Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This dude was running an Aspire Atlantis clearomizer on a HYBRID Mech Mod and SURPRISE!!
Dead Short!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't help but think dude was not that bright,
If that was what it looks like, an Atlantis on a hybrid connection, well at least on mine there is almost zero 510 protrusion to run it hybrid.
Bottom line is if we Ourselves as vapors don't do a better job showing new vapors the safe way to do shit and stop arguing over who's got the bigger mod than this crap is just going to give the feds and the ANTZ all the ammo they need to shove regulations up our ass.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
DERP!

Maybe this is why people should know their equipment BEFORE they use it. Vape gear or otherwise.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Saw this on fox news they did not explain it being a MOD they called it an ecig. I have a Caravela that had got hot several times I was able to disarm it before exploding. But I clearly see many millions of mod users out there that won't catch it like i did. This is giving all devices a bad rap because news knows no difference and if they do they don't clarify. They just spoke of how dangerous they are. This is not good.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Saw this on fox news they did not explain it being a MOD they called it an ecig. I have a Caravela that had got hot several times I was able to disarm it before exploding. But I clearly see many millions of mod users out there that won't catch it like i did. This is giving all devices a bad rap because news knows no difference and if they do they don't clarify. They just spoke of how dangerous they are. This is not good.
Did you here the 911 call? He called it an ecigarette when he called 911.. that part made me think something was a little fishy, I don't know many youngins who refer to their mods that way.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, but still news won't clarify cause they are idiots anyhow. Ya know what i mean they have no common sense. This is probably why they are hired in the first place.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hired or not, the reporting was done and what was said was a repeat of what the kid said. And most non-vapors see what we do as 'fancy ecigs' I don't like it; but, I don't like being fat either.
My fear is that this is getting more common than it once was. Makes sense vaping is the cool thing to do- more vapors equals more booboos.
This forum may be different but there is no arguing that a new vapor in a shop or some other forums will easily be swayed to get a giant cloud making toy; without knowing what in the hell they are doing. And that 4-nine clone with an Atlantis is a prime example of just that. No one who knows what they are doing would do that. But a kid at a b&m who just wants to sell something .... just sad that some shops are more militant about what's cool than what's safe.

Last edited:

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I like the couple of vape stores I go to. They take the time to explain to new Vapers how their stuff works and don't try to sell more to them then what they need starting out. It saves people from doing stupid things and let's them see if vaping is the way they want to go to get off the cigarettes.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Who cares, more people die every year putting up Christmas lights. More attention you give this the worse it becomes. Its like a flaming bag of dog shit - dont step on it - let it burn out.

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks-Obama-0aj2qp.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
HHahahhhahhh!!!!!!!!!!!! think I just pised myself laughing

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SURGEON GENERALS WARNING: Explosions have been found by the State Of California to cause cancer...;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That's what happens when you use a 4nine clone and an Atlantis tank together.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, here's a thought: 1/ I've built dozens of model rockets when I was younger, and 2/ I've seen what happens when a shorted 18650 battery vents. So there's one thing I'm 100% certain of: there's no way in hell the damn mod, or any part thereof, could launch itself - let alone lodge itself into the ceiling - without help from the user.

This whole incident sounds totally fabricated to me. Perhaps - perish the thought - to publish a good story in the newspapers?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't make this shit up. I just link to sites that do! :D

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I didn't think that mods could explode in a person's hand then fly through the air spinning 180 degrees then stick perfectly into a ceiling either. But if you Google it you will see that mainstream media sure as hell believes it!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People believe a lot of things that run contrary to the laws of nature, such as people getting shot at and being pushed 10 feet backwards by the impact of the bullet. As long as the educational system fails to teach people basic notions of science, as well as a taste for critical thinking, they'll keep believing all sorts of stupid things - flying mods, bullets that can move people, YiHi chips that measure power in Joules, or e-liquids being a tobacco product.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what has me wondering is why are all of these new explosion stories coming from mainly CA?
Why do the people reporting wish to remain anonymous?
Why does every health related "threat" originate in CA?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what has me wondering is why are all of these new explosion stories coming from mainly CA?
Why do the people reporting wish to remain anonymous?
Why does every health related "threat" originate in CA?
You guys should just vote us out of the Union already - save you all the headaches and save us all the excess federal tax that gets sucked out to pay the way for places like Texas...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When is that going to be on the ballot?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys should just vote us out of the Union already - save you all the headaches and save us all the excess federal tax that gets sucked out to pay the way for places like Texas...

