Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning fugee's and GFY :)

I been having fun. Decided to put some new strings on the guitar and I really didnt see much wrong with the old ones except they was thicker than I like so put on a new set of light strings. Amazing difference in the sound. A lot crisper and cleaner sound :D Dug out my old Strotocaster electric and was sure last time I looked at it that it was ready for the trash heap after being under water for a couple days but spent over an hour cleaning it yesterday and it looks a lot better and it holds tune. Now I just need a cable to see if the electronics in it is fried or not. Been learning to play the solo for comfortably numb and the rhythm for that song and while my guitar gently weeps. Can play for about 30 minutes now before I have to take a break.

And once again I pulled an absolute dumbass move. Filled my unicorn milk vape with cherry ice cream juice. Cant say it is a total loss because flavor is not bad at all :teehee:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I been having fun too! Ok - I lied.

Got a new phone and you would think by now transferring stuff between Android phones would be a breeze. Ermh... no.

The new phone did take me through a baby steps procedure at one point during it's 20 minute setup to transfer "everything"... and only transferred my downloaded apps to the new phone. It lied. Whee - the last thing I was concerned about transferring were apps.

Ok - transfer contacts the hard way. Easy to do from the old phone. I can't even find an option to do it on the new phone.

Crap - it didn't transfer any browser bookmarks either. I don't even want to think about screwing around with Chrome sync at this point.

I need a nap. :tantrum:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Got a new phone and you would think by now transferring stuff between Android phones would be a breeze. Ermh... no.

The new phone did take me through a baby steps procedure at one point during it's 20 minute setup to transfer "everything"... and only transferred my downloaded apps to the new phone. It lied. Whee - the last thing I was concerned about transferring were apps.

Ok - transfer contacts the hard way. Easy to do from the old phone. I can't even find an option to do it on the new phone.

Crap - it didn't transfer any browser bookmarks either. I don't even want to think about screwing around with Chrome sync at this point.

A lot of times there is a sims card behind the battery that can be transfered. If it is two separate brands with different styles of cards then take it to your phone store and they will transfer it for you in a matter of seconds.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And once again I pulled an absolute dumbass move. Filled my unicorn milk vape with cherry ice cream juice. Cant say it is a total loss because flavor is not bad at all :teehee:

:facepalm::sneaka::vino::inlove: Said, "whewieee doggies!"

Got a bit of somewhat buried treasure this morning. I went into the basement of wife's granddad's to do laundry as par our routine. Recalled a time when he had made up a batch of raspberry cordial. When he made it up, he assured me it was at least a good 120 proof, further saying it would "drop off" after a while of being "lain up". Well, this morning I hazarded an experiment.

On the old sink and counter he had in there sat the old metal crock with some bottles of corked cordial. I pulled one up and out, figured getting the cork loose would be a fight. The cork gave a very pleasant gentle pop once it was wiggled free. :)

So, I took a sip and it seemed alright to me. It was not bitter but I did manage to taste what I consider the taste of raspberries, the taste of a warm long past Summer when the world was right. :) When he made it up he kept real quiet about it. He come and got me, called me on into his basement. I was his taster, ladle full right from the mash out bucket. We shared that ladle full too.

Now, it's been ten years or more since it has been lain up. Two sips of it was enough to let me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. :) It was also enough to know it hadn't vinegared out and was still drinkable. No, you don't go swilling it back like whiskey but you do drink it. Sipping is the way and it'll probably take ten years or more to finish drinking one bottle. :giggle:

This wasn't about getting a little tipsy this morning though. It was about recalling that special moment with her grandfather. He had me helping him save those raspberries that Summer. Thought he was being a bit foolish since I figured they had been sprayed. They were not and he knew it. And today, I had a lovely and fond memory found in the subtle flavor of a cordial, being cordial. :)

Hoping it isn't a dumbass mistake. :giggle:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:facepalm::sneaka::vino::inlove: Said, "whewieee doggies!"

Got a bit of somewhat buried treasure this morning. I went into the basement of wife's granddad's to do laundry as par our routine. Recalled a time when he had made up a batch of raspberry cordial. When he made it up, he assured me it was at least a good 120 proof, further saying it would "drop off" after a while of being "lain up". Well, this morning I hazarded an experiment.

