Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Broke a NarDa (squonk) out this evening, damn...forgot how flavorful this atty is.....:wave:

I'm returning to tight draw attys, with much more flavor.

No more huffing, as @AndriaD puts it....:teehee:

Mr Santa Cromwell PIFed me one of those, but just looking at it, I don't think it'll be anywhere near tight enough to suit me. Someone once characterized the tight draw I require as "gnat's ass tight", which is about right. :D

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mr Santa Cromwell PIFed me one of those, but just looking at it, I don't think it'll be anywhere near tight enough to suit me. Someone once characterized the tight draw I require as "gnat's ass tight", which is about right. :D

Andria
You can turn the airflow off completely, in an authentic anyway.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Broke a NarDa (squonk) out this evening, damn...forgot how flavorful this atty is.....:wave:

I like the huffing but then too, I do it using tight airflow for tight drawing. Got a NaRDA clone here that gets rotated in between the Gorge and Wasp Nano. Also had a Goon LP on a mod for a while now, it is starting to green up like the brass mod. :)

Suppose I could clean up the brass & make it "bright work" again. *using best Eeyore voice* Don't really see the need to bother though. A lot I'm finding fits that category, it's having to as I'm confronting possibly public health issue number one, cortisol.

Cortisol is a hormone released in your body to help the flight or fight response, can build up like hard rocks inside you. Used to have a purpose but we (mankind) have kind of lost a more robust need of it. Stress also brings cortisol out in full force and that includes stress from anxiety, panic attacks. Cortisol contributes as a major vector of depression, anxiety so it is kind of a catch 22 biological chemical.

In confronting this nasty bugger I'm being more aware of thought processes, what stirs worry. So, yes a good lot of stuff I'm simply saying "don't give a fuck" to. :) Also exercising more regularly as that too helps dispel cortisol. Funny, got near half a dozen ways what could kill me, I still laugh. :) Got no choice, have to laugh.

“To accuse others for one's own misfortune is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one's education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one's education is complete.”
― Epictetus

“He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at.”
― Epictetus

“Freedom is the only worthy goal in life. It is won by disregarding things that lie beyond our control.”
― Epictetus

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ever notice how music makes a fantastic calendar? Ballroom Blitz, 7th grade; Fox on the Run, 9th grade; Love is like oxygen, 11th grade.
In 12th grade, towards the end of it, around my birthday, I got SERIOUSLY into Cheap Trick, because the Budokan album had just come out, and I got it for my 18th bday. I went to see them in various venues 3 diff times, because for rock in the 80s, they ROCKED.

Color me surprised a little bit. You can actually recall that time span in your life. :)

I cannot, at least not with a fair bit of clarity. Know I failed English quite a few years. Two years of that was in fact due to the teacher. She was one of those elderly types what had gone round a few bends more than required. I would turn my work into her, whole class saw me do it, next day I would fail the previous day's assignments because I hadn't turned any work in.

The school system looked into that but I still lost two years there. Then, I finally got put into advanced English which was a bird class for me anyway, diagramming sentences and learning of gerunds. Granted, I know my grammar and punctuation bite toe jam, I'm still more of literal genius than a mechanical or math one.

Got involved also around then in some of the more seedy parts of life. Ya know, those silly drug things. :) Didn't amount to much for them, but know they added to where I am now. Some days I forget even if I ate, much less my name. *chuckles* Speaking of which that breakfast session is calling out for me. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Y'all run 'er slow, ye get extras of those pass some on to @Jimi or even to a stranger you happen to see in a rut. :) We'll hug the world better.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I've never been able to get anything approaching what I would call good flavor from the real tight, MTL style vapes. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but the restricted full lung hit is like an order of magnitude more flavorful for me, for whatever reason. I did a review of the Hastur MTL, and it seemed like quality, I could just never get any kind of decent flavor going in there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've never been able to get anything approaching what I would call good flavor from the real tight, MTL style vapes. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but the restricted full lung hit is like an order of magnitude more flavorful for me, for whatever reason. I did a review of the Hastur MTL, and it seemed like quality, I could just never get any kind of decent flavor going in there.

