Become a Patron!

E Leaf Coil Issues

hey guys, i have an iStick Pico with a Melo 3 Mini tank. I use the 0.3ohm coils but i can't tell if i bought a box of fake ones because they dont work as properly as the ones that came with the box. They look exactly like the picture i just attached.

I used ot be able to smoke on 30 - 35 watts with my first two coils which came with the vape, but i cant smoke under 55 without the new ones spitting.

Someone told me i should try to use the temperature control option on the mod but i cant tell if these coils are SS, TI, or NI because it doesnt say on them and i dont have the box anymore. Smoking it on a high temperature agitates me but the spitting is even worse.

On top of that, the vape leaks from the airflow whenever my tank is over halfway full, is this the coil's issue?

Im really new to vaping and have no idea if its the coils, the tank, or if im doing something wrong. Does anyone have any advise? I love vaping because it keeps me away from cigarettes, so i really hope someone knows what to do!

Thanks in advance guys / girls

Attachments

• vape-coils-eleaf-ijust-2-replacment-coil-head-1_1024x1024.jpg
    vape-coils-eleaf-ijust-2-replacment-coil-head-1_1024x1024.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 9

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only Eleaf coils that are SS is the ECL316L coil the coil your using is not for temp mode. Could be a bad coil or a bad connection.
If the resistance is reading correctly and not jumping around try another coil.

I like the Aspire Triton coils better than Eleaf's or the Aspire EVO coils better still. There are lots of different coils that fit that tank.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

The only Eleaf coils that are SS is the ECL316L coil the coil your using is not for temp mode. Could be a bad coil or a bad connection.
If the resistance is reading correctly and not jumping around try another coil.

I like the Aspire Triton coils better than Eleaf's or the Aspire EVO coils better still. There are lots of different coils that fit that tank.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-atlantis-coil-fits.110143/

Thanks a lot for that info. So i would need to get another kind of coil if i want to use the temp. control?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nickel (Ni) Titanium (Ti) or Stainless Steel (SS) are for temp control. SS works in both Power and TC. I love my Pico and it does TC well. Both coils that come with the Pico kit are Kanthal and are for power (watts) mode only.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey guys, i have an iStick Pico with a Melo 3 Mini tank. I use the 0.3ohm coils but i can't tell if i bought a box of fake ones because they dont work as properly as the ones that came with the box. They look exactly like the picture i just attached.

I used ot be able to smoke on 30 - 35 watts with my first two coils which came with the vape, but i cant smoke under 55 without the new ones spitting.

Someone told me i should try to use the temperature control option on the mod but i cant tell if these coils are SS, TI, or NI because it doesnt say on them and i dont have the box anymore. Smoking it on a high temperature agitates me but the spitting is even worse.

On top of that, the vape leaks from the airflow whenever my tank is over halfway full, is this the coil's issue?

Im really new to vaping and have no idea if its the coils, the tank, or if im doing something wrong. Does anyone have any advise? I love vaping because it keeps me away from cigarettes, so i really hope someone knows what to do!

Thanks in advance guys / girls
I don't have my Melo3 mini any more but I think* the top fill cap had a little rubber o-ring or seal that seals the threads at the top of the coil to the threads of the top fill cap so that no air leaks in.
In general check the top fill cap and make sure all the seals and o-rings are in place because if they are not then too much juice will get to the coil and give you the problems you are describing. Good luck!

VU Sponsors