Sorry bro but you lot put the taxes in place.
federal tax imposed by state then opposed by state against fed regulagion.
you all fuct yourself and are now back climbing.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hahahahaha... the epitome of liberalism and proof that elections have consequences.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ohm I'm sick of hearing that to justify everything, I live in new Orleans. The countries sewer (ms river) is 2 miles in one direction, a giant toilet(lake pontchartrain) is 5 miles in another the gulf of Mexico which is a seabed of industrial activity is 6 miles away and every few moles is either alchemical plant, oil refinery or nuclear facility.

But I'm worries about VG?!!!

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohm I'm sick of hearing that to justify everything, I live in new Orleans. The countries sewer (ms river) is 2 miles in one direction, a giant toilet(lake pontchartrain) is 5 miles in another the gulf of Mexico which is a seabed of industrial activity is 6 miles away and every few moles is either alchemical plant, oil refinery or nuclear facility.

But I'm worries about VG?!!!

I hear ya man.
I'm from Saginaw MI.
dow Chem has made me sick more than a few times.(anyone Remember the dioxin spill in 1990?)
but yet,..... PG is the worst thing man has made?

WKR

Member For 4 Years
[quote uid=19366 name="bondo" post=367472]what has me wondering is why are all of these new explosion stories coming from mainly CA? <br />Why do the people reporting wish to remain anonymous? <br />Why does every health related "threat" originate in CA?[/QUOTE]<br />You guys should just vote us out of the Union already - save you all the headaches and save us all the excess federal tax that gets sucked out to pay the way for places like Texas...<br/>

HEY HEY!!! DONT DISPARAGE TEXAS!!! CALIFORNIA SUCKS WAY MORE TAXES BECAUSE THEY ARE INFECTED WITH LIBERALS. LIKE A PUS FILLED SACK ON ONES ASS!!!!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry bro but you lot put the taxes in place.
federal tax imposed by state then opposed by state against fed regulagion.
you all fuct yourself and are now back climbing.
Try that again in the form of a coherent thought I might be able to respond to?

Second thought, don't worry about it...I can't imagine I have anything to say that would make sense in your language.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh. The pussy called 911 cause he got a booboo on his hand. He didn't have a bandaid in the house?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[quote uid=19366 name="bondo" post=367472]what has me wondering is why are all of these new explosion stories coming from mainly CA? <br />Why do the people reporting wish to remain anonymous? <br />Why does every health related "threat" originate in CA?
<br />You guys should just vote us out of the Union already - save you all the headaches and save us all the excess federal tax that gets sucked out to pay the way for places like Texas...<br/>

HEY HEY!!! DONT DISPARAGE TEXAS!!! CALIFORNIA SUCKS WAY MORE TAXES BECAUSE THEY ARE INFECTED WITH LIBERALS. LIKE A PUS FILLED SACK ON ONES ASS!!!!!![/QUOTE]
The facts would like to correct me - California only gets a little less than $1 for every dollar we contribute, not that huge a deal. Texas, though sucks in about $1.50 for every dollar they pay out, Michigan is only about as dependent on federal handouts as California is burdened by our need to provide them.

Both states, however, have a much higher percentage of the population on food stamps than we do here...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...tates-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

A friendly reality check courtesy the People's Republic of Ocean Beach...

Edit: quote butchery provided by the poster I'm attempting to quote.

VU Sponsors