Well its a good thing vaping is so customizable - because I'm the opposite - except I have been able to get a decent vape from larger, but they are just too darn airy for my tastes

Also, I do not like a hot vape, like it cooler

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well its a good thing vaping is so customizable - because I'm the opposite - except I have been able to get a decent vape from larger, but they are just too darn airy for my tastes

Also, I do not like a hot vape, like it cooler
The reload is the sweet spot for me. For a high performance rta it has a very restrictive airflow, but it is on the warm side. Still, best flavor I've ever had. To each his/her own though,true

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Color me surprised a little bit. You can actually recall that time span in your life. :)

I cannot, at least not with a fair bit of clarity. Know I failed English quite a few years. Two years of that was in fact due to the teacher. She was one of those elderly types what had gone round a few bends more than required. I would turn my work into her, whole class saw me do it, next day I would fail the previous day's assignments because I hadn't turned any work in.

The school system looked into that but I still lost two years there. Then, I finally got put into advanced English which was a bird class for me anyway, diagramming sentences and learning of gerunds. Granted, I know my grammar and punctuation bite toe jam, I'm still more of literal genius than a mechanical or math one.

Got involved also around then in some of the more seedy parts of life. Ya know, those silly drug things. :) Didn't amount to much for them, but know they added to where I am now. Some days I forget even if I ate, much less my name. *chuckles* Speaking of which that breakfast session is calling out for me. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Y'all run 'er slow, ye get extras of those pass some on to @Jimi or even to a stranger you happen to see in a rut. :) We'll hug the world better.

Drugs never had much effect on my memory -- except that bastard alcohol, had those alcoholic blackouts like nobody's business -- the first and foremost sign of alcoholism -- non-alcoholics may wish they could forget how stupid they acted when drunk, may even pretend to forget it... but it's not simply GONE as it often is, with actual alcoholics.

Other than those drunk blackouts (which is NOT the same as passing out; you're still walking and talking, to all appearances awake... but it's like the llights are on and nobody's home), my mind is pretty much a steel trap -- stuff goes in, doesn't usually go out. I ran into one of my high school besties, back in the 90s, and she was like, "how the hell do you remember all that stuff?" but I'm like, "how the hell could you forget? You were there... You were awake, right?" :teehee: She was always really smart, played the violin with me in the school orchestra, went to law school, was a working attorney for a labor relations company of some sort, so I can't figger out how someone that bright forgets their own youth. o_O

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I read something interesting recently that may apply to you -- apparently it's not uncommon for some people to have some tastebuds a lot further into the airways and the esophagus that is usually thought to be the case, or is normally the case. Humans are kinda weird like that, all different sorts of configurations. ;) (and yeah I did go "Aha! Cloud chasers, explained at last!" :teehee: )

Andria

Last edited:

sickbxy

Member For 4 Years
Must be expensive stuff.
My consumables vaping cost is around $15/mo.
Juice, wire, wick and amortizing in battery costs and costs of the equipment that I am currently using.
Still using HG2's that I got 2.5 years ago.

this does not take into account all the backup equipment or the now obsolete equipment that I have bought.
At this point with enough equipment to last me probably the rest of my life I have spent maybe 1/3 at most of what I would have spent on cigs.
All good till shinyitis kicks in... especially if your eyes are bigger than your pocket book.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I read something interesting recently that may apply to you -- apparently it's not uncommon for some people to have some tastebuds a lot further into the airways and the esophagus that is usually thought to be the case, or is normally the case. Humans are kinda weird like that, all different sorts of configurations. ;) (and yeah I did go "Aha! Cloud chasers, explained at last!" :teehee: )

Andria
Ya never know, I guess it's possible. But I think for me it's not about the volume of clouds. It's that in those high output devices, I generally get a light mist of juice on my tongue, and that obviously causes the flavor to be really strong. I can't get that mist unless there's a certain level of airflow to push it there.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya never know, I guess it's possible. But I think for me it's not about the volume of clouds. It's that in those high output devices, I generally get a light mist of juice on my tongue, and that obviously causes the flavor to be really strong. I can't get that mist unless there's a certain level of airflow to push it there.

Thats why I always said wattage unlocks flavor. A juice that taste good in a protank at 8 watts will usually taste awesome at 50 watts. The higher the wattage the more it unlocks the subtleties of a flavor. For those who dont use high wattage look at it this way. A juice like Monkey bread from ITCvapes. In a protank at 8 watts. its a decent desert vape. Sweet and yummy. Vape it in an RDA at 100 watts and my god the maple syrup flavor explodes on you where in the protank you really dont know it has a maple syrup flavor as part of its profile. Thats one of the reasons people like high wattage. Where most people fixate on the clouds part of high wattage vaping, some of us who like it do it for reasons that has nothing to do with clouds.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats why I always said wattage unlocks flavor. A juice that taste good in a protank at 8 watts will usually taste awesome at 50 watts. The higher the wattage the more it unlocks the subtleties of a flavor. For those who dont use high wattage look at it this way. A juice like Monkey bread from ITCvapes. In a protank at 8 watts. its a decent desert vape. Sweet and yummy. Vape it in an RDA at 100 watts and my god the maple syrup flavor explodes on you where in the protank you really dont know it has a maple syrup flavor as part of its profile. Thats one of the reasons people like high wattage. Where most people fixate on the clouds part of high wattage vaping, some of us who like it do it for reasons that has nothing to do with clouds.

