Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can only think to myself this thread has nothing to do with being an ECF Refugee any longer since many of the refugees are still active on the shit hole and this thread is so far of track from having anything to do with ECF............. F@#k you Returded1

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're right, it's really not about ECF at all, may they roast in hell. It's about the good friends we made there, who have since arrived here. It's in the "not vaping related" area so we talk about whatever we wanna.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh those on the poor straining electric carts with their butt cheeks about dragging....
Yep! Funny thing...I was on my way to work one afternoon when a moped went by me. There were 2 people on it. Both were as wide as the moped is long. That poor liquorsicle was just barely making 20 mph with so much weight on it. I laughed my ass off at that sight.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I have some good news to share. We had our biometric testing done at work tonight. All of my numbers(BP, triglycerides, ldl and hdl cholesterol and my glucose). The only thing that was commented on was my non hdl was too low. It's recommended that it be in the 70's, mine was 53. AND..I gained a pound!!! I'm at an even 100 now!! :stars:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And I have some good news to share. We had our biometric testing done at work tonight. All of my numbers(BP, triglycerides, ldl and hdl cholesterol and my glucose). The only thing that was commented on was my non hdl was too low. It's recommended that it be in the 70's, mine was 53. AND..I gained a pound!!! I'm at an even 100 now!! :stars:

:bunny:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morely, you sure its not something as simple as your personality that keep you from crowds? I know myself that I avoid all crowds period because I cant stand them. Nothing to do with anything other than that is part of my personality make up. I do not like crowds, period. Not even small ones. More than 5 or so peeps that I dont know and I am ready to get out of there and at times that many are pushing it :) Just my personality bro and probably the same with you. I been to festivals that had more than 250K peeps and when I was younger it wasnt so bad, I could hang for a while but now screw that, I want no part of it no matter whats its for. Your probably the same way. The older you get the less you can tolerate large crowds. Its not a flaw bro, simply it is what it is.

Ah, the "cigar is just a cigar". Well, I could agree with you. I do think that to an extent yes, it is simply personality. I am a INTP personality type according the silly Myers (sic) & Briggs (sic) test thingymabob. Those types they say are architects, planners of big ideas, but those type also shy back from crowds, need time alone to recharge and so on.

I enjoyed the old 'six pack' team units. To me that was about all the 'team' I could deal with being around. Granted each guy pulled the weight of six guys, but it was only six walking corpses, not thirty six. So yes, it is likely personality. I do note though the line from M.I.B. holding truth "people are smart ... No, people are stupid. Individually yeah one or two might be smart but a big herd is stupid."

I've had panic attacks though. Go into Wally World and my wife sees me get that odd glint glassing my eyes over, I can't breathe, talk, move. She knows then she has to hurry up and get me out of there asap. been gradually doing better though. I been tricking my little scaredy cat mind on it with another thought. "look, figure if some of these hotties were nakey ... ahhhh, ooooh ... hmmm mmm hm" ;p ;)

I mean hey, why not I'm only human after all, sex sells better than peace. *chuckles*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When life hands you lemons, make lemonaide. :teehee:

*LOL* When you get lemonaide, squeeze it back to lemons!

Sorry, I got the sillies going on a bit now. I need to go get :coffee: and walk on my treadmill. Did ten minutes yesterday, need twenty this morning. Y'all have a happy and 'member if all else fails GFY, run 'er slow. :hug: :hug: :hug: all around, ya know what to do with extras. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy almost noon fugees! :wave: Happy Friday as well! :) Because of our little snowstorm on Monday, I have to work all weekend. :rolleyes: Oh well...more money in my pocket so all tis well in wonderland. :D Have a great day all! :hug:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just want to go home and cry my eyeballs out. I think I will. I need to grieve over sweet Ned.

upload_2018-3-16_11-33-28.png

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a boyfriend of 7 years dump me because I wasn't Catholic........good riddance!
That was stupid of him.

I am a non believer in any deity or afterlife.
However my wife is a believer and I support her belief.
Heck I even take her to Sunday school and church. I sit outside during Sunday school and only attend church with her.
I do not take communion, etc but respect the rights of those who do.
I do all this because she does not pressure me to become a Christian and respects my right to not believe.

Real Christians are fine folks.
Unfortunately they are far outnumbered by false Christians.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was stupid of him.