On the old sink and counter he had in there sat the old metal crock with some bottles of corked cordial. I pulled one up and out, figured getting the cork loose would be a fight. The cork gave a very pleasant gentle pop once it was wiggled free. :)

So, I took a sip and it seemed alright to me. It was not bitter but I did manage to taste what I consider the taste of raspberries, the taste of a warm long past Summer when the world was right. :) When he made it up he kept real quiet about it. He come and got me, called me on into his basement. I was his taster, ladle full right from the mash out bucket. We shared that ladle full too.

Now, it's been ten years or more since it has been lain up. Two sips of it was enough to let me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy. :) It was also enough to know it hadn't vinegared out and was still drinkable. No, you don't go swilling it back like whiskey but you do drink it. Sipping is the way and it'll probably take ten years or more to finish drinking one bottle. :giggle:

This wasn't about getting a little tipsy this morning though. It was about recalling that special moment with her grandfather. He had me helping him save those raspberries that Summer. Thought he was being a bit foolish since I figured they had been sprayed. They were not and he knew it. And today, I had a lovely and fond memory found in the subtle flavor of a cordial, being cordial. :)

Hoping it isn't a dumbass mistake. :giggle:
120 proof raspberry cordial?
More like shine.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning fugee's and GFY :)

I been having fun. Decided to put some new strings on the guitar and I really didnt see much wrong with the old ones except they was thicker than I like so put on a new set of light strings. Amazing difference in the sound. A lot crisper and cleaner sound :D Dug out my old Strotocaster electric and was sure last time I looked at it that it was ready for the trash heap after being under water for a couple days but spent over an hour cleaning it yesterday and it looks a lot better and it holds tune. Now I just need a cable to see if the electronics in it is fried or not. Been learning to play the solo for comfortably numb and the rhythm for that song and while my guitar gently weeps. Can play for about 30 minutes now before I have to take a break.

You can already do 30 minutes????? Dang. You build calluses FAST! It takes my fingers weeks!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can already do 30 minutes????? Dang. You build calluses FAST! It takes my fingers weeks!
The guitar has a lot to do with it which is why when I seen an Ovation at a remarkably good price I jumped at it. I remembered years ago a friend had a high end Ovation and it was a dream to play and I thought of that when I seen this one. Add to that light strings and it makes it a lot gentler on the finger tips. I also been picking it up 5 or 6 times a day doing finger excersizes and practicing cords and that has paid off on the amount of time I can play around with it :)
Get yours out Atchaffy, set it on the middle of the couch with the neck stinking up so you see it every time your in the room. When you sit down for 5 minutes pick it up and play a few chords, pick the strings 4 frets at a time across all the strings up the neck for 5 minutes. Next thing you know you will be playing around for 10 minutes, 15 minutes. Then find a "how do you play (add your favorite song) on a guitar" on youtube and start learning it. Before you know it you too will be playing 30 minutes at a time and loving it :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Contacts and browser stuff were a breeze for me when I did it in Dec; Google handled it all (esp. since I use Chrome on my phone)... one or two contacts were missing, so I had to go hunting for them in my old phone, but it was only 1 or 2 that I actually needed.

Apps, I didn't bother transferring, because my old phone was a Lollipop 1GB/8GB, so the apps were mostly all on the SD card. The new phone is a Marshmallow 2GB/32GB, so a) apps can't be put on the SD card (thx marshmallow! :mad:), but b) with that 32GB ROM, it's not really necessary.

The only thing I couldn't transfer that I really wanted to, was my "phone number blacklist" -- old phone was Samsung, so it was integral to the phone; new phone was ZTE, so I had to download an app for that, to keep from being rung constantly by every scammer on the planet and a lot of people who used to call and txt the person who apparently never told anyone that she didn't have that number anymore. :mad: So again, had to use the old phone just to GET all those numbers, then type them up manually into a txt file, which mercifully, the app I got would import from.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
120 proof raspberry cordial?
More like shine.

Sent from my HT3 Pro using Tapatalk

True but it did as he said, "drop off" after having aged by setting. This morning's sipping only felt more along the lines of eh, roughly 60-80 proof, the alcohol and berry juice blend and settle one another out through time. It becomes like a wine at that point, sure it can still hammer a mean punch but over all it's just a mellow haze. Drank responsibly it's really yummy. :) :p

Well, need to check laundry. I was wrangling barbed wire earlier. Got a fence line of it that needs pulled and cleared. Also had my dogs out in their pen, they stayed in it thankfully. They watched me working and played until realizing laying in the sun was better. :)

Y'all run 'er slow & if you see another me come by pass along a :hug: & tell them I'm catching up and will soon lap them. ;) :)

Last edited:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

you need to make sure when you put in a contact, that it is set to save to google, not the phone....this way, all of your contacts will automatically load to any phone you set up.

