Become a Patron!

Dry Hits?

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I currently have a sigelei 150w with a auth doge rda running at 50w's and its giving me dry hits even after dripping?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You got a pic of your rig? Followed by a brief description. Thanks.

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to rebuilding so its not the prettiest

Its 22g/26g (Dont remember) 6wraps, reads about .37 ?
When it hits good it hits hard and flavorful.

Attachments

• 20150419_194456.jpg
    20150419_194456.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your wicking isn't set up correctly. It needs to be slightly tight in the coil, tight enough so you and slide it back and fourth with a little resistance. The burned dry hit taste is the coil burning off the juice on it and not having enough ejuice to keep it wet. The photo shows burnt cotton around the coil. Re-wick it and see if that helps.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Change the cotton out. Make sure cotton can move through the coil with some friction but not so much that it unravels or rips. Then saturate the crap out of it. i can get no more than 6 or 7 pulls before i need to drip but dry hits are pretty common. Your cotton looks burned though. I try not to take a savage pull unless its the first or second after dripping. Dont know what else it could be though. Also i leave just enough cotton for the ends to sit in the well without folding. Is that a v2 doge? I switched out the center post and post screws to the stainless steel ones included in the bag of goodies.

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea thats the doge v2 it already had the steel ones, but i perfer the copper ones.
Thanks guys, will rewick right now.

Mind showing me your wick setup? Ether in PM or on here, just wanna see what it should look like or what is good for you

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg
Mine arent that neat either. 26g parallel sleeper. I been rewicking and cleaning these coils for almost a month it just hits so good @ .22 ohms.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely looks way to packed.
Also, how much are you dripping? Cotton looks bone dry and I don't see any sign of liquid having been in the wells.

Not the RDA you guys are using and my wells are much deeper, but same basic principal applies.
Make the cotton snug, still easy to slide back and forth, saturate it to the point the wells are filled to the top of the well.
Hard to tell in the pic, tried to keep it large and used a flashlight along with my cameras flash, but the juice is filled level with the edge of rda. The cotton is long enough to rest on the bottom of the juice will from both sides of the coils.

wetcotton.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely looks way to packed.
Also, how much are you dripping? Cotton looks bone dry and I don't see any sign of liquid having been in the wells.

Not the RDA you guys are using and my wells are much deeper, but same basic principal applies.
Make the cotton snug, still easy to slide back and forth, saturate it to the point the wells are filled to the top of the well.
Hard to tell in the pic, tried to keep it large and used a flashlight along with my cameras flash, but the juice is filled level with the edge of rda. The cotton is long enough to rest on the bottom of the juice will from both sides of the coils.

View attachment 19132
MMMM, Juicyness!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hmm...being loaded with juice makes the cotton thinner.

This was a rewick I did a few months ago when somebody else was asking about cotton and dry hits.
Cotton only slightly larger then the coils for a snug fit, too loose to push through the coils when twisted (I usually can only stick it half way in then use my tweezers to pull it through). Long enough to rest on the bottom of the drip wells.

cottonsize.JPG

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh i had just dried out the rda, i didnt want to have any leftover juice from previous hits since i wanted to try out my new bottle of mothers milk :p

VU Sponsors