Become a Patron!

E-cigarette battery explodes in Derby man’s pants. 'It ignites like a bomb,' lawyer says

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article202246854.html

"A Derby man is suing a Wichita vaping shop after he says a spare battery for his e-cigarette exploded in the front pocket of his pants.

Anderson was carrying the spare battery, his car keys and coins in his left front pocket of his pants the morning of Feb. 29, 2016, while he was at work. When the metal items touched, it caused a short to the outside of the battery."

So he's not suing the car company who sold him the keys or the US reserve for making those pesky coins out of metal? - 5150

"Man is so stupid he doesn't understand how electricity works"
Greedy Lawyer pounces anyway

"Anderson is suing Big E’s Vapor Shop, which sold him the battery, as well as the battery’s distributor, Oklahoma-based VapeUSA Corp., for more than $75,000 in damages. The lawsuit contends the companies knew or should have known that a design defective makes the type of battery Anderson bought dangerous for use in e-cigarettes.

They also failed to warn customers of the risks, it alleges.

Nobody thinks twice about putting a battery in their pocket. You have an extra one, that’s the first place it’s going to go,” DeVaughn said.

Dustin DeVaughn, who is representing Anderson in the case."

NO THE BATTERY IS NOT DANGEROUS FOR USE IN ECIGARETTES,
it's dangerous in a total morons pants pocket with his keys and change!!!

YES, EVERYBODY except Dustin DeVaughn and his stupid ass client think twice about putting batteries in their fucking pants pockets.

You know how I know?

Because this assholes client is the only one who's walking around on fucking fire!!!!!

That's how I know that this guy is the only one who tries to walk around with batteries, keys, and change in his pockets - 5150

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take exception to the "it ignites like a bomb" also.

Batteries are designed to vent. Not a feature you'd want in a bomb. I couldn't imagine winning a war with fireworks fountains.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm cool with him trying to sue...as long as he has the word "MORON" tattootd on his forehead so other people can avoid doing bussiness with him. like selling him matches and razor blades.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I feel sorry for people that have to go to bed STOOPID every night.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article202246854.html

"A Derby man is suing a Wichita vaping shop after he says a spare battery for his e-cigarette exploded in the front pocket of his pants.

Anderson was carrying the spare battery, his car keys and coins in his left front pocket of his pants the morning of Feb. 29, 2016, while he was at work. When the metal items touched, it caused a short to the outside of the battery."

So he's not suing the car company who sold him the keys or the US reserve for making those pesky coins out of metal? - 5150

"Man is so stupid he doesn't understand how electricity works"
Greedy Lawyer pounces anyway

"Anderson is suing Big E’s Vapor Shop, which sold him the battery, as well as the battery’s distributor, Oklahoma-based VapeUSA Corp., for more than $75,000 in damages. The lawsuit contends the companies knew or should have known that a design defective makes the type of battery Anderson bought dangerous for use in e-cigarettes.

They also failed to warn customers of the risks, it alleges.

Nobody thinks twice about putting a battery in their pocket. You have an extra one, that’s the first place it’s going to go,” DeVaughn said.

Dustin DeVaughn, who is representing Anderson in the case."

NO THE BATTERY IS NOT DANGEROUS FOR USE IN ECIGARETTES,
it's dangerous in a total morons pants pocket with his keys and change!!!

YES, EVERYBODY except Dustin DeVaughn and his stupid ass client think twice about putting batteries in their fucking pants pockets.

You know how I know?

Because this assholes client is the only one who's walking around on fucking fire!!!!!

That's how I know that this guy is the only one who tries to walk around with batteries, keys, and change in his pockets - 5150
Just another Dumb Soyboy--Snowflake.....!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just another Dumb Soyboy--Snowflake.....!
from the pictures seems more along the lines of inbred meathead...I like what the Lawyers said....."Dan did what any of us would do he put the battery in his pocket with keys and loose change".................really dude ..not unless "any of us" is a fucking idiot....I don't know any vapers who dont' carry their batteries in a case.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
from the pictures seems more along the lines of inbred meathead...I like what the Lawyers said....."Dan did what any of us would do he put the battery in his pocket with keys and loose change".................really dude ..not unless "any of us" is a fucking idiot....I don't know any vapers who dont' carry their batteries in a case.

This guy (The LAWYER sadly enough) is like "Well, Everybody sticks them in their pockets. it's like, common knowledge"

Non vapers must be reading this article thinking that vapers are the stupidest people on the face of the earth.
I'd be willing to bet that 3/4 of American Adults know not only that it's bad to carry an 18650 loose in their pockets but they also know WHY it's a bad idea.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Even as a kid I knew batteries of any kind should not be left to roll around - and we weren't using these explosive lithium ion batteries

Just good old fashioned AA batts can leak acid for crying out loud

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heh.. If it wasn't so depressingly sad - and bound to cause all sorta' legislative nonsense - I'd laugh myself to the floor.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'd be willing to bet that 3/4 of American Adults know not only that it's bad to carry an 18650 loose in their pockets but they also know WHY it's a bad idea.
I think you underestimate the ignorance of the general population.

carlin-stupid-average-person-58b8d8f53df78c353c2339c2.jpg

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can't imagine they have a case that a judge would actually here

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Dan did what any of us would do..he stuck the battery in his pocket .......full of change, keys, shotguns shells.fireworks, and his pet rattlesnake...before handing his beer to his 3 year old in order to climb up on the roof drunk during a lightening storm to adjust the weather vane" it could have happened to anybody.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors