Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I cannot even imagine using a scale for DIY -- I measure liquids using liquid measures, a/k/a syringes, and a graduated cylinder for mixing the PG/VG/nic. I also don't buy a gallon of bacon or 8 lbs of milk.

I considered the clothing angle, but the last time I weighed here (one day last week), I was fully dressed, other than shoes -- wearing slippers rather than outdoor shoes... but I doubt my shoes weigh 4 lbs. I'm certain the doc's scale is more accurate, it's one of those sliding-weight ones, whereas mine is digital-electronic -- and we know how reliable THOSE are. :facepalm: In a bit, after i eat, I'll put my regular shoes on, and go weigh myself on our home scale, and calibrate it so that I weigh the 143 I weighed yesterday around 3pm -- because weight does fluctuate a bit depending on time of day. Then I'll know the baseline it needs to be, to measure the same as the one at the doc's office.

Andria

I cant imagine not mixing by weight. Squinting real hard to see those graduated markings and syringe markings, no thanks. I did that a lot when I first started measuring and now use a scale and its sooooo much simpler. I can get my recipes a hell of a lot closer to what is needed by weight than I could ever get it by mixing it the way yall do.

Look at it like this, we are both mixing a 30 ml bottle of juice. The recipe calls for %3 of a flavor. You have to eye ball in a syringe or cylinder .95 of a ml. I weigh .93 gram. If I hit 1 gram on my weight or .85 gram I am still a lot closer to the mark than you are by eyeballing your graduates. And when I am done there is really nothing to clean up. No cylinders to rinse out and dry, no syringes to clean. Just put my stuff away and thats it.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I cant imagine not mixing by weight. Squinting real hard to see those graduated markings and syringe markings, no thanks. I did that a lot when I first started measuring and now use a scale and its sooooo much simpler. I can get my recipes a hell of a lot closer to what is needed by weight than I could ever get it by mixing it the way yall do.

Look at it like this, we are both mixing a 30 ml bottle of juice. The recipe calls for %3 of a flavor. You have to eye ball in a syringe or cylinder .95 of a ml. I weigh .93 gram. If I hit 1 gram on my weight or .85 gram I am still a lot closer to the mark than you are by eyeballing your graduates. And when I am done there is really nothing to clean up. No cylinders to rinse out and dry, no syringes to clean. Just put my stuff away and thats it.

Actually I always mix 56ml (so there's plenty of room in a 60ml bottle to shake it well), and at that quantity, I do a bit of rounding; I would use a 3ml syringe and just eyeball ".9 and a smidge." The recipe is still pretty highly flavored, at 24.8%, so it's very forgiving on those "smidges."

Frankly I have no earthly idea where I'd even put a scale if I had one; I have a hard enough time finding counterspace for my vise that I use when I mount coils. Syringes don't take up much space -- one of the slots in my organizer, and a ziplock bagful down in the cuipboard.

Also keep in mind that I mix the same thing, 99.99% of the time -- no need to worry with the uncertainties of this or that recipe when you always vape the same thing. And I STILL just cannot fathom measuring liquids by weight; it's like higher math "purple because aliens don't wear hats" -- it makes no sense to me at all.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No problem for me as I use 1 ml syringes for most of my flavor measuring.
I see your point though if using larger syringes.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My ADV juices get mixed anywhere from 300 ml to 600 ml. Yet I do like to experiment and those can be anywhere from a 10ml sample to a 30 ml sample.

The scale I use is the one most recommended for mixing. The American Weigh 501. It is slightly larger than my hand and will measure down to .00 increments. For the $35 I paid for it, it is worth every penny to me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mix 30 ml batches for testing and 120 ml batches for erified juice.

Actually I mix 15 ml in a 30 ml bottle for testing in case I need to add more of something to make it work for me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:gaah::cuss2::tantrum::kickbutt:

Firefox just updated and made all the bookmark stuff different!
Someone will have to die over this!

