Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a cat that was polydactyl. I loved that kitty. I lost her to cancer in 1998. Make sure you check in between her foot pads for extra claws. Mine developed a limp. When I checked her paw, I found that she had a claw that had grown rather long and it was sticking her when she walked. So she had 6 toes on each of her front paws and an extra claw on the right one.

I'll advise the spawn -- he's her bubbie-momma after all. :D He keeps bitching about her climbing all over him at night, keeping him awake. I told him "Welcome to parenthood!" :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use my smart phone primarily for Kindle. It's awesome; we were just out doing the grocerying, and I was reading on the way back -- in the fucking DARK, I could read a book. Stupendous invention! Also love our truck's USB ports, so I can charge my phone -- or my vape! -- while riding around. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just saw a news story about a vape shop in the ATL metro area that was burglarized last night. The security cam caught the whole thing. What a fucking moron.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I worked I used the hell out of my smart phone. I would play Pandara while I was working and a lot of the time while I was on long drives too. Surf the web, live radar, email and catching up on the news and FB. I loved it. Now that I am retired, I dont use it at all. :giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I worked I used the hell out of my smart phone. I would play Pandara while I was working and a lot of the time while I was on long drives too. Surf the web, live radar, email and catching up on the news and FB. I loved it. Now that I am retired, I dont use it at all. :giggle:

My husband listens to Pandora a lot. I can't stand commercials in my music, so I have several gigs of music on my SD "card" (chip!), and also sometimes listen to Amazon Prime music... though I need a data connection for Amazon; for my own music, no connection necessary. :) But since I got my new phone and new carrier, I usually keep mobile data turned off, so it doesn't just default to 4G anytime the wi-fi is iffy. If I really want a connection, I can always turn it on, but this way, it's only on when I actually need it.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my phone quite a bit too. I do Facebook, surf the web, check emails and I use Pandora at work even though I'm not supposed to. I also use it to text, check weather and even as an actual phone on occasion. My new one is grand!! I left home this afternoon with 100% battery and actually came home with 90%. That was unheard of on my old one.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have pandara on my roku box also. A lot of times I will put that on when its time to go to sleep and let it play thru the house all night from the TV. Maybe a commercial every 10 songs for the free version is fine with me, im usually snoring when that happens anyways lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. Lots going on. Too much. :(
Mr. Freeman's days are numbered. :( He's in pain a lot with arthritis. He's an 11 year old black lab mix with a gentle, loving soul. Spent this weekend loving on him and giving him more and more pain meds just so he could walk without hurting (not to mention crying my eyes out - woke up with my left eye glued shut:eek:). My brother-in-law is bringing him Monday back to the vet to see if there is anything else that will help him. If not, he'll go to the Rainbow bridge where I'm sure my mom will be waiting to great him. She's the one that told me years ago, that pets go to Heaven too. Sometimes in life, you don't expect something/someone so wonderful could come into it.., but he did. I'm extremely concerned for Tabitha. They are together 24/7. Sleep together, play together(well, used to....) , and I'm not looking forward to seeing the pain his absence will bring. I'm praying for guidance. And an answer. What do you all think? Should I adopt another dog for her? If so, what size? Should I adopt a kitten for her? I'm just not sure what to do. My brain is screwed up right not. Too much work. :(
I do have some happy to share. My friend sent a video of Fernando and his big brother. (Choppy, don't get any ideas! :cuss2:)
Here's the link:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. Lots going on. Too much. :(
Mr. Freeman's days are numbered. :( He's in pain a lot with arthritis. He's an 11 year old black lab mix with a gentle, loving soul. Spent this weekend loving on him and giving him more and more pain meds just so he could walk without hurting (not to mention crying my eyes out - woke up with my left eye glued shut:eek:). My brother-in-law is bringing him Monday back to the vet to see if there is anything else that will help him. If not, he'll go to the Rainbow bridge where I'm sure my mom will be waiting to great him. She's the one that told me years ago, that pets go to Heaven too. Sometimes in life, you don't expect something/someone so wonderful could come into it.., but he did. I'm extremely concerned for Tabitha. They are together 24/7. Sleep together, play together(well, used to....) , and I'm not looking forward to seeing the pain his absence will bring. I'm praying for guidance. And an answer. What do you all think? Should I adopt another dog for her? If so, what size? Should I adopt a kitten for her? I'm just not sure what to do. My brain is screwed up right not. Too much work. :(
I do have some happy to share. My friend sent a video of Fernando and his big brother. (Choppy, don't get any ideas! :cuss2:)
Here's the link:

:hug:

Sorry about your poor old dog

Really, just wait and see, the right pet for you and Tabitha will come along - might be sooner, might be later

Last edited:

firechick

Member For 4 Years
Oh Atcha, I'm so sorry you have come to that stage in your dog's life. Sending hugs and prayers your way. They say animals live shorter lives because they already know how to be what it takes humans decades to figure out, if ever.

