Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went and looked..it's a Rocket extraction blender or something like that. The nutribullet was out of my price range. :) I use mine mainly in the morning. I throw frozen mango, frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, kale and carrot in it, along with almond milk and Greek yogurt. Yum!
Indeed, I make a different combination of veggies and fruit each time, it NEVER gets boring.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wanna join in. I have gained weight!!! And really need to get about 10 lbs off.
I know but until you go on a diet and stop drinking wine, you can't join, you have to do the first step yourself :)
The Great Fugee Pork Off of 2017:idea:
LOL

I was going to but Emily helped :inlove:

Morning

I'm headed off to bed. It was another busy, busy night at work. I hope you all have a good one! :)

You can cash that check today I hope o_O

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
know but until you go on a diet and stop drinking wine, you can't join, you have to do the first step yourself
Oh I know. Not worth the calories when dieting. I couldn't have lost the 30 pounds I gained when my mom died drinking weekend wine. That stuff will pack on the pounds!!!
Well, I'm not exercising today since I'm sick but I'll do some stretches.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm one of the weirdos that loves vegies. But maybe I should still look into that since I catch EVERYTHING that goes around. I'm home sick today. Can't believe it. Was feeling better yesterday and now I feel worse. :(
Atcha, do you take vitamins? I used to catch everything that goes around too until I started taking a multi vitamin everyday. It doesn't replace eating right but I'll be the first to admit that I don't and probably never will, so they help me to replace what I don't get.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I know. Not worth the calories when dieting. I couldn't have lost the 30 pounds I gained when my mom died drinking weekend wine. That stuff will pack on the pounds!!!
Well, I'm not exercising today since I'm sick but I'll do some stretches.
I'm only joking (((Atcha))) Support is here no matter what, with or without wine lol

Oh and get well soon.

Last edited:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Atcha, do you take vitamins? I used to catch everything that goes around too until I started taking a multi vitamin everyday. It doesn't replace eating right but I'll be the first to admit that I don't and probably never will, so they help me to replace what I don't get.
Yes I do. I've always been like this unfortunately.
So is sugar if it comes from beats :cool:
And sugar cane. :sneaka:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This space fell into a working data cell and could not index its PIC value, garbage collection via cleverly crufted in CLIsp ate the PIC that it was and its remains found /dev/null.

Wouldn't waste the money either. You can find the information on the interweb.

@JuicyLucy

Look up kale, water cress, field cress, turmeric, parsley. Parsley or coriander either one help eliminate toxins naturally in your body.

Also if you're going toward weight loss try using some plantain leaves or even seeds tossed into salad / juice serving once every three days. Plantain is quite potent from my experience so go slowly erring on the cautious side with it. Plantain is high in a type of fiber which binds itself in your colon to waste matter so as to provide mucus. In short it ensures everything comes out right in the end.

I would suggest only using it two weeks per month, possibly every other month. Potent yes, but still a mild way to help your body eliminate toxins, waste. Simply being potent doesn't mean it's dangerous per say, merely one has to go slow using it and listen to their own body to know doses. Plantain is also called "White Man Tracks / White Man Footprint" as the Europeans coming to America brought it over in spores from it lacing their clothes. Wherever the White Man goes, plantain grows.

Asparagus is also good for you. Toss in some cabbage, baby spinach leafs. You'll want some good color balance so use carrots, orange bell peppers (they have 5 times the vitamin C that 1 orange does), tomatoes, sweet potatoes or yams (these are what NASA suggests as THE super food for astronauts staying in space, all sorts of bounding with being nutritious). As to color balance always try to "Eat the rainbow" getting as many various colors you can to go into a serving. As you're doing up salads / juices you can make up batches of servings. Might even be able to freeze some, or dry some out for a bit longer term storage.

Don't "cook" veggies & herbs, if you're boiling you're too hot. The heat saps out the nutrients. Yes, warm them up just enough to send any microbes, bacteria scurrying off but do not "kill" veggies and herbs that are "living" food by "cooking" them. If needed take longer "tenderizing/sauteing" your veggies and herbs at lower heat.

