Become a Patron!

Dropping as an alternative to vaping - Sublingual

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He seems to have wayward decimal points. :teehee:

Andria

I stay wayward! Yes! I'm always lost in the woods. Damned to do, damned to not. :) *chuckles*

Somebody asked me if I knew where I was going, "Nope, but I'll get there quicker." ;) :)

How do you tell when your apathy is broken? You realize you don't care that you don't care. :)

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You get MAOIs in WTA
Never enough and I really disliked it.

I did use snuff which was my favourite. De Kralingse was great.

Snus was not hitting the spot. The best I got was from chewing on a tiny bit of vanilla cavendish. Never lasted long enough.

Would the citric acid also neutralize some nicotine,

It makes Nicotine Citrate. It's still good.

you should start a thread and explain your procedure from a 100mg bottle of free base nic all the way down to finnished

I'll try to explain it from the start with 100mg nic. You'll have to excuse me if it's still not clear. I have some cognitive problems after a severe reaction to vaccine while applying for a job as a nurse years ago. Me stupid now.

using 100mg/ml PG or VG NIc and to make 10ml at 20mg/ml

put 2ml(2g appox) of 100mg/ml of nic in a dropper bottle
put 100mg of Citric Acid in bottle.
put 8ml (8g) of water in.
shake until all citric acid crystals dissolve.
Done.

I may try and make it with Malibu next time. In that case.

put 2ml(2g appox) of 100mg/ml of nic in a dropper bottle
put 100mg of Citric Acid in bottle.
--- shake and leave for a few minutes for Nicotine and Citric acid to react
put in 8ml of Malibu.

Done

>I am stupid now. I wrote 1g of citric acid. It's supposed to be 100mg. Fixed

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have some cognitive problems

You're talking about the author Saul Goode, he's written many of us here into the story with cognitive problems. At times I've difficulty reading the sarcasm from my witch, or the seriousness from her. Do not drive in part due to that as well. Not autistic, least not ever diagnosed as such but when I try to drive it's "too much coming in" for me, I lock up in fear.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never enough and I really disliked it.

I did use snuff which was my favourite. De Kralingse was great.

Snus was not hitting the spot. The best I got was from chewing on a tiny bit of vanilla cavendish. Never lasted long enough.

Ah. I never vaped it alone, but mixed it into my strawberry & cream; at first, when I was mixing it (WholeCig's 24mg version, unflavored) at 10% of the total of the juice, I did need to use more sweetener, but that need declined as I gradually weaned off it -- it took 15 months, much more challenging than lowering nicotine, but worth it, since the FDA was making threatening gestures RE: vaping in general, and it seemed to me that WTA was very low-hanging fruit -- I didn't want to find myself in a position of still needing it, and having it become unavailable. I still use it from time to time, a drop or two into my RDA if I'm stressing, and it helps, but it's no longer a real necessity just to get by.

Andria

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do not drive in part due to that as well. Not autistic, least not ever diagnosed as such but when I try to drive it's "too much coming in" for me, I lock up in fear.

Yeah, the brain is an interesting thing. I had trouble thinking, speaking and walking an hour after the vaccine. Always falling asleep. I slowly improved a little. It's easier to talk now but the cognitive problems and fatigue have stayed. Luckily I never get depressed ;)

you should start a thread and explain your procedure from a 100mg bottle of free base nic all the way down to finnished product and where to get the citirc acid ect...and the dosages you've experimented with..be a resource for people who would like to give it a try...and be able to answer any questions they might have about trying this

No idea of where to start that thread??? or even if I could write it clearer.

Citric acid is usually in the baking section. Used in jam and stuff like that. In Australia this stuff is everywhere.

Dosage. As much as you want. Same as vaping. Too much and you'll get a headache. Start with 20mg/ml

there are approximately 30 drops in 1ml

At 20mg/ml, 1 drop of juice is about 0.66.mg of nicotine
At 30mg/ml, 1 drop of juice is about 1mg of nicotine
40 is 1.3
50 is 1.6
(mg per ml divided by 30 drops[approx] = mg per drop)

That makes it close to the usual gum levels of 1-3mg

The idea is to make it so 1 drop is just enough. 2 drops is a good hit and 3 drops will really hit hard.