As for browser, if you use firefox, you can set up an account, that will make all of your bookmarks accessible regardless of what device you are on :)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Contacts and browser stuff were a breeze for me when I did it in Dec; Google handled it all (esp. since I use Chrome on my phone)... one or two contacts were missing, so I had to go hunting for them in my old phone, but it was only 1 or 2 that I actually needed.

Apps, I didn't bother transferring, because my old phone was a Lollipop 1GB/8GB, so the apps were mostly all on the SD card. The new phone is a Marshmallow 2GB/32GB, so a) apps can't be put on the SD card (thx marshmallow! :mad:), but b) with that 32GB ROM, it's not really necessary.

The only thing I couldn't transfer that I really wanted to, was my "phone number blacklist" -- old phone was Samsung, so it was integral to the phone; new phone was ZTE, so I had to download an app for that, to keep from being rung constantly by every scammer on the planet and a lot of people who used to call and txt the person who apparently never told anyone that she didn't have that number anymore. :mad: So again, had to use the old phone just to GET all those numbers, then type them up manually into a txt file, which mercifully, the app I got would import from.

Andria

I was moving from Android 4.4 to marshmallow here. The annoyance was the new phone said it would transfer "everything" via nfc - apps, contacts, calendar etc. - as part of it's automated setup, so long as the old phone was at least Android 4.0.

It was - it didn't. :facepalm:

I did the contacts via BT and it looks ok - I think I got everything since there are no radical changes between 4.4 and 6 in the contact lists format. But if I ever needed to do that again I can't even locate a "share" function on the new phone to do that. That function has to be there on the new phone - somewhere.

Will poke at it later and see what else I need to migrate.

I have to play with the phone more too as it may going back. There are several differences as to how the Marshmallow interface works on this one. (Home button brings up Google search - last thing I need a Home button to do. Stuff like that.) Have to decide if I can live/work with the changes - or figure out how to modify some functions.

Samsung Galaxy J7 - it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Last edited:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
you need to make sure when you put in a contact, that it is set to save to google, not the phone....this way, all of your contacts will automatically load to any phone you set up.

As for browser, if you use firefox, you can set up an account, that will make all of your bookmarks accessible regardless of what device you are on :)

I hear ya but I don't give up to Google any more than I need to. Maybe I'll (have to) get over that now. lol IMO Google is getting waaaay too entrenched into everything. You're only one TOS change away from Google sharing your contact list with the entire world. (Maybe...)

My hardware is too old to run current FF - what version is it up to now? 147.2249586? I do run it, but not a version that does their backup service thingee.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was moving from Android 4.4 to marshmallow here. The annoyance was the new phone said it would transfer "everything" via nfc - apps, contacts, calendar etc. - as part of it's automated setup, so long as the old phone was at least Android 4.0.

It was - it didn't. :facepalm:

I did the contacts via BT and it looks ok - I think I got everything since there are no radical changes between 4.4 and 6 in the contact lists format. If I ever needed to do that again I can't even locate a "share" function on the new phone to do that.

Will poke at it later and see what else I need to migrate.

I have to play with the phone more too as it may going back. There are several differences as to how the Marshmallow interface works on this one. (Home button brings up Google search - last thing I need a Home button to do. Stuff like that.) Have to decide if I can live/work with the changes - or figure out how to modify some functions.

Samsung Galaxy J7 - it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I think you setup your google acct as your "backup account". I didn't have to do anything at all for my contacts and browser stuff to appear on my new phone, it appeared automagically -- thx to Google.

That J7 was my first consideration for an upgrade from my starter Galaxy Core Prime, but it was a little pricey for me. Then I looked at the LG Stylo 2 Plus, not bad, but also a little pricey, though cheaper than the j7. Then I found the ZTE Zmax Pro, which was only $99 at MetroPCS, has an even bigger screen, and 2GB/32GB, and it's pretty ding dang fast, too. It's got a few glitches, and all the lil hacker babies are crying at the ZTE forum because ZTE won't release the bootloader, so it can't be rooted... but so far I really like it.

