Become a Patron!

Dry Hits Pharaoh RTA

Justinww11

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys I just put a .2 ohm parallel coil build in my pharaoh. I wicked it like I normally do and it's always worked great but I've been getting semi-dry hits with little to no flavor. I got new juice yesterday that's 3mg 80/20 vg/pg that I've been using. After about a couple hours of vaping on it I decided to unscrew the base and I found that the cotton looks pretty dry compared to what I think it should look like. Am I using too much cotton or is it just not able to suck up the 80 vg juice? Not sure what to do here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would thin it in the channel. Just loosely lay it in there. Just snug in the coil.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
By channel I mean the hole you can see from the outside once it's all together.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How do I get it loose enough but keep it from leaking

I use three pharoah and only have leak issues when I don't tighten the top all the way down on the base then back the tank up, while holding the base, to expose the air holes. I've never had to stuff it with wick to stop it from leaking.

Generally, when I wick mine I pull the cotton through and bend it down to know where to cut it. I thin it with a teeny screw driver. Then I cut the ends in a V and gently place them in the channel. I don't pack them and I move them around to make sure they can breath.

Then I wet it, put it together like I told you and fill it. I always remember to hold the base when backing the tank off to the air holes because I tightened it down.

Also, if the air holes on the bottom are open when you fill it, it will leak all over your hand.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, remember that the loose wicks in the channel will expand with juice so they will no longer be that loose.

Justinww11

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use three pharoah and only have leak issues when I don't tighten the top all the way down on the base then back the tank up, while holding the base, to expose the air holes. I've never had to stuff it with wick to stop it from leaking.

Generally, when I wick mine I pull the cotton through and bend it down to know where to cut it. I thin it with a teeny screw driver. Then I cut the ends in a V and gently place them in the channel. I don't pack them and I move them around to make sure they can breath.

Then I wet it, put it together like I told you and fill it. I always remember to hold the base when backing the tank off to the air holes because I tightened it down.

Also, if the air holes on the bottom are open when you fill it, it will leak all over your hand.

Will this give it better flavor too?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will this give it better flavor too?

It should because there are no dry hits. I use a spaced 26g SS316L in tc mode, normally, and have great flavor with no dry hits. I do 9 or 10 wraps. I did a single SS 316l clapton I made, 26/38 I think, and that tasted really good too. To be honest, it was not enough difference for the trouble.

I tried parallel coils but did not like them. I like 22g contact 7 to 9 wrap for lower mode, from my Mech days.

Try the spaced ss316l I mentioned.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Continued: My mods for tc are hohm slice, g2, charon and the voopoo drag. They all work great.

Justinww11

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my ideas from him.

Fixed the dry hit issue but his video made me realize another issue. I always thought my tank was leaking because of the way I wicked it but it's leaking from the press fit seal. Is there a way I can fix this? It only leaks sometimes

Justinww11

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my ideas from him.

Fixed the dry hit issue but his video made me realize another issue. I always thought my tank was leaking because of the way I wicked it but it's leaking from the press fit seal. Is there a way I can fix this? It only leaks sometimes

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Contact the seller. My seller sent me another base for one that had a short 510.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I sent the video to you because I thought that may be the issue.

Justinww11

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One question. Is the base and coil area screwed down all the way? They unscrew for cleaning.

Which part are you talking about screwing in? It's leaking between the base and the part where the deck screws in

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which part are you talking about screwing in? It's leaking between the base and the part where the deck screws in

The base, where the air holes are, and the upper part, where the deck screws are unscrews apart for cleaning. I was checking that they are tight.

I'm at work so I can't take a picture.

Justinww11

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The base, where the air holes are, and the upper part, where the deck screws are unscrews apart for cleaning. I was checking that they are tight.

I'm at work so I can't take a picture.

I just now unscrewed everything. Replaced all rubber seals and put it back together as right as possible I'll see how it holds up

VU Sponsors