Become a Patron!

ECF Refugee Thread All welcome

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a rough week. Insomnia was kicking my ass earlier in the week, so I had to get very serious about getting up early(er) so I could get to bed by a decent-ish time. And I was doing very well with that... but then Friday night, night before we had to go and do my stepfather's housework, my insomnia pitched its usual fit about the fact that I had set an alarm clock and actually had to get up and be useful the next day. I got 4 hrs sleep, but still had to go do housework. Our son went along and he helped me a lot, doing the vacuuming, the more physical part of the work. So I got to bed about 12:30 last night, and slept till 10am, feeling quite refreshed. I'm thinking I'll stick to my "more normal" hours, and stop staying up till 4am, because it's too hard to wrench it back to normal when I actually have to get up and do things the next day.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I finally ordered that Caiman v4 RDA that @Cosmic put me onto. 1.7mm inner airhole is about .5mm bigger than the Achilles' inner, but it's a small enough diff that if the flavor is there, shouldn't matter too much; I've gotten used to other slightly looser vapes like the Magma and my old KFL+'s. Crossing my fingers that this can be a reasonable alternative to my Achilles.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
R.I.P Fugee thread......

(and GFY :p )

Bah! Fuggies dies off the whole Farce as you know it will collapse in on itself leaving this gaping void in six universes for so it is written.

We don't let that shit happen. We're too damn tough as nails, we survive and live on. That's us and we don't give a rat's ass if you like it or not. If we off end you, good, "so, you're off ended so what?" You think fuggies care if you off ended. Nah, ...

image.png

See? We always can count on the Count. He'll tell you the same thing every fugie knows, this old world it's a bitch and out to knee cap you, it'll put you on your ass if you let it. So don't let it. Go fuck yourself first because without love it don't happen and you can beat the world to fucking you over, you win, game over. Toss in another quarter and go again. Ain't like we'll ever run out of quarters. ;) :)

Some of us we doing that silly life and living bit. Some of us climbing back out of a hole.

Do we know where we're going? Nope. We'll get there quicker though.

I've been having some days of feeling out of sorts. Been piddling with coils, working at a knitting/weaving thing a bit, doing yoga, keeping house. A whole lot of nothing as Spanky used to say while wearing his Crocs with Socks. it seems life at the moment is like frozen in that moment of a long field goal kick, ... "aaaaaaaannnnnnddddd iiiiiiitttttt'sssssss ......". Not heard anything from the library regarding janitor position. Might be I've been away from "work" so long that, that is a detriment to considering hiring me, anywhere.

Wish I could have enthusiasm to do something but I keep coming back to an empty husk and lost as far as writing goes. I might get a story idea but nothing stands up to the "So what" test question. if I can't care about it to write it, readers will know and frankly readers won't care to read it. I need to write it for myself sure, but that's just it too, I can't become engaged to any idea for a story that gets beyond asking so what, why do I care?

In that sense it's ... :deadhorse::poop:.

There's no medication for that, and talking doesn't help or solve it either. You either got it there in you or you don't. My not having it goes back to Kallmann's. No, that's not a crutch either, it actually is what it is. The hormones don't get all teenie bopper gangbusters for me, never have or will. I don't do giddy. *sighs*

Well, need to go take Shrek out for a bit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:hug:missed all you guys!

Same here. I haven't been spending much time on the forum lately, just here and there in the Morning Vape thread. I think I'm sick, though I'm not terribly sure with what... Probably sinus infection again, but this time, the eustachian tube on the left seems to be involved. Trying to force fluids and echinacea/Vit C to try and avoid a Dr visit and antibiotics.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin fugee's :)

