Become a Patron!

Drone Squonker

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else have the Drone yet?.....I bought two, but there is a problem with the juice bottle. When you squonk the battery cover pops off on one side, which is really screwed up for a mod at this price-point.

Anyway, if you install a soft italian bottle it works perfectly.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wow - haven't had that problem yet - but only built it late last night

Been honking on an Orca I got from Minimal and haven't hardly used it

Thanks for the heads up!

I thought the bottle felt kinda cheap and was a little hard for a not-so-cheap mod

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else have the Drone yet?.....I bought two, but there is a problem with the juice bottle. When you squonk the battery cover pops off on one side, which is really screwed up for a mod at this price-point.

Anyway, if you install a soft italian bottle it works perfectly.
Yep same here....
d7e3359328313efe237dd774c8a315b0.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow - haven't had that problem yet - but only built it late last night

Been honking on an Orca I got from Minimal and haven't hardly used it

Thanks for the heads up!

I thought the bottle felt kinda cheap and was a little hard for a not-so-cheap mod
Indeed Juice, the bottle is certainly not as soft as the italian, so I tossed the bottles which came with um. I think the bottle held 10 ml, the italian 7.5-8, so not a bad trade-off.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Indeed Juice, the bottle is certainly not as soft as the italian, so I tossed the bottles which came with um. I think the bottle held 10 ml, the italian 7.5-8, so not a bad trade-off.
Mine doesn't pop all the way off but it does have a little movement.

On to the bottle/squonking itself, I am having issue with it not feeding juice very well when I press on the bottle. I am not an experienced squonker so I'm wondering if this has to do with bottle itself?

Where can you order the bottles and tubing you mentioned?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

On to the bottle/squonking itself, I am having issue with it not feeding juice very well when I press on the bottle. I am not an experienced squonker so I'm wondering if this has to do with bottle itself?

I think Rob at REO mods has the Italian bottles and tubing in-stock. Wish I would have tossed a couple in the box I sent you. I bought a shit load of Italian bottles on two different occasions.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think Rob at REO mods has the Italian bottles and tubing in-stock. Wish I would have tossed a couple in the box I sent you. I bought a shit load of Italian bottles on two different occasions.
Thanks my man, I will order some from Rob.

Can't wait to get gooned, the velocity mini is just meh and looks odd sitting atop!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had that problem with mine. But I gave it to vaper friend with podgy fingers, and he did shift the cover when he tried squeezing the bottle, and kind of caught his thumb on the edge of the squonking window. He told me I was crazy to pay so much for a mod with a design fault - to which I answered he might be the one with shoddily designed body parts :)

So, the cover is fine for those with dainty fingers I guess.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had that problem with mine. But I gave it to vaper friend with podgy fingers, and he did shift the cover when he tried squeezing the bottle, and kind of caught his thumb on the edge of the squonking window. He told me I was crazy to pay so much for a mod with a design fault - to which I answered he might be the one with shoddily designed body parts :)

So, the cover is fine for those with dainty fingers I guess.

There goes my chance at buying one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually

Well, to be honest, it's a small window even for my slim fingers. I've been thinking of enlarging it by filing the edge of the "slope". But since the mod is brand-new and I'm not too bothered, I'm hesitating. Maybe later...
maybe something with the new DNA 75C chipset

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

BPROSEK, you may have already tried this, but try pressing higher on the bottle. Lost Vape put the squonk hole a bit low on the Therion and I noticed that it's easier if I press at the highest point on the bottle.

BTW, I'm listening to you folks who were first adopters to see what issues this mod has before I seriously consider it.

Chris

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not many issues with Lost Vape squonkers. The Therion was almost flawless, and so far the Drone seems even better and doesn't disappoint. Like all mods, it has its quirks. But it has fewer than most, and almost nothing to truly complain about. Now all that remains to be seen is how well it fares as it gets used and abused. Only time will tell. But I have a feeling it'll keep performing well for a long time.

The only squonker I find a tad better overall than the Drone is the VT Inbox. But then it's a single 18650 mod, so not the same beast. I really wish Hcigar put out a dual-battery version of the VT Inbox without compromising what makes this box great - namely easy access to the bottle and the battery, and the clean design of it all.

As for good dual battery squonkers, for me, a close second to the Drone is the Gbox S100: it's surprisingly effective, doesn't leak and works very well indeed. What makes it less good than the Drone is the Geekvape chipset: it works well but it ain't no DNA. If the S100 had a DNA board, it'd be perfect.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Finally got mine today! My door looks exactly like your Lucy slightly off that side ...doesn't make a nice click when I put the door onto the device either?

