Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol!
I'm barbecuing this weekend. I'll have my boys home! My nephew and son.
Have fun!! If you ever come to NC don't say you're barbecuing unless it involves pork and its pulled or chopped and has a sauce. If you're cooking steak or chicken you're grilling not barbecuing. Folks here take that shit seriously and will be very quick to correct you. :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Church? OMG. Church of what! That's horrible. You know years ago, some churches thought the left hand was the hand of the devil. My grandmother told me she got her left hand slapped with a ruler every time she used it. So, she had to learn to write with her right hand. Unbelievable.
Ohh the denomination of Jim And Tammy, Falwell (edit: not Falwell but Swaggert.) and Palin.
Foulwells bunch is a whole nuther issue...

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's.

A lot of these religions piss me off. Religions that hide their abuse of children, religions that actually think they have the right to name mere mortals as Saints. Religions that bilk the weak minded out of millions so the preacher and his family can live lavishly rich. This last week with the Graham funeral was a fine example. Man was worth 25 million when he died from bilking the weak minded into sending him money and he gets a national funeral for this, WTF! Thats one of the reasons I avoid organized religions. I am a believer, but in my own way and dont feel I need anyone telling me what the right thing to do when I see them doing the wrong thing all the time.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sorry but I heard how good the barbecue was in NC when I moved down there.
Was sadly disappointed.
Vinegar!!!!!

I am vinegar phobic due to a childhood trauma in Church camp....
Bastard councilors....

I totally agree; neither mustard nor vinegar has ANY place in BBQ sauce; it's supposed to be SWEET, not sour! And mustard is sour BECAUSE it's made with vinegar... which is why the only mustard I can tolerate at all is either Dijon mustard (the white wine gives it a much softer bite than vinegar!), or chinese hot mustard (that much hot horseradish and you really don't taste the mustard anyway!).

Anyone who puts mustard or vinegar in BBQ sauce needs his chef's hat set on fire.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry Andria but I respectfully disagree. I'm a NC girl and I happen to like vinegar based BBQ sauce. If it's done right you only get a hint of vinegar. Me...I despise the taste of vinegar and if told I had to drink ACV every day or die then they may as well dig my grave. I despise the taste of vinegar. Mustard..if they never produced another bottle of mustard it would be perfectly alright with me. Doesn't matter if it's yellow, Dijon, brown or whole grain. I abhor even the smell of mustard.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Andria but I respectfully disagree. I'm a NC girl and I happen to like vinegar based BBQ sauce. If it's done right you only get a hint of vinegar. Me...I despise the taste of vinegar and if told I had to drink ACV every day or die then they may as well dig my grave. I despise the taste of vinegar. Mustard..if they never produced another bottle of mustard it would be perfectly alright with me. Doesn't matter if it's yellow, Dijon, brown or whole grain. I abhor even the smell of mustard.

My husband shares that aversion to mustard, so he's glad I'm not a big fan of it -- I only like mustard on ham & swiss sandwiches, and ONLY dijon mustard. I do enjoy the hot chinese mustard, but it's been years since we went out to an actual restaurant of any kind, and only the hot mustard in chinese restaurants is really worthy of the name -- the stuff in the grocery is lame, lame, lame.

I can understand using vinegar in a sauce because it tenderizes meat... but it would need to be such a small amount for me to be able to tolerate it, it really isn't worth the bother of putting it in. I like "Honey BBQ" sauce.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Honey and mustard is my absolute favorite way to glaze a ham

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love mustard. When I was a kid I used to eat mustard sandwiches. Nothing but mustard on it. I also love vinegar. I don't like apple cider vinegar but I love regular vinegar and I love drinking pickle juice. As for barbecue sauce I buy Sweet Baby Ray's and then pour meat drippings into it. I'm not really a picky eater. I like just about everything.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All this talk about mustard makes me want some shish kabobs. When I lived in Corpus Christi there was a really nice restaurant and a chef taught me how to make them. You take a little bit of mustard, some soy sauce and whip it up altogether. Then in a separate bowl you put all the seasonings you want on it. You make your shish kebab, drizzle the liquid over and then sprinkle with the seasonings. It makes the seasoning stick and oh my gosh is that ever so good.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mustard is good on hot dogs and burgers and that is it.
I absolutely truly abhor yellow mustard. It's so disgusting to me. Can't stand it. But I love nearly all other forms of mustard....Dijon, horseradish mustard, whole grain, count me in. But keep that yellow stuff away from me...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man I can't believe all the yellow mustard haters here. I eat mustard almost every day. Love love love it! All kinds. Dijon, homey mustard, hot mustard from McDonald's, all mustards. mmmmmmmmm

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I can't believe all the yellow mustard haters here. I eat mustard almost every day. Love love love it! All kinds. Dijon, homey mustard, hot mustard from McDonald's, all mustards. mmmmmmmmm
Hmm...I think that I am the only mustard hater here. Not just yellow but ALL kinds of mustard. If I'm told to bring mustard to say a cookout forget it...I ain't buying or bringing it. I won't eat ketchup or mayo either unless it's mixed in something else...chicken salad, macaroni salad etc and I can't taste it. Ketchup is only good in baked beans. Pickles? UGH!!! Wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole.

Yes. I'm weird!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like mustard. A hot dog isnt a hot dog without it! As for horseradish mustard, naaaa. I prefer my horseradish to be by itself. I will load a nice steak with it! Had a healthy spoonful on my hamburger last night :)

And pickles, good god. I usually buy the big gallon size containers and then clean out the glass jar after I eat them all and use those big glass jars to store stuff in them like flour, dry peas and red beans, rice. Stuff like that and keep them in the back on the kitchen counter.

And apple cider vinegar, oh yeah!.. I will peel and slice up a cucumber and some tomatoes, maybe celery and broccoli and put them in a plastic container with apple cider vinegar on them. Then when I want some dish it out in a bowl and some oil type of salad dressing.....damn thats good :D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I absolutely truly abhor yellow mustard. It's so disgusting to me. Can't stand it. But I love nearly all other forms of mustard....Dijon, horseradish mustard, whole grain, count me in. But keep that yellow stuff away from me...

10,000% agreement! That shit is just NASTY!

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning fugees. I guess thanks to the recent conversations here I had a nightmare last night that someone threw a mustard combo on my house and I had to scramble to find someone that would pressure wash the house to get it off. :giggle: It was sooo bad! Much to do today then work tonight. The grandson will be here to spend the night so I can take him to his first baseball practice in the morning. Then I have to come home and get ready for work. I have Sunday off! :confetti:

I hope everyone has a great day! Don't forget to GFY :bunny:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning fugees. I guess thanks to the recent conversations here I had a nightmare last night that someone threw a mustard combo on my house and I had to scramble to find someone that would pressure wash the house to get it off. :giggle: It was sooo bad! Much to do today then work tonight. The grandson will be here to spend the night so I can take him to his first baseball practice in the morning. Then I have to come home and get ready for work. I have Sunday off! :confetti:

OMG lol!!!! Sorry about that. Have fun with the grandson. :)

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

RUN!!!!!!!!!mustard-and-hot-dog_o_201369.jpg

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Well damn, some people have all the luck :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm a germophobe that thinks hand sanitizer makes us more susceptible to bad germs, lol

I';m not really a germophobe, except to those who have the damn flu and oughta keep their stupid ass at home... but I agree; when you're dealing with something that has a MUCH shorter life and reproductive cycle than humans, you have to understand that they're eventually going to get the upper hand -- you cannot kill ALL bacteria, and why would you even want to? Most of them are not only harmless, but ESSENTIAL for human digestion and immune health.

The only people with ANY real need for hand sanitizer are those in the health care industry, and those who handle foods, particularly meat -- and both oughta be wearing gloves anyway. Everyone else: JUST WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS USING SOAP AND VERY WARM WATER!!!!

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and GFY :)

Its Saturday and finally the weekend. Usually I could give a shit if its weekend or not but this weekend I get my puppy boy so its a good weekend. The other day was talking with the ex and she put me on speaker phone. The second Rascal heard my voice he started going crazy looking for his pappy and cutting up lol Thats my boy!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@The Cromwell , @Atchafalaya , @AndriaD

Though y'all might to like to look at this article. Now, that was back in 2017. Google has advanced beyond that with Automated Machine Learning. They can now code up an algorithm which will then create algorithms it needs to learn a task. Then, create a learning algorithmic neural net to go on and preform the task. Then, be freed up to be tasked out to something else.

In short they have created an AI that is now capable of spawning its own children. Children that learn no less and do the 'work' currently at least a hundred fold better than any human coder or worker, and a hundred fold more efficiently as well. The main AI algorithm which spawns the 'children' also automatically learned the algorithm to create neural networks and made at least a hundred fold more so improvement on it.

To me this merely says, "Hi, I am Hal. Humans are obsolete."

Think they're using a combination of COBOL, and R computer language coding. What I gather is R is an offset of Scheme, an offset of LISP. And yes that makes sense considering LISP is redundant, redundant erm, ah recursive, recursive I mean to avoid errors and bugs. "Yes Virginia, Inception is reality."

... "Go deeper."

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -- Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only people with ANY real need for hand sanitizer are those in the health care industry

Or those like me who during this flu epidemic does not want to catch the flu.
And guess who has been all over doctors offices lately? People with the flu.

I normally do not use hand sanitizer but have been for the past couple of months when I go out in public.

And so far no flu.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors