Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I been using that site for a couple years. Quick and very easy. ECF probably dont want it posted because they refuse to pay ECF the worship fee.

"Hail Caesar!"

Rarely peek in on ECF, anymore. Don't think I miss anything. That
stated, also know ... "believe what you want there's always someone
willing to tell you that you're wrong." That's where apathy helps out.

I can easily choose to not care, getting easier as I go along. Some
might say that I ought to care. Well, been there and done that. Found
out a person can care too much. Still care in a very low key sense but
on the grander scale I can reserve my caring for more important stuff.

Selective apathy helps avoid stress. Of course, so does having a good
toke or so off of something herbal. Not in a position for that so I rely
on the apathy. I could possibly drink. *sighs* No, that's not me either.
Not to say I mind having a drink or two every now and then, I do. I just
don't feel enthused to drinking and getting drunk simply because.

I know what it is, I need more sex. Shame I cannot afford a gigolo.
Even if I could I've not ever paid out directly for sex, don't plan on
starting now.Oh well, there's always Rosie and her sisters. All that to
simply remind me of what I tell y'all, ... go fuck yourself. Everybody
knows life is a state of mind over matter, you don't mind, it don't
matter.

Somewhere I had point in there aside from the rambling. :)

Ah, yeah that was my point. I need coffee, that singular gray brain cell
is not quite firing yet. It's not paid enough to think. Well, I better
follow number twenty, he's heading down to get coffee. If number 89
comes on here in a bit and starts typing in stuff about how the lunar
cycles of Venus are spectacular this season, tell him he needs to go
fuck himself.

Y'all run 'er slow 'til the other side come on.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's

Well, survived my birthday :D Rascal and me celebrated and he had a great time until his mommy came by last night and puppynappped him. She tried to hit me up for $200 because she needs tires on her truck but I failed to find a reason to really give a shit. Girl is taking my dog on my birthday and has totally forgotten it was my birthday doesnt need to ask me for money. In a couple days or so it will hit her that she forgot and she will say something and find out how she doesnt register on my give a shit meter anymore :p

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's

Well, survived my birthday :D Rascal and me celebrated and he had a great time until his mommy came by last night and puppynappped him. She tried to hit me up for $200 because she needs tires on her truck but I failed to find a reason to really give a shit. Girl is taking my dog on my birthday and has totally forgotten it was my birthday doesnt need to ask me for money. In a couple days or so it will hit her that she forgot and she will say something and find out how she doesnt register on my give a shit meter anymore :p
Sounds like my daughter-in-law. Well I'm glad you at least got to celebrate some of your birthday with him.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
he "knows all there is to know about Ohm's low" (SIC!) -- and proceeds to tell us about his 3000mAh 30amp batteries.

YEah, I left the convo as soon as he made it clear he knows it all already - jeez Louise - is a $25 clone as good. as the authentic or will it blow my face off?

:gaah:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
YEah, I left the convo as soon as he made it clear he knows it all already - jeez Louise - is a $25 clone as good. as the authentic or will it blow my face off?

:gaah:

I figured I might as well stay for the comedy if nothing else. :giggle: But if i can help someone avoid blowing off their face, I guess I'll at least TRY. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nah, the one titled "too good to be true", asking if a $25 clone of a mod was as good as an authentic. And mostly he's being told, "NO".

Clone attys, fine. Clone mods? Hmm, no, though I have a couple clone mechs -- but they're single battery mods, made by Smok and EHPro, respectively -- unlikely to be terribly dangerous as long as i use quality batteries, don't over-discharge said batteries, and since i use nearly-2-ohm coils. For a 3 battery mech, I'd DEFINITELY want a namebrand.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are you referring to the thread where the guy could not get his mech to fire?
Nah, the one titled "too good to be true", asking if a $25 clone of a mod was as good as an authentic. And mostly he's being told, "NO".

Clone attys, fine. Clone mods? Hmm, no, though I have a couple clone mechs -- but they're single battery mods, made by Smok and EHPro, respectively -- unlikely to be terribly dangerous as long as i use quality batteries, don't over-discharge said batteries, and since i use nearly-2-ohm coils. For a 3 battery mech, I'd DEFINITELY want a namebrand.

Andria

I just told him any mech needs quality batteries and can vent if used improperly - then he lectured me on knowing ohms law and wanted to put it all on the clone, so I exited the convo

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'd just like to give an emphatic :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: to the guy who says he "knows all there is to know about Ohm's low" (SIC!) -- and proceeds to tell us about his 3000mAh 30amp batteries. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Andria

Ah, I know one of those "knows all" people. He got into watching some YouTube videos about forge welding. Thinks he'll set up a forge and get to forging out stuff for around on the farm. I simply did a smile and nod as he
yapped on about how easy it'll be for him as he "knows all there is to it and then some". This past Sunday he mentioned it to my FIL, "all you gotta do is dig a hole in the ground and you got a forge". Again, I smiled and contained myself.

