Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I kind of get a kick out of (Kirsten Dunst's version)

It makes me wonder if the half-korean girl character on Scorpion, who had at one time recorded a music video in some asian country, if they got the idea of that video from this one -- the character had some weird colored hair in it, maybe blue. The premise was that this character, a math and mechanical genius, had written a song that was mathematically calculated to be a hit -- and it was. She made a pile of money from it, and tried to forget her excursion into music video land, since she's actually a very serious and sober and wry mechanical genius. But she's already asian of some flavor, not japanese I'm pretty sure; her name (IRL) is Jadyn Wong, which could be chinese or korean.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*looks at his label tag around the back of his neck, reads:*

Made in Taiwan with parts sourced from:
Scotland, France, Spain, Germany, Turkey, Italy, North American Continent, England

Manufacturing took place in clean room environments in Taiwan, it was then passed to Khmer speaking Cambodians to retrofit with Japanese technological interface and transferred to what is now know as America for final assembly in Orlando, FL.

Clean with soap and water.
No food after midnight.
Do not expose to directly fresh air.
Do not feed unit dairy.
Failing these rules will result in Gremlin.

Hm, well I guess I better say nothing at all of this to my wife. Too late now anyway. Now, did I leave the foil in the microwave? ...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It makes me wonder if the half-korean girl character on Scorpion, who had at one time recorded a music video in some asian country, if they got the idea of that video from this one -- the character had some weird colored hair in it, maybe blue. The premise was that this character, a math and mechanical genius, had written a song that was mathematically calculated to be a hit -- and it was. She made a pile of money from it, and tried to forget her excursion into music video land, since she's actually a very serious and sober and wry mechanical genius. But she's already asian of some flavor, not japanese I'm pretty sure; her name (IRL) is Jadyn Wong, which could be chinese or korean.

Andria
Never watched the show but Jadyn Wong is very pretty so on the list it goes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never watched the show but Jadyn Wong is very pretty so on the list it goes.

It's a very good show! Almost always hilarious, geeks trying to interact with the real world. You need to catch about 4-5 seasons of it though, to get caught up. They get into the most improbable dilemmas, but it's based on the adventures of a real life genius named Walter O'Brien, so even if it's prettied up by Hollywood, some of it is undoubtedly representative, if not 100% factual.

Katherine McPhee is pretty easy on the eyes, too. :D

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a very good show! Almost always hilarious, geeks trying to interact with the real world. You need to catch about 4-5 seasons of it though, to get caught up. They get into the most improbable dilemmas, but it's based on the adventures of a real life genius named Walter O'Brien, so even if it's prettied up by Hollywood, some of it is undoubtedly representative, if not 100% factual.

Katherine McPhee is pretty easy on the eyes, too. :D

Andria
Just looked her up.Very cute..So yeah I'll add (Scorpion) to my list of stuff to watch.
Maybe that will distract me from my recent obsession with (Emily Bett Rickards)
Obsession might be too strong of a word...Cheers!

EDIT; FORGOT TO ADD A PIC OF HER

Emily-Bett-Rickards-Wallpapers-HD.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And now I have to put this next 1 up.
Also called (Freedom)
Oh and yes you have to play it.

No, I don't. He's got one of those accents that make me wanna kill something. And the quality of his voice... uggh. He sounds like he needs to clear his throat and hack up a huge loogie. Just GROSS. The shaved head doesn't help IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I don't. He's got one of those accents that make me wanna kill something. And the quality of his voice... uggh. He sounds like he needs to clear his throat and hack up a huge loogie. Just GROSS. The shaved head doesn't help IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Andria
:giggle:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haha! Glad I'm not alone.

My wife refuses to let me sing this in Walmart no matter how much I tell her it is simply a comfort song. ;) :p

Ehhh, not wild about that type of music, but at least it IS music, unlike rap/hiphop. But yeah... that kinda NY/NJ accent just makes me wanna go completely postal -- they have the everloving nerve to think that southern accents sound stupid? HAH! At least with southerners, you get courtesy and good manners; with NY/NJ, you get something like "HEY I'M WALKIN HEAH!" and the middle-finger salute. :facepalm: I think that's what happens when you pile about 20 million people together in a space that's only reasonable for maybe a million or two -- it's really no damn wonder at all they're all rude and neurotic. I'd be rude and neurotic (er, moreso!) too, if I had to live in such close proximity to so many others.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
they have the everloving nerve to think that southern accents sound stupid? HAH! At least with southerners, you get courtesy and good manners; with NY/NJ, you get something like "HEY I'M WALKIN HEAH!" and the middle-finger salute. :facepalm:

Yep, know what you mean. Learning here though, I don't pay too much, too much mind. When a person has fallen betwixt the cracks they get such a luxury. Lots of stuff runs together in a sameness.