Been kinda busy around here too. Had a lil heart event this week. Kinda a mini heart attack and every one freaked the hell out over it. With my sister dying of a coronary event early this month has everyone so damn over protected that its actually starting to piss me off. I was cutting my moms grass this weekend and it was beautiful. Around 80 with a light breeze and it felt great being outside. I finished my moms lawn and it was just sittling on a lawnmower steering it. No physical effort at all and I was feeling good. I drove the mower back to my house and cut Rascals area and was thinking of tackling a two acre section of my lawn that needed cutting but I wanted some water and to check on Rascal first so was gonna take a few minutes break and then get back to cutting some more. Such a beautiful day I wanted to be out in it. I climbed off the mower and started feeling real bad real fast and I didnt make 5 steps before I felt like something was squeezing the shit out of my heart.
Made it into the house and called the ex. She was here in less than 5 minutes and took me to the ER bitching the whole way because I didnt call 911. Anyways the blood test shows I had a cardiac event but not a full blown heart attack. They contacted me cardiologist and then gave me the option to be admitted for test or see my cardiologist and I opted for plan B. I have not heard the end to that yet. SO now I am not allowed to do a damn thing. Yesterday I snuck out and ran to the store. I needed my prescriptions and something to cook for dinner. That wiped me out and it shouldnt have so yeah, there is something wrong but damn, as soon as my mom seen me she knew I wasnt feeling well. So she calls the ex who is not so much an ex anymore, that girl did a lot to redeem herself especially with my sister passing away. She was a god send for my mom and nieces and went way beyond the call of duty for them. She showed up and I get read the riot act but for once I shut up and took it. I couldnt say anything because the more she rode my ass the more the tears was coming down her cheeks so I have no doubt she doing it because she loves me and is scared for me. I was put on the couch and ordered not to get up. Crap. I understand but I dont have to like it! Im not even allowed to spend the night alone "just in case 911 needs to be called". Jeez............
Today I find out if I will be put in the hospital or not. The ER doc said that more than likely they will want to go into my viens again and check for blockage or if my stint moved. Will see today.

Didnt mean to write a book :p Hope yalls weekend was better than mine!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Been kinda busy around here too. Had a lil heart event this week. Kinda a mini heart attack and every one freaked the hell out over it. With my sister dying of a coronary event early this month has everyone so damn over protected that its actually starting to piss me off. I was cutting my moms grass this weekend and it was beautiful. Around 80 with a light breeze and it felt great being outside. I finished my moms lawn and it was just sittling on a lawnmower steering it. No physical effort at all and I was feeling good. I drove the mower back to my house and cut Rascals area and was thinking of tackling a two acre section of my lawn that needed cutting but I wanted some water and to check on Rascal first so was gonna take a few minutes break and then get back to cutting some more. Such a beautiful day I wanted to be out in it. I climbed off the mower and started feeling real bad real fast and I didnt make 5 steps before I felt like something was squeezing the shit out of my heart.
Made it into the house and called the ex. She was here in less than 5 minutes and took me to the ER bitching the whole way because I didnt call 911. Anyways the blood test shows I had a cardiac event but not a full blown heart attack. They contacted me cardiologist and then gave me the option to be admitted for test or see my cardiologist and I opted for plan B. I have not heard the end to that yet. SO now I am not allowed to do a damn thing. Yesterday I snuck out and ran to the store. I needed my prescriptions and something to cook for dinner. That wiped me out and it shouldnt have so yeah, there is something wrong but damn, as soon as my mom seen me she knew I wasnt feeling well. So she calls the ex who is not so much an ex anymore, that girl did a lot to redeem herself especially with my sister passing away. She was a god send for my mom and nieces and went way beyond the call of duty for them. She showed up and I get read the riot act but for once I shut up and took it. I couldnt say anything because the more she rode my ass the more the tears was coming down her cheeks so I have no doubt she doing it because she loves me and is scared for me. I was put on the couch and ordered not to get up. Crap. I understand but I dont have to like it! Im not even allowed to spend the night alone "just in case 911 needs to be called". Jeez............
Today I find out if I will be put in the hospital or not. The ER doc said that more than likely they will want to go into my viens again and check for blockage or if my stint moved. Will see today.

Hope you get better quick, Choppie! We need our choppie as full of piss and vinegar as always!!! :hug: :blowkiss:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just still trying to figure out what the HELL is going on with my own body. No temp, or maybe a few tenths of a degree last night; I was headachey again so I went ahead and took some ibuprofen. Then, right before I was gonna hit the sack, I discovered that my left elbow had some kind of serious problem -- a small scab I had "picked at" a few days ago has apparently gotten grievously infected, and what I saw was this huge hard swelling, redness all around it, and a little "white" head poking out of it, showing that there's an abscess there -- my entire body is prone to them, I';ve even had them on the bottom of my feet and other weird places; my dermatologist told me years ago that some folks have skin like this, a sort of "space" between the epidermis and dermis, and any little thing can turn into an abscess PDQ -- hence my acne going full-on pizzaface when I was a teenager. So now I'm doing the hot compress thing to my elbow, to try and get this abscess to surface so it can be treated. Got the Boil-Ease applied, a "drawing salve"... had to go and order more from Amazon since asshole walmart doesn't carry it anymore. Stupid fuckers.