I am a non believer in any deity or afterlife.
However my wife is a believer and I support her belief.
Heck I even take her to Sunday school and church. I sit outside during Sunday school and only attend church with her.
I do not take communion, etc but respect the rights of those who do.
I do all this because she does not pressure me to become a Christian and respects my right to not believe.

Real Christians are fine folks.
Unfortunately they are far outnumbered by false Christians.
:hug:
Well I did leave work a little early but I got a lot done. I cut down several small trees, weedeated the whole back area where the outside dog is, brushed him down, and now I'm sitting down for a break

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
... respects my right to...

This is the one thing I cannot and will not tolerate from anyone, when someone doesn't respect my right to believe whatever the hell I believe -- and it's sad that there are so many people in the world who are either so certain, or so insecure, that they cannot allow other people the right to their own thoughts. It's infuriating. I've had to be quite abrupt to my stepfather with his endless earnest xtian proselytizing. My aunt on the other hand is every bit as xtian as he is... but doesn't keep pestering me about it. Need I mention that I far prefer my aunt's company, to my stepfather's? :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes it's just good to get your ass up and moving when you're depressed about something. Then if you overdo it and you're in pain you don't think of anything else but that! LOL!

So very true! Plus, just *doing something* gets some of the good chemicals flowing in the brain, so you feel more worthy or something. I farking hate housework to the bottom of my soul, and do as little of it as i can get away with... but now you know why I tend to brag when I get 2-3 loads of laundry done. :D I was supposed to do some today, but... nah.... I hear a nap calling me, since I had to get up at 8am for the AT&T internet guy -- got upgraded to 100 m'bit from 24 m'bit, for just $10 more a month. :) :) :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the one thing I cannot and will not tolerate from anyone, when someone doesn't respect my right to believe whatever the hell I believe -- and it's sad that there are so many people in the world who are either so certain, or so insecure, that they cannot allow other people the right to their own thoughts. It's infuriating. I've had to be quite abrupt to my stepfather with his endless earnest xtian proselytizing. My aunt on the other hand is every bit as xtian as he is... but doesn't keep pestering me about it. Need I mention that I far prefer my aunt's company, to my stepfather's? :facepalm:

Andria
Most humans are very fearful of difference.
Why so very few are truly independent.
Most everyone is different from you when you are independent.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most humans are very fearful of difference.
Why so very few are truly independent.
Most everyone is different from you when you are independent.
I'm more like Andria in this aspect. I can be very blunt with people in that I'm not christian nor do I want to be. I will not be preached to or at. I believe in a higher source and you can call it what you want. My sister is a bit like Andria's stepfather so it took years of our arguing back and forth for she and I to reach an impasse so now we both know where each of us stand. We agree to disagree. She calls me a heathen(lovingly) I might add.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What the hell is the matter with the PO yesterday :cuss2:
I'm actually pissed at the PO today. I bought a Rose of Jericho plant at the end of February. Found out after I bought it that the damned thing was coming from China. o_O It finally made its way to the US last Thursday. It was supposed to be delivered today. It's still sitting in Greensboro. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm actually pissed at the PO today. I bought a Rose of Jericho plant at the end of February. Found out after I bought it that the damned thing was coming from China. o_O It finally made its way to the US last Thursday. It was supposed to be delivered today. It's still sitting in Greensboro. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF - that's three of us!

They screwed me out of my major award from Scotland yesterday also :tantrum:

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What the hell is the matter with the PO yesterday :cuss2:
Over the past roughly two months the USPS has been downright atrocious. I've had to start probably a dozen claims on behalf of customers but there are literally dozens of shipments that are severely delayed, and that's been going on for months. I was willing to give then the benefit of the doubt with regards to the storms and such, but it was even before that and to an extent that it just downright hurts business to have to constantly reship or try and fix their mistakes. It can be incredibly frustrating dealing with them...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Over the past roughly two months the USPS has been downright atrocious. I've had to start probably a dozen claims on behalf of customers but there are literally dozens of shipments that are severely delayed, and that's been going on for months. I was willing to give then the benefit of the doubt with regards to the storms and such, but it was even before that and to an extent that it just downright hurts business to have to constantly reship or try and fix their mistakes. It can be incredibly frustrating dealing with them...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fortunately, I've always had good luck with mail from AVS :wave:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
UPS is the one who had me pissed this week. Three times this year the lazy fuck driver left my package tied to an open gate by the road. The mail lady delivers to my door and fedex delivers to my door but UPS seemed to be too fucked up to do an actual delivery, until I pitched a fit on the UPS FB page lol Wow, calls, emails and even a drivers apology who didnt even deliver in this area normally :giggle: Guess they didnt like it when i put down on their facebook page that even the USPS was more reliable then UPS :D