Doesn't matter that I had two years of welding in High school, passed x-ray tests for stick and torch. We also covered using a forge to create some nice wrought iron knives. Our instructor felt that was a better route in material as it worked up easier than cold roll. It also taught us to not burn our material up. Would have done welding for the Navy in as much as repairing ordinance, ship parts, hulls et all. But, I'm just some fool idiot that wouldn't know a thing about it. So, I held my tongue & saved my breath.

I had thought of setting up a forge, proper livery but only if her grandfather had overseen me. It was his place and I wanted to respect that. Well, life being what it is, he had a stroke & wouldn't have been fit to offered any insight or help, not that he wouldn't have tried. Curbed my notion of doing that because I realized it required keeping in good with him, which meant to me, he would at least come in with stuff for me to hammer out. He would have also brung in other farmers what needed work done. Barter would have suited me for paying.

You just don't go all fired headlong into something like setting up a livery, forge without understanding the honor behind smithing. It can be as much a community project as it is an individual putting his back to the stone. Knowing that, I knew that her granddad would be a good source of "coming into" the community. He has an old wash house he built in timber/lumber. There's all kinds of secrets in it. For one he floated the rafters so as to keep the roof pitch and level with the ground. It's a working of pure geometrical angles and genius. Her dad wants me to eventually bring the wash house down, slow, easy. He doesn't trust a "know it all".

Much as I'm cynical toward a lot of life, there's much I admit to being a raven about. Each day I'm finding out something new. :) Maybe when I finally get to retire, I can see my dust scattered back to the stars or at least in the great black ocean of space. Until then, might as well enjoy passing through. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I would have said, ... depends but use any mech cautiously. Got a couple Reo Grand clones. They do alright but I do use them cautiously. Got Coppervape mods, they're authentic though. I still use them cautiously. Got a half mech, Picco Squeeze, still use it catiously.

"How's that?"

Use mechs cautiously seems a theme.

"Nah, ya think?"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would have said, ... depends but use any mech cautiously. Got a couple Reo Grand clones. They do alright but I do use them cautiously. Got Coppervape mods, they're authentic though. I still use them cautiously. Got a half mech, Picco Squeeze, still use it catiously.

"How's that?"

Use mechs cautiously seems a theme.

"Nah, ya think?"

There are just a whole lot of people trying as hard as they can to get the Darwin award. I think the guy in that thread is pretty young, so maybe he'll pocket-fire and blow his 'nads off before the misfortune of bringing any Stupid Jr's into the world. We can only hope! ;) Someone should assure him that it's perfectly safe to carry that mech in his front pocket. :giggle:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Someone should assure him that it's perfectly safe to carry that mech in his front pocket. :giggle:

Yep, even with loose batteries and loose change, keys, washers, bolts
etc. .

Bah. That's far to cynical and quite inhumane to voice. Perhaps, I
ought not be sating these kind of things. No living creature deserves
suffering like that, no matter if due to their own incapacity &
ineptitude to learn or not.

How is it right of me to ask humanity to have matured toward its higher
potential & aspirations if even I fall prey to propagating negativity?
Well, I can see that is not right. I retract the above sarcastic remark,
offering an apology.

We're all human and capable of erring. It may be grace that lends to
someone knowing silence being the better response. Who am I to preside
in judging? No one is who. Life will tend itself.

As for me? Need to get a :coffee: and gradually let the day start. Then, see
to writing up a six thousand word short story. Might chain ten of those into
a meshed novel of sixty thousand words, or sell ten independent stories.
The point is, I need today to be better, which lends to me needing to
be better.

Y'all run 'er slow. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: If you get extra
hugs from me, ya know what to do. :)

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's :)

Good Morning Fugees!

9:00 am here only 77 degrees and 84% humidity.

Looks like Choppy is sending me some rain again later today.

Looking at Radar, looks to be coming more from Texas than from me and we all know that Texas chic is known for sending us bad weather :teehee:

(bet I get the mean girl for that lol)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a couple of 30+ Amp 3000 mAh batteries on the market these days.

The 30T is a 35A CDR 3000mAh battery,
View attachment 113985

the 40T is a 30A 4000mAh one... :D
Yeah I think the thread was about 18650 though.
But I am often wrong, just ask my wife unit.

There are actually 100-200 amp CDR cells as well. I forget the size but they make good vehicle jump start units. I think they just charge up to 3.25 volts or so though.
And have screw lugs on the ends.

Edit: 38120 cells. 100A CDR and 8 AH claimed.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey TD. Wazzup?

