Become a Patron!

Dry hits

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Lemo tank will not stop producing dry hits! I have tried cutting down air flow, increasing air flow, loosening the tank, placing the wick onto the juice channels, placing the wick above and beside the juice channels! Still wants to dry hit! WTF is goin on with this tank? Is it just the nature of the beast? Please help before I toss it in the garbage? Lol

Lil T Flex

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does it run on interchangeable coils? Or is it rebuildable? Because is seems to me that you just have a bad wick. Probably just burnt up

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What is the PG/VG mix of your liquid?

What is your wick material?

Not sure as I don't have one in my hand, but it could be possible to back the chimney section off just a tad to let extra liquid get to the wicks.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does it run on interchangeable coils? Or is it rebuildable? Because is seems to me that you just have a bad wick. Probably just burnt up
It's rebuildable and the wick is new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What is the PG/VG mix of your liquid?

What is your wick material?

Not sure as I don't have one in my hand, but it could be possible to back the chimney section off just a tad to let extra liquid get to the wicks.
Organic cotton 80vg/20pg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how much wick? too much cotton can "choke" a coil...you want to thread the cotton threw the coil so there is only a slight resistance...no resistance=too little, too much=choking coil...it's a delicate balance and for every atty it's different...even my kayfun clones made by different companies I have to use a different amount of wick too because they have different size juice channels so it was really a bitch to get them to wick right at first.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
how much wick? too much cotton can "choke" a coil...you want to thread the cotton threw the coil so there is only a slight resistance...no resistance=too little, too much=choking coil...it's a delicate balance and for every atty it's different...even my kayfun clones made by different companies I have to use a different amount of wick too because they have different size juice channels so it was really a bitch to get them to wick right at first.
what he said

also use a nice sized coil like 3/32 or even 7/64 that way you have enough wick inside the coil to hold lots of juice. leave the channels completely open to where the wick is pressed against the deck and you can see the channels from looking down into the chamber. even max vg juice should wick fine. if you are doing all this and still getting dry hits you just have your power too high (or building too low on a mech) lemo can handle a lot of power relatively but there is a line. dont know if you are running it that hot though just mentioning it

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what he said

also use a nice sized coil like 3/32 or even 7/64 that way you have enough wick inside the coil to hold lots of juice. leave the channels completely open to where the wick is pressed against the deck and you can see the channels from looking down into the chamber. even max vg juice should wick fine. if you are doing all this and still getting dry hits you just have your power too high (or building too low on a mech) lemo can handle a lot of power relatively but there is a line. dont know if you are running it that hot though just mentioning it
Great advice! Thanks :)

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it can be a bitch for sure! I will wick it again, even though it's a fresh wick in it now, and be careful to pay attention to how easy it goes into the coil. It went pretty good last time. Had to pull it through, but no effort doing so. Thanks :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish you good luck...wicking cotton is a pet peeve of mine even though it's nessecary, I hate rewicking...believe me, I wish cotton never went back...but it's cheap, go nuts till you feel it's wicked right...once it clicks I find my tank wicks last about a week of all day use as long as my mod doesn't unlock in my pocket and burn...it's happened a couple times with my DNA, makes for a crappy day with burned wick :)

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wish you good luck...wicking cotton is a pet peeve of mine even though it's nessecary, I hate rewicking...believe me, I wish cotton never went back...but it's cheap, go nuts till you feel it's wicked right...once it clicks I find my tank wicks last about a week of all day use as long as my mod doesn't unlock in my pocket and burn...it's happened a couple times with my DNA, makes for a crappy day with burned wick :)
Thanks again! I have plenty of Egyptian organic cotton, so it def won't hurt to waste any :)

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Pretty much this.

A little off topic, but I notched the chimneys on my Kayfuns with a Dremel directly over the channels. I run 80/20 VG/PG and that's the only way I could keep from getting dry hits. Bubbles are your friend.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty much this.

A little off topic, but I notched the chimneys on my Kayfuns with a Dremel directly over the channels. I run 80/20 VG/PG and that's the only way I could keep from getting dry hits. Bubbles are your friend.
I just might have to try that :) That's a stellar idea!

Blewt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
YMMV but ever since the notch mod I don't have to carb pull to get bubbles anymore.

Screw the chimney onto the base, mark where the channels are, and just put a little 1mm slot directly above the channels. Works well with thick/high VG juice. I've had all of mine notched for forever.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YMMV but ever since the notch mod I don't have to carb pull to get bubbles anymore.

Screw the chimney onto the base, mark where the channels are, and just put a little 1mm slot directly above the channels. Works well with thick/high VG juice. I've had all of mine notched for forever.[/QUOTE
I just finished doing that, and it's working just fine! No dry hits yet :) Thanks for the help!

VU Sponsors