Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Atchafalaya hopefully you're feeling a bit better and your situation/condition is improving quickly.Take good care of yourself sweetness.
Yours - James.
I'm better. Going to work today for a bit to try to make up some time. I haven't really been taking good care of myself for the past year but that's going to change. As soon as I'm feeling better I'm going to start to exercise again.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone! :wave: I so apologize for being gone so long. I have an old(gen3) iPad and for some reason, every time I post here it causes my iPad to constantly freeze up until it's been restarted for at least 10 times. According to Apple the freezing is caused by corrupt data in safari, that I can't upgrade because it's an old iPad. I tried downloading Chrome to come here and post but that caused my tablet to freeze as well. The only other option I have is to backup the entire contents of the iPad, upload it to iTunes then transfer to a laptop, connect my iPad to the laptop then restore the entire thing. Not happening.
Other than the above, I've been working lots. I just finished 19 days straight. I have the weekend off because I took a vacation day on Monday to finally get my colonoscopy done. It was supposed to have been done in 2014. :rolleyes: Colton started work this morning at Walmart. That will help me financially. And we added a new kitten to the menagerie on Tuesday. One of friends was going to try and just leave it out on the porch but we caught her before that happened. I really didn't need another but there's no way that I would sentence this baby to immediate death by leaving it outside.
@Atchafalaya I've been reading about your illness. I'm so glad that you're feeling better!! I hope this continues! <3
Ok, you're all caught up now...Have a great day all!!! :blowkiss:
ETA: Forgot to attach a pic of the new baby.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm better. Going to work today for a bit to try to make up some time. I haven't really been taking good care of myself for the past year but that's going to change. As soon as I'm feeling better I'm going to start to exercise again.

:luck:

Ok, you're all caught up now...Have a great day all!!!

Glad to hear from you and know you are doing well - and that Tuxedo is ADORABLE!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awwwwwwww. My son wants to add another feline, for his b-day present (next week). I'm not opposed... but I'm worried to death that it will overstrain what OTC antihistamines can do for my allergy. I also have no idea if it would be better to get a male or female, given our current female feline.

Good to see you back, Lynn, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Atcha.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So good to see you here Lynn. :stars:Glad you got some time off!
I'll send a pm to anyone that wants to see her. My dil devil::devil: incarnate) doesn't want me to even share pics on my locked down security FB (I shared one anyway ****snicker**** :devil::devil:). She didn't even want me at the hospital in the waiting room!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone! :wave: I so apologize for being gone so long. I have an old(gen3) iPad and for some reason, every time I post here it causes my iPad to constantly freeze up until it's been restarted for at least 10 times. According to Apple the freezing is caused by corrupt data in safari, that I can't upgrade because it's an old iPad. I tried downloading Chrome to come here and post but that caused my tablet to freeze as well. The only other option I have is to backup the entire contents of the iPad, upload it to iTunes then transfer to a laptop, connect my iPad to the laptop then restore the entire thing. Not happening.
Other than the above, I've been working lots. I just finished 19 days straight. I have the weekend off because I took a vacation day on Monday to finally get my colonoscopy done. It was supposed to have been done in 2014. :rolleyes: Colton started work this morning at Walmart. That will help me financially. And we added a new kitten to the menagerie on Tuesday. One of friends was going to try and just leave it out on the porch but we caught her before that happened. I really didn't need another but there's no way that I would sentence this baby to immediate death by leaving it outside.
@Atchafalaya I've been reading about your illness. I'm so glad that you're feeling better!! I hope this continues! <3
Ok, you're all caught up now...Have a great day all!!! :blowkiss:
View attachment 110852
WE were3 woirried about ya.
Darned apple stuff...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awwwwwwww. My son wants to add another feline, for his b-day present (next week). I'm not opposed... but I'm worried to death that it will overstrain what OTC antihistamines can do for my allergy. I also have no idea if it would be better to get a male or female, given our current female feline.

Andria
Fixed males seem to make the best pets.

Ohh wait cats, I thought we were talking humans here....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Andria

Another female would be much less likely to whop on your older kitty - and they are just less rowdy in general

As a dyed in the wool cat lady, females (Queens) tend to make better pets all around

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
<blushing> Thanks you guys! I didn't think I was missed. It's nice to know I was. :)

My little munchkin kitty that I "thought" was a boy has actually turned into a girl. :rolleyes: I had named her Moon because she's got this white crescent shape in the middle of her back. Now I've renamed her Luna. She is feisty and fearless. Onyx and Bella both hiss at her, Shadow is starting to come around, Oreo and Sammy don't care. They both sniff her and then just walk on. :teehee:

@Atchafalaya I'd tell the dragon lady to kiss my ass! Lol

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
Thanks Andria. I will have Lucy my vote on the kitty decision.:)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
<blushing> Thanks you guys! I didn't think I was missed. It's nice to know I was. :)

