Become a Patron!

Dripbox 160....

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Gang,I just picked up a Dripbox 160 starter kit,new,sealed and it has a build installed in the atty that it comes with,Anyone know what the coil is made of?....I can't find anything on the net about it so I thought to ask here....Thanks!....Z Man....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it is Kanthal. It is not a TC build.
Also the vaping is not the best using the prebuilt coils.
Use the RDA deck and build your own. Put the coils up high. put the top of the coils is even with the top of the build posts and it is a pretty good vape.
Of course you can use different Squonk attys on it too. Goon clones work well on them.

Last edited:

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep,I just filled it and used the installed coil and cotton last night,and was not impressed!....I tried to find out the material the coils are made from,the core size and wrap wire size on the premade coils and the spares it comes with in the kit,I did find out the diff between the premade deck it also comes with,it is Kanthol wire I found out,I'm not going to use it and will keep it it the spares box....Well I just now pulled the cotton out and dry fired the coils,pulled them up to the top of the posts,and used Cotton Bacon for the wick....BOY!...What a difference!....Better flavor and wetting of wick is perfect now!....What wattage should the coils should be ran?....Z Man....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep,I just filled it and used the installed coil and cotton last night,and was not impressed!....I tried to find out the material the coils are made from,the core size and wrap wire size on the premade coils and the spares it comes with in the kit,I did find out the diff between the premade deck it also comes with,it is Kanthol wire I found out,I'm not going to use it and will keep it it the spares box....Well I just now pulled the cotton out and dry fired the coils,pulled them up to the top of the posts,and used Cotton Bacon for the wick....BOY!...What a difference!....Better flavor and wetting of wick is perfect now!....What wattage should the coils should be ran?....Z Man....
Just raise the wattage a bit at a time until you find the best vape for you.
It is different for all coils and people.
I make my own coils. Easy to do you just need some Kanthal wire or SS316L if you want to try TC.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What atties are you thinking of modding for BF?

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought my wife a dropbox 160 in the RDA that comes with it has zero flavor I had to go out and get her a different RDA now she loves it. I got her the new icon and it has amazing flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought my wife a dropbox 160 in the RDA that comes with it has zero flavor I had to go out and get her a different RDA now she loves it. I got her the new icon and it has amazing flavor

As I posted if you use the RDA deck and put the top of the cils up to the top of the posts then it is a pretty nice vape.
but having them way down below the airflow is poor vapin.
I like my origional atty once I figured out how to build it. It has just as good flavor as my Goon clones and such.
And the best thing is you can almost never flood it out the airholes by over squonkiing.

morfius1963

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried that and it melted the top cap.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What atties are you thinking of modding for BF?
I have not even thought about it,I have a few,but I've been using the Twisted Messes,both v1 and Squared on My Noisy Cricket....I have the rx200 for My ADV with a ToBeCo super tank and the .9 ohm C-Cell coils,but ADV is going to change with this new Squonk mod....I do have the Vortice rda that came with a Squonk pin,but I don't like the airflow setup on it,might use the pin in something else....And I have been using the Freakshow mini on a Ijust 2 batt as a knock around,the Derringer is another that I like,I have read that its been done on the Derringer before,but I dont know about the F/S...anything can be made to work with a Lil' tweakin'....Even the atty on this Puppy! as I have already made It better with some fiddlin'....Z

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried all ways to get the best out of the stock rda and it's rubbish. Get the goon with a squonk pin totally brings squonking alive I love the drip box now but threw the stock in the bin..also use the velocity with squonk pin .. honestly it's a great box and love the way you can swap with the spare bottle when out and about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have not even thought about it,I have a few,but I've been using the Twisted Messes,both v1 and Squared on My Noisy Cricket....I have the rx200 for My ADV with a ToBeCo super tank and the .9 ohm C-Cell coils,but ADV is going to change with this new Squonk mod....I do have the Vortice rda that came with a Squonk pin,but I don't like the airflow setup on it,might use the pin in something else....And I have been using the Freakshow mini on a Ijust 2 batt as a knock around,the Derringer is another that I like,I have read that its been done on the Derringer before,but I dont know about the F/S...anything can be made to work with a Lil' tweakin'....Even the atty on this Puppy! as I have already made It better with some fiddlin'....Z

Someone gave me a modded Freakshow - wasn't bad at all

Derringer, very popular. Not sure what size squonk pin it takes though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried that and it melted the top cap.

The top of the coils up to the top of the posts?
Hmm works for me and I am running 40-50 watts. And airflow reduced by 1/4.

Did you by chance use high mass coils? They have a long cool down period and will melt tops on things because they are still giving off heat after you quit sucking air past them.

I have been using 3 mm diameter 25 ga SS 316L coils this way in mine for a few months now.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone gave me a modded Freakshow - wasn't bad at all

Derringer, very popular. Not sure what size squonk pin it takes though

I have the Derringer V3 clone from FT which I like.
It is not really a clone since Derringer did not make a V3?

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did have some success with micro coils on the stock rda lifted above the air holes but still not great

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did some tinkering,the Vortice pin is bigger than the pin in the Twisted messes so I did some google foo about the Vortice,built some coils for it,26 Kanthol 9 wraps on 2.5 mm came in at .5,pulled the coils above the ring, I wicked and put it on the 160....Not bad,not great O.K. not any better than the stock atty...I'm still gonna B/F the T/M sq. when I find the right pin....Also read in another thread about using the T/M cap on the Vortice base,works good!....Z Man

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day three...Man this thing is a juice Hog!....I got a 150 ml. bottle of juice when I got the 160 and I've used almost 1/3 of the bottle!.....GLUG,GLUG,GLUG....:D

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Day three...Man this thing is a juice Hog!....I got a 150 ml. bottle of juice when I got the 160 and I've used almost 1/3 of the bottle!.....GLUG,GLUG,GLUG....:D
About 1.5 bottles of juice per battery for me.
3 bottles on a pair.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing I don't like about this Mod is when I "Squonk" I tend to push the up and down buttons...So I have to look before I press go....It will jump from a nice 50/60 ish up into triple digit zone!.....Wish it had a lock for power setting....o_O

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tend to switch between squonking and tanks as I use too much juice squonking and the tanks keep me in check ...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only thing I don't like about this Mod is when I "Squonk" I tend to push the up and down buttons...So I have to look before I press go....It will jump from a nice 50/60 ish up into triple digit zone!.....Wish it had a lock for power setting....o_O
I set it and forget it frequently for my builds, so I leave the power locked... a slight annoyance, I suppose. The only thing that annoys me is getting it to update resistance. I just forget it have to keep the screen on and at check atomizer prior or it goes back to the same resistance. If I do as explained it's fine.

And as has been said... I am using the stock atty, and I honestly like it enough to be more than content. Enjoy!

And yes they do eat juice... Squonk Squonk Squonk... where did you go juice? LOL.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Hold down fire, Plus and minus at the same time for a few seconds and it will lock only the power. In case you weren't aware. :)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the DB 160 attys.
Just put your coils up high enough where they are centered on the air slots.
vaping 3mm 25ga SS316l at .23 right now in one on a Coppervape mech squonker.
the paint is tough on those attys.
Soaked on all day in straight Acetone and could not even rub off any color.
Wanted a shiny SS one but will just keep using the colored one :)

Street_hawk666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The gorge is an amazing atty comes with squonk pin and flavour is second to none.
4727959453cf29c29c63b9fb3970ddc4.jpg

VU Sponsors