All my bodily weirdnesses do seem quite minor compared to choppie's heart pitching a hissyfit. But now I don't know for sure if the fever Sat night was because of my E-N-T issue, or this horrible thing on my elbow. :facepalm:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn, Doc...hope your better today...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just still trying to figure out what the HELL is going on with my own body. No temp, or maybe a few tenths of a degree last night; I was headachey again so I went ahead and took some ibuprofen. Then, right before I was gonna hit the sack, I discovered that my left elbow had some kind of serious problem -- a small scab I had "picked at" a few days ago has apparently gotten grievously infected, and what I saw was this huge hard swelling, redness all around it, and a little "white" head poking out of it, showing that there's an abscess there -- my entire body is prone to them, I';ve even had them on the bottom of my feet and other weird places; my dermatologist told me years ago that some folks have skin like this, a sort of "space" between the epidermis and dermis, and any little thing can turn into an abscess PDQ -- hence my acne going full-on pizzaface when I was a teenager. So now I'm doing the hot compress thing to my elbow, to try and get this abscess to surface so it can be treated. Got the Boil-Ease applied, a "drawing salve"... had to go and order more from Amazon since asshole walmart doesn't carry it anymore. Stupid fuckers.

All my bodily weirdnesses do seem quite minor compared to choppie's heart pitching a hissyfit. But now I don't know for sure if the fever Sat night was because of my E-N-T issue, or this horrible thing on my elbow. :facepalm:

Andria
Damn again, hope your better too, Andria..!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just returned from having an MRI done, was having incredible pains in my abdomen, but the pain stopped a week ago, so I doubt anything will show in the MRI....but who knows.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just returned from having an MRI done, was having incredible pains in my abdomen, but the pain stopped a week ago, so I doubt anything will show in the MRI....but who knows.

That sounds like my excursion to the ER the year *before* I had the appendicitis; turned out, apparently, to be just massive painful gas trapped in my guts, from tomatoes -- apparently some people, particularly those with very slow digestion (like me!), have this problem with tomatoes, because of the extreme acidity -- the acid doesn't move along fast enough, so it causes terrible gas, which can be very painful, nauseating, etc. So now I avoid anything tomato-ish, though ketchup doesn't seem to bother me, and I scrape most of the sauce out from under the cheese when I have pizza, and take that "Beano" stuff both before and after eating it. But it sucks because I love spaghetti and lasagne, but tomatoes definitely do not love me.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Damn buddy, what you got against 911?

Put your feet up and gab with us you knucklehead - you can even do it from a hospital bed if it comes to that :hug:

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

I have boils like that at times too and damn they hurt. Thats why I keep some brand new pointy Xacto knife blades handy. If its big enough t hurt its big enough to stab and squeeze. I know they say dont ever do it that way but I been doing it for well over a decade and it doesnt get re-infects, the stinging stops instantly so I am happy.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn buddy, what you got against 911?

Put your feet up and gab with us you knucklehead - you can even do it from a hospital bed if it comes to that :hug:

Thats where I am at now. In a hospital bed and very unhappy.

I didnt want to call 911 because a certain herb that I like a lot but is frowned upon around here is in my house. I dont need paramedics and cops sniffing around that. Whats even worse is today is the first day in over a year that I havent been able to enjoy that kind of herb :p Ruined a good streak lol

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Hope your ok buddy. We keep this up we will have to rename the group the decrepit fugges :giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I didnt want to call 911 because a certain herb that I like a lot but is frowned upon around here is in my house. I dont need paramedics and cops sniffing around that. Whats even worse is today is the first day in over a year that I havent been able to enjoy that kind of herb :p Ruined a good streak lol
Doc....Sorry to hear your in the damn hospital, but it's probably a good idea for the night....:(

Get better SOON....!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well fugees. from wat I am hearing sounds like I am getting into congestive heart failure.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well fugees. from wat I am hearing sounds like I am getting into congestive heart failure.
Oh man, please don't be thinking that...nor let anyone there get you depressed, which can lead to some real health issues. Think positive, Doc....!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Fuckin' fuckers should not be snooping without a search warrant - but I'm glad you are getting medical attention Chop - look what happened to Hank, and he was younger than all of us

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have boils like that at times too and damn they hurt. Thats why I keep some brand new pointy Xacto knife blades handy. If its big enough t hurt its big enough to stab and squeeze. I know they say dont ever do it that way but I been doing it for well over a decade and it doesnt get re-infects, the stinging stops instantly so I am happy.

