Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I got completely worn out yesterday; who knew spending money was such hard work? :giggle:

Since we identified the loveseat we wanted, from the store with the best price, we went there and ordered that yesterday -- and even with sales tax, the price was still under the next-lowest price we could find. :) We should have that on the 5th, which gives us plenty of time to get the living room cleaned and the rug turned 90 degrees; we won't move the couch, which is currently in the position where we'll be placing the loveseat, until the night before, so we still have a straight view to the TV.

But before that, we visited a couple places, looking for a small desk for our son: the ReStore, which has used furniture and other home furnishings, and of course GoodWill; we found the niftiest little rolltop desk at GoodWill for $35! it needed a few minor repairs, the slats that support the drawers, and I'll need to work on the surface with some Murphy's Oil Soap and some of that colorant for a few scratches, but otherwise, it was a GREAT find! Then we went to BigLots and got the 4 pillows for our son's bed which still needed to be purchased to finish up that job; I'd planned on ordering them from Amazon, but they went off-sale, so BigLots had a better price. Also replaced that measuring cup I broke into smithereens a couple weeks ago.

After that, we came home so I could search up the best possible price on a 60" Samsung Smart TV. BrandSmart had one, ONE, for $597, though the only store that had it was about 40 miles away, but we figured, not a huge deal. So I purchased it online, and waited to get the email telling us it was ready to pick up. Instead, I got a phone call, telling me that this TV I had already purchased and PAID FOR, they didn't actually have in stock -- cue my screaming outrage and being shuffled from one CustSvc flunkie to another till I got to the TV's mgr, another hour of screaming outrage from both me and my husband -- they offered to cancel the purchase, but we wouldn't get our money back for 2 days AT A MINIMUM -- and when we finally said just to cancel the sale, and oh BTW, I plan to make a F bad report to the Better Business Bureau.... suddenly, they found a TV we could come and pick up. Something about threatening businesses with the BBB makes them so compliant. :)

So we finally got home from our 12 day journey by camel to pick the thing up about 9:30, and had Taco Bell for dinner at 10pm... and I was slap worn to a frazzle. But we have a 60" TV that my husband went this morning to buy the wall bracket for, so he'll have a project this week. :) And today is housecleaning day at my stepdad's.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the first time in forever<insert the song from Frozen here> I had the most awesome day yesterday. I was given the day off from work so it started very early for this 2nd shift worker with a trip to my daughter's house. She had a CT scan at Duke scheduled for first thing. Breakfast with my grandson then by the time we finished, the CT scan was done. First stop, breakfast for my daughter then the 3 of us headed to the fairgrounds for a dog show and for me to meet a fellow ECFer whose birthday is the day before mine. Afterwards, we walked around the huge flea market that's held at the fairgrounds every weekend. We left there and rode 35 miles to an outlet mall so my daughter could shop some sales for summer clothes for my grandson and scrub pants for herself. Left the mall and headed for Zaxby's for an afternoon meal. The 3 of us came home and separated to go and do our own things. I headed to my adopted sister's house and spent a delightful evening with her and her family. Her son is a sous chef at a local restaurant so he came home with treats...chorizo egg rolls with a molé dipping sauce. OMG were they good!! Got home around 1 and went to bed. Today is off to work again.
I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday! GFY all!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For the first time in forever<insert the song from Frozen here> I had the most awesome day yesterday. I was given the day off from work so it started very early for this 2nd shift worker with a trip to my daughter's house. She had a CT scan at Duke scheduled for first thing. Breakfast with my grandson then by the time we finished, the CT scan was done. First stop, breakfast for my daughter then the 3 of us headed to the fairgrounds for a dog show and for me to meet a fellow ECFer whose birthday is the day before mine. Afterwards, we walked around the huge flea market that's held at the fairgrounds every weekend. We left there and rode 35 miles to an outlet mall so my daughter could shop some sales for summer clothes for my grandson and scrub pants for herself. Left the mall and headed for Zaxby's for an afternoon meal. The 3 of us came home and separated to go and do our own things. I headed to my adopted sister's house and spent a delightful evening with her and her family. Her son is a sous chef at a local restaurant so he came home with treats...chorizo egg rolls with a molé dipping sauce. OMG were they good!! Got home around 1 and went to bed. Today is off to work again.
I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday! GFY all!
I'm glad you had such a good day Lynn. It's about time.you deserved it