Yes and some flavors go to crap at high wattages.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes and some flavors go to crap at high wattages.
High temps and high wattages are not always linked though. I have builds that are cooler at 130watts than other builds at 70 watts. But if the temp goes too high that's definitely true. It can mess up and distort flavors.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
High temps and high wattages are not always linked though. I have builds that are cooler at 130watts than other builds at 70 watts. But if the temp goes too high that's definitely true. It can mess up and distort flavors.

True but if not high temps at high wattages it usually requires high airflow to keep the temp down.
clouds bro clouds kind of thing.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
True but if not high temps at high wattages it usually requires high airflow to keep the temp down.
clouds bro clouds kind of thing.
Well, for my big huge staple builds, 100 watts is really not a lot, it's a slow ramp and doesn't feel too hot at all even with moderate airflow. It would be unbearable with low airflow though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, for my big huge staple builds, 100 watts is really not a lot, it's a slow ramp and doesn't feel too hot at all even with moderate airflow. It would be unbearable with low airflow though.

It's really a balancing act -- the low wattage, and my extreme flavor percentages, makes a lot of folks look at it, like, HUH? But I like super tight draw, right, because it's more like a cigarette, and that's the main thing about smoking I always missed when I tried before to quit, before vaping. That tight draw means little airflow, so it requires very low wattage -- usually just under 10w with my Achilles, though I often went to 11 or 12 watts back when I used Kayfuns. The Achilles is SO super-tight, and constructed just SO, that even at the very low wattage that tightness needs, the flavor is simply unmatched, and the TH was so intense that I had to lower my nic level and lower my wattage slightly (from what I used with the kayfuns). That's the real genius of the Achilles, it balances those aspects *perfectly*. Then, throw in that my juice is still 24%-25% flavoring, shisha strawberry plus 3 creams, and I get flavor probably as intense as what others can only get if they go over 50w. And not a lot of vapor, which is perfect, cigarettes didn't cloud up a whole damn room unless you continually chain-smoked. Asthma doesn't like thick vapor OR smoke-filled rooms. :D

Andria

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's really a balancing act -- the low wattage, and my extreme flavor percentages, makes a lot of folks look at it, like, HUH? But I like super tight draw, right, because it's more like a cigarette, and that's the main thing about smoking I always missed when I tried before to quit, before vaping. That tight draw means little airflow, so it requires very low wattage -- usually just under 10w with my Achilles, though I often went to 11 or 12 watts back when I used Kayfuns. The Achilles is SO super-tight, and constructed just SO, that even at the very low wattage that tightness needs, the flavor is simply unmatched, and the TH was so intense that I had to lower my nic level and lower my wattage slightly (from what I used with the kayfuns). That's the real genius of the Achilles, it balances those aspects *perfectly*. Then, throw in that my juice is still 24%-25% flavoring, shisha strawberry plus 3 creams, and I get flavor probably as intense as what others can only get if they go over 50w. And not a lot of vapor, which is perfect, cigarettes didn't cloud up a whole damn room unless you continually chain-smoked. Asthma doesn't like thick vapor OR smoke-filled rooms. :D

Andria
I guess I've never tried a setup like that. Most mtl setups I have tried had what I would call "dry flavor", like, the flavor of the juice but in a very dry form, which for me was hard to really detect anything but the most prevalent flavor notes. And my setups are definitely wet vapor, where there is juice coming with the clouds, if that makes sense.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess I've never tried a setup like that. Most mtl setups I have tried had what I would call "dry flavor", like, the flavor of the juice but in a very dry form, which for me was hard to really detect anything but the most prevalent flavor notes. And my setups are definitely wet vapor, where there is juice coming with the clouds, if that makes sense.

When I was still over at butthole central, I was often in their Achilles thread, and I read at least one person who was getting rid of their Achilles because the flavor was too "wet" -- he said he felt like he had ejuice in his mouth. And yeah, when I first started using it, I would often pat my lips to see if there was juice on them, but no, the flavor is just that intense.

