Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think ditching coffin nails makes allergies worse. You know they say that smoking suppresses the immune system. Allergy is just an auto-immune disorder, the immune system run amok and having a hissyfit about something that isn't dangerous... so it stands to reason that smoking tends to suppress allergy, and then quitting smoking after many years as a smoker... ? Guess what: ALLERGY!

I've gotten to a Zyrtec every night before bed, and a Claritin when I wake up. And still have to take half a benadryl whenever my eyes start going nuts.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh yes isn't a realtive coming over to throw out your vape stuff?
Perhaps they could mow for you?
Or would they not regard that as helping you as they apparently do interfering with your life?

sorry could not resist the dig at someone who hurts you.
Not me boo! I think that was @Atchafalaya. I double dog DARE anyone to come into my house and throw anything away unless they've made their final arrangements and have the undertaker on the way when they pull up in my yard. My days of someone walking all over me are long gone! Lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not me boo! I think that was @Atchafalaya. I double dog DARE anyone to come into my house and throw anything away unless they've made their final arrangements and have the undertaker on the way when they pull up in my yard. My days of someone walking all over me are long gone! Lol
Lol same here. This was aimed at Atcha of course.
not long after I turned 21 my mother came to visit and saw beer in my fridge and started to pour it out. I very loudly told her that when I was in her house I had honored her rules, but this was my house. She was not happy but saw my point.
I had been on my own since 18.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Different effects on different people Andria. My sinus congestion (chronic) has almost entirely gone away since I switched to vaping.

Well yeah, smoking caused that congestion. Doesn't have a lot to do with allergy. Allergy is constant sneezing (check), runny nose (check), itchy watery eyes (check), exacerbation of asthma (check). Inhaling millions of particles of combustion products is bound to cause congestion, but it also suppresses allergic response. I got my lungs clear months before my sinuses cleared out!

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally got the results of the polyp biopsy....non cancerous. :stars:I have to go back in 5 years.
Yeah!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
Ahh yes isn't a realtive coming over to throw out your vape stuff?
Perhaps they could mow for you?
Or would they not regard that as helping you as they apparently do interfering with your life?
sorry could not resist the dig at someone who hurts you.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what would happen. I can't ask for help. And I live in the country so I have to suck it up and go on. Can't afford a different place. I did order this from Amazon though.
upload_2018-5-24_14-20-14.png
And Andria, I have to agree with you. I never had allergies OR psoriasis when I smoked!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Atcha, nagging them about helping to mow grass, etc may cause them to not stay so long if that is your desire?
LOL!!!
Well , unfortunately, my ex-brother-in-law has been helping me when things break. Now, he comes and goes as he pleases. I got home from work yesterday and he was at my house! I really need to change the locks. I've told him to stop coming over all the time but it doesn't work. He's a little "senile". Nice as can be, but man.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Unfortunately, that's exactly what would happen. I can't ask for help. And I live in the country so I have to suck it up and go on. Can't afford a different place. I did order this from Amazon though.
View attachment 111984
And Andria, I have to agree with you. I never had allergies OR psoriasis when I smoked!

I have eczema now, never had it before. It started on my hands, on the palms and between fingers, which is dishydrotic eczema... but now I also have some itchy patches on my lower legs and ankles. It's an awful trial -- it itches like a motherfucker, but scratching it just makes it itch more! So I'm going thru hydrocortisone and Gold Bond Eczema Relief with 2% colloidal oatmeal like there's no tomorrow.

Can you not find some high school boy who'll cut the grass for you, for a reasonable $$? Too bad you're so far away, that's exactly how my husband makes extra $$$ -- yardwork for other people. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL!!!
Well , unfortunately, my ex-brother-in-law has been helping me when things break. Now, he comes and goes as he pleases. I got home from work yesterday and he was at my house! I really need to change the locks. I've told him to stop coming over all the time but it doesn't work. He's a little "senile". Nice as can be, but man.

What about just demanding your key back, or calling the cops? Call the cops if he won't give it back. Why should you have to pay a locksmith just because someone doesn't know the meaning of "unwelcome"?