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dear Cosmos & Providence,

Fine salutations & merry met with brightest blessings. Formal pleasantries aside now, go unfuck yourself!
Thank you indeed for yesterday's kick in the testicles, it quite loosened up a bad case of blueness. I would wager you probably think I shall ring the fucking bell. You are so fucking wrrrrrroooong! I shall instead be giving you unholy & holiest Hell in kind. Prepare to face inbound fire and flack. You want this dog to stop, better tend to seeing Cap'n Jack. I have a brother who set me back right, no matter what you throw down still tight and in the fight.

Can I get a Hoo Yah? "Just another runnin' day!"

--- Morning everyone. :) :hug: :wave: I'll take the java juice what has the dissolving spoon standing straight up in its center this morning, or a good tin of boatswain's coffee. :coffee: Went to rack a good bit after having gotten mildly drenched from the lovely rain around 17:00 - 17:30. Had to be out in order to feed the hellions. Shylock was startled yesterday by some stupid fuck deciding to volley with a wee .22 "cat" gun. Don't even think they were using rounds but blanks. pissed me off because once he got startled he attacked Grouchy. "Quit farting you dumb ass!" Of course Grouchy is my big baby, but get him started and he's a damn brute. You don't piss in his Cheerios none too easy.

Also needed to walk to mom in law's for supper. More drenching. Wife had phoned. "Come down while it's not raining." I got down there and wrung myself like a big old Woooly Bully dog, water flew and splattered the kitchen. "Come down while it's not raining, she says," I said. She just laughed but then looked out the window. "Damn, I didn't hear it or see it." Riiiiight. She's always too preoccupied to manage sympathy. Damn sadistic bitch. Of course her masochistic husband wouldn't trade her for you showing him how to make pennies walk like Ben Franklin C notes. :)

As a result of the lolly weather, "quack, quack, waddle waddle", my left hip and lower posterior decided upon the totally sane option of drawing inward upon itself, muscularly & in arthritic fashion. Oh and too boot the whole sciatic nerve cluster still hasn't "let go". Nah, it's going to "rock my world" for a bit longer, it says. I'll pop my one daily allotted Tramadol here in a bit. Did last evening around 18:00 - 19:00 so as to rack, veg in front of Forged in Fire. Some of it was watched in "wavy" vision mode. The xxium derived drug did not quite dull all the pain, it still hurt to move and the sadist kept me having to move. *chuckles* It did dull the pain enough though to "knock off the edge".

Today I hope moving a bit more, possibly stretching out the muscles, will help ease the pain further. Need to draw out the dampness what crept into me. Ha! Might take a few nips of the apple pie 'shine. Good old 'tonic' fix me up. That might be morning medication on it's own for pain therapy, wait on the xxium based crap until racking tonight. Think I may eventually purchase myself a bit of a small juice DIY set up, buy no gear, save my pennies and fetch an inversion table. Seems an awful lot of folks give them all kind o' praise.

Well y'all run 'er slow. I be bicycle for a spell or so, need to get to living. :) :hug: :wave: :cloud:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning fugee's and GFY

Glad to see things are a lot calmer here in fugee world :)

Been pretty sad ever since I heard about Hank. Cant tell yall how many PM's Spanky sent me giving me vaping advice, gear recommendations and encouragement & well wishes when life was beating me down so hard. The world is a lesser place without him :(

Hope you feel better soon Morely. Being in constant pain suxs.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fine salutations & merry met with brightest blessings. Formal pleasantries aside now, go unfuck yourself!
Thank you indeed for yesterday's kick in the testicles, it quite loosened up a bad case of blueness. I would wager you probably think I shall ring the fucking bell. You are so fucking wrrrrrroooong! I shall instead be giving you unholy & holiest Hell in kind. Prepare to face inbound fire and flack. You want this dog to stop, better tend to seeing Cap'n Jack. I have a brother who set me back right, no matter what you throw down still tight and in the fight.