I do that too, with certain ones... but this one, the abscess hasn't yet "localized" enough to be entirely sure where it is; it's just a lot of general swelling and redness... though I'm happy to find that it appears somewhat less swollen this morning, and less red too, in the general area, so apparently the hot compress treatment is doing some good. I get real worried about these things when the redness extends too far past where the actual infection is, not a good sign at all. Last night, after the hot compress treatment (I was doing 10 mins of it, every 4 hrs yesterday), I dabbed some neosporin right in the center where the original scab was that I picked off... then some of the Boil-Ease around that, to help continue drawing the abscess, then put a loose bandaid over it (loose enough to breathe, but some cover against random touches), and then rubbed some aspercreme around on the swollen area of my arm, on the theory that salicylic acid is a potent anti-inflammatory... also took 3 ibuprofen, also to help with the inflammation. It's still a long way from well, but it's showing some improvement.

I hate to hear you're in a hospital bed, even if that really is where you need to be; those places are just horrible -- when I had the appendectomy, I insisted they do it outpatient, because barring anything unforeseen and drastic, I was going HOME right away when it was done. And I can't say I really blame you for your reason of not calling 911; when we had that trailer fire and I had no choice, I was really really leery about the cops wandering around in there, but fortunately our house was, at that time, kid-proofed (he was 8), so it was all put away, not even any paraphernalia left sitting around for a curious 8 yr old to pick up and go "what's this?" :D

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am still in the hospital but its not all bad. Just had a 2 year old princess give me a hug and then she ran by the door and started blowing me some kisses. Then she told me she loved me which was adorable. So its not all bad :p

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate to hear you're in a hospital bed, even if that really is where you need to be; those places are just horrible -- when I had the appendectomy, I insisted they do it outpatient, because barring anything unforeseen and drastic, I was going HOME right away when it was done. And I can't say I really blame you for your reason of not calling 911; when we had that trailer fire and I had no choice, I was really really leery about the cops wandering around in there, but fortunately our house was, at that time, kid-proofed (he was 8), so it was all put away, not even any paraphernalia left sitting around for a curious 8 yr old to pick up and go "what's this?" :D

Andria

went to reply and got side tracked and then dozed off :p

I tell everyone my place is not kid friendly with lots of loaded guns laying around. Most of them are not really loaded but only I know that and keeps peeps away. :) Then they go to my moms and I can visit when I am up to it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I tell everyone my place is not kid friendly with lots of loaded guns laying around. Most of them are not really loaded but only I know that and keeps peeps away. :) Then they go to my moms and I can visit when I am up to it.

Well, over the years I've learned: if cops can see something "in plain sight", then it's fair game and they don't need a warrant -- so I keep ALL that sort of shit put away, at all times -- the Seego Vhit Reload that I told you about doesn't show anything at all, so I don't worry too much about it sitting around; there's a bunch of vaporizers sitting around in here, between me and my son both vaping!

I also learned, some years ago, that if they are there executing a search warrant for something else, then even if they find a lil bit of smoke, they *usually* won't do anything about it; less than a qtr oz in this state is merely a "citable" offense, they write a ticket for it, and for something that piddly, they won't usually bother and give themselves the paperwork nor clog the courts worse than they already are. That depends on the cops, though; if they feel like being assholes and giving you a bad day, obviously they CAN.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Hope you get good answers soon! Wishing you my best from the Far North :wave:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am still in the hospital but its not all bad. Just had a 2 year old princess give me a hug and then she ran by the door and started blowing me some kisses. Then she told me she loved me which was adorable. So its not all bad :p
Doc...this is a good video about heart health.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I thought marriage just caused selective deafness. :D My husband's nearly deaf already, from years of working in factories and not using ear protectors. His favorite word, apparently, is "HUH?" :giggle:

Andria

You too huh?

Weird because he can't seem to hear a word I say but will wake up in the middle of the night if I drop a piece of paper on the carpet or a cotton ball on the counter :blech:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You too huh?

