Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
E-CIGS MOVING FASTER THAN FEDERAL REGULATIONS
Posted by brian yaeger on 7/6/2014 to Vapor comments
spacer.gif

E-CIGS MOVING FASTER THAN THE FEDS
E-Cigs are moving faster to the market than the regulations can seem to handle which has left the federal government with their pants down. I came across an interesting story in the Knoxville, TN Sentinel which says that there are 2-3 vape shops opening every week there.

This tells me that people not just in Tennessee but around the United States are choosing e-cigs rather than the bad breath, health problems, and the financial burden that comes along with traditional cigarettes. This is definitely good news to me. It means that the federal government cannot just ignore the vaping industry.

This is a pretty amazing thing that e-cig industry has in ten years became a 2.5 billion dollar industry in the U.S. alone. The fact that new regulations are in the near future does not scare me at all. In fact, all this means is that we will finally become legitimized. Well, at least that’s one way of looking at it.

I do believe there should be some regulations on the e-liquids meaning that I don’t want my liquid made in some trashy, unclean room somewhere in the back of someone’s trailer. What I don’t see as right is the FDA trying to use the “Paperwork Act” as a means of limiting the amount of new e-cigs that can be proposed for approval each year. HAVE THEY EVER HEARD OF E-MAIL?

In today’s market someone wishing to quit smoking can go to their local vape shop and pick up a starter kit for around $30.00. That investment of $30.00 can possibly save their life, take some burden of the health care industry, and be a positive influence on the people around them.

So in conclusion I would like to say that I hope this industry can keep its head above water for the foreseeable future, and withstand whatever regulations are going to be imposed. Only time will tell, but this story was inspiring to me.

Reactions: jae

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can tell you that around here there are 100's of Vape shops. Around the St.Louis Mo area. On my way into work I see atleast 5 billboards of Vape shops. New one just opened up last week about 4 miles from my door. I visit a lot of them just to check them out and will usually buy a bottle or 2 of juice. Last week I visited a new one and they were young guys that seemed to be catering to the cloud chasers. They had 3 coil building stations, it was different to most others I visited. Visited one that had just moved and it was owned and ran by retired couple in their 60's, they had a real big selection but didn't make their own juice blends, sold premades. Most shops here mix their own.

VU Sponsors