Become a Patron!

E-cigarettes don’t lead to the real thing

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A pretty good article overall, but still so ignorant -- in the 2nd paragraph, they use the term "e-smoking", and in the 4th paragraph, "e-cigarette smoking"... that really chafes my hide, since it tends to imply that vaping is just another form of smoking... when there is NO SMOKE, PERIOD.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
At least someone is getting it:

E-cigarettes could be making it easier for young people who had previously smoked to quit, or it could be preventing would-be cigarette smokers from ever starting as they opt instead for e-cigarettes.

Although their enforcement has been delayed, regulations in a recent rule would threaten to drive e-cigarettes from the market before the implications of that exit are fully understood. The FDA should avoid rushing to enforce rules that could derail or slow the substantial progress in diminishing youth smoking.

Charles Hughes is a policy analyst at the Manhattan Institute.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
They do lead to a spending addiction though in many cases ;)
Meh. In the long run, it's darn near impossible to spend more than on cigs. My "counter" is showing $15,519 saved and that's at 2013 cig prices. I own a boatload of hand-made squonk mods and original atties, and I have a lifetime's worth of nic in cold storage, yet I've spent less than what I would have if I'd continued to smoke.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meh. In the long run, it's darn near impossible to spend more than on cigs. My "counter" is showing $15,519 saved and that's at 2013 cig prices. I own a boatload of hand-made squonk mods and original atties, and I have a lifetime's worth of nic in cold storage, yet I've spent less than what I would have if I'd continued to smoke.
But you might live longer and spend more than if you had died from smoking?
:D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And Wismec did not have a recall for this.
But they do have a software update o_O

exoskeleton mod.jpg

SMOKIN HOT VAPE GEAR!

VU Sponsors