Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening Fugees, I was just passing through so i figured a quick drive by hi.
200.gif

and a affectionate;
giphy.gif

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's. Hope everyone is enjoying this great day and had plenty of chances to GFY :D

My boy and me been hangin, slept in late and just chillin. Went out and chased some kitties a few times :devil: Didnt catch any but he had a blast chasing them. Later we probably will fire up the grill and cook sumptin :)

Been having an urge for some tobacco flavored vapes. Goin to see if my mixing journal survived the flood and read up on my notes. Not really looking for a grassy flavor like Dessert Ship or Highway, kinda want a more robust flavor.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon fugee's. Hope everyone is enjoying this great day and had plenty of chances to GFY :D

My boy and me been hangin, slept in late and just chillin. Went out and chased some kitties a few times :devil: Didnt catch any but he had a blast chasing them. Later we probably will fire up the grill and cook sumptin :)

Been having an urge for some tobacco flavored vapes. Goin to see if my mixing journal survived the flood and read up on my notes. Not really looking for a grassy flavor like Dessert Ship or Highway, kinda want a more robust flavor.

I'm soon going to have to try my hand at an ejuice for my son, something like Camel or turkish tobacco. Any tips? I'm considering 3 from Inawera, "tab for Camel", Turkish Tobacco, and Desert Ship. I never smoked Camels, thought they were too dry, so even if I tasted it, a) I dislike tobacco flavor now, and b) I never did like that particular flavor, so I'd be kinda lost.

And :wave: errybody. Been lurking, exchanging geekspeak about phones in PMs. :D I'll be in here from time to time, but I'm taking a break from the rest of the forum, really tired of arguing with retards. :facepalm: Y'all in here each have more intelligence in one section of your littlest finger than some of the folks hereabouts have in their entire body.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm soon going to have to try my hand at an ejuice for my son, something like Camel or turkish tobacco. Any tips? I'm considering 3 from Inawera, "tab for Camel", Turkish Tobacco, and Desert Ship. I never smoked Camels, thought they were too dry, so even if I tasted it, a) I dislike tobacco flavor now, and b) I never did like that particular flavor, so I'd be kinda lost.

And :wave: errybody. Been lurking, exchanging geekspeak about phones in PMs. :D I'll be in here from time to time, but I'm taking a break from the rest of the forum, really tired of arguing with retards. :facepalm: Y'all in here each have more intelligence in one section of your littlest finger than some of the folks hereabouts have in their entire body.

Andria

That is a huge misconception with tobacco flavors. Trying to get a flavor like what a person smoked is not gonna happen. A lot of the tobacco flavors is the smell of the tobacco itself, not the taste of it when smoked. They have some additive like DNB (dirty natural base) that will give it a bit of an ash flavor to the vape and Tobacco Absolutes that will enhance a tobacco flavor but to get what a certain brand taste like when smoked hasnt happened yet to my knowledge.
On ECF dannyd has a thread on tobacco flavors and I did a ton of reviews on various flavors but everyone is different on how they view and like a tobacco flavor. Trial and error is your best bet. For your son I would suggest getting a small bottle of Capella's Smooth tobacco. Mix up %7 Smooth tobacco, %2 Sweet Cream and %3 either vanilla or Bavarian Cream. I know around 4 people I helped quit smoking with this recipe and one guy liked it so much he was giving me $20 for 90ml of it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is a huge misconception with tobacco flavors. Trying to get a flavor like what a person smoked is not gonna happen. A lot of the tobacco flavors is the smell of the tobacco itself, not the taste of it when smoked. They have some additive like DNB (dirty natural base) that will give it a bit of an ash flavor to the vape and Tobacco Absolutes that will enhance a tobacco flavor but to get what a certain brand taste like when smoked hasnt happened yet to my knowledge.
On ECF dannyd has a thread on tobacco flavors and I did a ton of reviews on various flavors but everyone is different on how they view and like a tobacco flavor. Trial and error is your best bet. For your son I would suggest getting a small bottle of Capella's Smooth tobacco. Mix up %7 Smooth tobacco, %2 Sweet Cream and %3 either vanilla or Bavarian Cream. I know around 4 people I helped quit smoking with this recipe and one guy liked it so much he was giving me $20 for 90ml of it.

Well, that's simply not true, because MyFreedomSmokes' Virginia Tobacco tastes almost identical to Virginia Slims -- which I discovered after everyone at ECF told me what you just did, that it was impossible. Nothing is impossible; some stuff just takes a little more effort. If it was truly impossible, i'd never have been able to switch to vaping, because I was PICKY! and insistent that it HAD to taste like Virginia Slims, which I smoked for over 30 yrs. And Tobacco Express' Virginia is a very close match as well; I had actually mixed up a "virginia" vape that I quite liked... and about 6 wks later, turned my back on tobacco flavor for good.