--- Morning everyone. :) :hug: :wave: I'll take the java juice what has the dissolving spoon standing straight up in its center this morning, or a good tin of boatswain's coffee. :coffee: Went to rack a good bit after having gotten mildly drenched from the lovely rain around 17:00 - 17:30. Had to be out in order to feed the hellions. Shylock was startled yesterday by some stupid fuck deciding to volley with a wee .22 "cat" gun. Don't even think they were using rounds but blanks. pissed me off because once he got startled he attacked Grouchy. "Quit farting you dumb ass!" Of course Grouchy is my big baby, but get him started and he's a damn brute. You don't piss in his Cheerios none too easy.

Also needed to walk to mom in law's for supper. More drenching. Wife had phoned. "Come down while it's not raining." I got down there and wrung myself like a big old Woooly Bully dog, water flew and splattered the kitchen. "Come down while it's not raining, she says," I said. She just laughed but then looked out the window. "Damn, I didn't hear it or see it." Riiiiight. She's always too preoccupied to manage sympathy. Damn sadistic bitch. Of course her masochistic husband wouldn't trade her for you showing him how to make pennies walk like Ben Franklin C notes. :)

As a result of the lolly weather, "quack, quack, waddle waddle", my left hip and lower posterior decided upon the totally sane option of drawing inward upon itself, muscularly & in arthritic fashion. Oh and too boot the whole sciatic nerve cluster still hasn't "let go". Nah, it's going to "rock my world" for a bit longer, it says. I'll pop my one daily allotted Tramadol here in a bit. Did last evening around 18:00 - 19:00 so as to rack, veg in front of Forged in Fire. Some of it was watched in "wavy" vision mode. The xxium derived drug did not quite dull all the pain, it still hurt to move and the sadist kept me having to move. *chuckles* It did dull the pain enough though to "knock off the edge".

Today I hope moving a bit more, possibly stretching out the muscles, will help ease the pain further. Need to draw out the dampness what crept into me. Ha! Might take a few nips of the apple pie 'shine. Good old 'tonic' fix me up. That might be morning medication on it's own for pain therapy, wait on the xxium based crap until racking tonight. Think I may eventually purchase myself a bit of a small juice DIY set up, buy no gear, save my pennies and fetch an inversion table. Seems an awful lot of folks give them all kind o' praise.

Well y'all run 'er slow. I be bicycle for a spell or so, need to get to living. :) :hug: :wave: :cloud:
Well you seem to be having just a shitty day, in light of that fact.I'm thinking a song might be appropriate to this situation enjoy...Cheers!

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Feel better soon!
Morning fugee's and GFY

Glad to see things are a lot calmer here in fugee world :)

Been pretty sad ever since I heard about Hank. Cant tell yall how many PM's Spanky sent me giving me vaping advice, gear recommendations and encouragement & well wishes when life was beating me down so hard. The world is a lesser place without him :(

Hope you feel better soon Morely. Being in constant pain suxs.
Yea it's a shocker all right. Very sad.
Glad to see ya back choppy.
Well you seem to be having just a shitty day, in light of that fact.I'm thinking a song might be appropriate to this situation enjoy...Cheers!

Nice. Here's another happy song.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' fuggers. Nuthin' much here. Weather says "storm in view" so I check the radar... if they think those tiny green specks on the radar approach "storm", god help us all. But it means I gotta keep the cat indoors, and she is not terribly pleased -- even when I let her go out, she doesn't stay too long, getting to be more of a housecat everyday... but she likes her options open. ;)

I posted this in the We Love Cats thread last night -- she's taking her Watch Kitty status VERY seriously:
watchKitty.jpg

Tonight's project: get that humongo fucker on the wall so we can watch the Series Finale of Bones on it tomorrow night. So we gotta move the 32" inch from my husband's room into the kitchen here.... then move the 48" into my husband's room... and only THEN can we proceed with finding the studs, mounting the brackets, and getting that behemoth put up. The 48" has just been resting on its stand on the mantelpiece, but this one is much too large for that.

