Become a Patron!

DZ Nuts Mini Dna 30

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With all the mini 30w devices out there I figured I would post this one. I am sure most of you have seen these mods before but here goes.

Picked this up recently as I have been kind of wanting a Dz Nutz box for a little while and I recently almost bought the full sized with the 5600 mah batt but so far it hasn't worked out. These are harder to find mods it seems, I guess because they were not mass produced. So far I am really liking this stealthy little guy. This is my first dna 30 device as when I started buying mods the higher watt boxes like the sig and the ipv were hitting the market.

The 2400 mah battery holds a good charge and I like how easily replaceable it is. The chip works great which is to be expected considering how many higher end devices they are in. For a stealthy 30w box this one seems like a great little guy.

Here is a pic with a hobo topper, and one with a nautilus mini for size reference.

Stealthy size
Evolv Dna 30
Easily replaced 2400 mah lipo battery

20150211_142625 (576x1024).jpg 20150209_143335 (576x1024).jpg

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's a damn nice looking box. First I've seen one that I recall. Thanks for sharing. I'm curious, where and how much? Being hard to find I am guessing it's a bit more than a vaporshark...

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a Hammond box. I have one as a mechanical except with magnets. I hope you didn't spend too much.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cannot get over the stupid fucking ghetto rat slang name of the mod.
Have fun fondling and sucking dz nuts mod...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a damn nice looking box. First I've seen one that I recall. Thanks for sharing. I'm curious, where and how much? Being hard to find I am guessing it's a bit more than a vaporshark...
Thanks.
They used to be a fb order thing, and then began to be be sold through a online retailer, but now I think they are pretty much nonexistent for new sales. The Vapers Knoll was selling Dz sx350 mods but they have not listed any in stock for months. The prices varies on what type of deal you can find these days I have seen them sell for a ridiculous amount and then for a more reasonable 100-130, just depends on who you get them from and when you can find them. The ones I found were in the reasonable range.

Originally they were marketed to be a lower cost alternative for owning a dna 30 device but since the guy was doing them on the side demand made them appealing to the flippers and add in the waiting list and some paid a higher premium than retail. When they were made you were able to choose with engraved logo or without, color of carbon wrapped on it. I have another one, a black with the black carbon I am considering selling. I wish the ones I picked up had the logo but honestly I was stoked to even come across a couple as they don't seem to surface all that often lately.

Like any device it has its pros and cons but overall it is a cool mini stealth dna 30.

It's a Hammond box. I have one as a mechanical except with magnets. I hope you didn't spend too much.
Yeah I am aware it is a Hammond enclosure. So is my Hex, so are most raptor boxes, and so is the mech box I am waiting on. It is a common affordable choice for mod builders but that does not mean that that savings always gets passed down to the consumers, but I am good with what I have in them. Did you build the mech yourself? Or did you buy it from a builder?

Cannot get over the stupid fucking ghetto rat slang name of the mod.
Have fun fondling and sucking dz nuts mod...
That came across as a bit rude, but yeah that puts a bit of a negative spin on it, but aside from that I am enjoying the device.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Fictitious Character sorry not ment rude to you but the company naming it that in the first place.
No worries I was not sure which way it was being directed. The actual name is The Dz Nutz lol but it doesn't change it much. I get your point though I notice this trend with some hardware but mostly juice names to be obscure or offensive. I am not sure if it is a ploy to stand out or just a strange business strategy with names like Unicorn Piss and Rainbow Burd Turds.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No worries I was not sure which way it was being directed. The actual name is The Dz Nutz lol but it doesn't change it much. I get your point though I notice this trend with some hardware but mostly juice names to be obscure or offensive. I am not sure if it is a ploy to stand out or just a strange business strategy with names like Unicorn Piss and Rainbow Burd Turds.
I get the name aspect.
The vulgar ones of companies and products... not so much.
mildly offensive slightly demented but innocent ones... guess which ones will sell more by word of mouth and a giggle instead of embarrassing sexual in nature blush.