Long time no see Troll Dragon, hope everything been good with you and yours :)
:wave:
I'm doing good and working at my local vape shop these days. I got tired running Cat5 cable and cleaning virus's off of idiot's customers computers. :cuss2:

The juice is cheap and I get to help folks get off of the stinkies. :cheers:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I think the thread was about 18650 though.
But I am often wrong, just ask my wife unit.

There are actually 100-200 amp CDR cells as well. I forget the size but they make good vehicle jump start units. I think they just charge up to 3.25 volts or so though.
And have screw lugs on the ends.

Edit: 38120 cells. 100A CDR and 8 AH claimed.
Awesome cells, 30A charge rate! Need to put in a request to Nitecore or Xtar for a charger. ;)

Wonder how they would work in a 3S or 4S configuration on a PWM board... :idea:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome cells, 30A charge rate! Need to put in a request to Nitecore or Xtar for a charger. ;)

Wonder how they would work in a 3S or 4S configuration on a PWM board... :idea:
You would need 4S I think as they only do a max of 3.2 volts.
saw vids of people putting 4 in series and replacing the auto battery with them.
I would not do that but would make an outstanding motorcycle battery.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Spent years and years of always being wrong and eventually ya go with it and have fun with it, hence an acquired skill :teehee:

Ah ha, knew I was in good company. *grin*

Will digress there as I'm not keen to ramble, been doing a bit too much. Suffice it that I'm happy for such company. :) Means when the crap hits the fan, at least it goes around in equal shares. *chuckles*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ditto that for "idiots and call-center employees." :facepalm:

True happening, my wife had tried to get Windows to access my Linux box. This can be done and I had set everything up on my side for it to be done. She set it up on her side. Well, try as she might it just wouldn't happen. She ran through all the help files regarding the issue. She looked online for help, saw a few articles but they offered no actual help.

She calls Microsoft tech service. They were billing at something like $2.95 for the first three minutes of a call and $0.75 each extra minute. She waited on hold for a half hour before a tech could get free to talk to her. Then, that tech did something astounding, ... walked her through the help files. each time he suggested something she replied, "been there, done it, next?"

The tech finally says, "Sorry, that's as far as the script goes. If you can't get help from the help files, I guess you call tech support."

My wife sighed deeply, "you think so?"

I took a minute or two, looked a few things up and kind of hacked a quick ssh (secure shell) into her computer and set an access file up on it. Pointed her to PuTTy which is like Hyperterminal but better, it accesses other computers by ssh. It saw the access file, read it, logged her right into my computer without a snag.

She laughed. "I'm glad I married a hacker and not Microsoft tech support."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One thing I have learned in life is that when the excrement impacts the oscillating air movement device it is not distributed evenly.

Shhh. Some of us like being mushrooms regarding equality. Keep us in the dark and feed us dung. That way we can at least dream, the dreams of electronic sheep maybe but dreams nonetheless. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg
See the big guy in the picture above? I found him dead this morning. :( My nephew came and in 99 degree heat, 80% humidity dug me a grave to bury him. That's the kind of day I've had. Bear had been eating very little for about the past month. I thought he just didn't like his food so I bought different food. He ate very little of that too. Yesterday, when I went to feed him, I noticed that he had diarrhea so today I was planning to mix him up some rice, boiled chicken and canned pumpkin to combat it. I went out this morning and he was stretched across the ramp dead. I'm going to really miss that low menacing bark of his when there are ferocious deer in the yard.
My day has sucked!!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 114008
See the big guy in the picture above? I found him dead this morning. :( My nephew came and in 99 degree heat, 80% humidity dug me a grave to bury him. That's the kind of day I've had. Bear had been eating very little for about the past month. I thought he just didn't like his food so I bought different food. He ate very little of that too. Yesterday, when I went to feed him, I noticed that he had diarrhea so today I was planning to mix him up some rice, boiled chicken and canned pumpkin to combat it. I went out this morning and he was stretched across the ramp dead. I'm going to really miss that low menacing bark of his when there are ferocious deer in the yard.
My day has sucked!!

:hug:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Bob and Lucy. Yesterday when I went out where he was I could see the pain in his eyes. It bugged me so much that I almost called my neighbor to go and shoot him to put him out of his pain. Then I thought that I might call the animal shelter vet to see if she would come and euthanize him if I saw that same pain in his eyes this morning. I didn't get the chance though.:(

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Bob and Lucy. Yesterday when I went out where he was I could see the pain in his eyes. It bugged me so much that I almost called my neighbor to go and shoot him to put him out of his pain. Then I thought that I might call the animal shelter vet to see if she would come and euthanize him if I saw that same pain in his eyes this morning. I didn't get the chance though.:(

I am very sorry for your loss lynn :(

:hug:

VU Sponsors