Andria

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Nay mate, it was me telling a shitty day to go unfuck itself. To fuck to me implies there's love involved somehow, somewhere weather it is admitted or not. So, when you get really pissed off and loathsome of something, or someone you tell them/it "Unfuck you! You're not worth me giving a fuck!" :) :shades::giggle::giggle::kickbutt::cloud::cloud::cloud::banana:

It helps as a coping strategy. Not giving a fuck about someone or something then also stirs indifference toward the object. At that point you can step aside of "Life" and take a moment out to look, reflect, re-frame, reset and get back to keeping on keeping on. it's akin to the Winston Churchill quote. "Going through Hell? Yeah? Well, keep going!"

Today I pushed myself through the physical pain. My re-framing was a thought that i needed to stretch out my back muscles, get them out of focus from the nerve cluster in my tail bone area. Let the muscles actually "deserve" their pain instead letting some damn screwed up set of nerves to control them. And I cleaned out our dog hut that housed our three large dogs this Winter.

Saw a convention of Robin birds out in the bottom, worming, bugging. They are so pretty with their flashy rust colo/ured breasts. They sing nicely too and quite cheerfully and gleefully to me represent the heralds of Spring. So, my dogs and i no longer needed to put up with musty hay in the enclosed hut. I cleared out at least half a dozen 5 gallon buckets of yucky hay, mildew, mold, warts and all. Took it over and dumped it in our designated dumping area for yucky stuff. it'll go bye bye but be out of sight, out of an area where it could make critters / people sick.

It was nice too to let my dogs out into their pen a while as I did the cleaning out. Next Winter, I'm hoping to have some other form of insulation & bedding arranged for them. Rather like to find something a little more sanitary, hygenic yet safe for them.

No, i wasn't getting too "down" this morning. Instead I was motivating myself. this was something me and Spanky spoke about briefly. Yes, i am sad and miss him. Yes, him going forward into the great cosmic vape shop before us did feel like a very hard kick in the nuts yesterday. Yes, I grieve. The thing is though, I also pick myself back up and continue the living, continue the struggle or fight as it were. It's what I do, what I am, was, will be ever on. Sorry I don't ring the bell to quit, to wash out. Not happening. Cowards die thousands of deaths. The courageous normally only face one death. *chuckles* Screwy me had to go and not be normal, I've already died once and come back. *lol* And yes that is very much true, i was clinically dead, seconds from being written off as legally dead, come back.

I think of it that I live on borrowed time. Figure I'll not cheat death again and she'll be a real mother about taking me, simply because she harbors grudges and ends vendettas. Always, a mother brings you into the world, a mother takes you out of it. sorry if my nonchalance attitude and glibness about morbidity don't quite mesh as being all "happy happy joy joy" and in good cheer for everyone else. i just figure we live, ergo we also die.

That's Nature, Life for you. it is what it is, ever was and ever will be. I'm quite accepting of that. And sorry but no, I don't fear death. Sure, I don't go looking for it par say, but I don't fear it either. it'll come when and how it comes. Nothing anyone can do will alter that. This is why I may seem aloof, callous toward it all. I'm not exactly. Please though understand it isn't so much a facade as it is a means of facing life horns on and trying to retain at least one paddle as i float around the bend where a stick won't touch my sanity. :) i think we all do what we need to face it as it is. My way might seem well, different. Again, I'm not normal and never claimed to be. *chuckles* :cheers:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Feel better soon!

"Ah cher, nutin be too much hol ol riva rat too squeezy, ya'l knows dat." :) ;)

Nothing holds a river rat too tight, dahlin. We always slippery as eels and quick as platypuses humping in a hurricane. whew damn, think the back is in fact better relaxed now. Took a piggy back on the gabapentin. One 300mg at around 7, another around 11:30. I'm allowed 3 of those a day if I need. I had the "Damn It All" yester-eve to help me get the 'nestling' in effect to be ready to pass out for the night, get some sound sleep without too much focus on the pain. *chuckles* Yep, I pull the Wolverine rebooting thing. *chuckles* I just have to recall I need to remain a lumberjack for good reason. Fucking ninja assassin killer trees!

