Become a Patron!

eBay Shutting Down Vape Vendors?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got a note in my package from a Vendor I bought a couple of RDA's from. He states that EBay is starting to shut down accounts that sell Vape Gear due to the FDA.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Starting??? I thought they'd been doing that for a while! :giggle:

Andria

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got a note in my package from a Vendor I bought a couple of RDA's from. He states that eBay is starting to shut down accounts that sell Vape Gear due to the FDA.
Should have known that was coming, I guess buy it while you can. It sucks tho I have got some good deals off ebay

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see other sellers that no longer use PayPal for gear, so maybe its the payment processors too? One local shop got shut off wirh no warning, and that was around 6 months ago. Fortunately they found another payment system in a few days.

I can't see eBay sellers adding age verification, if that's the concern.

Maybe eBay is now a tobacco product? Force us to use local shops, who in turn will be forced out in summer 2018.

In the age of ACA, harm reduction has no place. I see this in health care advocacy. Black or white only. FDA approves things but then some get disabled or die, when the older alternative treatment would have assured certain death.

We need a govt, but not to make every last decision for us. The govt is not our friend or parents. Why do people want this? Put them in the health industry, and quality of life goes by the wayside.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing new, ecigs aren't meant to be sold on ebay, against their TOS, same for paypal if US vendor, but they still do it, some get caught, some don't or just keep making new accounts.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me thinks also thats the influx of sellers we have seen here lately too.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is always a way around (loop holes) selling banned stuff on eBay. This thread title is misleading. I have been selling on eBay for over 9 years. I have sold many odds and ends. As long as you don't list ammo, guns and wmds you'll be fine. @OP it's possible your vendor is just baking out on eBay. Sources on my end show zero indication of shut downs. If they are it must be certain sellers. Especially eBay China selling counterfeit gear.

Sent from the Planet X

f4milytime

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vendor wants you to buy more stuff from him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
'Ecig' stuff hasn't been allowed on eBay for a long time. Nor does PayPal allow US vendors to use their service for 'ecig' stuff. (That's why Fasttech can use PayPal - they're in China)

It's my understanding that eBay does not actively look for e-cig stuff. But if someone reports an ecig auction, eBay will check and, if appropriate, shut it down. I think that's why some people get shut down - someone reported them. It's not that ebay is shutting down every e-cig auction.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That happened to both @scarecrowjenkins and myself on Etsy. There are tons of people selling coils. But if someone reports your particular store, then they shut you down immediately. Most likely other coil vendors on Etsy do it to kick out the competition.

Yep. First, in November, Paypal locked down my account and said I would not receive payments again until I would remove all of my vapes from Ebay, I switched to a merchant credit card processesor to get around Paypal. Last night, Ebay removed all 150+ of my listings (which have been up on Ebay as a Top Rated Seller for over 2 years, auto-renew listings). My question is: that's the only thing I sell on Ebay. My custom rhinestone vapes business is dead in the water, with no listings- so.....should I take the chance and relist anyways? If they ban me from Ebay I'll be no worse off than I am right now, right? Feedback greatly appreciated :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GeorgiaGypsy Just thought I'd mention , we have no Ebay vendor affiliations here on VU as our vendor rules state, best of luck to you.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep. First, in November, Paypal locked down my account and said I would not receive payments again until I would remove all of my vapes from Ebay, I switched to a merchant credit card processesor to get around Paypal. Last night, Ebay removed all 150+ of my listings (which have been up on Ebay as a Top Rated Seller for over 2 years, auto-renew listings). My question is: that's the only thing I sell on Ebay. My custom rhinestone vapes business is dead in the water, with no listings- so.....should I take the chance and relist anyways? If they ban me from Ebay I'll be no worse off than I am right now, right? Feedback greatly appreciated :)

If you're already paying for your credit card processing, you might as well just setup your own website; hosting is not expensive, and nowadays it's very easy to have a decent looking site, with the vast number of e-commerce apps available.

If you decide to do that, check out a webhost called Arvixe; inexpensive, and fast servers. I used them for about 6 yrs, until I recently decided I didn't really need hosting since I'm not doing any template development anymore.

Andria

VU Sponsors