Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
11 times out of 10, & three times on Sunday I'll pic a DNA mod over any POS the illustrious fucking Kanger puts on the market. Fuck Kanger
Sure but I have been using a Kbox Mini mod daily for over 1.5 years without one fault. Paint is only chipped a bit on a couple of corners where I dropped it.
I have 2 more spares I picked up for $18 each that I am not sure when I will ever get to use them.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
11 times out of 10, & three times on Sunday I'll pic a DNA mod over any POS the illustrious fucking Kanger puts on the market. Fuck Kanger

I've never had a DNA nor am I very likely to (too expensive for me), but I'll definitely go along with that. Fuck Kanger indeed!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am not in the market for another regulated squonker - but Todd is one reviewer I deeply respect.

I only went against one of his pans and he was right :eek:

Have never been disappointed after buying something he liked
Yep Todd is one of my fav reviewers and I respect his opinions. However is does suffer from Shinyitis and Matchy Matchy ;)

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right, I don't. :giggle: But.. what's that you say? Painful? Unpleasant? You wouldn't be a little... CRANKY... would you??? ;)

Andria
More worried but yeah, I was probably cranky, it was years ago.

7 Kanger devices and no problems out of any of them.
The TC on the dripboxes is nice and smooth.
Now the TC on a Kbox mini 70w I have is wavy. Only complaint I have with any of them.
It depends what your used to and what you have to compare it against.

Not going to be a DNA snob but they are a dam good board. You only get what you pay for. (most of the time)

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That was brave :devil:
It's hilarious!!!!! I'm sorry. But some women really are HORRIBLE when on the rag. I mean scary shit! If they're that bad, there's meds out there for it. This woman at work is so rotten that time of the month, we have it on our calendars to avoid her. Seriously, she'll bite your head off and spit it out and then stomp on it!!! No kidding!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's hilarious!!!!! I'm sorry. But some women really are HORRIBLE when on the rag. I mean scary shit! If they're that bad, there's meds out there for it. This woman at work is so rotten that time of the month, we have it on our calendars to avoid her. Seriously, she'll bite your head off and spit it out and then stomp on it!!! No kidding!

I was like that a little, but only sometimes. Mostly my PMS was the tear factory. "Why don't you think I'm pretty? Why don't you love me?" boohoohoo... that kind of stupid shit. I know a lot of men don't want "relations" during that time, and I can't blame them.... but my husband never really cared, and that did more for my PMS and self-esteem than ANYTHING he could have said.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG lol! I know the feeling. That's how I was.

Rats!! I knew that. Guess I wasn't aware it wasn't a tank. :oops:

It's actually sort of a cross between a tank and an RDA, just because it holds so much -- 2.5ml -- same as the T3S's I started with. But thank god, it's an RDA, so it's top fill, has none of those infuriating "vacuum" issues... and never leaks unless I go bonkers filling it. :D Easy to build, too -- pretty much the same as a Kayfun, just with longer tails on the wick, and a little bit more room to work. Simplicity itself. :)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@The Cromwell

I've never owned a Kanger mod (for cheap regulated mods, I like iSticks, lol) but I did vape the shit out of the size giant Kanger Aerotank for a long time
Ohh you like the ones that blow up?
I have had great luck with Kanger mods, what can I say.
the only Istick I have owned is the little Istick Basic. It was pretty good with the little GS Air 2 tank.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@The Cromwell

I've never owned a Kanger mod (for cheap regulated mods, I like iSticks, lol) but I did vape the shit out of the size giant Kanger Aerotank for a long time

I started with Kanger attys, those T3S's, a couple Protank Mini II's, and a Hypertank II; they were ok for just starting out, very inexpensive, and when you get to the point of learning to build coils, if you can rebuild those tiny protank heads, anything else is a piece o'cake. :D But the only Kanger mod I've had was one of the very few mod-failures I've had -- one of my iStick30's started discharging itself very rapidly even when turned off... and my Kanger Kbox Mini went completely defunct just from a slow 3' fall *inside* my purse (didn't drop the purse, it just kinda slid off very slowly onto the floor). The Coolfire IV that was right beside it was just fine -- I've flung one of those with great velocity from my lap HARD onto concrete and it was still just fine! -- but the Kbox was dead as a doornail. Piece of shit!

