Become a Patron!

E juice issue

Hello. I bought a naked ejuice (sour sweet) and i am using vandyvape cotton (cotton loops) i am using it on an bonza rda with 2 fused claptons ss 5 wraps spaced. After the wicking i start vaping and after maximum 15 puffs the cotton is getting very brown. Can someone help me?
Thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My guess would be the sweetener in the juice, which is known to gunk coils and cotton pretty quickly.
Welcome to VU!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gunked coils and cotton will effect the taste.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What is the wattage you are running at and how do you have the coils positioned? if its tasting weird you could be burning the cotton or have the coils placed in such a way with the airflow it is affecting flavor. A picture is worth a thousand words, show us what you have going on, this will help get you the information you seek.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU as well. Look forward to having you.

What is the wattage you are running at and how do you have the coils positioned? if its tasting weird you could be burning the cotton or have the coils placed in such a way with the airflow it is affecting flavor. A picture is worth a thousand words, show us what you have going on, this will help get you the information you seek.
And i am using the dead rabbit now and it have angled airflow with .13 and 90 watts

Attachments

• 20180708_163045.jpg
    20180708_163045.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180708_163129.jpg
    20180708_163129.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 19

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That appears to be cooked sugar, and it's coming from the juice. Massive amounts of sweetener is a common ingredient in vendor juice, some more than others. You can try lowering your wattage, maybe using coils with a higher resistance, but ultimately the result will be the same because of the high sugar content of the juice. Maybe use a tank for this one, as opposed to a RDA.

That appears to be cooked sugar, and it's coming from the juice. Massive amounts of sweetener is a common ingredient in vendor juice, some more than others. You can try lowering your wattage, maybe using coils with a higher resistance, but ultimately the result will be the same because of the high sugar content of the juice. Maybe use a tank for this one, as opposed to a RDA.
Ok. Thank you

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Thank you
You're welcome, I only wish the answer was different. It's a shame that some of them feel compelled to use as much sweetener as they do, and it's true that some of them do taste so good with it. Maybe we could talk you into venturing into DIY and making your own, at least that way you're in control of whether or not sweetener is used and how much.

JayyVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The sweetness of the juice just does that unfortunately. Usually have to rewind daily.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That appears to be cooked sugar, and it's coming from the juice. Massive amounts of sweetener is a common ingredient in vendor juice, some more than others.

It's a shame that some of them feel compelled to use as much sweetener as they do, and it's true that some of them do taste so good with it. Maybe we could talk you into venturing into DIY and making your own, at least that way you're in control of whether or not sweetener is used and how much.

Heartland vapes sells mixed base juices. I got 1L of maximum VG 18mg/ml for around $40. Fairly sure they also carry a max PG blend as well, and anything in between.

Once you've got base juice, it's easier to mixing up smaller batches, while focusing on the percentage of flavoring you desire adding. I added some watermelon juice, direct from a watermelongt o a 6 ml of base juice. It was rather yummy, too much so after a bit. :)

Can agree that vendors, generally speaking, do add a lot of sweetners. Perhaps this is done as a bit of marketing ploy. Seems a lot of folks agree that sugar is magnitudes more addictive than c*****e. Well, excuse me.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And i am using the dead rabbit now and it have angled airflow with .13 and 90 watts

Change the cotton and dry burn the coils (gently). I have juices I've made with certain flavors in which I have to change the cotton every day. Once you get good at it, you'll spend 5 minutes at the most. It's the price you pay for some juices.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you pull those coils closer to the airflow holes and line them more in the middle or the bottom of the coils you will get better flavor from that as well. I have not had much luck with centered coils in the Dead Rabbit unless they were just of a massive diameter.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Naked 100 is bad about gunking up coils. It seems lighter colored juice you last longer between rewicking

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have not had much luck with centered coils in the Dead Rabbit unless they were just of a massive diameter.

Not used anything but already made 24 awg Kanthal coils the Dead Rabbit SQ. Even with those I'm starting to enjoy vaping with it. Had vaped with it for a little but had not vaped it in, and did not have an opinion regarding it. Of course, for me a Gorge seems favorited. Surprised I've not used Goons as much as I once did.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Not used anything but already made 24 awg Kanthal coils the Dead Rabbit SQ. Even with those I'm starting to enjoy vaping with it. Had vaped with it for a little but had not vaped it in, and did not have an opinion regarding it. Of course, for me a Gorge seems favorited. Surprised I've not used Goons as much as I once did.

I probably should have been more clear, by diameter I meant inside diameter. For me the flavor gets muted if the coils are centered above the posts. By pulling them closer to the airflow holes, and centering the coil it helps a lot. I like to do large ID coils on the DR because it can handle it. In those cases I cannot move them closer to the airflow and they must remain centered.

VU Sponsors