Well, need to get what little housework I got to do done. Everybody run 'er slow. Have a few :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Y'all know what to do with the extras. If that's too difficult for ya, well, GFY.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
My comment was mostly for @Atchafalaya sorry you don't like it though.But that was kind of the point.
I like messing with my friends.You'll get used to it or wind up ignoring me.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ehhh, not wild about that type of music, but at least it IS music, unlike rap/hiphop. But yeah... that kinda NY/NJ accent just makes me wanna go completely postal -- they have the everloving nerve to think that southern accents sound stupid? HAH! At least with southerners, you get courtesy and good manners; with NY/NJ, you get something like "HEY I'M WALKIN HEAH!" and the middle-finger salute. :facepalm: I think that's what happens when you pile about 20 million people together in a space that's only reasonable for maybe a million or two -- it's really no damn wonder at all they're all rude and neurotic. I'd be rude and neurotic (er, moreso!) too, if I had to live in such close proximity to so many others.

Andria
I still disagree with your all rap sucks stance.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My comment was mostly for @Atchafalaya sorry you don't like it though.But that was kind of the point.
I like messing with my friends.You'll get used to it or wind up ignoring me.

I would never ignore you! You're one of my buds! But, I'm glad I don't have to play the vids you post. :D

Maybe I'll post some country music vids. :giggle: (no I'm not a diehard country fan... but I learned to appreciate it after rap took over rock n roll.)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still disagree with your all rap sucks stance.

Ok, that's fine. I do like this one, from back sometime in the 90s:

The key is, along with the rap, there's also music... really good music! And the singer's kinda cute too, which definitely doesn't hurt. :giggle:

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not polka but the others, yes.
My son wrote this semi-dubstep song years ago. It starts getting good around 50 seconds in
That's not bad as far as dubstep goes!

I really enjoy a lot of electronic music but dubstep is not one of them. Too much woob woob, not enough melody typically.

Country music is pretty common here but I can't stand it. Only polka is worse..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Polka, no thanks,,,

Dubstep, heard some of it when I was working, it seems ok. Didnt want to kill anyone so its listenable lol

Rap, fuck no! That shit makes me want to destroy things.

Country........ no, never liked music about stubbing your toe while doing your cousins wife and leaving a tear in your beer from it. No thanks.

Celtic and Irish music I use to play at work just for a change of pace. Was cool to listen to.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DirecTV doesn't carry RFD anymore, much to my husband's annoyance. But he found some other channel for old-fart hillbillies, so he's reasonably content with that.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rap, fuck no! That shit makes me want to destroy things.

Yup -- starting with the "rolling earthquake" (a/k/a their vechicle!) which is spewing that noxious shit all over my ears.

Country........ no, never liked music about stubbing your toe while doing your cousins wife and leaving a tear in your beer from it. No thanks.

There's a lot of country I wouldn't wipe my ass on, but a lot of the "new country" sounds a lot like the "southern rock" of the 70s, though with more fiddles, banjos, and steel guitar -- a real lot of electric guitar in there nowadays (Brad Paisley is a fucking genius on the guitar, also Keith Urban!), and really GREAT harmonies like Little Big Town -- their harmonies remind me of Yes and CSNY back in their heyday.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's one of Little Big Town's best -- and it's not really country, it's actually a blues ballad, a torch song, and this lady has got the most AMAZING voice. Even those of you who don't like country, listen to this song; it's so moving, such a plea to someone who will never love you no matter how much you love them. Been there, done that, really glad I moved on.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup -- starting with the "rolling earthquake" (a/k/a their vechicle!) which is spewing that noxious shit all over my ears.

There's a lot of country I wouldn't wipe my ass on, but a lot of the "new country" sounds a lot like the "southern rock" of the 70s, though with more fiddles, banjos, and steel guitar -- a real lot of electric guitar in there nowadays (Brad Paisley is a fucking genius on the guitar, also Keith Urban!), and really GREAT harmonies like Little Big Town -- their harmonies remind me of Yes and CSNY back in their heyday.

Andria

Some country is ok like some of any variety of music is ok but it will never be my go to music of choice :) Now Yes and CSNY, yeah, always liked them :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some country is ok like some of any variety of music is ok but it will never be my go to music of choice :) Now Yes and CSNY, yeah, always liked them :)

Yeah my husband gets annoyed with me because everytime we get in the truck, I immediately switch it from one of his country channels to one of the 2 'classic rock' stations we listen to -- though one of them is a little harder edged, and throws the 90s and early 2000's into the mix too, with grunge and a bit of alternative/metal -- Bush is a good example. There really is still some good rock being made (my son has made me a real fan of Shinedown! And also Seether to some extent), but you have to be selective.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'all remember me carrying on about this new floorplan program I found? This is my latest design, in both 2D floorplan, and with furnishings and various flooring surfaces:

2Dfloorplan-smlr.jpg
floorplanWfurniture.jpg

And then it will also render 3D images like this, which is one of the reasons a) it's an expensive program, and b) it's worth it to me!

diningRm3Dvista-smlr.jpg

I post these so you'll know why you haven't seen much of me around in the last month or so -- I'm having way too much fun with this thing. :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's :)

Dont know what I did (this time) to piss off Atchaffy but look what she sent my way this monring!

sjrcbq1wQ5KJLMFfQfuoMg.png

VU Sponsors