One of them even, well, it's just terrible how Disney screws stuff up. Don't want to be a spoiler tosser. :) I'll just keep on working firewood. those damn killer trees won't get me, no sur! I ain't even worried over your zombies. Took a test online and passed it, it rated you on chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse. I would survive whole and intact, safe. :) My wife would die after two years. *angelic innocent look, looking off into space and whistling innocently* Not sure why or how but that's what it said. hehehe. :)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin' fuggers. Nuthin' much here. Weather says "storm in view" so I check the radar... if they think those tiny green specks on the radar approach "storm", god help us all. But it means I gotta keep the cat indoors, and she is not terribly pleased -- even when I let her go out, she doesn't stay too long, getting to be more of a housecat everyday... but she likes her options open. ;)

I posted this in the We Love Cats thread last night -- she's taking her Watch Kitty status VERY seriously:
View attachment 77968

Tonight's project: get that humongo fucker on the wall so we can watch the Series Finale of Bones on it tomorrow night. So we gotta move the 32" inch from my husband's room into the kitchen here.... then move the 48" into my husband's room... and only THEN can we proceed with finding the studs, mounting the brackets, and getting that behemoth put up. The 48" has just been resting on its stand on the mantelpiece, but this one is much too large for that.

Andria
She is a beautiful cat!
Nice tv.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mornin' Fugees

Monday SUCKS

*does the monkey face &, .... ;pdpdpdpdpdpddpdpdpdpdpdpdppdp* You know what you need?

You need a nice 10ml soft plastic bottle of GFY ejuice to vape in your Goon, especially made for Mondays. :)

You might also need your spleen, but no, I won't give it back. It's already sold to the hot dog vendor. Not sure what Dean did with your kidney, he was muttering something about stone soup.

Sorry that was rather droll and a bit too dark, distasteful. My damn humor just is off kilter. i'd understand if you sent Flipper to sodomize me without lube.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
She is a beautiful cat!
Nice tv.

She's my little sweetie, even if she did piss me off last week by scratching the shit outta me for no good reason except she just felt like it. :giggle:

2017-01-24.jpg

That TV... man, it was a bitch GETTING it, with that idiot in Stockbridge, GA, trying to jerk me around -- I think it was a case of either, he wanted that last one for himself, or for one of his friends... Figure, a cancelled $600 sale... if I told 10 friends and they didn't make $600 sales because of it, that would be a $6000 loss; if I made a bad report to the BBB and a HUNDRED people didn't make $600 sales, then we're talking $60,000... I'm guessing that idiot's mgr told him to find that TV I'd already purchased or find himself another job. :giggle:

But now we gotta work some more, getting it put on the wall. We don't know absolutely for sure that there *are* studs in that wall, since it's over that fireplace, there's a chimney in there -- we're just assuming there are studs. But there's a window to each side of the fireplace, so, worst case, there would be framing studs going up from the windows, so we could anchor a 2x4 or 2x6 to those studs, and mount the TV's brackets to the 2x4/2x6. The woodwork is all painted white, and we have some gloss white paint, so that wouldn't be a terribly unsightly option, just be more work. I got my husband an electronic Stud Finder years ago, because he's so deaf, so hopefully we can find some good studs to mount it on.