I'm with Lucy. The right companion for you both will come along if and when it's supposed to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn Atchaffy, I had to give Rascal a hug after reading that. My heart goes out to you and Mr Freeman. :(
Thanks Choppy. And thanks to all of you for your support. He was in good spirits this morning after his pain pill and steak breakfast. Yeah, I bought some steak, and chicken and grilled. He and Tabitha had a feast yesterday.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mondays havent had any meaning for me in years. For the last 30 years thursday is the day I had a love hate relationship with :giggle:. THursday I would go to work and a week later on thursday I would go home for a week. For a handfull of years it was 14 days there and 14 days at home, but it was always every other thursdays that I hated hahahaahhaaha

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've thought for many years how great it would be if I was actually employable. I even tried, a few times since me and the mate have been together, to do the job thing. It just doesn't work for me; I'm just not cut out for constant daily exposure to proto-humans with sub-normal IQs, it makes me literally crazy, I get depressed, suicidal, then I have to stop working anyway and take some godawful medication and see a shrink regularly, who tries to figure out why me being alone all the time is NOT pathological, it's my normal... It's just better if I stay home and don't even try to fit in, because I simply do not fit and never will. Thank goodness, my husband realized this a long time ago, and is fine with it. But I really would have enjoyed being a productively-employed person... if I could just stand the rest of the human race.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I first was put out to pasture, I just did not get along with that idea. I knew in the bottom of my soul I belonged at work, not at home on the couch. A year later, it was better but I was still climbing the walls. Now, screw work lol I have lots of hobbies and projects to keep me occupied and if I dont feel like doing shit, I have a couch that reclines and a puppy boy that loves to cuddle his papa. Life is good :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first was put out to pasture, I just did not get along with that idea. I knew in the bottom of my soul I belonged at work, not at home on the couch. A year later, it was better but I was still climbing the walls. Now, screw work lol I have lots of hobbies and projects to keep me occupied and if I dont feel like doing shit, I have a couch that reclines and a puppy boy that loves to cuddle his papa. Life is good :D
Retirement is great if you have hobbies and self entertain well.
If all you had was work and maybe beer and watching sports before retirement it may well suck for ya.

yeah you were kind of put out to pasture. I jumped the fence at a run smiling all the while.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't be able to retire from working completely. Only from where I work now. I'll only get $687 a month on early SS so I'll have to pick up a PT job to help add to that. My son went to work at Walmart. 32 hours a week at $11.91 an hour. I could do that. The place I work at now is very taxing on my body that, because of age is slowly breaking down. If I wait until I'm 67 to get out of there, there will be nothing left of me to be able to enjoy retirement.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Retirement is great if you have hobbies and self entertain well.
If all you had was work and maybe beer and watching sports before retirement it may well suck for ya.

yeah you were kind of put out to pasture. I jumped the fence at a run smiling all the while.

If I went into this like most peeps, it wouldnt of been as bad. yet as my mom and ex both say, I never could do anything the way normal people do it. :giggle:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I won't be able to retire from working completely. Only from where I work now. I'll only get $687 a month on early SS so I'll have to pick up a PT job to help add to that. My son went to work at Walmart. 32 hours a week at $11.91 an hour. I could do that. The place I work at now is very taxing on my body that, because of age is slowly breaking down. If I wait until I'm 67 to get out of there, there will be nothing left of me to be able to enjoy retirement.

I could not survive on that.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
An old Crusty grumpy mechanic many many years ago who liked me and took me under his wing and was a mentor to me told me once that I was the only person he knew who could fall into a truck load of shit and come out smelling like a rose every time. I thought about this many times thru the years and ya know, he is right. I do have extraordinary good luck. Not win the powerball luck (yet lol) but damn good luck.

The company I worked for had long term disability that has to pay %60 of my base pay and since its an insurance, it is tax free income. The long term insurance company even paid for a lawyer group to assist me in getting SSI disability and I was approved for the maximum amount with reevaluation in 5 to 7 years. That does offset what the insurance company pays me and I will have to pay taxes on the SSI but still its a benefit to me.

You cant dwell on the bad shit. You just cant. My life was dealt a wicked blow. I loved the life I had. But this life isnt too bad either. If you looked at everything that happened to me, with the botched hernia surgeries and now fully disabled you would think I had nothing but bad luck but that is the farthest thing from the truth. My luck is actually still damn good. Im sitting at home with a snoring farting mutt cuddled up to me and I am bringing home close to $5K a month on disability. I cant breathe and I get lots of little heart pains but I still consider myself damn lucky.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
An old Crusty grumpy mechanic many many years ago who liked me and took me under his wing and was a mentor to me told me once that I was the only person he knew who could fall into a truck load of shit and come out smelling like a rose every time. I thought about this many times thru the years and ya know, he is right. I do have extraordinary good luck. Not win the powerball luck (yet lol) but damn good luck.

The company I worked for had long term disability that has to pay %60 of my base pay and since its an insurance, it is tax free income. The long term insurance company even paid for a lawyer group to assist me in getting SSI disability and I was approved for the maximum amount with reevaluation in 5 to 7 years. That does offset what the insurance company pays me and I will have to pay taxes on the SSI but still its a benefit to me.

You cant dwell on the bad shit. You just cant. My life was dealt a wicked blow. I loved the life I had. But this life isnt too bad either. If you looked at everything that happened to me, with the botched hernia surgeries and now fully disabled you would think I had nothing but bad luck but that is the farthest thing from the truth. My luck is actually still damn good. Im sitting at home with a snoring farting mutt cuddled up to me and I am bringing home close to $5K a month on disability. I cant breathe and I get lots of little heart pains but I still consider myself damn lucky.
I have long term disability insurance too. Maybe I should check into that.
I'm so sorry you are still having trouble breathing. It sucks. I finally am breathing pretty good now. Are you on oxygen?

VU Sponsors