My son is somewhat less picky; he likes Camels, but he's reasonably content with anything that's somewhat "turkish tobacco" tasting, so I'm hopeful to hit on some mix that will please him. But he'll have to be the one to sample it, not me; I didn't like that taste even when I smoked, and now, tobacco tastes vile to me.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
For many of us - myself included - it's not about any expectation that a tobacco liquid "tastes" like a cigarette - it never will. Combustion and vaporization are very different processes and I got over that expectation in my first few pulls when I started vaping. However, that thing about the taste reminding you of the smell of a given tobacco can be rather nice. And I'm just not into all the sweet/bakery/fruity stuff - never have been - so I prefer & use straight-up tobacco flavors 95% of the time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For many of us - myself included - it's not about any expectation that a tobacco liquid "tastes" like a cigarette - it never will. Combustion and vaporization are very different processes and I got over that expectation in my first few pulls when I started vaping. However, that thing about the taste reminding you of the smell of a given tobacco can be rather nice. And I'm just not into all the sweet/bakery/fruity stuff - never have been - so I prefer & use straight-up tobacco flavors 95% of the time.

Well, after I had my relapse and then returned to vape-only, I realized that the Virginia vape wasn't really *exactly* like smoking a VA Slim... it didn't have that bitter whang of something burnt, and it didn't burn my mouth, probably because of the lack of all those pyro chemicals... but at the time I was first trying to find a vape I could be happy with, to *substitute* for those VA Slims, that Virginia from MyFreedomSmokes was *close enough*.

THAT kind of resemblance is what I'm aiming for, for my son's preference for the turkish tobacco flavor -- if it's close enough to allow him to substitute vaping for smoking without feeling deprived -- because yes, he's been stupid enough to go back to smoking, after being quit for 5 yrs. I could just BRAIN him... but I told him, when he comes home this summer, that won't play here at all, because neither of us wanna smell it, on our property, or on his person inside our home. He says he's more than happy to give up smoking again and switch to vaping, but he needs my guidance, doesn't feel he can do it on his own, especially given his failure at staying-quit. Can't really blame him too much; if not for the support I got on the forum, I dunno if I could have either, except I'm just stubborn and independent like that. :giggle:

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, that's simply not true,
Andria

If you already had the answer, then why ask the question?

Some of the tobacco vapes brings back childhood memories to me of being in a dime store and smelling the rich tobacco in it. A lot of them I loved yet never smoked that type of tobacco before. especially some of the spicy exotic tobacco flavors like Latakia which is a flavor from Cyprus.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you already had the answer, then why ask the question?

The question I ASKED, is for tips related to Camel/turkish flavor, about which I know nothing. I'm assuming that if a virginia-tobacco smoker could find a virginia vape that was close enough, a camel smoker can do the same.

But nevermind. I'll wing it.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The question I ASKED, is for tips related to Camel/turkish flavor, about which I know nothing. I'm assuming that if a virginia-tobacco smoker could find a virginia vape that was close enough, a camel smoker can do the same.

Andria
Desert Ship is supposed to be Camel.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

This may not even be relevant but, The Vapor Room has a USA Reds that is really good. I can't figure out what the hell is in it to DIY because it doesn't resemble other USA Reds I have tried. It's what I call a 'dirty' vape. There's something in there that would remind you of an ash try - but in a good way. I'm just sayin' if this one could be figured out I bet he would like it.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This may not even be relevant but, The Vapor Room has a USA Reds that is really good. I can't figure out what the hell is in it to DIY because it doesn't resemble other USA Reds I have tried. It's what I call a 'dirty' vape. There's something in there that would remind you of an ash try - but in a good way. I'm just sayin' if this one could be figured out I bet he would like it.

Your post reminds me of the Western tobacco flavor. When I first started smoking I ordered a juice that was suppose to be like smoking a Marlboro. I tried it and it tasted like licking an ashtray. I ran across that same flavor again with western tobacco flavoring. Some people swear by it. It made me gag. Same with M-Type. Yuck!

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Your post reminds me of the Western tobacco flavor. When I first started smoking I ordered a juice that was suppose to be like smoking a Marlboro. I tried it and it tasted like licking an ashtray. I ran across that same flavor again with western tobacco flavoring. Some people swear by it. It made me gag. Same with M-Type. Yuck!

Well as you know the beauty of vaping is: to each their own.

When Parkes Vaping was in business they even had a flavor called Ash Tray. :devil: I loved that stuff.

In theory Parkes was going to sell just flavorings after the dumbass Indiana laws got passed But that never happened. :cry:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well as you know the beauty of vaping is: to each their own.

