Become a Patron!

E-liquid changed color

What up guys :)

I just came from smoking normal cigs to vaping and totally love it.

So i ordered a starter kit from DirectVapor.com called Innokin Coolfire Ultra TC150 Vape Starter Kit. It arrived 2 days ago and i just went ahead, filled in some liquid and took a puff (my first mistake, as i know now). I didn't prime the coil, which i didn't know back then.
Well whatever, until yesterday evening everything was working fine, but then my friend told me about the weird color the liquid has turned into. From a little yellowish transparent color it went to an unhealthy brownish color. Is that normal? Some kind of chemical reaction due to exposure to heat? Or did i "burn the coil" by not priming? One more thing i'd like to mention is the tank gets REALLY hot. I have no tools to measure it exactly but it can burn your finger after like 7 good puffs. Any need for concern there?

As said, i'm completely new to vaping and my friend ordered his kit at the same time with the same components. However in his tank the liquid still keeps the color from the original refill bottle. I'm kinda worried and don't know what to do. A vape shop ain't to be found in a 10 mile radius...

Any of you have made a similiar experience? Should i go on and try to dry up the coil and brown liquid and give the same coil another shot?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine oxidizing from the oxygen in the bottle and tank. It's normal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as the tank getting hot it happens more with SS tanks. If you can get a delrin or ultem drip tip might help your lips. Maybe open the airflow a little more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You may need to throw that coil out and put in a new one. That can get your tank hot.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running too high wattage for the tank/coil combo?
running in Temp control mode without a TC compatible coil?

VU Sponsors