Become a Patron!

Dry hits on 30mm rta

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I have a 30mm Beast RTA by Ohmega. I want to use it so bad but I keep getting dry hits. I've tried adjusting the juice flow control, changing the cotton SEVERAL times, different juice, nothing works. So are there any tips out there for a noob with RTA's like me? lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude.... I have that tank
Please tell us the
Wattage
Coils
Ohms..
Are you sure you getting Jooze on the coils?
Are you sure your Jooze ports are open?
Do you have the correct amount of cotton!?

Pics would help us...
thanks man!

I BAM

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Dude.... I have that tank
Please tell us the
Wattage
Coils
Ohms..
Are you sure you getting Jooze on the coils?
Are you sure your Jooze ports are open?
Do you have the correct amount of cotton!?

Pics would help us...
thanks man!

I BAM
I'm at school atm lol. But I'm not sure what coils are in it. It ohms out at .34 I run it at 60 watts, I'm getting juice on the coils. I have tried different amounts of cotton several times, and I have the juice ports wide open. @bucksfan1976 what kind of coils are in it? They look like caterpillar tracks

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Ok... I hope the coils aren’t too small inside diameter!
Did you try lower wattage?

I BAM
I tried down to 50 and it would barely hit lol. And they are pretty decent sized coils. ID is 2.5-3 looks more like 3 tbh

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried down to 50 and it would barely hit lol. And they are pretty decent sized coils. ID is 2.5-3 looks more like 3 tbh

Ahhh.... barely hit? You don’t get enough vapor? Or nicotine hit?

I have 3.5 fused Clapton coils on my beast with an inside diameter of 3.5 5wraps
I don’t vape 100% vg, I’m mostly vaping 70/30...

I think you have a wicking problem...
try BURPING THE BEAST!
When refilling Jooze,make sure JC is close and AF! Take the top cap off, put Jooze, put the cap back on, flip your tank upside down,then open the JC, then flip it back, you should see bubbles, you should be good to go!

I BAM

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Ahhh.... barely hit? You don’t get enough vapor? Or nicotine hit?

I have 3.5 fused Clapton coils on my beast with an inside diameter of 3.5 5wraps
I don’t vape 100% vg, I’m mostly vaping 70/30...

I think you have a wicking problem...
try BURPING THE BEAST!
When refilling Jooze,make sure JC is close and AF! Take the top cap off, put Jooze, put the cap back on, flip your tank upside down,then open the JC, then flip it back, you should see bubbles, you should be good to go!

I BAM
That's how I do it. I see bubbles, but i still get dry hits. But, if I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes I can get a hit. I just like to chain vape sometimes and the juice doesn't seem to be getting to the cotton properly

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's how I do it. I see bubbles, but i still get dry hits. But, if I let it sit for about 5-10 minutes I can get a hit. I just like to chain vape sometimes and the juice doesn't seem to be getting to the cotton properly

Lol! Give it a rest man! GEEZUZ!
Drip if you want to vape often!

I BAM

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Lol! Give it a rest man! GEEZUZ!
Drip if you want to vape often!

I BAM
I do drip. That's my preferred choice. But I hate having a nice big RTA laying around that I'll never use. So I want to believe I can make it work. TBH I'm probably gonna make a thread tonight with a bunch of tanks for sale. And a Cherry bomber clone

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do drip. That's my preferred choice. But I hate having a nice big RTA laying around that I'll never use. So I want to believe I can make it work. TBH I'm probably gonna make a thread tonight with a bunch of tanks for sale. And a Cherry bomber clone

Tank when driving,drip when doing nothing!

I BAM

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Tank when driving,drip when doing nothing!

I BAM
I can't get my license so I can drip all the time lol. I honestly only use rda's but I want to try and get back into tanks/rta's as well just can never find any to satisfy my wants lol

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't get my license so I can drip all the time lol. I honestly only use rda's but I want to try and get back into tanks/rta's as well just can never find any to satisfy my wants lol

And that’s why I’m an RDA guy, the boreas by augvape is the only rta that I tried that gave me the closest rda experience....some vapers said the MODFATHER tank is very good, and there’s more out there....
Dripping is the only satisfying way IMO...

I BAM

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
And that’s why I’m an RDA guy, the boreas by augvape is the only rta that I tried that gave me the closest rda experience....some vapers said the MODFATHER tank is very good, and there’s more out there....
Dripping is the only satisfying way IMO...

I am an RDA guy. Just don't like having to drip all the time. Maybe I'll get a squonk lol. Then I won't need a tank xD

i recently had this problem with my modfather 30mm... and i know i wick it rite b/c i could chain vape it b4.. i even went as far as drilling the jooze holes in the bottom of the build deck to 3mm which is like 2x bigger..... lmao i feel stupid after i found the problem... turns out the o-ring that seals the bottom over the deck came off and fell in the outer perimeter where the jooze comes down from the tank.. you wouldn't have known it was there unless u took a thin screwdriver and checked if there was anything in there. put it back where it was supposed to be and now w/ the bigger holes i can vape n vape n vape w/o ever getting dry hits!! i was this close ' ' to throwing the modfather against the wall

VU Sponsors