Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah he's had a crazy life. He used to film skydiving competitions (as in, He was the dude that jumped out with a camera to film the formations or whatever) and now he does live sporting events with a drone. His newest one was a dji spark. Pretty affordable for how awesome it is..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I like the spark too. The air is another new cool one from DJI

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got some new Ego 2 Mega tanks. I love those things! And some cheap Desert Ship. lol

I had to take drafting in college and OMG was I LOUSY! Either you have or you don't when it comes to that stuff. And..........well..........I don't. I'm actually worse at it than drone flying. :xD:

I'm actually pretty good at that part. But math... UGH. Arithmetic is fine, I'm a whiz at that shit, and even basic algebra like solving for X, as long as there is ONE X and not a whole fucking string of letters, I can handle that too, and I learned all that algebra goodness about knowing how to set up an equation. But when you get into that shit where a goddamned fraction has an X on top on a Y on the bottom, c'mon gimme a fucking break; you don't need math for that, you need a fucking crystal ball! Because aliens don't wear hats!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's the new design I made yesterday and last night and a little bit today -- it's based on a plan I found online, searching "mid-century modern", but with a LOT!!! of modifications:

homeplan1.jpg

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This was what I found when I searched; it shows the exterior, which I just farking LOVE, and also the original design, so you can see the mods I made -- mainly to make the kitchen/dining/living an open plan rather than all walled off as separate rooms -- which was a thing to do, in mid-20th century, but now is very old-fashioned, as people don't live like that anymore.

homeplan1-original.jpg

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This was what I found when I searched; it shows the exterior, which I just farking LOVE, and also the original design, so you can see the mods I made -- mainly to make the kitchen/dining/living an open plan rather than all walled off as separate rooms -- which was a thing to do, in mid-20th century, but now is very old-fashioned, as people don't live like that anymore.

View attachment 105688

Andria

Looks like the Brady Bunch house outside

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the Brady Bunch house outside

Yeah, a little... I always admired that style a LOT, and apparently it's enjoying a resurgence of nostalgic popularity, though it always was a big deal due to the California influence of TV shows. And having now lived in a single-level house for the last 6 yrs, I'll never go back to having to climb fucking stairs! Our son has a bum hip anyway, so he really needs the single-level living arrangement.

Back then, energy use was a non-issue, but now with the modern upgrades of "E" window glass, using a lot of glass in a bldg is no longer cost-prohibitive nor wasteful. :) :) :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That particular house also shows a bit of Craftsman/Arts and Crafts influence, with the woodwork, natural stone, and deep overhangs -- it's another style I greatly admire, but it doesn't quite capture the same sprawling expansiveness as the Mid-Century Modern; a lot of Craftsman homes are 2-story bungalow styles.

Now I just need a winning lottery ticket, so we can build one of these beauties. :D

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin' all :wave: I've been here reading along. I don't know, I think a bit of depression has kept me from commenting. Hopefully, things will be better from now on. I found a car, it's a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo. It's got 144,000 miles and I got it for $4500. Since the bank won't release my check until tomorrow, I won't get it until then. I'll post a picture when I get it. I'm still having some pain but it is getting better day by day. Work tonight. Other than that, I'm just trying to deal. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin' all :wave: I've been here reading along. I don't know, I think a bit of depression has kept me from commenting. Hopefully, things will be better from now on. I found a car, it's a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo. It's got 144,000 miles and I got it for $4500. Since the bank won't release my check until tomorrow, I won't get it until then. I'll post a picture when I get it. I'm still having some pain but it is getting better day by day. Work tonight. Other than that, I'm just trying to deal. :)
Hang in there friend.
I too have been fighting a bout of depression and not commenting much either.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hang in there friend.
<3
It has been really difficult...I had my life planned and in one instant, it all changed. I've forgiven the woman that made the bad decision to pull out in front of me so hopefully I can continue on that climb to get back to the top of the hill.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yeah it really sucks when shit like that smacks you around

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's the new design I made yesterday and last night and a little bit today -- it's based on a plan I found online, searching "mid-century modern", but with a LOT!!! of modifications:

View attachment 105687

Andria
Wow that's nice!
The Phantom.
I thought about that one, but the mavic pro is gray and folds up and isn't as noticeable. People hate drones and I get dirty looks a lot.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hang in there sweetie. :hug:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hugs to all y'all... Comwell for his furry friend, Atcha for her drone, Lynn for her car and the general nonsense associated with someone else's bad choice. And to the rest of y'all too, just cuz. :D :hug:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I'm waiting till I get better before I get one of the nice ones. I really like the mavic pro. I also have more great news. My drone that was tree-d is working now. I guess it just needed to dry out. I just have the bugs 2 regular and the force1 Wifi which is the same as the bugs but it's put out by Force 1 which came with an extra battery and propeller kit.