Andria

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used evods and T3S's for a while. Were ok but would sometimes dump juice on ya.

The Kanger Subtank Mini now is a very good tank when using the RBA. Factory coils kinda meh.
Been using primarially 1 STM for 1.5 years now and NO issues,
I did break the glass on another one. But I have 20 or so spare glasses.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It was pretty much just the 50's I think.

I'm not a Kanger hater - just have never used their mods.

When I went looking for my first regulated mod, the IStick 50 was the very best I could afford with a built in battery. Loved it, and have just stuck with Eleaf for cheap mods ever since.

My fifty still works despite some pretty rough handling and untold amounts of juice leaking into and onto it while I was trying to learn how to build RTAs, :p

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jesus, a hatchet :eek: but yeah they don't like to do it young in case she has a change of heart but personally the decision should be hers not theirs...it's HER body.

I agree, even feel the same in regards of abortion. Sure, I might desire letting life be life and might suggest adoption. Ultimately though if a lady needed someone to go with her to sit in waiting room at the clinic, I would be there for her and take her home if needed. That's her choice not mine.

My wife she has never had any maternal inclinations. It's just not what she wants in life, and she doesn't ever think it will be. If we ever decide upon that we'd need to adopt at any given as I cannot sire children. Everything works but my led isn't potent enough and won't be. I've given up on any illusions about that.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just ate my 33rd(!!!!) bowl of green leafy vegetables since Jan. 4, and have avoided all sugars, fats, carbs from grain (except a small amount of popcorn the last two Saturdays), all highly processed foods and no juice whatsoever since my diagnosis.

As of last week, I'd lost seven pounds and just took a measurement, have lost 2 and 3/4 inches from my waistline :eek:

I'm not quite 5 feet tall, so that is pretty significant

Feeling a lot less shitty since my diagnosis, but still have a long way to go :p

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ate my 33rd(!!!!) bowl of green leafy vegetables since Jan. 4, and have avoided all sugars, fats, carbs from grain (except a small amount of popcorn the last two Saturdays), all highly processed foods and no juice whatsoever since my diagnosis.

As of last week, I'd lost seven pounds and just took a measurement, have lost 2 and 3/4 inches from my waistline :eek:

Feeling a lot less shitty since my diagnosis, but still have a long way to go :p
Nice one Lucy well done to you, I'm on the same journey atm, lost 6lb and tomorrow I'm starting my workouts, that's going to help a lot. We can support each other if you want, we'll get there. I've been skinny most of life but the past 5 years, especially since I retired from work its just hit my stomach and man boobs ha

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That's awesome Lucy!!!!! You go girl!!!!:banana:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice one Lucy well done to you, I'm on the same journey atm, lost 6lb and tomorrow I'm starting my workouts, that's going to help a lot. We can support each other if you want, we'll get there. I've been skinny most of life but the past 5 years, especially since I retired from work its just hit my stomach and man boobs ha
I wanna join in. I have gained weight!!! And really need to get about 10 lbs off.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would also, just once, love to see a man gestate and give birth to a child. I'm thinking we'd have a complete redefinition of which is the "weaker sex." :giggle:

Some of us actually do "get it", though. And no this is not about me being bisexual or anything. It is about being human and having empathy for other humans, man or woman. We take needed time to come to a comprehension of what is going on and don't patronize. In fact we do think that possibly women are the "stronger" gender. We also comprehend the cosmos plays sick ass jokes too. It lets us a species be highly conversant in knowledge, wisdom yet also allows for total iconic stupidity in the same blush. Ergo, we find solace that somewhere in the middle lies a subtle and sublime peace.

We're all human until someone says "yes, but her skin color is different", "sure, but he believes rocks are gods set to lead us to to some plane of existence where humans are worshiped", "yeah, but they are a bunch of Luddite troglodytes of the Yellow Belly political party and not us, the Green Nosed political party". At which point we realize all bets may as well be defenestrated as we set watching Three Stooges and sipping some tonic. It's all in a round about way the same at any given.