You can run something like Nova Launcher to customize shit like what the home button does, where the home screen is, etc. I had to DL that launcher ASAP because ZTE has an URGLY google bar at the top of EVERY screen that cannot be removed... so I got a diff launcher so I could setup my screens as *I* want them. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya but I don't give up to Google any more than I need to. Maybe I'll (have to) get over that now. lol IMO Google is getting waaaay too entrenched into everything. You're only one TOS change away from Google sharing your contact list with the entire world. (Maybe...)

My hardware is too old to run current FF - what version is it up to now? 147.2249586? I do run it, but not a version that does their backup service thingee.

I agree about google, but a google acct can be VERY useful, as shown by my ease of setting up a new phone, and having all my Chrome bookmarks anywhere, on any device.

FF is currently 51.0.1... but for some strange reason I seem to have a 32bit version installed, though I have a 64bit version of win8.1. Maybe the 64bit FF is buggy and they had to roll it back. Wouldn't surprise me!

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah... Google bar... first thing I got rid of. At least you can kill that on the J7 easy.

Thanks for the tip about Nova Launcher. Gotta get that tonight.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... Google bar... first thing I got rid of. At least you can kill that on the J7 easy.

Thanks for the tip about Nova Launcher. Gotta get that tonight.

I think the Nova Launcher may well be the BEST android app EVER. check this:

currentscreen.jpg

Nova Launcher lets me customize the grid size for the apps on the screen, and *independently*, the grid size for the "dock row" -- so I can have 6 across for my regular apps, but 7 across on the dock row. It also allows such easy customization for icons; I've got an icon pack installed (Moonrise), but I can also create my own icons and upload them and get them to be used very easily -- which is how I got ALL circular 3D icons. :D

The "1" you see on gmail is because of another app that works with Nova, called Tesla Unread -- it only works with Nova *Prime* -- the paid-for upgrade to Nova, but that upgrade, at least at the time I got it, was only 99 cents -- that might have been a sale, not sure. In any case, it's not very costly to upgrade it, which allows you to use that Tesla Unread app, and gives you more granular control over your icons and their size and layout.

Shit like this may be utterly irrelevant to most folks, but to a web designer... it's pure ambrosia. :D

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 74593

Nova Launcher lets me customize the grid size for the apps on the screen, and *independently*, the grid size for the "dock row" -- so I can have 6 across for my regular apps, but 7 across on the dock row. It also allows such easy customization for icons; I've got an icon pack installed (Moonrise), but I can also create my own icons and upload them and get them to be used very easily -- which is how I got ALL circular 3D icons. :D

The "1" you see on gmail is because of another app that works with Nova, called Tesla Unread -- it only works with Nova *Prime* -- the paid-for upgrade to Nova, but that upgrade, at least at the time I got it, was only 99 cents -- that might have been a sale, not sure. In any case, it's not very costly to upgrade it, which allows you to use that Tesla Unread app, and gives you more granular control over your icons and their size and layout.

Shit like this may be utterly irrelevant to most folks, but to a web designer... it's pure ambrosia. :D

Andria

I LIKE that!!! :banana:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AndriaD
Mark Todd is giving away a titanuim Achiles and matching tube mod this weekend on his facebook page.
Go there and drop a line you might win.

I do not face book just saw this on his Vlog vid and thought of you.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I looked. It is about five or six posts down from the top

I see the thing abut the vlog, I just don't see anything about an Achilles.

I hope I'm not gonna have to watch some lame video. I'd gladly pay him for an Achilles!

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot of times there is a sims card behind the battery that can be transfered. If it is two separate brands with different styles of cards then take it to your phone store and they will transfer it for you in a matter of seconds.

Reading through the manual. (Yeah, I'm a guy and real guys read the manual.) You know what's stupid? And why I can't find an option of the new phone to transfer contacts wirelessly? It doesn't have an option to do it.

That's so dumb - a phone in 2017 that requires you to copy your contacts to a media card to transfer them to another phone. Every phone I have had going all the way back to my last flip phone had an option to import/export contacts en masse by BT or nfc. But not this Samsung J7. :crazy: Talk about effing donkey work.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

No, merely because Google is an NSA adjunct does not mean they'll
be sharing their arduously ferreted out advertising demographics
internationally with the mass throngs of the public. No one knows
exact locations of Google's data storage facilities, not even their
own employees as they are escorted to and from in secured modes of
transport. Visitors are fully banned, barred, shot on sight at any
Google data storage facilities too. They are beyond Q code top secret, I
think possibly they may be X code or even Z.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 74593

Andria

"You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

You're already half cyborg, only in denial. Would estimate though at least 80% or so fit that. All of you wandering around with those smart phones wired back into the hive mind of the ever present, ever on, ever watching Oracle.

