Become a Patron!

Eagle

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed at 60vg (Bull City Flavor brand) with 1mg Vapers Tek nic

Profile: Tobacco

Steep Time: Shake well and vape after a day. I can start vaping it 3 or 4 hours after shaking well, but I've always seemed to like freshly mixed juice just as well as steeped, with some exceptions.

I can't call this my creation. It was inspired from a recipe called Cardinal by Fear which is very good. I'm not sure if Fears recipe is supposed to be a clone of something else. The Cardinal recipe uses expensive flavors one of which is Holy Grail RY4 from DIY Flavor Shack and it uses 8% of that. The other two expensive flavors are Flavorah, but very little of those are used so they should last a while. You could go through a lot of the HG RY4 though if you like Cardinal so I made a version using TFA RY4 which is MUCH cheaper and I added a little FA Vanilla Bourbon.

I wouldn't consider this an ADV unless you really love tobacco flavors. It is in my daily rotation though and has been for a little over a month. I vape this out of a Bonza RDA at anywhere between 30 and 40 watts with various single coil builds. I wouldn't vape it out of a tank that uses stock coils. I haven't tried it like that so go for it if that's all you use and really want to give it a try, but It's one of those juices that turns your cotton very dark after a short time. For me it seems to taste even better after the cotton and coil are primed well once the cotton turns brown. It has a decent and mild throat hit, but not harsh for me.

I tend to ramble on when I type so.... :blah:

8.59% Total Flavoring

----------------------------------------------------
6% TFA RY4 Double
1% FLV Red Burley
1% FA Vanilla Bourbon (original recipe used 0.75%)
0.33% FLV Kentucky Blend
0.26% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine (wasn't in the original recipe)

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
75% FA vanilla bourbon seems a little high to me!

Seriously, I'm sure you just forgot the decimal before the number. :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, it's easy to do. I find myself doing stuff like that all the time. I once made 180 ml of blueberry cheesecake that was supposed to have 0.5% FA bilberry and I dumped in 5%. I'm still trying to work that out. I refuse to dump it. ;)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just up the batch size to 1800 mls :idea:

I ended up making it into 500 ml. It was a little strong but after about a 3 month steep it wasn't too bad. My daughter and her friends loved it. :D I've only got about 100 ml of it left and thank goodness it's gone!

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed at 60vg (Bull City Flavor brand) with 1mg Vapers Tek nic

Profile: Tobacco

Steep Time: Shake well and vape after a day. I can start vaping it 3 or 4 hours after shaking well, but I've always seemed to like freshly mixed juice just as well as steeped, with some exceptions.

I can't call this my creation. It was inspired from a recipe called Cardinal by Fear which is very good. I'm not sure if Fears recipe is supposed to be a clone of something else. The Cardinal recipe uses expensive flavors one of which is Holy Grail RY4 from DIY Flavor Shack and it uses 8% of that. The other two expensive flavors are Flavorah, but very little of those are used so they should last a while. You could go through a lot of the HG RY4 though if you like Cardinal so I made a version using TFA RY4 which is MUCH cheaper and I added a little FA Vanilla Bourbon.

I wouldn't consider this an ADV unless you really love tobacco flavors. It is in my daily rotation though and has been for a little over a month. I vape this out of a Bonza RDA at anywhere between 30 and 40 watts with various single coil builds. I wouldn't vape it out of a tank that uses stock coils. I haven't tried it like that so go for it if that's all you use and really want to give it a try, but It's one of those juices that turns your cotton very dark after a short time. For me it seems to taste even better after the cotton and coil are primed well once the cotton turns brown. It has a decent and mild throat hit, but not harsh for me.

I tend to ramble on when I type so.... :blah:

8.08% Total Flavoring

6% TFA RY4
1% FLV Red Burley
0.75% FA Vanilla Bourbon
0.33% FLV Kentucky Blend
I don’t really love tobacco flavors, but Cardinal was an exception. Def not an ADV for me(I never have one anyway), but such a well balanced and great recipe. I will definitely try this one.....since I already have the flavors from Cardinal.:)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't consider this an ADV unless you really love tobacco flavors.

Tobacco Blends are the one flavor I vape everyday although I normally go through 4-5 different blends. Although I switch up daily there is the one constant which is Tobacco. Now because of talking about switching going to Vape some Grapple & Slapcurrant~! :vino:

Bvapor

Member For 3 Years
Thank you for sharing this. I just made my third batch of Cardinal and probably won’t have enough to make a 4 before having to order the Holy Grail RY4. In your recipe is it TPA Ry4 Double or just Ry4? I’d like to try yours and see if I can save.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for sharing this. I just made my third batch of Cardinal and probably won’t have enough to make a 4 before having to order the Holy Grail RY4. In your recipe is it TPA Ry4 Double or just Ry4? I’d like to try yours and see if I can save.

It's the RY4 Double. I should have realized I made that mistake. I only have the RY4 Double, but thanks for asking about it. I'll update the recipe. You probably already know this, but the differences between Holy Grail RY4 and TPA RY4 are huge. They aren't even close to each other. Holy Grail's has a way heavier caramel taste especially after a few days. I like both recipes, but the Holy Grail is expensive so I don't buy it very often.

Bvapor

Member For 3 Years
It's the RY4 Double. I should have realized I made that mistake. I only have the RY4 Double, but thanks for asking about it. I'll update the recipe. You probably already know this, but the differences between Holy Grail RY4 and TPA RY4 are huge. They aren't even close to each other. Holy Grail's has a way heavier caramel taste especially after a few days. I like both recipes, but the Holy Grail is expensive so I don't buy it very often.
Perfect then, I have all the flavors and can make yours.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Recipe edited with a little more FA Vanilla Bourbon and the addition of TFA Acetyl Pyrazine. I think it's a little better with the changes and vapor seems to be a little more dense. If you try this and are very sensitive to AP, just use a drop or two less. I use 4 drops per 30ml. Let it sit for a day or two if you add the AP.

Last edited:

Bvapor

Member For 3 Years
Recipe edited with a little more FA Vanilla Bourbon and the addition of TFA Acetyl Pyrazine. I think it's a little better with the changes and vapor seems to be a little more dense. If you try this and are very sensitive to AP, just use a drop or two less. I use 4 drops per 30ml. Let it sit for a day or two if you add the AP.
Thank you for sharing the changes

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for sharing the changes

You're welcome :) It was enough of an improvement to edit the recipe. I can vape it right away, but I can vape almost anything freshly made even if it isn't as good as it can get. This does seem to get better after a week. I only make 30ml at a time so it doesn't last long, but I made 60ml last time so I could see how it would do with a little more aging and so far it's working well for me.

Bvapor

Member For 3 Years
I finally made this and it is excellent it tastes just like Cardinal! I can’t believe it. You did really well. I forgot to add AP but without put it it’s a 1:1 to me thank you!!

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I finally made this and it is excellent it tastes just like Cardinal! I can’t believe it. You did really well. I forgot to add AP but without put it it’s a 1:1 to me thank you!!

I'm glad to hear that you like it. Thanks for posting :)

VU Sponsors