Remember also to do the simple things. :)

1. Breathe.
2. Enjoy at least 15 minutes a day in sunlight, outside in the fresh air. Oxygen does wonders in our blood streams. :)
One of mom's "stories" which have a kernel of truth, her and some nurses she worked with would crank oxygen to knock off their hangovers. It works too, quite well. :):yes:
3. Keep your body's pH level between, 6.8 LOW to 7.4 HIGH. Going the high side makes your body more alkaline, the low side is acidic. Neutral is 7, we as humans are okay to about 7.4, many suggest a range 6.9 to 7.2 as being optimal.
4. Vape, don't smoke.
5. Live, Learn, Love, Laugh all liberally.
6. Careful trusting mixed nuts like some Morely guy out of WV who thinks pine nuts need to come pre-boiled out. Use your own common sense, trust but verify. I'll genuinely and honestly not ever intentionally, knowingly steer someone wrong in such advice. Still do use your own judgment & care.
7. 'Member, you're never alone, even though some of us are miles upon miles apart we're together in being family. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

See if you can get more B complex vitamins into yourself, B3, B6, B12 especially. These will help your body digest further and convert foods more easily into energy and nutrients it needs. Even with a multivitamin it reads as though need more B vitamins. Again though, i'm just some nutcase. *grin*

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember also to do the simple things. :)

1. Breathe.
2. Enjoy at least 15 minutes a day in sunlight, outside in the fresh air. Oxygen does wonders in our blood streams. :)
One of mom's "stories" which have a kernel of truth, her and some nurses she worked with would crank oxygen to knock off their hangovers. It works too, quite well. :):yes:
3. Keep your body's pH level between, 6.8 LOW to 7.4 HIGH. Going the high side makes your body more alkaline, the low side is acidic. Neutral is 7, we as humans are okay to about 7.4, many suggest a range 6.9 to 7.2 as being optimal.
4. Vape, don't smoke.
5. Live, Learn, Love, Laugh all liberally.
6. Careful trusting mixed nuts like some Morely guy out of WV who thinks pine nuts need to come pre-boiled out. Use your own common sense, trust but verify. I'll genuinely and honestly not ever intentionally, knowingly steer someone wrong in such advice. Still do use your own judgment & care.
7. 'Member, you're never alone, even though some of us are miles upon miles apart we're together in being family. :)

1 - Got to all I'll die
2 - No chance of that in UK atm
3 - No idea what your on about lol
4 - Yay, I got one
5 - Laughing I struggle with atm
6 - I'm allergic to nuts
7 - Amen to that one

Yes indeed, all indexed by the cellulose casings according to your daily meals. "Oh look, there's the carrots and peas I had Tuesday."
Sweetcorn is the only one that comes out as it went in, I gave my dog sweetcorn too and the same happened to her lol I thought to myself looking up the garden, what's all those yellow bits in it, closer inspection and I started laughing.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please, someone coffee me? I've had two cups and am barely feeling the mild shakes from the caffeine over dose. More will help me bounce off the walls more splendidly, yes, I so need to bounce from them too. I was lost in a sea of mish mash Cobol learning this morning. My brain, erm, um, well something in my skull asploded and I'm still seeing fuzzy lights.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You might try Echinacea + Vit C. My husband and I always keep those on hand, and take them immediately if we begin to notice what might be symptoms of a cold -- take them at night before bed, and wake up the next morning going "what cold?" It strengthens the immune system to fight off assorted bad guys, but is particularly effective against colds.

We also take them if we've been around or near anyone who might have cold/flu, to *prevent* ever getting sick, and they work well for that, too.

Andria

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please, someone coffee me? I've had two cups and am barely feeling the mild shakes from the caffeine over dose. More will help me bounce off the walls more splendidly, yes, I so need to bounce from them too. I was lost in a sea of mish mash Cobol learning this morning. My brain, erm, um, well something in my skull asploded and I'm still seeing fuzzy lights.
When I think of COBOL my eyes instantly glaze over and I go into a trance that takes days for my brain to recover. I'm so glad that language is far behind me and that I never have to revisit it. :rolleyes:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might try Echinacea + Vit C. My husband and I always keep those on hand, and take them immediately if we begin to notice what might be symptoms of a cold -- take them at night before bed, and wake up the next morning going "what cold?" It strengthens the immune system to fight off assorted bad guys, but is particularly effective against colds.

We also take them if we've been around or near anyone who might have cold/flu, to *prevent* ever getting sick, and they work well for that, too.