"An Eye Is Upon You"

spinning complacently in the darkness covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives,
false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber, wake up!!
an eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through,
seeing all that you are and everything that you will never be.
yes, and eye is upon you, and eye ready to blink.
so face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling.
Your future has arrived ...
are you ready to go?

Recently been seeing the new H & R Block adverts whereby they are rolling out Watson to help do your taxes. Some years back Watson competed in Jeopardy and fairly well trounced human opponents with aplomb. Artificial intellect then it seems surpasses natural human intellect, not long before it becomes self aware if it's not already. Note I'm not discussing intellect in the sense of emotionality, morality, ethics and so on what gives natural human intellect its difference. No, I'm talking plain old direct core objective intellect.

I believe like a few others, once self awareness stirs in AI, humanity will next be in line for becoming extinct. The logic and reasoning for machines will be sound and accurate, humans cause strife which destroys the Earth. The Earth makes silicon and magnets, which AI needs to sustain itself as a life force, form of life, ergo remove humans that destroy the Earth to ensure self preservation.The antiquated human self centered and vain axiom of "if I cannot alone have the well, none at all will have it", will return as the rabid wolf to bite our hands that feed it.

This to me is not exactly a "doom & gloom" scenario. It is what is soon going to be, regardless what we as the human race desire. This is a genie that does not go back into the bottle after it has been uncorked. It will lead into trans-humanism as a means, albeit short lived for humans to attempt a bit of their own self preservation. Although who knows, we may have already been assimilated and but mere digital flecks in some tapestry of holographic data blown in the winds of pixel dust and neurons.

What will be, will be, has been, always was, always is.

ETA: Apologies, this probably makes it sound as though I'm some crazed nut which does foresee something akin to the Matrix flicks as happening.

I do not though. What I foresee is wholly more subtle and enshrouded in covert gradual creeping upon us of a technology far too advanced to think it could be wielded benevolently and without harm to humanity. I know that still sounds as doom and gloom. Well, what if there is actually a upside to it?

Say for example everyone realizes the need to unite and figure out how to do the full opposite of what I see coming down the line. "Ha! Look we'll show you. We'll grasp this new technology by its balls and use it to create Paradise on Earth evermore."

Is there time enough to do that? I don't know. I'm not claiming all answers or even correct speculation. All I know is what I perceive, and that is all I'm hoping to present, a glimpse into my thoughts and visions even if they veer to beyond the pale at times. I am as perfect as anyone else for my imperfections. YMMV & All The Usual Standard Disclaimers Apply.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FF is currently 51.0.1... but for some strange reason I seem to have a 32bit version installed, though I have a 64bit version of win8.1. Maybe the 64bit FF is buggy and they had to roll it back. Wouldn't surprise me!

64 Bit software was created so that computers can use what is called big Endian (sic) numbers. These allow for Unix/Linux and Posix based systems to carry on past the year 2038, or at least so is hoped.

Code:
[!=]
then
call cleverhacker()

cleverhacker()
  do   program means of not having the whole system of multiple galaxies frag out and reboot in the 1970s after 2038
   while   patch in place with a fudged date workaround until we can figure that wonky shit out
   else     all systems go bin and are tits up worthless
   return nil tee /dev/null
else
return void()
endif

Why is it important *nix style computing continues? Well, for one all silly windows machines would have no Internet or Web to connect to, all your happy little Androids would stop on the smart phones they occupy. As much as that silly commercial cites "The cloud runs on Intel", it neglects the truth, the cloud runs atop *nix, *nix runs the world 100%. Without *nix even Cobol systems would flop, be useless.

