VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ATS/51612

"The incidence of serious adverse events was not significantly different between e-cigarettes and placebo e-cigarettes,"

Placebo e-cigarettes???
What? When you go to be part of a vaping study do they hand half the people real ecigs and the other half a fucking pencil??!!

I can hear the scientists now "No really, this IS an ecig. We swear!"

"There have been case reports of serious adverse events associated with e-cigarette use, including recurrent atrial fibrillation, lipid pneumonia, relapse of ulcerative colitis, and death, "and bear in mind that our time frame is limited," he said."

lipid pneumonia?

It can only happen if OIL based products are inhaled and OIL has never, ever once found in any ecig.
Not even in the cheapest, most generic, decade old Chinese cigilike.

Death?

Are you fucking kidding me or what?
We all know damn straight if a person actually DIED from vaping the public healh nazis would be dragging the poor dead vapers corpse from town to town in a fucking suitcase and they would whip the corpse out at every anti-vaping bill vote in the country! - 5150

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to the Mayo Clinic, the four leading causes of pneumonia in adults are bacteria, viruses, fungi, and cigarette smoking. In the past ten years, only two cases of lipoid pneumonia have been reported, both in Spain, as a result of vaping oil based eliquids.
I trust the Mayo Clinic much more than the ANTZ trumped up fabrication studies.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. This part really had me laughing;

"Respiratory adverse events among e-cigarette users included dry cough, with an incidence of 26% to 32%, irritation of the throat, in 7% to 32%, and shortness of breath, in 2% to 20%. The incidence of these events tended to decline with longer use."

So, smokers had initial dry cough, throat irritation and shortness of breath when first switching to vaping. And it went away after their lungs and throat healed while vaping. I'll give that a big fucking,,,,,,,,,,,,,DUH! It was nice of them to spin it into sounding like a bad thing.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently purchased an oximeter for my asthmatic husband to keep track of his blood oxygen levels. I know it's accurate because he's in the hospital right now and I took it with me when I went to see him yesterday. They checked his level and I went right behind them and checked it with my little device and the numbers were the same. I then checked my own. Read 98%. Considering all the years I smoked like a freight train, I thought that was pretty good.
So obviously vaping is killing me. NOT.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My O2 has improved. The VA dentists make you keep the O2 sensor on your finger(I don't know why). When I was a smoker, the alarm for low O2 would keep going off. They'd stop and I'd take deep breaths until the level was back up. Now it never goes off. So, there's that.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL. This part really had me laughing;

"Respiratory adverse events among e-cigarette users included dry cough, with an incidence of 26% to 32%, irritation of the throat, in 7% to 32%, and shortness of breath, in 2% to 20%. The incidence of these events tended to decline with longer use."

So, smokers had initial dry cough, throat irritation and shortness of breath when first switching to vaping. And it went away after their lungs and throat healed while vaping. I'll give that a big fucking,,,,,,,,,,,,,DUH! It was nice of them to spin it into sounding like a bad thing.
Sounds like a case of withdrawal from cigarettes. Body still wants all the bad crap in the cigarettes. Then your body adjusts and we vape on to a healthier form of nicotine intake.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
"The incidence of serious adverse events was not significantly different between e-cigarettes and placebo e-cigarettes, at 19.7% and 13.9%"

WTF is a "placebo e-cigarette"??? These must be really minor "events" if a placebo causes nearly as many as an e-cig.

Where are the figures for "adverse events" for cigarette smokers, using the same definition of "adverse events"? Obviously THAT is the figure they should use for comparison.

earlw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The "relapse of ulcerative colitis" is an interesting red herring. Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is one of the rare (maybe only) conditions where smoking 5-7 cigarettes a day has been shown to reduce the severity of attacks. Including it as a possible adverse event of vaping really means that is a possible adverse event resulting from a UC patient no longer smoking cigarettes. Grasping at straws...

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone accually ever bought a decent vape mod, gave it a chance and still
stopped vaping and went back to smoking that really wanted to quit smoking?

VU Sponsors