Pretty sure Sally Soccer mom who vapes is far more comfy talking about unicorn turds, farts and Rainbow wizz to the other soccer moms... esp when their demon seeds are running around in ignorant rf induced bliss.
Say something like C*nt pudding and Lil johnny is going to perk right up.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With all the mini 30w devices out there I figured I would post this one. I am sure most of you have seen these mods before but here goes.

Picked this up recently as I have been kind of wanting a Dz Nutz box for a little while and I recently almost bought the full sized with the 5600 mah batt but so far it hasn't worked out. These are harder to find mods it seems, I guess because they were not mass produced. So far I am really liking this stealthy little guy. This is my first dna 30 device as when I started buying mods the higher watt boxes like the sig and the ipv were hitting the market.

The 2400 mah battery holds a good charge and I like how easily replaceable it is. The chip works great which is to be expected considering how many higher end devices they are in. For a stealthy 30w box this one seems like a great little guy.

Here is a pic with a hobo topper, and one with a nautilus mini for size reference.

Stealthy size
Evolv Dna 30
Easily replaced 2400 mah lipo battery

View attachment 14351 View attachment 14352

Congratulations on your acquisition. Custom made stealth devices with quality chips always have that incomparable feel about them. Which is why most of them carry a high price tag. It takes a lot of time and expertise to invest your soul into something that you think people would like and find useful and have the willingness to spend a lot of money on. If it makes you happy then you made the right decision by getting it.

urby2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the name aspect.
The vulgar ones of companies and products... not so much.
mildly offensive slightly demented but innocent ones... guess which ones will sell more by word of mouth and a giggle instead of embarrassing sexual in nature blush.

Pretty sure Sally Soccer mom who vapes is far more comfy talking about unicorn turds, farts and Rainbow wizz to the other soccer moms... esp when their demon seeds are running around in ignorant rf induced bliss.
Say something like C*nt pudding and Lil johnny is going to perk right up.

Think the name may have came from this:

Dr. Dre and snoop dogg. "the chronic" cd. theres a skit that goes
'ay did D. whats his name get at you da otha day"
girl "D? D who"
Guy "DEEZ NUTS"

Used to work with a young apprentice back in the day that said that S*it all day. That's like a 20 year old joke though.

Anyhow, that looks like a rockin' little mod. If my Cloup mini flames I may have to look for one. Same as you said though, they were always hard to come by.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

I actually LOL'D when I saw the thread title, and then I thought "Hey, what about Dz Boobs?" Ahahaha :p ... the name is errr, questionable but to me not nearly as offensive as " Panty dropper " or " Red headed slut ". :confused:

As far as the style and size of the box I definitely understand the appeal ... Dz Nutz will also be appealing to a lot of young heads. ;)

I have a dz30l and it is amazing to bad I killed the battery and it doesn't work as well as it used to but oh well. Josh does amazing work any mod made by him is worth every cent .

Croak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually LOL'D when I saw the thread title, and then I thought "Hey, what about Dz Boobs?" Ahahaha :p ... the name is errr, questionable but to me not nearly as offensive as " Panty dropper " or " Red headed slut ". :confused:

As far as the style and size of the box I definitely understand the appeal ... Dz Nutz will also be appealing to a lot of young heads. ;)

Lol, there's no shortage of phallic mods, some outright phalluses, but there's an untouched market for more, um, mammalian mods. Might open up a whole new world for squonkers, now that I think about it.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think the name may have came from this:

Dr. Dre and snoop dogg. "the chronic" cd. theres a skit that goes
'ay did D. whats his name get at you da otha day"
girl "D? D who"
Guy "DEEZ NUTS"

Used to work with a young apprentice back in the day that said that S*it all day. That's like a 20 year old joke though.

Anyhow, that looks like a rockin' little mod. If my Cloup mini flames I may have to look for one. Same as you said though, they were always hard to come by.
Yeah that was funny back in the day, it was right there with that's what she said jokes lol.

They are not impossible to find just have to dig a little and are not over the top expensive. I have another one if your Cloupor craps out sometime..

The new rda to hit the markey will be a panty dripper lol

It is the form factor that is nice for on the go. At the house I am primarily putting the MHM through the paces but on the go this little hammond encloser is great.