Yes, I do understand your point. I agree with you but also see a valid counter point that is a bit more objective. Human being cannot handle true Justice as it is not fair at all, fair is a human concept that nature has no need of abiding. Nature too causes us each to be who and what we are to a good degree. After that it is a matter of our choice, yes, but do we genuinely have much choice if there are only two options, love and hate? If that seems to break the Hegelian dialectic so be it. At least I'm thinking for myself and not some dumb "Little Man".

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some of us actually do "get it", though. And no this is not about me being bisexual or anything. It is about being human and having empathy for other humans, man or woman. We take needed time to come to a comprehension of what is going on and don't patronize. In fact we do think that possibly women are the "stronger" gender. We also comprehend the cosmos plays sick ass jokes too. It lets us a species be highly conversant in knowledge, wisdom yet also allows for total iconic stupidity in the same blush. Ergo, we find solace that somewhere in the middle lies a subtle and sublime peace.

We're all human until someone says "yes, but her skin color is different", "sure, but he believes rocks are gods set to lead us to to some plane of existence where humans are worshiped", "yeah, but they are a bunch of Luddite troglodytes of the Yellow Belly political party and not us, the Green Nosed political party". At which point we realize all bets may as well be defenestrated as we set watching Three Stooges and sipping some tonic. It's all in a round about way the same at any given.

Yes, I do understand your point. I agree with you but also see a valid counter point that is a bit more objective. Human being cannot handle true Justice as it is not fair at all, fair is a human concept that nature has no need of abiding. Nature too causes us each to be who and what we are to a good degree. After that it is a matter of our choice, yes, but do we genuinely have much choice if there are only two options, love and hate? If that seems to break the Hegelian dialectic so be it. At least I'm thinking for myself and not some dumb "Little Man".
That was deep. I'll have to read this when I get my ADHD meds. It would take me 45 minutes to read and comprehend it. So, what I'm saying is that you are correct on the part of not being some dumb "Little Man".

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Great Fugee Pork Off of 2017:idea:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That was deep. I'll have to read this when I get my ADHD meds. It would take me 45 minutes to read and comprehend it. So, what I'm saying is that you are correct on the part of not being some dumb "Little Man".

*chuckles* Well I need to get ready for supper. Wife's having it at her mom's tonight. Not so dumb here to not go down.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Great news Lucy!!! :stars:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Speaking of Juice...have you tried one of the Bullet blenders?....love um, you can get 10 bowls of salad in one drink, which actually tastes delicious when a tiny bit of fruit is added....these things are AMAZING https://www.nutribullet.com/ wouldn't be without...AND....they don't remove the fiber. I use coconut water to bend the veggies.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of Juice...have you tried one of the Bullet blenders?....love um, you can get 10 bowls of salad in one drink, which actually tastes delicious when a tiny bit of fruit is added....these things are AMAZING https://www.nutribullet.com/ wouldn't be without...AND....they don't remove the fiber. I use coconut water to bend the veggies.

I meant to ask my DR if I could do. I had a bazzilion followup questions but didn't get them all written down, that was one of them

I've seen those but never used one - will do it if he gives the okay

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I meant to ask my DR if I could do. I had a bazzilion followup questions but didn't get them all written down, that was one of them

I've seen those but never used one - will do it if he gives the okay
Its no different than eating a salad, you're just drinking it, but you can add many really good HIGH antioxidant veggies many people don't care for, and toss in a Kiwi for fantastic flavor, with a touch of cinnamon....YUm YUM

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'll see what he says

I asked if he'd refer me to a nutritionist or a dietician and he said no - that they would countermand what he wants me to eat :blah:

In reality, I've not been well since just before the new year and not liking it one bit but have been getting better

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll see what he says

I asked if he'd refer me to a nutritionist or a dietician and he said no - that they would countermand what he wants me to eat :blah:

In reality, I've not been well since just before the new year and not liking it one bit but have been getting better
Wouldn't waste the money either. You can find the information on the interweb.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is a clone of the nutribullet. I got it at Walmart. I use it almost every day.

LynnNC

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went and looked..it's a Rocket extraction blender or something like that. The nutribullet was out of my price range. :) I use mine mainly in the morning. I throw frozen mango, frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, kale and carrot in it, along with almond milk and Greek yogurt. Yum!

VU Sponsors