Use as much as you want. I sometimes do it a few times in 10min and other times not for 30-40min. Doesn't matter, like vaping.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Citric acid?
Sublingual nicotine salts.
This means you don't have to be hardcore DIY to make it, because you can easily buy nicotine salt liquid at 30 mg/mL, granted that is a bit higher than OP uses, and there will be PG, and probably too much flavoring. But it could be an option.

Hey OP what is the issue with PG?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

LBAcRdw.jpg

CINM6nf.jpg

WTA infused chocolate coated coffee beans

i made them as stocking stuffers for xmas

:)

the biggest concern with sublingual nic is mouth blisters lol, just be sure to test low concentrations first and work your way up

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm intrigued. I've been vaping 14 months now and I'm grateful that I was able to quit smoking because of it. However, I find it all very tiresome at times. I threw myself into the deep end of the pool as soon as I began. I DIY, make coils, squonk, etc. I've always disliked the amount of time I have spent doing this and today I grudgingly mixed for two hours just restocking my ADVs. I'm tired of always having to make sure I've got two mods and a carrying case of juice and batteries whenever I go out; of staying on top of all my batteries; of ordering stuff and having to go down to customs and convincing them to give me my stuff; of wicking tanks; leaking tanks and RDAs. I'm just tired.

I don't know how much I need the routine/process or whatever you want to call it to stay off the cigs. I don't know if I only need nicotine. I need to find out.

Last September I had returned to work and a friend had a vape he had picked up over the summer. I was totally oblivious to vaping, no exaggeration at all in that I had no idea what it was. I had seen the term and some pictures and had given it not one thought. Stuart explained it to me as I smoked a cigarette. I was intrigued and here I am today. Vaping has its hooks in me as much as cigarettes ever did. I just don't like have any hooks in me.

Thanks user579 for bringing this to my attention.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've posted this on ecf, they deleted it :D

Doesn't surprise me because it may not have broken any rules but over there it is up to a Moderator or Administrators discretion what is against the rules and those MOD's are assholes. Difference here is you won't get your post deleted but do have to read what some assholes have to post with their opinions.

My opinion is I do not particularly care for e-Liquid in my mouth and was not a big fan of how the SNUS made my mouth feel! Good luck with your Sublingual Nicotine and thanks for posting the information as it might help others. There are many who post about dropping their e-Liquids when they can't vape so not much different!

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I forgot to mention.
You can get cheap pH test strips on ebay. About $1

I think this works best with a pH just under 8. Anywhere from 7-8 is fine to test. See what you think works better

That method will work for those without scales or want to test lemon juice.

> I'll ad this to the first post.

ATM using about 3-4ml/day. Somewhere around 60-80mg of nic is total intake for the day. Amount of nic seems to be reducing slowly. Not that it matters. Whatever is needed is not a problem.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot to mention.
You can get cheap pH test strips on ebay. About $1

I think this works best with a pH just under 8. Anywhere from 7-8 is fine to test. See what you think works better

That method will work for those without scales or want to test lemon juice.

ATM using about 3-4ml/day. Somewhere around 60-80mg of nic is total intake for the day. Amount of nic seems to be reducing slowly. Not that it matters. Whatever is needed is not a problem.

You are taking 3 ml of 60 mg nicotine solution a day?

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No

3ml x 20mg/ml = 60mg

I'm also averaging this amount over a 30ml bottle. Use seems to be slowing.

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This means you don't have to be hardcore DIY to make it, because you can easily buy nicotine salt liquid at 30 mg/mL, granted that is a bit higher than OP uses, and there will be PG, and probably too much flavoring. But it could be an option.
Hey OP what is the issue with PG?

You could buy 100mg/ml nic salt in VG and the dilute it.
2 parts water, 1 part nic salts is 33mg/ml
3 parts water, 1 part nic salts is 25mg/ml
4 parts water, 1 part nic salts is 20mg/ml

I just think water works better than all VG. It you try it and think it does not make a difference, use all VG

You'd still need to check the pH.

About PG. I'm a little suspicious of it to use it every day use for years. Google around and you'll find it's in lots of things but everyday use is rare. Most places list no side effects while a few mention a strain on the liver. Besides that, it tastes bad.

I personally chose 200-300mg/day of PG as my limit for a year or two max (when my stocks run low). Then I'm buying all VG nic. The strong stuff (x5)

>I made a mistake so recheck http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-vaping-sublingual.381121/page-2#post-1997332

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You get MAOIs in WTA. But you won't get them at all from plain nicotine, no matter how you ingest it.

