Become a Patron!

E-Cig Harms Outweigh Benefits, Study Finds

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow..brilliant....and so I guess we should outlaw oxy, because the down side of people abusing it far outwieghs the benifiets...or outlaw almost all food except brown rice and broccoli because the obesity epidemic down side far outwieghs the benifits of a normal diet.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
"There have now been about a dozen studies from different countries consistently showing about a threefold increased risk of smoking initiation among kids who vape.
What a spurious argument. Let's pretend vapes had never existed. Those same kids that move from vapes to cigarettes would simply have gone straight to cigarettes.
What is even more concerning is that the risk appears to be greatest among kids who are otherwise at low- or moderate-risk of starting smoking."
Oh really? How does one assess a kid's "risk" of starting smoking?

The other thing I don't get is why anyone thinks it's likely that a large number young vapers would move from vapes to being daily users of cigarettes 10-20 years from now. Cigarettes stink. Cigarettes are far more expensive than vaping. Cigarettes taste horrible compared to vapes. So again, why would this happen? I can only think of one reason: If you control freaks ban vapes, or tax them to the point where it's cheaper to smoke cigarettes.

VU Sponsors