Andria

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
She's my little sweetie, even if she did piss me off last week by scratching the shit outta me for no good reason except she just felt like it. :giggle:

View attachment 77987

That TV... man, it was a bitch GETTING it, with that idiot in Stockbridge, GA, trying to jerk me around -- I think it was a case of either, he wanted that last one for himself, or for one of his friends... Figure, a cancelled $600 sale... if I told 10 friends and they didn't make $600 sales because of it, that would be a $6000 loss; if I made a bad report to the BBB and a HUNDRED people didn't make $600 sales, then we're talking $60,000... I'm guessing that idiot's mgr told him to find that TV I'd already purchased or find himself another job. :giggle:

But now we gotta work some more, getting it put on the wall. We don't know absolutely for sure that there *are* studs in that wall, since it's over that fireplace, there's a chimney in there -- we're just assuming there are studs. But there's a window to each side of the fireplace, so, worst case, there would be framing studs going up from the windows, so we could anchor a 2x4 or 2x6 to those studs, and mount the TV's brackets to the 2x4/2x6. The woodwork is all painted white, and we have some gloss white paint, so that wouldn't be a terribly unsightly option, just be more work. I got my husband an electronic Stud Finder years ago, because he's so deaf, so hopefully we can find some good studs to mount it on.

Andria
I can't use a stud finder...goes crazy every time I pick it up...........:giggle::giggle::giggle::bliss::giggle::giggle::giggle:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 77968

Andria

We just replaced our 50" that was on the wall in the upstairs living room with a 65". Even tho the 50 had been on the wall for a year I was scared sh*tless to put the bigger and heavier one in its place. I think eventually we'll move it down in the basement and turn it into a theater room.

The 50" is back in the box in the spare room, we have a 48" in our room so it wasn't really worth swapping out.

The best part about the new one is the remote is a 6inch 1080p android tablet so I can watch something and the misses can watch another thing at the same time while being right next to one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We just replaced our 50" that was on the wall in the upstairs living room with a 65". Even tho the 50 had been on the wall for a year I was scared sh*tless to put the bigger and heavier one in its place. I think eventually we'll move it down in the basement and turn it into a theater room.

The 50" is back in the box in the spare room, we have a 48" in our room so it wasn't really worth swapping out.

The best part about the new one is the remote is a 6inch 1080p android tablet so I can watch something and the misses can watch another thing at the same time while being right next to one another.

We looked at a couple 65", but they mostly seem to be an order of magnitude higher priced than the 60" models; which was exactly what we ran into last year when we got the 48", which we got for $400 -- anything bigger was several hundred dollars more. The 48" is a very nice set, also a Samsung SmartTV, but the living room is pretty large, so there ended up being a lot of squinting going on; in his bedroom, the 48" will be awesome, but the 60" is a better fit for the living room.

And having the 32" in the dining/kitchen area will be great. We used to have an old tiny 12" set in here, but it crapped out, and since then, I've had to adjust my cooking times around our TV times, since I've had no TV in here at all. It will also mean that we'll no longer have to eat dinner on the couch, which will be a great boon, preventing any clumsy food spills on the furniture -- so far we've avoided that, but I know how clumsy I am, so it's really better to keep food at the kitchen table. :D

Andria

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We looked at a couple 65", but they mostly seem to be an order of magnitude higher priced than the 60" models; which was exactly what we ran into last year when we got the 48", which we got for $400 -- anything bigger was several hundred dollars more. The 48" is a very nice set, also a Samsung SmartTV, but the living room is pretty large, so there ended up being a lot of squinting going on; in his bedroom, the 48" will be awesome, but the 60" is a better fit for the living room.

And having the 32" in the dining/kitchen area will be great. We used to have an old tiny 12" set in here, but it crapped out, and since then, I've had to adjust my cooking times around our TV times, since I've had no TV in here at all. It will also mean that we'll no longer have to eat dinner on the couch, which will be a great boon, preventing any clumsy food spills on the furniture -- so far we've avoided that, but I know how clumsy I am, so it's really better to keep food at the kitchen table. :D

Andria

We are equal opportunity TV people here, the 65" is a Vizio Pseries 4K, the 50" is a Sony Bravia and the 48" is a Samsung. All smart TVs, the only downfall I've found thus far is that non of them work to well on my Vpn :-/. Nothing to be to upset about just would be nice if they all played nicely with it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We are equal opportunity TV people here, the 65" is a Vizio Pseries 4K, the 50" is a Sony Bravia and the 48" is a Samsung. All smart TVs, the only downfall I've found thus far is that non of them work to well on my Vpn :-/. Nothing to be to upset about just would be nice if they all played nicely with it.