Lol, there's no shortage of phallic mods, some outright phalluses, but there's an untouched market for more, um, mammalian mods. Might open up a whole new world for squonkers, now that I think about it.
lmao you might be onto something with the squonkers being mammalian mods.

I have a dz30l and it is amazing to bad I killed the battery and it doesn't work as well as it used to but oh well. Josh does amazing work any mod made by him is worth every cent .
Why not just put a new battery in it? I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but the Vapor Knoll sells Dz 2400 mah batts for 20 bucks.

Yeah that was funny back in the day, it was right there with that's what she said jokes lol.

They are not impossible to find just have to dig a little and are not over the top expensive. I have another one if your Cloupor craps out sometime..

The new rda to hit the markey will be a panty dripper lol

It is the form factor that is nice for on the go. At the house I am primarily putting the MHM through the paces but on the go this little hammond encloser is great.

lmao you might be onto something with the squonkers being mammalian mods.

Why not just put a new battery in it? I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but the Vapor Knoll sells Dz 2400 mah batts for 20 bucks.

Because mine had the larger 5600 Mah tunrigy Lipo not the smaller 2400 mah.

My bad I missed the Dz30l part, so you got the big boy . Awesome I was/am sort of looking for one of those as well. Not sure where to get a batt for it but no doubt you could find one though.

Yeah I found one I don't know how I feel about putting it in myself I may have to take it to madvapes and let them install it or to the local college and let some electrician guys mess with it lol, cause I have a battery sled I had Josh install it he is the dz guy and for some reason the dual 18650s don't last long at all I'm talking about an hour maybe and that doesn't seem right to me. But going back to Josh fixing the mod he put a battery sled and a upgraded fatdaddy 510 in for free he is the man and his craftsmanship is unparralled.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I found one I don't know how I feel about putting it in myself I may have to take it to madvapes and let them install it or to the local college and let some electrician guys mess with it lol, cause I have a battery sled I had Josh install it he is the dz guy and for some reason the dual 18650s don't last long at all I'm talking about an hour maybe and that doesn't seem right to me. But going back to Josh fixing the mod he put a battery sled and a upgraded fatdaddy 510 in for free he is the man and his craftsmanship is unparralled.

As far as the batt removal goes in this mini it is pretty straightforward just unplugs and a new one gets plugged in in its place. I have an extra 2400 mah here for the mini.

Yours with a sled sounds a bit different. Either way that is a whacked amount of time with your dual18650 and it sounds like a bad batt but I am no expert on that, so getting it checked out by someone who is sounds like a good plan to me. Shoot get that thing back into the rotation as you should be getting killer batt life out 5600 mah on a 30w device.

From what I hear Josh is a cool guy, I never dealt with him personally as I got the Dz from another party, but I am jelly of the fat daddy 510 I think the mini's should be rocking an upgraded 510.

As far as the batt removal goes in this mini it is pretty straightforward just unplugs and a new one gets plugged in in its place. I have an extra 2400 mah here for the mini.

Yours with a sled sounds a bit different. Either way that is a whacked amount of time with your dual18650 and it sounds like a bad batt but I am no expert on that, so getting it checked out by someone who is sounds like a good plan to me. Shoot get that thing back into the rotation as you should be getting killer batt life out 5600 mah on a 30w device.

From what I hear Josh is a cool guy, I never dealt with him personally as I got the Dz from another party, but I am jelly of the fat daddy 510 I think the mini's should be rocking an upgraded 510.

Yeah Josh is the man he put a sled in for me cause I broke the battery in the mod. I actually talked to him earlier today I'm going to see if I can ship it back I'm sure he'll be fine with it cause he is so cool I will also send him some pocket change to fix if lol .

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah Josh is the man he put a sled in for me cause I broke the battery in the mod. I actually talked to him earlier today I'm going to see if I can ship it back I'm sure he'll be fine with it cause he is so cool I will also send him some pocket change to fix if lol .
That is cool I was not sure if he was still doing mod stuff. Glad to hear that previous customers can still get support through him.

VU Sponsors