:gaah::cuss2::tantrum::cuss2::gaah:

It (Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar) cannot be updated any longer, Mozilla only allows for API interface installations, no more XUL. He cannot access the CSS of the user interface in Quantum via an API call either, I understand why, two different levels of coding language in use and it would foul everything up in a big nasty way. XUL is lower level akin to ASM whereas API would be kin to Java / high level language. They don't play well together handling buffers, memory pages. I used to drop buffers as a cheating way to do garbage collection, that can byte you in the butt if not careful. Grrrr, ... Guess I'll just use a Chromium/Chrome based browser herein. Fook me fer fiddlin' an a thinkin "aw, it be awight!"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning and GFY yall

"Oh yeah? You don't say, .... "

GFY TOO! :)

FlippingBird.jpg

Got all the paperwork at the apartment finished today, and she put in the deposit. I did get to look inside today. It is as she says, cozy and that's not exactly meant negatively. We actually like cozy. :)
Also got Shrek up to date on shots today. I may need to hang back a little to wait until the bigger dogs get *sigh* farmed out. Then, I'm supposed to take down their fence so the lady taking them for the rescue can get it.

Lady at apartment says next is doing the same paperwork with the HUD office, then they come inspect before we get in. We also need to get the lights assigned over to our 'account', a phone call at most. Office lady thinks we'll be in even before end of the month, maybe first week of December.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 96730

Got all the paperwork at the apartment finished today, and she put in the deposit. I did get to look inside today. It is as she says, cozy and that's not exactly meant negatively. We actually like cozy. :)
Also got Shrek up to date on shots today. I may need to hang back a little to wait until the bigger dogs get *sigh* farmed out. Then, I'm supposed to take down their fence so the lady taking them for the rescue can get it.

Lady at apartment says next is doing the same paperwork with the HUD office, then they come inspect before we get in. We also need to get the lights assigned over to our 'account', a phone call at most. Office lady thinks we'll be in even before end of the month, maybe first week of December.

Good to see you moving up Morley :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 96730

Kewl!
Enjoy the privacy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good to see you moving up Morley

Not so much moving up as moving into being able to relax, to be ourselves & not have to feel second class or auxiliary. This evening I mentioned to wife about her "needing" to be back to help her sister fixing mashed potatoes, "wonder what she'll do if you're not here to help fix mashed potatoes?"

My wife chuckled, "guess they need to start doing for themselves now, do their own 'adult-ing' instead of relying on us to do it for them."

I know at times it may seem I act a little silly, possibly child-like. Can admit that to a degree. Got valid rationale for it though. I grew up way too quick in one or two aspects of living. No, I'm not alone in doing that, not saying I am. Merely saying that I have fully grown up now, I can give myself a bit of lea way to act child-like a bit. That doesn't imply I shirk my responsibilities, or such. To me, that seems healthy, seems responsibly coping with living.

On the other hand, we got her sister and bro in law. Me & wife agree, they ought not even keep goldfish. Yet here they are w/ two teen boys which seem incapable of grasping life, they've had no guidance at it.

Kewl!
Enjoy the privacy.

Yep. Planning on it, possibly even relishing it. Me and wife both enjoy solitude & quiet. Sure, I might turn the music up to being nearly called loud at times but by in large we're quiet folk. We're both varieties of the INT/INJ /INP personality types, there's lots of ongoing wars, building civilizations, systems on systems in systems all going on in each of our minds. Been funny how over the last year or so me and her are realizing, "oh gee, I was on that same wave." :) Ah, and well I guess we might try that odd s...e...x stuff again. *gasp* Our bedroom has its own door.

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 96730

Awesome news on the new place Morely. Hope ya get visitation rights with the kids.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awesome news on the new place Morely. Hope ya get visitation rights with the kids.

Kind of doubting it. Would be nice though if such did happen. Luna, the mother of the three we had here, had ten in total. We farmed seven out. I know two went to a fellow in NC who does a fair bit of hunting, all kinds of hunting, think he even succeed making it a career. One of the others went to CT, another into the Mi-west IA,KS,NA. The rescue event saw them get scattered all over and for various purposes. All went where people will ensure they have loving happy lives. Glad of that as well. :) These three "stragglers" are four years old. Know that might take a little finagling but I think once someone catches on to their personalities, they'll find good homes.

Meanwhile, ... y'all stay away from our Power Ball & Mega Millions. *chuckles* We hit one or both of those, we darn sure are having Mike Holmes send one of his crew down to build us on off grid Hobbit warren that far surpasses any codes and will last nigh on ever, on about 200 acres. We could have one heck of a dog run then. :)

Lady at the complex asked wife if we had any property we had sold in the last year. My wife asked what counted as property. "Oh you know, tracts of land, yachts, fleets of cars, limos," the lady said.