You know, you are a bad influence!!!

https://force1rc.com/collections/dr...i-fpv-drone-with-camera-live-video-capability

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 105688

Andria

I would live like that. Where ya find the plans at, I like that style house!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Hang in there friend.

Guess its going around. I been in a real funk for a couple months now. It will get better, it always does.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depression has been my lifelong companion.
Sometimes not so bad but always at least a shadow there.
:hug:

Same here. Was even on medication for it at one time but decided that I didn’t like the brain bubbles so I weaned myself off of it. Suicidal thoughts used to be the norm for me. Not now though. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same here. Was even on medication for it at one time but decided that I didn’t like the brain bubbles so I weaned myself off of it. Suicidal thoughts used to be the norm for me. Not now though. I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.
No suicidal thoughts but death is not so frightening.
Just no desire to rush into it's embrace.

70 years will wear a person down...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would live like that. Where ya find the plans at, I like that style house!

I searched google using "mid-century modern", and there were several possibilities that popped up, including homes, furniture, design, and even clothing. I selected "homes" and then "images", and just browsed thru the results.

You can also find some at https://insme.info/mid-century-mode...tury-ranch-home-striking-design-ideas-modern/

Here is the original image that I modified my own plan from; you can see it's from an old book or magazine; it's a Pinterest post, so I really have no clue where it came from originally: (right-click it to see a much bigger image)

tumblr_p53lxguVrC1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

A lot of these "mid-century modern" designs have flat roofs, and if you've ever read anything about Wright's "Falling Water" house, you'll know that flat roofs are ONLY suitable for a desert climate that gets very little precip, otherwise that "falling water" will be indoors. :D Here, we hardly ever get winter precip, so no need to worry about the weight of snow, so a gently-inclined roof is quite suitable; the worst thing we have to deal with is pine straw, and with a single level and gently-pitched roof, it's quite safe and easy to get up there to remove the pine straw.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depression has been my lifelong companion.
Sometimes not so bad but always at least a shadow there.

Same here entirely. I've finally figured out that depression isn't something I can be "cured" of -- it comes and it goes, and the best I can do is try to keep myself from falling too far down the hole, and when I feel myself slipping, to try and fix it with more sunlight, more activity, more WHATEVER, before it gets life-threatening. I refuse to ever take SSRIs again UNLESS I become as truly suicidal as I was the last time around; my brain is quite fucked-up enough, I don't need BP playing Mad Scientist in there.

I think I've finally arrived at a place where I'm not so much at risk; getting free of cigarettes has done my self-esteem WORLDS!!! of good, because I really didn't think I ever could. :) Given my beliefs about reincarnation, I'm content that perhaps I've finally dealt with my addiction issues successfully and have no further need to go round that mulberry bush again. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have some regrets about quitting smoking...
Now I may live longer...

Ditto that. But honestly, I have zero desire to ever smoke again, even if I got handed a terminal disease diagnosis. I might be inclined to live it up in my last days with some drinkie-winkies, but smoke? Nah.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have some regrets about quitting smoking...
Now I may live longer...

You're sounding like my Grandpa for crying out loud :wait:

Me at age 5: Yea for Grandpa - I love you!

Grandpa: Will you love me when I die?

Me at age 15: Hey Grandpa, how was your day?

Grandpa: I picked out my casket - here, look at the brochures!

Me at age 25: Hi Grandpa - brought your great grand kids to visit

Grandpa: Glad I got to see them before I die

Me at age 30: Hi Grandpa - sorry I didn't drop by last week, I got busy

Grandpa: You'r not going to be too busy to come to my funeral are you?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
LOL
This is the only place I let this hang out in the air.

I do not trouble those around me with it.
I have no desire to add to others burdens or their guilt load.

I hear you - and actually that was pretty funny - not Marlin Perkins and Jim castrating a rhino funny - but I did actually laugh out loud

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure I will be on antidepressants for the rest of my life. I just can't function without them. I'm okay with that though. I finally found something that works for me so I'm going to stick with it. Been on the same kind 20 years now.
Happy Monday all!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning! Today is the day..I get to pick up my new to me car. Today is also the day that I hope starts a new chapter in life. I've had some tarot readings done over the last few days and they have all said the same thing....to let go and just go with the flow so I'm going to. The cards just can't be wrong. I'll be back later to show my friends the car.

@Atchafalaya There's nothing wrong with taking antidepressants. They just weren't for me. I absolutely hated the way they made me feel. After 2 and a half years, they had to go. Sometimes in the last year I've felt like I've needed them but decided that I just couldn't deal with the side effects for me so I refrained from mentioning it to the doctor.
Laters!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I finally got my sister to take them and she is a different person. She's nice! We are getting along and it's great.
But not all meds work for all people. We are all different.
Hope you all have a great day and I can't wait to see your new car Lynn!!!!! LOVE YOU. :blowkiss:

VU Sponsors