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
UPS is the one who had me pissed this week. Three times this year the lazy fuck driver left my package tied to an open gate by the road. The mail lady delivers to my door and fedex delivers to my door but UPS seemed to be too fucked up to do an actual delivery, until I pitched a fit on the UPS FB page lol Wow, calls, emails and even a drivers apology who didnt even deliver in this area normally :giggle: Guess they didnt like it when i put down on their facebook page that even the USPS was more reliable then UPS :D

I have feuded with UPS for decades now - the driver we have now is pretty good, but it took a major meltdown on my part to get her to behave

FedEx and UPS used to think it would be a good idea to drop off Mr Juicy's stuff at my office in town, so they would not have to drive 14 miles out of town where the package(s) were actually addressed to go

Last time, I came back from lunch, to find the entire front entry way blocked by a boxed weber bbq, another with accessories like a firebox that was larger than the BBQ - no way this shit would even fit in my car

I was so PISSED and raised hell - the driver came and apologized and I've never had this problem with them since

But its only a matter of time before we get a different driver who tries the same crap

FedEx used to pull the same shit - and my staff would sign for crap that did not belong at the office

Now FedEX just lies and claims no one was there to sign when we were

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve only had 1 problem with UPS and that was a few years ago. I paid to have a package overnighted because I HAD to have it by the next day. I got an email from them saying it had been delivered but I couldn’t find it. I called and the person that answered suggested I look at all the common hiding places which I did but still didn’t find the package. She talked to the driver who said they left it on the front porch in a chair. There is no chair on my front porch. I went looking and found the package 5 houses up from me at a house that was unoccupied at the time. I called back and gave them holy hell. The answer I got was they have no gps in the trucks. My reply to that was well, can they read? The house number was very well displayed...1430. I live at 1436.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I've used FB to great effect with Xfinity too. But I finally got sick to death of their payment-creep -- a few more dollars every month that goes by, till we were paying something like $250/mo for the "triple play" pkg they offer. Fuck that noise, that's why we went with AT&T/DirecTV. I get real annoyed with AT&T over other shit, like when I can't logon to pay my bill, and I'm not even gonna go into the camel-abortion that ensued with my recent plan upgrade and being out of internet svc for almost 24 hrs -- I used the mobile hotspot feature from my phone to great effect, and it only cost me about 100mb on my monthly GB, which I NEVER reach since I rarely go anyplace. But at least with AT&T/DirecTV, my monthly pmt stays the same, no constant upward creep, which is why I acquiesced to the $10 more a month for more than 4 times the speed/bandwidth. That contract will be in effect till Dec this year, at which point I'll try to re-negotiate a new plan with them without the home phone, since we don't use it, we all have mobile phones. We've had fairly good service despite some storms, so it's worth keeping just to stay out of Xfinity's clutches, greedy bastards.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've used FB to great effect with Xfinity too. But I finally got sick to death of their payment-creep -- a few more dollars every month that goes by, till we were paying something like $250/mo for the "triple play" pkg they offer. Fuck that noise, that's why we went with AT&T/DirecTV. I get real annoyed with AT&T over other shit, like when I can't logon to pay my bill, and I'm not even gonna go into the camel-abortion that ensued with my recent plan upgrade and being out of internet svc for almost 24 hrs -- I used the mobile hotspot feature from my phone to great effect, and it only cost me about 100mb on my monthly GB, which I NEVER reach since I rarely go anyplace. But at least with AT&T/DirecTV, my monthly pmt stays the same, no constant upward creep, which is why I acquiesced to the $10 more a month for more than 4 times the speed/bandwidth. That contract will be in effect till Dec this year, at which point I'll try to re-negotiate a new plan with them without the home phone, since we don't use it, we all have mobile phones. We've had fairly good service despite some storms, so it's worth keeping just to stay out of Xfinity's clutches, greedy bastards.