I won't buy anymore Samsung phones, they cost too damn much and are FULLY loaded with Samsung bloatware... but for TVs and monitors, we try to stick to Samsung -- I'm staring at a Samsung 19" widescreen LCD that I've had for nearly 10 yrs, and it's still awesome, other than the fact that I accidentally burned a line across the top at some point when I wasn't using a screen blanker. :facepalm: All our widescreen TVs are Samsungs, though the 32" isn't a "SmartTV"; it was a gift from my folks, xmas of 2014, and they're basically clueless about anything-internet -- still a very nice TV. They all play nicely with our DirecTV/AT&T wi-fi. My husband will be thrilled though, to have a smartTV in his room, so he can get Amazon Prime video on it. :) And we've been debating on a choice between Netflix and Hulu Plus; still not sure, but either would come in nicely on the SmartTVs.

Andria

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't buy anymore Samsung phones, they cost too damn much and are FULLY loaded with Samsung bloatware... but for TVs and monitors, we try to stick to Samsung -- I'm staring at a Samsung 19" widescreen LCD that I've had for nearly 10 yrs, and it's still awesome, other than the fact that I accidentally burned a line across the top at some point when I wasn't using a screen blanker. :facepalm: All our widescreen TVs are Samsungs, though the 32" isn't a "SmartTV"; it was a gift from my folks, xmas of 2014, and they're basically clueless about anything-internet -- still a very nice TV. They all play nicely with our DirecTV/AT&T wi-fi. My husband will be thrilled though, to have a smartTV in his room, so he can get Amazon Prime video on it. :) And we've been debating on a choice between Netflix and Hulu Plus; still not sure, but either would come in nicely on the SmartTVs.

Andria

We use Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu Plus since we don't have cable/satellite.

Personally if I had to pick between the 3 I'd probably go with 1. Amazon since you can rent things, 2. Hulu since they also have movies and tend to add episodes of shows a lot faster then 3. Netflix.

As far as phones go I don't mind Samsung as long as its u locked since I always rooted my android devices, for monitors I'm partial to Asus. But then again currently I use my TV in the room for my desktop which never is used since I'm either in my laptop or my Mac.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We've got Prime, and plan to re-up with it in June when the first yr is up. So maybe Hulu Plus. Had Netflix once before, it's ok, but if Hulu Plus is better, definitely worth trying out.

Andria

ETA: As for rooting.. I'd really love to root my Samsung tablet... but I looked at the XDA forum once and my eyes crossed. I don't speak Android NEARLY well enough to even know where to start!

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've got Prime, and plan to re-up with it in June when the first yr is up. So maybe Hulu Plus. Had Netflix once before, it's ok, but if Hulu Plus is better, definitely worth trying out.

Andria

ETA: As for rooting.. I'd really love to root my Samsung tablet... but I looked at the XDA forum once and my eyes crossed. I don't speak Android NEARLY well enough to even know where to start!

I <3 XDA, most phones/tablets that are somewhat popular typically have a .exe program that will do the rooting/adding superuser for you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I <3 XDA, most phones/tablets that are somewhat popular typically have a .exe program that will do the rooting/adding superuser for you.

Well, there might be, I dunno -- I don't speak Android well enough to be able to tell! It's like everybody on the XDA forum is speaking Martian or something. :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I finally made it to Diamond Contributor - 10,000 posts. It took a bit less time than ECF Guru; been round here about 13 months, I think ECF Guru took 14 months. Probably because VU isn't filled with asshat moderators just looking for a reason to swat somebody with their ruler, and not near as many asshat users either -- and tattling on each other doesn't really work, around here. Tattle on someone here for something, and unless the thing you're reporting is a death threat, I think mods usually say something like "Yeah, so? Grow a pair, why doncha!" :giggle:

I loves me some VU, and fugees too! :hug::blowkiss:

Andria

VU Sponsors