I piped up, "half a dozen of each, sold them all free and clear through our butler." :D :p :) We all got a real good laugh out of that.

Sanchez: [Columbus stops Sanchez after he leaves an audience with the Queen. Sanchez looks at him, disgusted] You're a dreamer.

Columbus: [shooting a glance out of a window] Tell me, what do you see?

Sanchez: [pausing to look] I see rooftops, I see palaces, I see towers, I see spires that reach... to the sky! I see civilisation!

Columbus: All of them built by people like me.

[Sanchez doesn't respond - shocked]

Columbus: No matter how long you live, Sanchez, there is something that will never change between us. I did it. You didn't.

1492:Conquest of Paradise

If one dares dream, dream as big as one may. :)

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's. Think I over did it with the GFY part :( turning out to be a shitty day. Got the lawnmower stuck, then walked back to the house all winded and find Rascal has his cable all tangled. Advocacy group working on my disability screwed up the forms so had to redo them this morning. Then the ex call me and tells me she takes the truck in for its free oil change and tire rotation which was part of the package and they want to charge her for it so gotta deal with the dealership for her on that crap. And icing on the cake, ex tells me I had Rascal for a couple weeks and its her turn. Hate it when he goes home to his mommy's house for a week :(

Seriously thinking of going back to bed and doing a restart!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's. Think I over did it with the GFY part :( turning out to be a shitty day. Got the lawnmower stuck, then walked back to the house all winded and find Rascal has his cable all tangled. Advocacy group working on my disability screwed up the forms so had to redo them this morning. Then the ex call me and tells me she takes the truck in for its free oil change and tire rotation which was part of the package and they want to charge her for it so gotta deal with the dealership for her on that crap. And icing on the cake, ex tells me I had Rascal for a couple weeks and its her turn. Hate it when he goes home to his mommy's house for a week :(

Seriously thinking of going back to bed and doing a restart!

Sounds like not enough GFY

Hope the day turns itself around!

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just hope she did not get mad at me for something I posted.
I can be a bit crude and insensitive at times.
Or so I am told :)
That's funny you posted this...back in the old GS Air thread at ECF you posted something to me one time that I thought was rather crude and insensitive. But it didn't stop me from posting in that thread. Of course there were others that posted crude and insensitive things too. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not mad at anybody; I've been struggling horribly with insomnia all week -- like, every-other night, it's damned near impossible for me to go to sleep till maybe 6-7am... then the next night, I'll sleep 10 hrs or something. But it didn't work last night; I was dead dawg tired from insomnia the night before, so I thought I'd go right to sleep... but no. I think I might have started to doze about 4:30ish... then had a fucking leg cramp at 7:30 dragging me up out of the deepest darkest pit... took an hour to get back to sleep.... then had to get up about 10, supposed to go upand do the housekeeping for my stepfather today, but I told the mate and kid last night if I didn't get sleep last night I simply wasn't going; I just can't keep running on empty. So I got them fed, I'll go fix me a grilled cheese and bacon once they're gone.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But I do have to say... lately when I'm on the forum, I keep thinking "I sure wish there was some kind of forum for people who vape the way I do," because I just don't fit in here, anymore than I fit in anywhere in real life. Cloud chasers will say, "oh yeah, you can tighten it way down," not having one fucking clue what a tight draw really means; how could they possibly? Then they act like I'm totally stupid for needing the kind of vape that I do. It's really wearing on me. If I had any other www place to hang out, I'd probably go there... but I don't, so I guess I just have to read more books or something. There really isn't much for me here. About all I can contribute is supporting those trying to quit smoking... but some of them don't seem to really want to hear what others have to say about it, and that's really wearing, too.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I do have to say... lately when I'm on the forum, I keep thinking "I sure wish there was some kind of forum for people who vape the way I do," because I just don't fit in here, anymore than I fit in anywhere in real life. Cloud chasers will say, "oh yeah, you can tighten it way down," not having one fucking clue what a tight draw really means; how could they possibly? Then they act like I'm totally stupid for needing the kind of vape that I do. It's really wearing on me. If I had any other www place to hang out, I'd probably go there... but I don't, so I guess I just have to read more books or something. There really isn't much for me here. About all I can contribute is supporting those trying to quit smoking... but some of them don't seem to really want to hear what others have to say about it, and that's really wearing, too.

Andria
I can understand that. Most who do tight MTL vaping are not on boards I think.
MTL vapers far outnumber the big klowdz vapers.
Heck even I feel a bit like an outsider here from time to time as a small cloud round wire build vaper.
It all seems to be about stapled Minotaur hoof coils and 100+ watts sometimes.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I can understand that too. I'm not a cloud chaser by any means but I'm not a tootle puffer either. I think vaping styles are completely individual and totally up to the vaper herself/himself. I would never put down or ridicule anyone with the way they vape. I liked a tight draw, high Ohm's and low wattage myself until I tried the other way of doing it. I support all ways of vaping!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can understand that. Most who do tight MTL vaping are not on boards I think.
MTL vapers far outnumber the big klowdz vapers.
Heck even I feel a bit like an outsider here from time to time as a small cloud round wire build vaper.
It all seems to be about stapled Minotaur hoof coils and 100+ watts sometimes.

I have actually tried a) higher VG -- it gave me the MUTHA of asthma attacks; b) DtL instead of MtL -- it nearly put me on the floor, coughing; c) wider-bore driptips -- they just don't satisfy me; and d) commercial ejuices -- they don't have any flavor to me at all, unless it's one of the vendors that offers extra flavor-shots; and d) TC, and other forms of lower-resistance builds -- they just don't suit me at all. Squonking... that does show me some potential, but I'm still waiting for new, lower-cost options in a regulated squonk mod. And I'm eager to see what new options are coming out, for MtL vapers, who seem to be enjoying a bit of renaissance. Some new MtL RDAs would be VERY welcome.

I feel very fortunate that I'm ABLE to vape at all, given my physical limitations, but as I recently told one of those who don't seem interested in what I have to say about quitting smoking -- I was DETERMINED to make vaping work for me, because it's the very first thing that has EVER worked to separate me from coffin nails. Even with my continuing asthma problems, I know I'm one hell of a lot healthier than I was as a smoker... and it did my self-esteem WORLDS of good, to finally be able to put the damn nails down and leave them down.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have actually tried a) higher VG -- it gave me the MUTHA of asthma attacks; b) DtL instead of MtL -- it nearly put me on the floor, coughing; c) wider-bore driptips -- they just don't satisfy me; and d) commercial ejuices -- they don't have any flavor to me at all, unless it's one of the vendors that offers extra flavor-shots; and d) TC, and other forms of lower-resistance builds -- they just don't suit me at all. Squonking... that does show me some potential, but I'm still waiting for new, lower-cost options in a regulated squonk mod. And I'm eager to see what new options are coming out, for MtL vapers, who seem to be enjoying a bit of renaissance. Some new MtL RDAs would be VERY welcome.

I feel very fortunate that I'm ABLE to vape at all, given my physical limitations, but as I recently told one of those who don't seem interested in what I have to say about quitting smoking -- I was DETERMINED to make vaping work for me, because it's the very first thing that has EVER worked to separate me from coffin nails. Even with my continuing asthma problems, I know I'm one hell of a lot healthier than I was as a smoker... and it did my self-esteem WORLDS of good, to finally be able to put the damn nails down and leave them down.

Andria
I'm with you on the higher VG and asthma attacks. I vaped a liquid one night without looking at the PG/VG levels. My chest got tight and I felt like I couldn't move enough air in and out. After this continued for a few minutes, I headed to the ER. After 2 breathing treatments I could finally breathe right. I was sent home with an inhaler. I checked the bottle of eliquid when I got home to find it was 70% VG. Never again. I hadn't had an asthma attack in 30 years before that.
The most important thing is that you're not smoking!! And that we're not smoking regardless of HOW we vape!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm with you on the higher VG and asthma attacks. I vaped a liquid one night without looking at the PG/VG levels. My chest got tight and I felt like I couldn't move enough air in and out. After this continued for a few minutes, I headed to the ER. After 2 breathing treatments I could finally breathe right. I was sent home with an inhaler. I checked the bottle of eliquid when I got home to find it was 70% VG. Never again. I hadn't had an asthma attack in 30 years before that.
The most important thing is that you're not smoking!! And that we're not smoking regardless of HOW we vape!

Very true! And it's actually still a huge surprise to me; I really was determined that I would never be able to quit smoking -- I'd tried 4 times previously, once when I had the excellent motivation of a very precious bun in my oven. :D Even then, the best I could do was to cut down from 2 pks a day to 3 or 4 cigs a day. I think I had finally reached a point where I really wanted to be a non-smoker, I just couldn't find any way of getting over the bridge of reaching that state -- which is what vaping gave me -- a way to cross a bridge, rather than walk over hot coals, to reach the place I wanted to be. All the difficulties I've faced with vaping have been much easier to deal with, than the agony of any other method of quitting I ever tried.

Last night, when the insomnia was plaguing me yet again, I decided to add some WTA to my Achilles, to see if that might possibly help. Not sure if it did or not, but I'm still working on what I put in last night; this morning, rather than dumping the contents before adding new, I just added the additional juice on top of what was there already, so there's still a bit of WTA in it. All I could think of was that sleeping/waking is just one more thing that the brain controls via neurotransmitters, so maybe some WTA would help those damned things do what they're supposed to do. And I'm working very hard on not taking a nap today, so that maybe tonight I can sleep. *crossing fingers*

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can understand that too. I'm not a cloud chaser by any means but I'm not a tootle puffer either. I think vaping styles are completely individual and totally up to the vaper herself/himself. I would never put down or ridicule anyone with the way they vape. I liked a tight draw, high Ohm's and low wattage myself until I tried the other way of doing it. I support all ways of vaping!
I will poke some fun at those who build at below .1 and just want to blow clouds.
Just can't resist that bit of asshole in me :rolleyes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very true! And it's actually still a huge surprise to me; I really was determined that I would never be able to quit smoking -- I'd tried 4 times previously, once when I had the excellent motivation of a very precious bun in my oven. :D Even then, the best I could do was to cut down from 2 pks a day to 3 or 4 cigs a day. I think I had finally reached a point where I really wanted to be a non-smoker, I just couldn't find any way of getting over the bridge of reaching that state -- which is what vaping gave me -- a way to cross a bridge, rather than walk over hot coals, to reach the place I wanted to be. All the difficulties I've faced with vaping have been much easier to deal with, than the agony of any other method of quitting I ever tried.

Last night, when the insomnia was plaguing me yet again, I decided to add some WTA to my Achilles, to see if that might possibly help. Not sure if it did or not, but I'm still working on what I put in last night; this morning, rather than dumping the contents before adding new, I just added the additional juice on top of what was there already, so there's still a bit of WTA in it. All I could think of was that sleeping/waking is just one more thing that the brain controls via neurotransmitters, so maybe some WTA would help those damned things do what they're supposed to do. And I'm working very hard on not taking a nap today, so that maybe tonight I can sleep. *crossing fingers*

Andria
Quitting smoking was never a problem did it several times. However staying quit was a big problem.
quit for 6 months one time....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quitting smoking was never a problem did it several times. However staying quit was a big problem.
quit for 6 months one time....

I managed 3 months, back in 1984, when I first started seeing the guy who is now my ex; I happened to contract a really nasty case of strep throat around the same time, smoking felt like inhaling boiling-hot gravel, so I said hell why not just quit, since he hated smoking so much and it literally seemed like it was killing me, it hurt my throat so bad... It was 3 months of pure, unrelenting hell, and I finally just couldn't stand it another instant. *sigh* I'd been a smoker for only 9 yrs, at that time... had to suffer 30 more yrs before I found vaping.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I managed 3 months, back in 1984, when I first started seeing the guy who is now my ex; I happened to contract a really nasty case of strep throat around the same time, smoking felt like inhaling boiling-hot gravel, so I said hell why not just quit, since he hated smoking so much and it literally seemed like it was killing me, it hurt my throat so bad... It was 3 months of pure, unrelenting hell, and I finally just couldn't stand it another instant. *sigh* I'd been a smoker for only 9 yrs, at that time... had to suffer 30 more yrs before I found vaping.

Andria
I still occasionally have a craving for a cigarette.
but I persevere and chain vape for a bit.
Almost off of nic. Down to 1.5 mg, been there from 2.5 for a couple of weeks.

VU Sponsors