Andria

TV is another thing that pisses me off! I have charter communications and they called me a while back and asked what I was watching for TV. Told them I use a Roku. They gave me this fanfuckintastic deal. Full cable, HBO, Showtime, Cinamax all for a great price plus my phone and internet service. It worked out to be free TV compared to what I was paying for internet and AT&T house phone service. After the initial deal the price jumped to $200. I said no frickin way am I paying that so called them. They cut my cable to basic which is cool with me and 10 selected channels plus internet and phone for like $105 a month. OK, that I can accept. Two months later I get a bill last week for $136 on cable service. Monday I will turn the TV cable off. Yet thats really not a bad thing way I see it. I signed up for DirectWay on Roku and that gives me everything cable gave me and more for $30 a month so screw the cable company :) I will be back around $105 a month that way. I have not turned my TV to cable in over a month so I wasnt using it anyways and once you use Roku, having cable TV is about pointless.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TV is another thing that pisses me off! I have charter communications and they called me a while back and asked what I was watching for TV. Told them I use a Roku. They gave me this fanfuckintastic deal. Full cable, HBO, Showtime, Cinamax all for a great price plus my phone and internet service. It worked out to be free TV compared to what I was paying for internet and AT&T house phone service. After the initial deal the price jumped to $200. I said no frickin way am I paying that so called them. They cut my cable to basic which is cool with me and 10 selected channels plus internet and phone for like $105 a month. OK, that I can accept. Two months later I get a bill last week for $136 on cable service. Monday I will turn the TV cable off. Yet thats really not a bad thing way I see it. I signed up for DirectWay on Roku and that gives me everything cable gave me and more for $30 a month so screw the cable company :) I will be back around $105 a month that way. I have not turned my TV to cable in over a month so I wasnt using it anyways and once you use Roku, having cable TV is about pointless.

We've considered some other options, netflix, Hulu, Vudu, or that magic box that supposedly gives you the same thing as basic cable for one price, no monthly bill... but we actually do use cable TV, or satellite in our own case; we don't have their most costly plan, but I think it's the one just below that, and it's actually a good deal, considering it's for cable TV, internet, and home phone -- $130/mo, now will be $140/mo... and the guys actually do watch those obscure channels for this and that, so if they're happy, everybody's happy. :D I can see that satellite service wouldn't be for everyone, it depends a great deal on a clear, unobstructed southern sky, and thankfully, we have that -- and direcTV does seem to have upped their game, from when we had it before, in 2011-2013. In the year and a half we've had it this time, the only time we suffered any downtime was back during that godawful hurricane Irma. :eek:

I finally downloaded and installed the MyAT&T app, which is how I managed to get my most recent bill paid... that has lately been my biggest grievance with AT&T; used to pay it online via my PC, but now can't logon that way. Then with this bill, couldn't logon from the email from my phone either. I finally remembered that one of the many folks I'd talked to in the last week on this or that aspect of my service suggested that app, and it worked -- and even offers fingerprint login for those who have a fingerprint reader on their phone. :)

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We've considered some other options, netflix, Hulu, Vudu, or that magic box that supposedly gives you the same thing as basic cable for one price, no monthly bill... but we actually do use cable TV, or satellite in our own case; we don't have their most costly plan, but I think it's the one just below that, and it's actually a good deal, considering it's for cable TV, internet, and home phone -- $130/mo, now will be $140/mo... and the guys actually do watch those obscure channels for this and that, so if they're happy, everybody's happy. :D I can see that satellite service wouldn't be for everyone, it depends a great deal on a clear, unobstructed southern sky, and thankfully, we have that -- and direcTV does seem to have upped their game, from when we had it before, in 2011-2013. In the year and a half we've had it this time, the only time we suffered any downtime was back during that godawful hurricane Irma. :eek:

I finally downloaded and installed the MyAT&T app, which is how I managed to get my most recent bill paid... that has lately been my biggest grievance with AT&T; used to pay it online via my PC, but now can't logon that way. Then with this bill, couldn't logon from the email from my phone either. I finally remembered that one of the many folks I'd talked to in the last week on this or that aspect of my service suggested that app, and it worked -- and even offers fingerprint login for those who have a fingerprint reader on their phone. :)

Andria

I had direcTV for over a decade. Only time I lost signal was when a real bad storm was moving thru the area but it has to have cloud tops over 40K ft for me to lose signal with DirecTV

VU Sponsors