Andria
Hi Andria :wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1 - Got to all I'll die
2 - No chance of that in UK atm
3 - No idea what your on about lol
4 - Yay, I got one
5 - Laughing I struggle with atm
6 - I'm allergic to nuts
7 - Amen to that one

Sweetcorn is the only one that comes out as it went in, I gave my dog sweetcorn too and the same happened to her lol I thought to myself looking up the garden, what's all those yellow bits in it, closer inspection and I started laughing.

Number two, all kinds of froggy here as well. Good day for SAS training run or SBS to go lay in the channel and wait three days for a boat to go over. Really dreary, lovely weather. :) That is if you are used to being comfortable, while uncofortable. I had planned to get firewood in this morn, rain put me off. It may fare away and I still yet get there.

Number three might go back to G&Ts a bit, if you use lime in your G&Ts that is, the lime would be acidic and bump up your body's own acidic level. Not sure if you've ever done dish washing in a restaurant, they have you check the water pH levels in doing so. Soap, sanitizer and the water itself can be too high alkaline or acidic to be on human skin much less later ingested in trace amounts when the dishes are used again in service.

These two ratios, acid & alkaline keep our bodies balanced chemically. Humans are very close to neutral as water is intended to be, unless brackish and then it is too alkaline and can burn your skin by depleting the moisture / water content. Too acidic and it unbinds the water molecules burning you via the exothermic energy release of being too wet.

Chemistry is fun stuff, what little of it I'm a bit comprehending although it's not much and may be erroneous from ignorance. I can always learn though. :)

Number five, sorry to hear that. I'll offer a trite joke, sorry if it's beyond trite and pathetic but hey, a mate has to try. What do you call a bus load of solicitors on the bottom of the ocean? ... A damn good start.

Number six, I cannot eat peanuts any more, peanut butter sure but not peanuts themselves. I get diverticulitis severely if I do. As mentioned I think, I had a strawberry for the first time in years last week. Small seeds can set off diverticulitis as well. I think ultimately though it returns to moderation. That and I used to eat Mexican food, one or two dishes include the boiling soft of bones. You are supposed to eat the boiled bones for the marrow. Well, guess somewhere, that someone didn't quite get the bones boiled out properly. Thinking that may have had a hand as well.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And hey gang... ran across this on AndroidPIT this morning, and all I can say is WHAT A SHOCKER! (as I roll my eyes):

"The head of Samsung's mobile communications division, Koh Dong-jin, took to the stage to tell the world what they had discovered in their investigation into the Galaxy Note 7 problems. The official cause has - finally - been disclosed.

The investigation was carried out internally, with external experts from UL, Exponent and TUV Rheinland AG who confirmed the results at the press conference. Samsung used more than 200,000 devices in their thorough testing to look closely at various features, like water resistance, charging with the USB Type-C, fast charging, wireless charging, the software and even the iris scanner. Once no problems were found during the initial internal testing, those third parties were brought in to examine the production process. In the end, the cause turned out to be the battery.
"

:giggle:
Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And hey gang... ran across this on AndroidPIT this morning, and all I can say is WHAT A SHOCKER! (as I roll my eyes):

"The head of Samsung's mobile communications division, Koh Dong-jin, took to the stage to tell the world what they had discovered in their investigation into the Galaxy Note 7 problems. The official cause has - finally - been disclosed.

The investigation was carried out internally, with external experts from UL, Exponent and TUV Rheinland AG who confirmed the results at the press conference. Samsung used more than 200,000 devices in their thorough testing to look closely at various features, like water resistance, charging with the USB Type-C, fast charging, wireless charging, the software and even the iris scanner. Once no problems were found during the initial internal testing, those third parties were brought in to examine the production process. In the end, the cause turned out to be the battery.
"

:giggle:
Andria

Neverrrrrrrrrrrr! NO! Not the battery! *grin*

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pissed this evening..everyone else got paid today. In orientation, they told us our first 2 pay checks would be paper checks until they got us into the system. Fine..doesn't matter to me as I know where the bank is AND how to use it. I get to work expecting a paper check to be handed to me and what do I get told? It's being mailed to me...from Chicago!!!! I should have it by next Tuesday. I looked at the HR manager and said Tuesday??? I got bills that need to be paid this weekend!! He said sorry. My satellite is already off, been off since Tuesday now my internet will be cut off probably tomorrow. So if you don't see me on here until after next Tuesday you know what happened. :blech::xD::cuss2::cuss2::cuss2::gaah::gaah:
Hand them the bill and say "Pay up now"

VU Sponsors