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have eczema now, never had it before. It started on my hands, on the palms and between fingers, which is dishydrotic eczema... but now I also have some itchy patches on my lower legs and ankles. It's an awful trial -- it itches like a motherfucker, but scratching it just makes it itch more! So I'm going thru hydrocortisone and Gold Bond Eczema Relief with 2% colloidal oatmeal like there's no tomorrow.

Can you not find some high school boy who'll cut the grass for you, for a reasonable $$? Too bad you're so far away, that's exactly how my husband makes extra $$$ -- yardwork for other people. :)

Andria
That's how I used to make extra money when I was a single parent. lol
There aren't any teenage boys in my neighborhood I'd let in my yard. I love doing yard work dag nabbit!!!!!! The mask will work I'm sure.
Happy Friday Fugees!!!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning all :wave: An almost sleepless night here last night. I coughed all night long as a result of the decongestant nature of the Claritin-D that I took. It's causing the junk in my head to thin and so it's draining down the back of my throat. :( One piece of good news though...I only have 2 more days of work before I get 2 off. Yay!! :bliss:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning all :wave: An almost sleepless night here last night. I coughed all night long as a result of the decongestant nature of the Claritin-D that I took. It's causing the junk in my head to thin and so it's draining down the back of my throat. :( One piece of good news though...I only have 2 more days of work before I get 2 off. Yay!! :bliss:

The only stuff I ever found that actually works on whats ailing ya Lynn is Sinus Max.
0b235cc9-7304-4de1-8946-1ed2fe76109b_1.8d51822d2ac6de0fdd4a683ae8161f86.jpeg

2 of these and maybe 4 hours later 2 more and my sinus is bone dry. Dripping down the back of the throat is the worst. This stuff stopped it for me a few times.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's how I used to make extra money when I was a single parent. lol
There aren't any teenage boys in my neighborhood I'd let in my yard. I love doing yard work dag nabbit!!!!!! The mask will work I'm sure.
Happy Friday Fugees!!!

Seeing how ya love it so much I have a 5 acre yard that needs cutting. Bring your own mower because mine broke the other day :xD:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
O - M - G
@inspects keep your weather!!!! I don't want it. lol
View attachment 112040

Wanna swap? All it's done here for oever a week is FUCKING RAIN! :mad: Or, it'll be nice, but the fuckin idiot weather people said it was gonna rain, so we kept Tuxie in, and she is NOT amused. AT ALL.

I think it's that motherfucking volcano. My husband sez "but this shit is coming up from the gulf and the caribbean"... yeah, it is, but if you take a longer view, you can see cloud activity starting back in the Pacific not far above the equator, and a solid line of it all the way over to the caribbean. The upper level winds are bringing it here, goddamnit. It's the fucking volcanic ash in the upper atmosphere that's causing it.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most decongestants keep me awake becuase of chemicals in them not the drainage.
I have trouble falling asleep anyway and it does not take much to push me into the wide eyed stage.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most decongestants keep me awake becuase of chemicals in them not the drainage.
I have trouble falling asleep anyway and it does not take much to push me into the wide eyed stage.
I didn't have any trouble falling asleep, it was staying asleep. I'd drop off only to wake up an hour later with a coughing fit. And it's not in my chest but all in my throat. Ugh!!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and dont forget to GFY :)

Guess we will be having company in the next few days

alberto track.gif

If it follows this track I will get wet but not horribly

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I kinda think its Lucy's fault. She hasnt made it to the volcano yet and been sacrificed so we get good weather. Don't know what her hold up is :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I'm booking a ticket soon - probably this weekend - for early next month

I already live in a boreal rain forest so don't see what the problem is

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, it looks like Alberto is bearing east a lot sooner than anticipated; the initial projections were for it to head north before bearing east, but now it seems that only FL will get much of it.

alberto.jpg

It became a tropical storm just about where that little blob off Belize is now, but seems to be heading nearly due east rather than northward. Let's hope it continues that way. All that shit over the SE US is almost certainly a gift of the goddamn volcano. Which are really cool and all... ON THE OTHER GODDAMN SIDE OF THE PLANET!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugees :)

Alberto's track looks a lot better today :) If it follows this path then I will get some rain but no more than a normal afternoon thunderstorm. Same with Andria. They will get some but it dont look like anything bad. And then there is Bob. The kids traipsing on his lawn might get a bit wet but I dont think the rain would be so bad that it would disturb Bobs aim at those kids on his lawn :teehee:

Screenshot_2.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin fugees :)

Alberto's track looks a lot better today :) If it follows this path then I will get some rain but no more than a normal afternoon thunderstorm. Same with Andria. They will get some but it dont look like anything bad. And then there is Bob. The kids traipsing on his lawn might get a bit wet but I dont think the rain would be so bad that it would disturb Bobs aim at those kids on his lawn :teehee:

View attachment 112124

I still can't figure out why they're making shit up like that "projected track", when the actual path of the storm is very different -- this is just now:

alberto2.jpg

The "eye" of the storm is only very loosely organized, hence their term "sub-tropical" to describe it... and it's still heading more east than north, going right over Cuba and FL. Above FL, it appears only the most marginal of outliers. Sunny here ATM.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's :)

Looks like Alberto will totally miss me :p Looks like Andria will get some rain. Forecast shows her in the green area so nothing severe :)
As for Bob, lets say hope he is constructing an ark. He night need one :giggle:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning fugees. Happy Sunday :)

I don't think we're going to get rain from Alberto but the mountains are. We're getting enough rain from somewhere though. There was a downpour last night right at 11 when we were leaving work. Just as I was contemplating running for it...it stopped. Then it followed us all the way home. 10 minutes after I got home the bottom fell out! I swear I saw some kittens and puppies falling through the air. Lol
Off today and tomorrow then we're all betting it will be 7 day weeks straight through to the 4th of July. The company I work for was bought out by a company in the UK known for buying companies where they cut overhead, make them more cost effective then selling them. Anyway, management is cleaning us up in preparation for our new owners visit the last of June. Ought to be an interesting month. Lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin fugee's :)

Looks like Alberto will totally miss me :p Looks like Andria will get some rain. Forecast shows her in the green area so nothing severe :)
As for Bob, lets say hope he is constructing an ark. He night need one :giggle:

I'm not even sure about that, choppie. They've been hollering RAIN RAIN RAIN here for over a week, but the last two days... no rain in the daytime at all, though it did come a gullywasher night before last, and I think it rained a bit last night as well. But at least our front porch is covered, so our traditional holiday steak cookout will proceed as planned. :)

I think those TWC people just get their jollies scaring everyone to death, and then laugh their asses off when nothing scary actually happens. :facepalm: I guess it wasn't enough for them to screw up the word "impact" forever. IT'S A NOUN, YOU MORONS! NOT A VERB!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not even sure about that, choppie. They've been hollering RAIN RAIN RAIN here for over a week, but the last two days... no rain in the daytime at all, though it did come a gullywasher night before last, and I think it rained a bit last night as well. But at least our front porch is covered, so our traditional holiday steak cookout will proceed as planned. :)

I think those TWC people just get their jollies scaring everyone to death, and then laugh their asses off when nothing scary actually happens. :facepalm: I guess it wasn't enough for them to screw up the word "impact" forever. IT'S A NOUN, YOU MORONS! NOT A VERB!

Andria

TWC I never could stand and if that Jim Cantore is ever beheaded by flying scrap metal in a storm, me and many others I know would stand and clap for the storm!

Some people go insane over this weather crap. My sister is one of them. This girl already called checking on rooms 3 days ago before Alberto was even named. I get bewildered at people like her. With me, is it a cat 3 yet? dont pester me about it until it hits cat 3 :giggle:. I dont want all the rain that comes with a storm but I am not gonna pack up the car and evacuate every time a storm is named either.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi Lucy!!
Btw- I mixed up some of your Chocolate Milk a couple of weeks ago and that stuff is the BOMB!! I went through 30 mls in 4 days.

It is tasty - glad you tried it!

It's actually a clone of Golden Ticket - its tastes exactly the same - but of course at a much higher cost

VU Sponsors