Andria
No.

You get all the alkaloids of tobacco. Not the maoi content (which is fuck all)(that means miniscule if I am speaking too aussie again)

Maoi aren't alkaloids

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No.

You get all the alkaloids of tobacco. Not the maoi content (which is fuck all)(that means miniscule if I am speaking too aussie again)

Maoi aren't alkaloids

I was told that they are alkaloids? If they're alkaloids and you get the whole alkaloid cocktail, then it would stand to reason that they're included. I know that if I'm stressed or upset and I add a drop or two of WTA to my Achilles, it helps quite a bit. I can't think any of the other alkaloids would have that effect.

Andria

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've don some more reading thinking about long term use.
About pH, saliva and tooth decay (~6.4 or less)) or formation of plaque (7.4-7.6+.)

I don't think it's a huge problem. In many countries cities the water from your tap is around pH 7.6. Many foods are nowhere near neutral.

Still, a pH between 7 & 8 is probably best. I'm waiting on some new test strips. My last ones were over 10 years old.

I'll post when I get them.

Who sells nic salts at a decent price?
Citrate?, Hydrochloride?, malate, other

If it's too expensive I wont buy and if they don't specify the real name and just salts, I won't buy.

> I may test Malic Acid in the future.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No.

Maoi aren't alkaloids
Yes.

"Working with mainstream smoke collected from commercial cigarettes we confirmed that cigarette smoke is a potent inhibitor of human MAO-A and -B isozymes. MAO inhibition was partly reversible, competitive for MAO-A, and a mixed-type inhibition for MAO-B. Two beta-carboline alkaloids, norharman (beta-carboline) and harman (1-methyl-beta-carboline), were identified by GC-MS, quantified, and isolated from the mainstream smoke by solid phase extraction and HPLC. Kinetics analysis revealed that beta-carbolines from cigarette smoke were competitive, reversible, and potent inhibitors of MAO enzymes. "

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Think you'll find the closer to 7 pH you stick to the better. This is what is suggested as the ideal pH for most living bodies/cells. If you go over about 7.5 I think it is, you run the risk of an imbalance which could be fetal if continued long term and that term is subjective for each entity. I cannot say exacting measures and would not here as I'm no doctor by any means. Do recall though being told by a doc once about 7 pH being the ideal though, it is also the pH naturally of water, or at least ought to be barring contaminates. Take this advice with two grains of salt and do your own looking up of such facts, talk to medical personnel you trust. I'm only passing on from personal experience as objectively as I can. Also I'm human forgive me of RAM lapses. ;) :) Sometimes I recall things better, or worse than reality manifests them.

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes I recall things better, or worse than reality manifests them.
Same. and 3 can be 30

pH 7 is always best but a little off is not a big deal for everyday use
If you are bored
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH

I read some more and 6.8-7.2 is more ideal. I still think between 7-8 is good enough. If it wasn't peoples teeth would falling out just from eating normal foods.

Bought these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Useful-...liva-Acid-Alkaline-80-Strips-MDA/142174595211
probably get these instead for clearer results. Maybe these for rougher testing too.

should be good enough to get between 7 & 7.5. If it's not as good I'll try nicotine malate. If that makes no difference then I'll keep making it the was I always have.

>a week later and it's about 1.5ml/day of 20mg/ml. That's 30mg total. I may have to reduce to 15mg/ml soon.

> another week later. About 1.5ml/day of 10mg/ml. That's 15mg total. It works just like vaping. You have to cut back as it feels stronger over time.
I think I'll be staying at 10mg for a few months, maybe.

Last edited:

user579

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
another week later.
8mg/ml and about 1-1.5ml/day

these are the best pH stips
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100pcs-N...egnancy-Test-Paper-PH-4-5-9-0-TB/352195997670

I looked up nicorette spray. It's 1mg (nicotine hydrochloride) which is more than my start at 0.66mg(sometimes 2 drops)
It's around $45 a bottle though. That's about $10/day. $3650 a year. I spent around $1500 a year smoking :D
My mix costs about $50 a year. Maybe $100 if you add waste(+5%), scales($20), bottles($10), pH test ($3), citric or malic acid (+$5)

VU Sponsors