My little munchkin kitty that I "thought" was a boy has actually turned into a girl. :rolleyes: I had named her Moon because she's got this white crescent shape in the middle of her back. Now I've renamed her Luna. She is feisty and fearless. Onyx and Bella both hiss at her, Shadow is starting to come around, Oreo and Sammy don't care. They both sniff her and then just walk on. :teehee:

@Atchafalaya I'd tell the dragon lady to kiss my ass! Lol
Lol!
We did miss you hell yeah we missed you!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another female would be much less likely to whop on your older kitty - and they are just less rowdy in general

As a dyed in the wool cat lady, females (Queens) tend to make better pets all around

I do tend to prefer female pets, whether dogs or cats. And Tuxie has a real "hissy" fit when male cats come around, so I'm thinking a female might be more acceptable to her determined sense of what suits her dignity. Plus male cats seem to have a much stronger odor, even when fixed, and i read something recently indicating that a chemical in that odor is one among many cat-allergens. But someone around here mentioned that multiple females in a household will fight, and I certainly don't want that. Plus, with a female, after they're about 6 mos old, you have to watch them carefully for signs of estrus, so they don't accidentally wind up pregnant. Unless we adopted one that was already older than that and maybe already fixed, since we'll be adopting either from Planned Pethood or the local animal shelter (veterans pay only the cost price of immunizations, all the rest is free, including the sterilization).

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here with mine, the kind of cat determines how well they get along. Bella, my Siamese, is total diva. The only cat here that she tolerates is Sammy, the yellow tabby. Bella is female, Sammy is a neutered male. Sammy tolerates all the others with no problems. Onyx is solid black, a spayed female but doesn't like any cat. At all! Shadow and Oreo are the 2 tuxedos, both have been fixed, were male and female, tolerates all the other cats, including the kitten. Shadow has even stopped hissing and growling at Luna and will lick and play with her.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My daughter again made my Mother's Day memorable last night. I needed $1100 to purchase my car back in March so she lent it to me. She informed me last night that she wanted the entire amount by the end of this month. That means working 7 days for the rest of the month, all of my utilities will be cut off since I won't be able to pay them and Colton and I won't be eating since I won't have money for groceries. If I can't come up with the money, she can't go on her cruise. :confused:

When I borrowed it from her, I never dreamed that it would take this long for the insurance company to settle up with me. It will be 3 months on Monday since the accident. :eek:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Being the proud papa to a cat for many years, let me just say those who thinks female felines are not that aggressive are only fooling themselves. For the first dozen years of my girls life she lived with us on the GF's parents property and she beat the shit out of every cat on that property. She was such a holy terror that I had to ground her a few times because the GF's momma was complaining that my girl had every one of her cats traumatized and my girl was damn proud of that. :D I have never seen any male cats that had a love of fighting like my girl did.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My daughter again made my Mother's Day memorable last night. I needed $1100 to purchase my car back in March so she lent it to me. She informed me last night that she wanted the entire amount by the end of this month. That means working 7 days for the rest of the month, all of my utilities will be cut off since I won't be able to pay them and Colton and I won't be eating since I won't have money for groceries. If I can't come up with the money, she can't go on her cruise. :confused:

When I borrowed it from her, I never dreamed that it would take this long for the insurance company to settle up with me. It will be 3 months on Monday since the accident. :eek:
Oh man. Lynn that's awful.
My son made mine too. He called last night and told me they picked out a house. Yeah. He, his wife, my grandbaby, and his wife's grandmother were 20 minutes from me and didn't bother to tell me. Sad thing is, he knows how sick I've been. Oh, and it's a house by the lake. Yeah. Nice right? Don't pay me back the $30,000. Use it for a lake house. :confused:
Anyway, got me some shrimp and gonna make myself a Mother's Day feast!!!!
Hope you all enjoy today.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My son made mine too. He called last night and told me they picked out a house. Yeah. He, his wife, my grandbaby, and his wife's grandmother were 20 minutes from me and didn't bother to tell me. Sad thing is, he knows how sick I've been. Oh, and it's a house by the lake. Yeah. Nice right? Don't pay me back the $30,000. Use it for a lake house. :confused:
It's ok. Karma will come back to bite her in the ass on this. With no power, groceries, gas for the car etc she will have to either miss work or lose sleep to take Noah to school and to the other lady that takes him to school, go to the laundrymat to wash/dry her clothes, go somewhere else to watch tv. And the list goes on. I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around. Lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm agitating for NOT cooking today, seeing as how it's Mother's Day and going to be 90+ degrees today. Either Subway or Taco Hell. The spawn's b-day is the 19th and we'll be "going out to dinner" to celebrate both his and mine (the 22nd) so I don't wanna spend too much today. Those new wraps they have at Subway are really good, with the guacamole.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's ok. Karma will come back to bite her in the ass on this. With no power, groceries, gas for the car etc she will have to either miss work or lose sleep to take Noah to school and to the other lady that takes him to school, go to the laundrymat to wash/dry her clothes, go somewhere else to watch tv. And the list goes on. I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around. Lol

Karma need to bite the shit out of your sons ass too. I know he is your kid but he is allowing his wife to be cruel to you and being a cunt when it comes to you spending time with your grand kid.. That is unacceptable and falls on HIS shoulders. .

