Become a Patron!

Dry vape without it being a dry hit

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still a newbie and still searching for flavor.

On my merlin mini.. I can already wick it so I can chain vape without a nasty dry hit. Although I noticed that when I am on my second tank the vape is dryer.. and has less flavor. Then on the 3rd tank.. vape is dryer yet again with less flavor.

I can still chain vape it without a dry hit.but the vape texture just feels a lot dryer with a lot less flavor from the first time it was wicked.

Right now I'm using 26 g twisted kanthal 7 loops coming out at around .5 ohms. Vaping it at 55 watts with all airflow open on the merlin mini.

Is this a wicking problem or is this just a thing with vaping? Not quite sure since I'm new to all this and I'm trying to chase flavor and my sweet spot. I believe I also have a bad case of vapers tongue that goes on most of the time due to me just recently quitting cigarettes but the dry texture of the vape is quite noticeable.

Vape texture on my end setup (RX mini and serpent Alto) seems more consistent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still a newbie and still searching for flavor.

On my merlin mini.. I can already wick it so I can chain vape without a nasty dry hit. Although I noticed that when I am on my second tank the vape is dryer.. and has less flavor. Then on the 3rd tank.. vape is dryer yet again with less flavor.

I can still chain vape it without a dry hit.but the vape texture just feels a lot dryer with a lot less flavor from the first time it was wicked.

Right now I'm using 26 g twisted kanthal 7 loops coming out at around .5 ohms. Vaping it at 55 watts with all airflow open on the merlin mini.

Is this a wicking problem or is this just a thing with vaping? Not quite sure since I'm new to all this and I'm trying to chase flavor and my sweet spot. I believe I also have a bad case of vapers tongue that goes on most of the time due to me just recently quitting cigarettes but the dry texture of the vape is quite noticeable.

Vape texture on my end setup (RX mini and serpent Alto) seems more consistent.

Sounds like it's a combination of both vapers tongue and wicking. The Merlin Mini does not require a lot of cotton at all. You also should not be jamming the cotton in. The cotton should be gently placed into the wicking channels.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like it's a combination of both vapers tongue and wicking. The Merlin Mini does not require a lot of cotton at all. You also should not be jamming the cotton in. The cotton should be gently placed into the wicking channels.

-William Cowper
I got the part where I put just enough cotton on the juice hole to not have leaking. Fluffed out. Also tried thinning it out. Also tried thinning and chopping the top off for less wick. I get consistently zero dry hits even with chain vaping. Maybe still too much wick?

Or maybe I'm putting too much wick in between the coil? Already not putting too much cotton that I need to twist it in while pulling from one end. Used to do that haha. Do I need to put even less? I also don't twist the fibers and try to get them in straight.. all I do is take out the end layers of muji and slightly roll it between my fingers evenly to compress the pad without twisting the fibers before threading it through the coil.

Just rewicked now and vape is nice tasty and juicy. Taste will probably dropoff after this tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the part where I put just enough cotton on the juice hole to not have leaking. Fluffed out. Also tried thinning it out. Also tried thinning and chopping the top off for less wick. I get consistently zero dry hits even with chain vaping. Maybe still too much wick?

Or maybe I'm putting too much wick in between the coil? Already not putting too much cotton that I need to twist it in while pulling from one end. Used to do that haha. Do I need to put even less? I also don't twist the fibers and try to get them in straight.. all I do is take out the end layers of muji and slightly roll it between my fingers evenly to compress the pad without twisting the fibers before threading it through the coil.

Just rewicked now and vape is nice tasty and juicy. Taste will probably dropoff after this tank.

Raymo2u did a great wicking tutorial in my review on like page 3 or 4. Check it out:
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/297863/

-William Cowper

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah read that over and over. Maybe I'm still not getting it perfect. Maybe it's still vapers tongue too. Boo.

Might be, that's the best wicking tutorial for the MM on this site. If you're doing it like that flavor should be fantastic.

-William Cowper

VU Sponsors