I'm overwhelmed by escribe never had a DNA mod before do we have a help section somewhere?

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm overwhelmed by escribe never had a DNA mod before do we have a help section somewhere?
If you don't find help on VU,go to Evolv's website.They have a series of tutorial videos on using Escribe,and I believe there is a link there for the DNA200 early adapters forum.PBusardo also did some videos on escribe back when the dna200 first came out.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Finally got mine today! My door looks exactly like your Lucy slightly off that side ...doesn't make a nice click when I put the door onto the device either?

The door issues and other less than perfect tolerances do suck...

For DNA the go to guy is Stevewingsfan, he is an awesome guy and goes out of his way to help in getting everything setup and working awesomely. He has many posts with step by step instructions, I would recommend shooting him a pm and he will send you everything directly via email.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks guys will check all that out I'll stick it on wattage for now lol

IMG_1049.JPG

Had to try the ShenRay hadalay first l! This is the moment I've been waiting for since I first joined this forum and started that newbie squonker hopefully thread

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Impressed with 3FVape considering I ordered the icon and this hadaly 2 weeks ago already with me

Vape is fantastic! Need to break it in though and get used to this whole squonking business

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
BP's advice is probably best :)

QUOTE="KingPin!, post: 1697010, member: 63890"]Finally got mine today! My door looks exactly like your Lucy slightly off that side ...doesn't make a nice click when I put the door onto the device either?

I'm overwhelmed by escribe never had a DNA mod before do we have a help section somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I've never updated software on a mod in my life and never vape anything but wattage mode, even with my small handful of DNA devices :p

donny57

Member For 3 Years

Hey " KingPin" congrats...on the Drone !! I also like yourself got mine about a half hour ago. I know nothing about DNA mods either so don't feel to alone !!LOL
I'm not finding the battery door problem when squonking But the battery door does definitely slip on easily. I'm just soo excited to have something of this quality to use. I'm sure with a little googling and VU help we should be fine . Enjoy !

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey " KingPin" congrats...on the Drone !! I also like yourself got mine about a half hour ago. I know nothing about DNA mods either so don't feel to alone !!LOL
I'm not finding the battery door problem when squonking But the battery door does definitely slip on easily. I'm just soo excited to have something of this quality to use. I'm sure with a little googling and VU help we should be fine . Enjoy !
No need googlefu, just pm Steve @Wingsfan0310

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BP's advice is probably best :)

QUOTE="KingPin!, post: 1697010, member: 63890"]Finally got mine today! My door looks exactly like your Lucy slightly off that side ...doesn't make a nice click when I put the door onto the device either?

I've never updated software on a mod in my life and never vape anything but wattage mode, even with my small handful of DNA devices :p[/QUOTE]
Djslvapes on YouTube.... The dude is Daniel..... All DNA update info and how to do it.... And custom curves, and screen savers....

donny57

Member For 3 Years
I've never updated software on a mod in my life and never vape anything but wattage mode, even with my small handful of DNA devices :p
Djslvapes on YouTube.... The dude is Daniel..... All DNA update info and how to do it.... And custom curves, and screen savers....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Back to You Tube I go !! Thanks....
Guess I'll need to pay attention now !
Cheers

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah I'll do some digging and pm Steve thanks guys also here's one the icon on :)

IMG_1059.JPG

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Had a little go with escribe today actually not too bad really intuitive managed to figure it all out ....vaping the hadaly clone on temp control it's just an outstanding vape

Also created a new open screen for myself whilst pissing around lol

IMG_1065.JPG
IMG_1065.JPG

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
For those who don't give a crap about escribe and vape in wattage only ...good news is the drone didn't need a firmware update mine was using the latest ...apparently my chip was programmed in January according to escribe :)

@donny57

Found these basic settings you can at least control the device a little without escribe if it helps

When in Main screen without locking

Hold Up/Down (5 sec) to lock wattage or temp (Temp-Dominant dependent)

Hold Up/Down (5 sec) then twice Up (or Down) to change Profile

When Locked (5 clicks)

Hold Up/Down (5 sec) adjusts temp or wattage (Temp-Dominant dependent)

Hold Fire/Up (5 sec) lock ohms

Hold Fire/Dn (5 sec) Stealth/Normal mode

Hold Fire/UD (5 sec) Change Material

donny57

Member For 3 Years
For those who don't give a crap about escribe and vape in wattage only ...good news is the drone didn't need a firmware update mine was using the latest ...apparently my chip was programmed in January according to escribe :)

@donny57

Found these basic settings you can at least control the device a little without escribe if it helps

When in Main screen without locking

Hold Up/Down (5 sec) to lock wattage or temp (Temp-Dominant dependent)

Hold Up/Down (5 sec) then twice Up (or Down) to change Profile

When Locked (5 clicks)

Hold Up/Down (5 sec) adjusts temp or wattage (Temp-Dominant dependent)

Hold Fire/Up (5 sec) lock ohms

Hold Fire/Dn (5 sec) Stealth/Normal mode

Hold Fire/UD (5 sec) Change Material

Thanks KingPin

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
One thing I did come accross guys in escribe when using manufacturer view they have set the low voltage cut off to 2.8v per battery I've changed mine to 3.2v don't like dipping that low on the batteries especially if running at higher wattages puts more current draw on the batteries when low

I know the easy fix is to swap the batteries before it hits the cut off but still sometimes I'm not watching the screen

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not many issues with Lost Vape squonkers. The Therion was almost flawless, and so far the Drone seems even better and doesn't disappoint. Like all mods, it has its quirks. But it has fewer than most, and almost nothing to truly complain about. Now all that remains to be seen is how well it fares as it gets used and abused. Only time will tell. But I have a feeling it'll keep performing well for a long time.

The only squonker I find a tad better overall than the Drone is the VT Inbox. But then it's a single 18650 mod, so not the same beast. I really wish Hcigar put out a dual-battery version of the VT Inbox without compromising what makes this box great - namely easy access to the bottle and the battery, and the clean design of it all.

As for good dual battery squonkers, for me, a close second to the Drone is the Gbox S100: it's surprisingly effective, doesn't leak and works very well indeed. What makes it less good than the Drone is the Geekvape chipset: it works well but it ain't no DNA. If the S100 had a DNA board, it'd be perfect.
Those are the only 2 problems I have with my therion. Bottles are hard as rocks compared to the inbox bottles. And squonk cutout at bottom of the bottle. Inbox is probably better squonk ability. I have both. I'm laboring over getting one of these I've gotten to be happy with the lower watt vaping. Got my vt 133 and dual coil rda out yesterday and dripped a little at 80 watts like I used too and wow not sure I'm into that anymore. Oh and explaining to the wife why I need ANOTHER mod lol.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Figure out how to use those dna for temp control it is worth it. Imo

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a little go with escribe today actually not too bad really intuitive managed to figure it all out ....vaping the hadaly clone on temp control it's just an outstanding vape

Also created a new open screen for myself whilst pissing around lol

View attachment 80209
View attachment 80209
Temp control is the future of squonking. And the future is now.!! Lol do I sound like rip tripping.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Temp control is the future of squonking. And the future is now.!! Lol do I sound like rip tripping.

Steve sent me all his profiles so loaded them on then just amended some of the settings jobs a gooden! Temp control is great if you dial it in right

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steve sent me all his profiles so loaded them on then just amended some of the settings jobs a gooden! Temp control is great if you dial it in right
There is a little program you make your own screens with I'll try get a link

Application V1.1.02

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Application V1.1.02

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Not doing something right it's on evolves forums called theme generator

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
And thanks to the great members here... who bought all my old stuff... I now have a Drone... I love Lost Vape but the battery cover is a pain to get off, kinda easy to displace when you press the bottle with your thumb, and the bottle takes a whole lot of squeezing when lower than half full.

So while I know I got a great quality mod, little disappointed with the quirks. Honestly if the 510 on the Dripbox 160 was centered of at least a little further in, it might be the better of the 2... Heresy, I know.

Anyways, them long truck rides won't be an issue anymore.

IMG_20170426_172526_zpsq3rrdni1.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And thanks to the great members here... who bought all my old stuff... I now have a Drone... I love Lost Vape but the battery cover is a pain to get off, kinda easy to displace when you press the bottle with your thumb, and the bottle takes a whole lot of squeezing when lower than half full.

So while I know I got a great quality mod, little disappointed with the quirks. Honestly if the 510 on the Dripbox 160 was centered of at least a little further in, it might be the better of the 2... Heresy, I know.

Add this.... And never refilling from new your to California non stop....
05167295188bb601120ec6ce2b9f26b0.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Get rid of the bottle, stick a soft italian bottle in it, then she's good to go....!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Get rid of the bottle, stick a soft italian bottle in it, then she's good to go....!

Yeah noticed this on mine need to pick up some new bottles as the stock one is shite way to hard causes the door to shift ...do you know where I can source some decent 11 ml bottles inspects?

VU Sponsors