Become a Patron!

E-Cigarette Users Sue Over Exploding Devices

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having a mandatory sticker with the continuous amp rating on the battery and measuring it are both easy things to do and that's a good kind of regulation

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Having a mandatory sticker with the continuous amp rating on the battery and measuring it are both easy things to do and that's a good kind of regulation

But does the FDA's "Deeming Regulations" touch on battery safety at all?
That's right 499 pages and no mention of it at all.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But does the FDA's "Deeming Regulations" touch on battery safety at all?
That's right 499 pages and no mention of it at all.
And that's something that really needs to be addressed for most battery powered devices. Hell, look at all the cell phones and laptops that have burst into flames, not to mention the hoverboard fires. Instead, they simply ban where you can take or use 'em. (ban 'em from being put in checked luggage, etc.)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The "actual" tested and verified amp rating ;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is where sensible regulations are welcome, to hold malicious company's accountable for knowingly inflating the capability of their trash for sales. But no government chooses to just ban in order to protect big tobacco and big pharmaceutical.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, and the industry that needs to be regulated there is the BATTERY industry, not the VAPING industry! IDIOTS!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is why I think vaping is capable of changing the world. Not only is it spotlighting the corruption of the pharma industry, the various gov'ts and their idiot bonds, tobacco taxes, and BT's nefarious little deals with gov't, it's even shining a light on the battery industry, which very CLEARLY needs some regulations about truth in advertising.

And they can make it difficult for us for a while, which they are certainly doing or trying to do. But funny thing about truth, and facts, and science... it STAYS truth and fact and science, no matter what anyone says about it. Just ask Galileo.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ask Galileo.

Don't know if that's the best example since Galileo's findings were banned and hidden from the public for around 200 years.

Lets hope we won't have to wait that long with vaping :D

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know if that's the best example since Galileo's findings were banned and hidden from the public for around 200 years.

Lets hope we won't have to wait that long with vaping.

The point I was making was that Galileo recanted, in order to avoid being burnt at the stake -- because he knew that truth was truth, no matter what's said about it. And everything moves faster nowadays. :D

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The point I was making was that Galileo recanted, in order to avoid being burnt at the stake -- because he knew that truth was truth, no matter what's said about it. And everything moves faster nowadays. :D

Andria
not really telling the truth is still a revolutionary act.and will get you burned at the stake just as quickly.We like every generation like to pretend we evolved.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is where sensible regulations are welcome, to hold malicious company's accountable for knowingly inflating the capability of their trash for sales. But no government chooses to just ban in order to protect big tobacco and big pharmaceutical.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I am NO fan of making laws, especially willy nilly.

However, PRODUCT regulation laws, are fine with me. It's honestly about public SAFTEY, and not just making money and holding control.

VU Sponsors