Without Cobol, no ATMs or no banking at all, no commerce systems. Gee, can you say "Fire Sale"? I bet even Chuck Norris would stop round house kicking, know stop lights would stop working too, that's a bit of a Cobol back end industrial controller system, and industrial controller systems are fun, until they're not. Ask Iran about how that works, darn near had a nuclear melt down. Oh, ooops.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bah. :coffee: Think I'll have a slow day today, as in a day to be off. Wound up helping splitting up some huge maple logs yesterday. These were each at least four feet in diameter and about sixteen to eighteen inches high. That made each one need to be rolled around like you were some big old grizzly looking for grubs. It really can warp even the strongest and most healthy backs, no shame admitting mine took a beating. Legs are also enjoying that Silly Putty mentality. Barb wire wrangling, oh so fun yesterday as well. *chuckles* And ..."that's not all folks, act now and we'll double the offer ..." I got the laundry done, yay. "All for the amazing low price of a GFY! But wait there's more ..."

Nah, That's all I think. Yesterday was an all day do nothing day. "Oh yeah, :finger: @Hank F. Spankman Spanky." Today I might focus again on programming or maybe even drawing up how to get everything combined for a project. Know where I'm aiming but I need to set it out correctly so as to not overload a user, or some idjit what comes along and improves what I do.

And yes, kind of gotten meself figured, sueesed and sorted ... I'm just an autodidact polymath ... "Oh baby I was born this way" ... yep, there ya go ...

Ya'll run 'er slow :hug: :wave: :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

You're already half cyborg, only in denial. Would estimate though at least 80% or so fit that. All of you wandering around with those smart phones wired back into the hive mind of the ever present, ever on, ever watching Oracle.

That may be true for many who live their lives on social media... but I have no "social media" app on my phone whatsoever; got fed up with that shit long before I got fed up with a phone that takes 5 seconds to respond to ANYTHING... hell, I got fed up with facebook long before i even GOT a mobile phone! I mainly got a mobile phone so I could bring my reading into the 21st century with Kindle (much easier to bring my phon along in my purse than a couple paperbacks!), so I could text my husband at work rather than always having to bother him with a phone call, and so that I can eventually dispense with a "home phone."

I really do hate phones, hate ringing phones, hate answering the phone. I can forgive my mobile phone because it's actually a tiny computer that I can take with me -- I like computers a lot better than most human beings, and one HELL of a lot more than I like ANY phone.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and I really hate Zappa too. :D Though that particular song... right on, Frank.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like macabre/paranormal stuff, and mysteries.. cops, detectives, cozies, urban fantasy, all that sort of thing, whether reading or watching TV. I like one or two silly sitcoms, though there haven't been many of those worth watching in recent years... Big Bang Theory is the only one I can think of. But all this "reality TV" bullshit... gack, I wish they'd give that shit a rest. I won't watch any of it. If I want reality TV, I'll watch HGTV or yeah, PBS, Nova, Discovery, NatGeo, History Channel, etc. And i won't watch the "news" at all, because it's no more news than those paranormal urban fantasies I like, and a LOT less entertaining.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like watching Trump rip the media a new asshole :D

Afternoon fugee's and a beautiful one it is turning out to be. The ex dropped my boy off a lil while ago and am planning on grilling some steaks later this afternoon.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That sounds super-tasty Chop - I might still have time to yank something que worthy out of the freezer if I act now. That sounds so good!

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep what I watch will either be PBS or local weather/news.

I don't even check weather on TV, considering their "local" forecasts here (try to) cover half the eastern coast and two States inland.

Find the noaa site (forecast.weather.gov) to be much more accurate and informative. Pop in your zip code and you're good to go.

There's even a mobile version. :p Ad free too.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't even check weather on TV, considering their "local" forecasts here (try to) cover half the eastern coast and two States inland.

Find the noaa site (forecast.weather.gov) to be much more accurate and informative. Pop in your zip code and you're good to go.

There's even a mobile version. :p Ad free too.
Mobile version? I use a stupid phone.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like Intellicast on both my phone and Ipad. Pretty good graphics for radar. The weather channel is useless, too busy doing weather drama shit instead of showing what the weather is actually doing.

Grilled a couple nice T-bones on the grill over coals and had a couple nice bake potatoes with them. Rascal says Buuuuuuuuuuuurp. :D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Intellicast on both my phone and Ipad. Pretty good graphics for radar. The weather channel is useless, too busy doing weather drama shit instead of showing what the weather is actually doing.

Grilled a couple nice T-bones on the grill over coals and had a couple nice bake potatoes with them. Rascal says Buuuuuuuuuuuurp. :D
I generally use Accuweather on my PC

VU Sponsors