When Parkes Vaping was in business they even had a flavor called Ash Tray. :devil: I loved that stuff.

In theory Parkes was going to sell just flavorings after the dumbass Indiana laws got passed But that never happened. :cry:

I am hoping Trumps stomps out the FDA regulations.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Suuuurre. Like there's no conflict there with what his v.p. Mike Putz Pence did to vaping in Indiana. :rolleyes:

I am expecting jack squat from Hopey (for) Changey 2.0 here.
I figure the most we can hope for is the new HR 1136 to pass.
Which moves the predicate date way up and requires regulation of batteries/mods.
and still requires PMTA certificiations for ALL vape products after the new predicate date.

They will NOT undeclare vaping stuff as a tobacco product. Too many states have already passed laws based on that being true(not really but per regs).

Last edited:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and GFY :D

Broke down and went to that other vape place to research tobacco flavors today. Was looking for all the reviews I did over a year ago there because my journal with all my mixing info is gone :(

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon fugee's and GFY :D

Broke down and went to that other vape place to research tobacco flavors today. Was looking for all the reviews I did over a year ago there because my journal with all my mixing info is gone :(

Craa-aa--aap. Did you ever find it? All blurry and washed out and everything? :gaah:

Does this help? ~> Google is your Friend

That's gotta be faster (and better) than using their search engine.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Craa-aa--aap. Did you ever find it? All blurry and washed out and everything? :gaah:

Does this help? ~> Google is your Friend

That's gotta be faster (and better) than using their search engine.

Wasnt using their search engine, was re-reading dannyd's tobacco section in the DIY area. I have probably 50 to 60 tobacco flavors in my DIY arsenal and I did a bunch of reviews on them and wrote them down in my journal as well as shared them in dannyd's thread. The journal was lost in the flood but my reviews are still there.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, that's simply not true, because MyFreedomSmokes' Virginia Tobacco tastes almost identical to Virginia Slims -- which I discovered after everyone at ECF told me what you just did, that it was impossible. Nothing is impossible; some stuff just takes a little more effort. If it was truly impossible, i'd never have been able to switch to vaping, because I was PICKY! and insistent that it HAD to taste like Virginia Slims, which I smoked for over 30 yrs. And Tobacco Express' Virginia is a very close match as well; I had actually mixed up a "virginia" vape that I quite liked... and about 6 wks later, turned my back on tobacco flavor for good.

My son is somewhat less picky; he likes Camels, but he's reasonably content with anything that's somewhat "turkish tobacco" tasting, so I'm hopeful to hit on some mix that will please him. But he'll have to be the one to sample it, not me; I didn't like that taste even when I smoked, and now, tobacco tastes vile to me.

Andria
The big problem is most people have a misconception of how much turkish tobacco is in camel's*.Which is less than 35%.Which is quite a bit for an American cigarette.But nowhere near enough to give it more than just a hint of headiness.Honestly your best bet is to just make up a batch of standard Marlboro and add a bit of Turkish to it & maybe a bit of sweet component...(Molasses) would be best especially if he smoked unfiltered Camel's.

*Unfiltered Camels have 42% but is a entirely different cigarette if you ask me*

EDIT : WHEN I THINK OF TURKISH CIGARETTES THESE ARE THE 1'S I'D WANT.

turk_spec_fil.JPG

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The big problem is most people have a misconception of how much turkish tobacco is in camel's*.Which is less than 35%.Which is quite a bit for an American cigarette.But nowhere near enough to give it more than just a hint of headiness.Honestly your best bet is to just make up a batch of standard Marlboro and add a bit of Turkish to it & maybe a bit of sweet component...(Molasses) would be best especially if he smoked unfiltered Camel's.

*Unfiltered Camels have 42% but is a entirely different cigarette if you ask me*

EDIT : WHEN I THINK OF TURKISH CIGARETTES THESE ARE THE 1'S I'D WANT.

turk_spec_fil.JPG

Hmm... no, he smokes the "99s", not unfiltered. He mentioned that he had tried some RYO, I think maybe it was Bugler? He said it was supposed to b "turkish" tobacco, or at least, the taste wasn't displeasing to him, as a Camel smoker. I really dunno, I never cared for that taste, too dry to me. If "Desert Ship" is a "grassy" (vegetative?) taste, that may not be what he's looking for. Maybe I'll try the "Tab for Camel" and INW's Turkish. I do have some DNB and also some Virginia Tobacco Absolute, so I can make it as "realistic" as could be reasonably expected from vapor.

He's a big coffee fan, so I'm thinking he may find INW's Coffee Tobacco pretty tasty; to me, both the coffee and the tobacco taste in it seems fairly authentic. He also likes those froufrou coffee drinks at Starbucks, so my "Smocha" mix may suit him well.

Andria

VU Sponsors