Become a Patron!

Durable and Budget

Steam Pilgrim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm looking for a tank which is leak proof, is durable and has good, affordable pre-built coils that can hit hard and are good at soaking in liquid fast, so you can puff a couple of big clouds in a row without burning cotton. Preferably 22 mm diameter. My budget is about $20 to $30.

I buy at fasttech whenever I can, so if I can buy it there, that is a plus.

Any ideas?

RESOLVED: In the end I went with both the Horizontech Falcon Resin (Artisan) and the whole Vandy Vape Pulse X Kit. Well over budget, though none are expensive on their won.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a tank which is leak proof, is durable and has good, affordable pre-built coils that can hit hard and are good at soaking in liquid fast, so you can puff a couple of big clouds in a row without burning cotton. Preferably 22 mm diameter. My budget is about $20 to $30.

Any ideas?
Does it also have to be jumpsuit orange, 41.342856 mm tall, be manufactured between 11:59 and midnight of September 26th -27th of last year and able to fix a flat tire in under 4 minutes in a blizzard? In Valdez Alaska? :D

Steam Pilgrim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does it also have to be jumpsuit orange, 41.342856 mm tall, be manufactured between 11:59 and midnight of September 26th -27th of last year and able to fix a flat tire in under 4 minutes in a blizzard? In Valdez Alaska? :D

No, but thanks for making sure.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'm not up to snuff on 22mm MTL sub ohms either.
I've seen a few looking around just now.
Maybe someone will show up that knows.

22mm so it will fit your mod?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Any ideas?
What mod and atty are you using now?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Huckleberried is one MTL expert maybe even @JuicyLucy can offer a suggestion but clouds are DL mainly

Nope, sorry. I don't use tanks with pre-made coils, last time I did it was a protank, lol. The majority of what I use these days are 25mm tanks for single coil builds. Most of my tanks are too airy to be considered MTL, these days.

Lots of newer tight draw MTL tanks are available, though, if you're interested in building your own coils.

Steam Pilgrim

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey, folks. I appreciate you popping onto this thread.

As for details about my mod-life. I moved to the EH-Pro tube mod after going through 2 Joyetech AIO D22 XL's and one AIO D22 (the cute small one) in a row. Since then I've been using Joyetech Cubis tanks, cause no leaking and simple. The EH-Pro Cubis combination works but doesn't really satisfy. Which doesn't seem odd.

I was (indeed) looking at 22 mm tanks so that they might fit flush on my EH Pro, but at this point I accept that the EH-Pro is likely under-powered for a more serious tank and I'll probably need a box mod to provide the oompf.

I'm kinda in two minds, with pretty different styles:
1) a Vandy Vape Pulse X kit or
2) a Smok Alien with a Horizontech Falcon resin.

I realize the Vandy is basically meant for DTL, and the Falcon pretty much as well. So, yeah. I'm thinking about trying to MTL with DTL tanks. I have no idea exactly how funny that is.

I imagine either option will run through quite a few mAhs per day, if I intend to do more high power vaping. With the Vandy I expect I'll need to upgrade to 21700's to get any reasonable action out of a single battery. With the Alien, I expect that I'll do a bit longer before I need to swap the set of 18650's.

I like the idea of both setups, obviously. Is it at all viable to run the Falcon on the Pulse X? Would the battery suffice? In the end, the idea of just plonking a long-lasting pre-built into a tank is pretty attractive to me.

Last edited:

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
I've only useda couple of types of sub-ohm tanks, but the 2 that stand out are tanks that use Atlantis style coils and Vaporesso Veco tanks. I gravitated to those tanks because of the decent prices of replacement coils.

My first sub-ohm tank was an Atlantis style that I got with a kit from SmokeTip. That led to a couple of Amigo Riptide tanks that are still awesome but a little hard to find now. Tobeco Super Tanks are pretty nice too.

I got a Tarot Nano kit as a gift that had a Veco One tank (2 ml). I liked it so much that I also got a Veco One Plus tank (4 ml). I like the top air flow system on these tanks. Both of these are great and use the EUC coil that also has ceramic options. Paired with the right eliquid, these coils can last a long time.

Tanks and coils are very affordable.
https://www.fasttech.com/category/0/search?f=MTc3PUNvaWxeSGVhZHM&sort=r&keywords=Veco
https://www.fasttech.com/category/3006/clearomizers-tanks?sort=r&keywords=Veco
1999DF65-3E33-4F56-B874-99E0120894F5.jpeg
You might be able to find it a little cheaper at other sites....maybe Sourcemore.com or Everzon.com.
Good luck

VU Sponsors