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I got a phone call about 30 minutes ago from my prick son. Not to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. But to ask me why I was "blowing" up their phones. Seriously??? A "Happy First Mother's Day" to his wife and a "Good luck with the house" is blowing a phone up? And of course none of them replied. GRRRRRRRRRR
Then he told me Happy Mother's Day. I am thinking my life would be better just to cut them out of it. Instead of letting them continue to hurt me over and over.
I'm agitating for NOT cooking today, seeing as how it's Mother's Day and going to be 90+ degrees today. Either Subway or Taco Hell. The spawn's b-day is the 19th and we'll be "going out to dinner" to celebrate both his and mine (the 22nd) so I don't wanna spend too much today. Those new wraps they have at Subway are really good, with the guacamole.

Andria
Dude I love Taco Hell!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Karma need to bite the shit out of your sons ass too. I know he is your kid but he is allowing his wife to be cruel to you and being a cunt when it comes to you spending time with your grand kid.. That is unacceptable and falls on HIS shoulders. .
I agree Choppy. It got worse. See above

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

My mom is a witness so she dont observe as she puts it, mothers day but did call the ex's mom and wished her a happy mommys day. Rascal and me just enjoyed some eggs on home made bread toast :) and now making a new loaf of bread. Later thinking of firing the grill up and putting some pork chops on it :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I got a phone call about 30 minutes ago from my prick son. Not to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. But to ask me why I was "blowing" up their phones. Seriously??? A "Happy First Mother's Day" to his wife and a "Good luck with the house" is blowing a phone up? And of course none of them replied. GRRRRRRRRRR
Then he told me Happy Mother's Day. I am thinking my life would be better just to cut them out of it. Instead of letting them continue to hurt me over and over.

Dude I love Taco Hell!

I love the Bell too; those chalupa wraps are right up my pastry-loving alley. :D Don't even much care what they put inside it, as long as there is fried dough, I'm a happy camper. ;)

As for your son... yeah. I know you will always love him, and that is right, he's part of you. But that doesn't give him the right to destroy your life, and his bitch of a wife certainly doesn't have any rights where you're concerned, she hasn't earned them by a LONG fucking shot. Cutting your son and grandchild out of your life completely might not be possible or even desirable, but it does sound like it's time to put your foot down: no more help of any kind, though you'd certainly make sure your grandchild has food to eat and clothes to wear... and no NOTHING, not one word, from that bitch he's married to until she learns to treat you with respect. You have a right to that at the VERY LEAST.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My mom is a witness so she dont observe as she puts it, mothers day but did call the ex's mom and wished her a happy mommys day. Rascal and me just enjoyed some eggs on home made bread toast :) and now making a new loaf of bread. Later thinking of firing the grill up and putting some pork chops on it :p
OMG that sounds good. I bought chops yesterday too.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love the Bell too; those chalupa wraps are right up my pastry-loving alley. :D Don't even much care what they put inside it, as long as there is fried dough, I'm a happy camper. ;)

As for your son... yeah. I know you will always love him, and that is right, he's part of you. But that doesn't give him the right to destroy your life, and his bitch of a wife certainly doesn't have any rights where you're concerned, she hasn't earned them by a LONG fucking shot. Cutting your son and grandchild out of your life completely might not be possible or even desirable, but it does sound like it's time to put your foot down: no more help of any kind, though you'd certainly make sure your grandchild has food to eat and clothes to wear... and no NOTHING, not one word, from that bitch he's married to until she learns to treat you with respect. You have a right to that at the VERY LEAST.

Andria
Thanks Andria. I'm not posting to her FB anymore. She never "likes" anything I write anyway. Even other people have noticed and asked me about it. My son is not the person he was or that I raised. His mind has become warped. I'll never put my foot forward again to be nice or reach out to either one of them. If they want to talk to me, I may or may not answer the phone.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

:hug:

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I love the guacamole one! I have it every 2 weeks even with the microwave bacon. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love the guacamole one! I have it every 2 weeks even with the microwave bacon. :)

Yeah there needs to be a cross between the bacon-turkey-guacamole wrap with a chalupa... oh wait, taco hell had a chicken club chalupa.. but they got rid of it... DUMBASSES!!!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Thanks Andria. I'm not posting to her FB anymore. She never "likes" anything I write anyway. Even other people have noticed and asked me about it. My son is not the person he was or that I raised. His mind has become warped. I'll never put my foot forward again to be nice or reach out to either one of them. If they want to talk to me, I may or may not answer the phone.

Sorry for all the serious bummers

My mother was abusive, neglectful to the point she had her kids taken away by the state, stole from me, and is just a hideous person - and I couldn't do that shit to her

Of course, she'd never co-sign for a loan for me and I'd not lend her one penny, but you know what I mean :mad:

VU Sponsors