Wish another person who felt that way about their Achilles would wander into VU. :D

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I was BAD today. Baked up a decadent meatloaf. Seasoned with a dash of Cayenne, dash of salt, fresh peppers, fresh onion---just a tad, and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and parsley..............I'll diet tomorrow. lol
View attachment 108203
That looks so yummy.
I got a bit naughty yesterday and ordered a single + a double from Popsons.

http://www.popsons.com

bur01_painting_dark.WEB_.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like a little INXS, but my fave by far is "What You Need" -- in my 20s I had a brief stint as a topless dancer, and everytime I hear that song, I wanna jump on a table and shake my moneymaker! :bingo:

:teehee:
Andria
They were a pretty good group.If you've ever noticed my signature here you'd already know I was a fan of them.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a huuuuuuuuuuuge Sweet fan; had a couple of their albums, and once I won tickets to see Bob Seger, the Against the Wind tour I think, and Sweet was the opener -- I liked them from Ballroom Blitz, Fox on the Run, and later, Love is like Oxygen. Fantastic band!

Andria

ETA: Ever notice how music makes a fantastic calendar? Ballroom Blitz, 7th grade; Fox on the Run, 9th grade; Love is like oxygen, 11th grade.

In 12th grade, towards the end of it, around my birthday, I got SERIOUSLY into Cheap Trick, because the Budokan album had just come out, and I got it for my 18th bday. I went to see them in various venues 3 diff times, because for rock in the 80s, they ROCKED.
Yes they did rock and 1 of the best ballads ever.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes they did rock and 1 of the best ballads ever.

The studio version of that song is really "bubblegum", on the In Color album, but the live version, whoo, outstanding! But the one I like the best is their cover of Fats Domino's Ain't That a Shame. Also on that album, "Big Eyes" -- the studio version of it (on Dream Police, I think?) is pretty damn good, but the live one beats its ass! :D

I still farkin love them, but their first album was by far their best. After Dream Police, I kinda lost interest.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The studio version of that song is really "bubblegum", on the In Color album, but the live version, whoo, outstanding! But the one I like the best is their cover of Fats Domino's Ain't That a Shame. Also on that album, "Big Eyes" -- the studio version of it (on Dream Police, I think?) is pretty damn good, but the live one beats its ass! :D

I still farkin love them, but their first album was by far their best. After Dream Police, I kinda lost interest.

Andria
And now you can hate me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
blackouts (which is NOT the same as passing out; you're still walking and talking, to all appearances awake... but it's like the llights are on and nobody's home),

This is what Prozac did with the addition of an on edge and sharp persona, which took on its own life or tried. That's why I got off of it. Well that and seeing folks I knew that had no ability to be where they were much less to be at all. No, it wasn't merely visiting spirits either. Not :zombie::zombie::zombie:neither, just bad illusions conjured by a drug addled mind.

A waste, a terrible thing to mind. ;) :p This evening I found the Old Timer pocket knife my wife's granddad wanted me to get when he left. Thought it had been lost and it felt bad to think that. The knife was in our little yellow canvas tool bag. Reckon I'd put it in that sometime or other while out and piddling, forgot that's where it rested.

Good to have his knife back. :) It had been his daily carry up until he well, turned for the worse. That and my Pap's camouflage cap help offer me solace. Got a scythe from my step dad's father. I lack anything of sentiment from Big Nernie, my dad's father. Gee, thanks dad you asshole.

Well, hope everyone is faring fair to middlin', y'all run 'er slow GFY and have some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:. If you get extras, pass 'em along and we'll be hugging the world back to right, be sure @Jimi gets a few. :) I'm not avoiding him, we just run in different circles and times. *chuckles* That's life for ya. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And now you can hate me.

That was originally released on Cheap Trick's EP, which I had -- also saw them perform it on SNL. It's ok, but their quality got a little spotty after Dream Police. I was surprised that Zander didn't appear with Neilsen on Letterman's farewell week, but apparently Zander is working with someone else now. Despite that Neilsen once said that Zander was his favorite singer. I just liked his looks, and yeah his voice is great, but those looks... *drool* :D

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was originally released on Cheap Trick's EP, which I had -- also saw them perform it on SNL. It's ok, but their quality got a little spotty after Dream Police. I was surprised that Zander didn't appear with Neilsen on Letterman's farewell week, but apparently Zander is working with someone else now. Despite that Neilsen once said that Zander was his favorite singer. I just liked his looks, and yeah his voice is great, but those looks... *drool* :D

Andria
My cousin Chris looks just like him but with slightly darker hair.

VU Sponsors