Weird because he can't seem to hear a word I say but will wake up in the middle of the night if I drop a piece of paper on the carpet or a cotton ball on the counter :blech:

I guess that's the up-side of my husband's literal near-deafness -- I think we could probably have a houseparty without waking him. :giggle: In the past I worried about the microwave beeping when I'm warming milk for cocoa late at night... but he never hears it. When it comes to his not having heard things I've said over and over, I'm never sure if he actually didn't hear it, or just tuned me out-- in his case, could go either way. :facepalm:

But my son and I will both be very happy if my husband ever bites the bullet and gets a hearing aid. Living with people who are THAT hard of hearing is a real trial. Then when I SPEAK UP ENOUGH SO HE CAN HEAR ME, he hollers "don't yell at me!" :facepalm: I can't win.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought marriage just caused selective deafness. :D My husband's nearly deaf already, from years of working in factories and not using ear protectors. His favorite word, apparently, is "HUH?" :giggle:

Andria
The wife unit is the nearly deaf on in this partnership.
Combine that with some oldtimers and you have confusion...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The wife unit is the nearly deaf on in this partnership.
Combine that with some oldtimers and you have confusion...

Well, I usually answer to "old bat" because my ears are quite like a bat's. :D Eyes are horrible, but my ears are nearly as keen as my nose.

Andria

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any news on how you are going to get better?

They say I have congestive heart failure now. Diuretics for the rest of my life. Its not a death sentence (yet). Many people been on them for years and years. They also said I didnt have a full blown heart attack last week end but a cardiac event. The echo cardiogram showed no damage from it.

In June my heart doc said everything looked great and put me on 6 month check ups. Now three months later I have this crap. Im thinking my cardiologist is a fool.

Good news is I am home!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

Im lucky. after many years of working on turbine engines, many times standing right next to a running turbine with no hearing protection ( 30 years ago when i started no one cared about that stuff) and the ex voice falls right in that range I have a hard time hearing. Thats my story and Im sticking to it :p

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They say I have congestive heart failure now. Diuretics for the rest of my life. Its not a death sentence (yet). Many people been on them for years and years. They also said I didnt have a full blown heart attack last week end but a cardiac event. The echo cardiogram showed no damage from it.

In June my heart doc said everything looked great and put me on 6 month check ups. Now three months later I have this crap. Im thinking my cardiologist is a fool.

Good news is I am home!

Me too - you've talked about some pretty serious symptoms for a couple of years now - it's been very obvious that you did not have a clean bill of health heart-wise

We are rooting for you Chop!

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Evening fugees :p

Been a good day. Went and seen Rascal and he just freaked the hell out. He always gets rambunctious when I go to his mommys house but today he was off the scales. Me thinks he was very worried about his pops. :) He was here when me and his mommy went to the docs office and the doc admitted me to the hospital from his office so Rascals mommy went to my house that night and took him home with her in my car. Little boy didnt know what was going on and where his pops was and things was not the way they are suppose to be and he was worried about me. :) I didnt bring him home with me today and I know he is upset but I wanted to wait a few days to adjust before getting the big lug.

Also went shopping today. Got some heart healthy food like chicken, pork, fresh veggies and anything else was strictly low sodium. I been a steak and potatoes guy my whole life but it sounds like that will be off the menu for a long time. Sounds like no more home made smoked bacon or anything like that again :( Now I gotta research heart healthy seasonings and rubs and grilling sauces.

Smoking is a thing of the past now and I am back to full time vaping. I was also informed a certain herb that I really enjoy is a thing of the past to which I replied "fuck that". I will give up the smokes, I will give up the salt, I will give up the fatty foods. I will give up bacon. Never again can I enjoy a bag of lays potato chips but when it comes to my herb, nope. That set in stone!

And I got to make a little girl smile today. Was in the store and this child was fussing with her momma about a cookie in a package being broken. She went got another one and complained it was broke and then said probably all of them was broke. So I asked her, wont it taste just as good going into your tummy broke or not broke? She just grinned at me :p

Today was a good day :)

firechick

Member For 4 Years

Good news is I am home!
My FIL was diagnosed with advanced congestive heart failutre and given a year or two at most in his late 40s. Over 20 years later he was still smoking a pack a day and a drinking a 12 pack of beer a week and the cardiologist was taking his file to the big convention in DC every year. Don't let them tell you what your future holds, doc. They don't know everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors