Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you!

Throwing change for good luck under the seat~!

handful-of-change-picture-id90845337

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The car came with change in the ashtray! Lol

My last vehicle a buddy went to toss in change and missed so it went everywhere~! I found so many things stashed in the rear compartments like a new belt and emergency road side stuff in case of a flat~!. Dealers don't always check compartments for goodies.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL
This is the only place I let this hang out in the air.

I do not trouble those around me with it.
I have no desire to add to others burdens or their guilt load.

Ditto. I dont tell anyone around here jack shit about whats going on with me. I know my mom will over worry and I know the ex really dont give much of a shit so I just keep it to myself. Every once in a while I will ask the ex if she can check with some of her friends and get me a few Xanax or Valium but she thinks that just to keep me from becoming a real asshole, and she is right to an extent :giggle: When the walls start closing in on me and she tries to dump her shit on me too, I can and have snapped :gaah:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto. I dont tell anyone around here jack shit about whats going on with me. I know my mom will over worry and I know the ex really dont give much of a shit so I just keep it to myself. Every once in a while I will ask the ex if she can check with some of her friends and get me a few Xanax or Valium but she thinks that just to keep me from becoming a real asshole, and she is right to an extent :giggle: When the walls start closing in on me and she tries to dump her shit on me too, I can and have snapped :gaah:

My wife has moderately serious mental issues, so I do not want to contribute to her problems so I just hold it in.
And because of the Wacko SIL next door most tend to stay away...

Pretty much on my own with not even my best friend kitty to confide in any more.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I searched google using "mid-century modern", and there were several possibilities that popped up, including homes, furniture, design, and even clothing. I selected "homes" and then "images", and just browsed thru the results.

You can also find some at https://insme.info/mid-century-mode...tury-ranch-home-striking-design-ideas-modern/

Here is the original image that I modified my own plan from; you can see it's from an old book or magazine; it's a Pinterest post, so I really have no clue where it came from originally: (right-click it to see a much bigger image)

tumblr_p53lxguVrC1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

A lot of these "mid-century modern" designs have flat roofs, and if you've ever read anything about Wright's "Falling Water" house, you'll know that flat roofs are ONLY suitable for a desert climate that gets very little precip, otherwise that "falling water" will be indoors. :D Here, we hardly ever get winter precip, so no need to worry about the weight of snow, so a gently-inclined roof is quite suitable; the worst thing we have to deal with is pine straw, and with a single level and gently-pitched roof, it's quite safe and easy to get up there to remove the pine straw.

Andria

I checked out a few of them. It seems my taste in houses runs in an mid century modern ranch style. Found a few cool ones but thinking on it I doubt if I will ever build one. Had plans to build a nice house when my lawsuit against the quack that fucked up my hernia surgery was won but as it turns out my lawyer is an ambulance chasing piece of shit. After telling me for two years that we had a great case and that we knew the board of doctors would turn down our case and we will win in court, it turns out the ass hat quit on me as soon as the board of doctors turned the case down. Fucktard........

But thanks anyways Andria for the link. Its still cool to dream :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My wife has moderately serious mental issues, so I do not want to contribute to her problems so I just hold it in.

Pretty much on my own with not even my best friend kitty to confide in any more.

Cant like that Bob, not with your kitty gone.

Condolences on the loss of your pal.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Can you get another kitty? I'm so sorry for your loss

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked out a few of them. It seems my taste in houses runs in an mid century modern ranch style. Found a few cool ones but thinking on it I doubt if I will ever build one. Had plans to build a nice house when my lawsuit against the quack that fucked up my hernia surgery was won but as it turns out my lawyer is an ambulance chasing piece of shit. After telling me for two years that we had a great case and that we knew the board of doctors would turn down our case and we will win in court, it turns out the ass hat quit on me as soon as the board of doctors turned the case down. Fucktard........

That's all I can do but dream . I'll be in this mobile home for the rest of my life but it's okay. I have a place a roof over my head and a drone hehehe

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Very cool! We dreamed for a couple decades of a home of our own -- the one we ended up with is a lot more modest than our dreams were, but still.. it's OURS, and it gives us something for our future -- even if we stay here till we're in need of an old folks' home, at least we'll have an asset to sell to fund that. ;) It also removed us from the clutches of a fucking insane landlady who thought she should make up for not having escrow to pay the taxes and insurance by taking it out of US -- uh, NO, homey ain't playing dat.

And what I learned in high school economics turned out to be quite fortunately true -- no matter how hard times are, someone can profit from it -- so thank you, evil bankers with your insane sub-prime lending that killed the entire housing market -- you drove home prices down enough that even WE could afford one. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

<<<<-------- Pats Cromwell on the back

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:hug: :hug: @The Cromwell

Might want to pay a visit to a local pound. They often have loads of kittens toward Spring setting in. You could raise one up to be an inside cat. My mom has one she fears letting out due to the road being near her trailer home. He's done real good being inside, sets and looks out the glass of the door at one of our cats that got left behind. He watches RoRo but doesn't want to go outside.

Of course, RoRo could come in but she just as soon stay outside, go up in the chicken house in the back. Mom's neighbor's called Cat's Cradle who come picked up a bunch, had them all fixed and brought RoRo back for them, a few other come back too, a few got adopted out or left at the 'Cradle' a no kill facility.

Mom's cat's name is rightly Dusty but he won't answer to that. He answers to Little Shit real well though. :) Mom started calling him that when he started his morning runs to the rocker, rocking recliner. He 'bounces' off them one to another and rocks, waits and ambushes her.

It's worth whatever it needs to have a good buddy like that. Sounds like you need that too.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:hug: :hug: @The Cromwell

Might want to pay a visit to a local pound. They often have loads of kittens toward Spring setting in. You could raise one up to be an inside cat. My mom has one she fears letting out due to the road being near her trailer home. He's done real good being inside, sets and looks out the glass of the door at one of our cats that got left behind. He watches RoRo but doesn't want to go outside.

Of course, RoRo could come in but she just as soon stay outside, go up in the chicken house in the back. Mom's neighbor's called Cat's Cradle who come picked up a bunch, had them all fixed and brought RoRo back for them, a few other come back too, a few got adopted out or left at the 'Cradle' a no kill facility.

Mom's cat's name is rightly Dusty but he won't answer to that. He answers to Little Shit real well though. :) Mom started calling him that when he started his morning runs to the rocker, rocking recliner. He 'bounces' off them one to another and rocks, waits and ambushes her.

It's worth whatever it needs to have a good buddy like that. Sounds like you need that too.

I agree with you Morley - I think it's high time @The Cromwell got his own house kitty - it could help train the Weiner dog

And frankly, there is no comfort in the world like a little kitten curled up in your lap

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think we'll be adding a new kitten in May, because our son insists that he wants another cat -- the one we have is firmly attached to my husband... which is only natural, since he's the one who feeds her, 99% of the time... I bet it won't take long for a new kitty to figure out who's in charge of feeding. :D

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my cats with all of their very distinct personalities. The Siamese is the diva. The female tuxedo is not cuddly at all. She's very quiet and goes her own way. You only know she's there if the food or water bowl is empty, then she'll sit there patiently and wait for you to fill them. The male tuxedo lives up to his name, Shadow. Every where I go, there he is like a shadow. The solid black one, Onyx, I believe had been abused at some point and will cry for attention. The ginger tabbies, one short hair, one long haired, live up to their breed as they are the most laid back, non confrontational cats I've ever seen.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love my cats with all of their very distinct personalities. The Siamese is the diva. The female tuxedo is not cuddly at all. She's very quiet and goes her own way. You only know she's there if the food or water bowl is empty, then she'll sit there patiently and wait for you to fill them. The male tuxedo lives up to his name, Shadow. Every where I go, there he is like a shadow. The solid black one, Onyx, I believe had been abused at some point and will cry for attention. The ginger tabbies, one short hair, one long haired, live up to their breed as they are the most laid back, non confrontational cats I've ever seen.

We're pretty sure that Tuxie was horribly abused when just a tiny kitten; she showed up on our carport, starved to skin and bones and fur and fleas... and now she's almost 7 and STILL terrified of everyone who's not us. When our son moved back in last summer, we had to get some tranquilizing spray (pheromones, not drugs!) to get her to calm down and accept the new family member in the house. I'm not racist at all... but our cat seems more terrified of those with dark skin, despite the fact that my husband's best friend, who's black, stayed with us for 9 months in 2013-2014 -- but she wasn't an indoor kitty then, but an outdoor/garage kitty, so she didn't actually share space with James. Even so, when he comes over, or another friend of my husband's who's black, she vamooses PDQ and won't come out for some time after they leave. When our son first got here, at first she just watched him, very carefully, then apparently decided it was better to be safe than sorry, and kinda sidled into my husband's room, hiding under the bed... not the outright RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! she demonstrates when our black friends come over. Which does tend to make me suspect that whoever frightened her so badly as a baby was either black or dark hispanic. Or who knows, maybe it's just that their appearance is so different from ours, underlining to her that they're strangers.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning fugees. :) Meditation is done so now I need more coffee. After the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks, today will be a day of calm. I must clean my kitchen as I have no more spoons or forks to eat with. :giggle: Laundry is also on tap today because if I don't I'll have to go to work tonight naked and THAT ain't a pretty sight. :blech: Have a great day all! I'll be back later.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugees. :) Meditation is done so now I need more coffee. After the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks, today will be a day of calm. I must clean my kitchen as I have no more spoons or forks to eat with. :giggle: Laundry is also on tap today because if I don't I'll have to go to work tonight naked and THAT ain't a pretty sight. :blech: Have a great day all! I'll be back later.
Thanks for the giggle Lynn. Hope your day is super fantabulouso!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to take the wife unit to a Dermatologist appt today in the big city today. About 1 hours drive each way.
They do have a Harbor Freight over there though :)
Wife will likely want to eat at Red Lobster... yech...

There was a Red Lobster coupon by the printer when I went to get my Harbor Freight coupons from the printer :)

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have to take the wife unit to a Dermatologist appt today in the big city today. About 1 hours drive each way.
They do have a Harbor Freight over there though :)
Wife will likely want to eat at Red Lobster... yech...

There was a Red Lobster coupon by the printer when I went to get my Harbor Freight coupons from the printer :)

When I go to Harbor Freight I am like a kid in a candy shop :giggle:

A cold front moved thru last night and its wet and chilly outside. Think I am gonna just sit at home today and be a total useless plug :teehee: Too bad Rascal is still at his momma's house. He loves it when we just hang out, munch a lot and scratch & fart when we feel like it :stars2:

@The Cromwell if there is a Joes Crab Shack in your area, take the missus there. They have lobster and a lot more. Way better than Red Lobster (which I also like)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a bit more money in my checking account so today I'm going to splurge and take my happy little ass for lunch out on my way to work. Y'all know...live a little. I haven't been able to do that in the last couple of weeks. Now I just need to choose between Subway and Jersey Mike's because I want a sub. It's the little things like this and my friends here that keep me going. :)

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were talking about that on our local news yesterday. Around here BBQ is a big deal...mainly what type of BBQ sauce, mustard based(yuck) or vinegar based(yum). And whether it's pork or beef, pulled or chopped.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They were talking about that on our local news yesterday. Around here BBQ is a big deal...mainly what type of BBQ sauce, mustard based(yuck) or vinegar based(yum). And whether it's pork or beef, pulled or chopped.

sorry but I heard how good the barbecue was in NC when I moved down there.
Was sadly disappointed.
Vinegar!!!!!

I am vinegar phobic due to a childhood trauma in Church camp....
Bastard councilors....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me explain that a bit.

When I was 10 I was sent to 2 weeks of church summer camp.
I was a shy quiet boy with social Anxiety disorder then too.

Towards the last day of camp someone in the ruling class thought they needed a kangaroo court for entertainment.
I was jumping rope on the dirt playground.
A Councillor ran up and asked me my name, so like a good boy I told him.
That evening all gathered and I among some others was called up front to be judged. My crime was making dust...

on a picnic table in front of me they took a bowl and broke light bulbs into it and poured battery acid from a battery in the bowl.
Then blind folded me and force fed me corn flakes with vinegar on them.

Never forgot nor forgave those men and hope they are in hell now.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually like the vinegar based sauce as long as it's mixed with brown sugar to offset the tartness. A local guy here makes a vinegar based sauce that I honestly think I would drink.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me explain that a bit.

When I was 10 I was sent to 2 weeks of church summer camp.
I was a shy quiet boy with social Anxiety disorder then too.

Towards the last day of camp someone in the ruling class thought they needed a kangaroo court for entertainment.
I was jumping rope on the dirt playground.
A Councillor ran up and asked me my name, so like a good boy I told him.
That evening all gathered and I among some others was called up front to be judged. My crime was making dust...

on a picnic table in front of me they took a bowl and broke light bulbs into it and poured battery acid from a battery in the bowl.
Then blind folded me and force fed me corn flakes with vinegar on them.

Never forgot nor forgave those men and hope they are in hell now.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't eat cornflakes or vinegar. And had you been my child and told me what happened all of those involved would have been pushing up daisies very quickly and/or would never work in that line of work again. :mad:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't blame you. I wouldn't eat cornflakes or vinegar. And had you been my child and told me what happened all of those involved would have been pushing up daisies very quickly and/or would never work in that line of work again. :mad:
Ahh but it was fine because it was the church was all just dismissed as good fun.
the perps were all pastors, and such....

child abuse plain and simple.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh but it was fine because it was the church was all just dismissed as good fun.
the perps were all pastors, and such....

child abuse plain and simple.
Church? OMG. Church of what! That's horrible. You know years ago, some churches thought the left hand was the hand of the devil. My grandmother told me she got her left hand slapped with a ruler every time she used it. So, she had to learn to write with her right hand. Unbelievable.

VU Sponsors