Dre round 4 BRASS

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my brass BF today! :D -Very unusual atty size- It is a 24.2mm diameter top cap. o_O Strange, since the black one I got earlier was a "normal" 22mm thing. I picked up on a piece of brass to make a top cap, but it wont work, as it is too small for this atty. Oh well; Gotta get a piece of 1" round for this guy. Damn is this thing SOLID! Can't wait to vape this. Thanks dre- You 'DA MAN. :)

donewithsmoke

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got mine about an hour ago, said it was gonna be tomm, but you know usps lies. yeah for me this time. have put a couple of attys from other rigs on so far and it hits solid. its not lite but make sure hands are dry otherwise toes may hurt. @dre ,cant thank you enough hope you do some more and if anyone wants to part with aluminum pm me.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The brass one is definitely a heavy sucker, probably not a carry around at work mod, but that was to be expected. Gonna have to wrap some coils and try a couple different attys. Unfortunately all I'm gonna get to do tonight is look at it, found out I have plans tonight that will interfere with playtime. But first thing in the morning I'm gonna start my squonking journey. Thanks again dre!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Got my brass BF today! :D -Very unusual atty size- It is a 24.2mm diameter top cap. o_O Strange, since the black one I got earlier was a "normal" 22mm thing. I picked up on a piece of brass to make a top cap, but it wont work, as it is too small for this atty. Oh well; Gotta get a piece of 1" round for this guy. Damn is this thing SOLID! Can't wait to vape this. Thanks dre- You 'DA MAN. :)
The Atty is actually decent. I just cut off the stupid spit back thing on the 510 drip tip. I hate chuff tips with a passion.

sent from my droid turbo 2

DarthRTFM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today!

erY76TE

The mod is bad-ass, nice and heavy! The RDA would be infinitely better without the bottom airflow (leaky leaky) but it is quite nice otherwise.

Only one problem... No battery cap. =( thankfully I got a black and white in the last buy, so I can use one of those in the meantime. Did anyone get an extra? =)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Got mine today!

erY76TE

The mod is bad-ass, nice and heavy! The RDA would be infinitely better without the bottom airflow (leaky leaky) but it is quite nice otherwise.

Only one problem... No battery cap. =( thankfully I got a black and white in the last buy, so I can use one of those in the meantime. Did anyone get an extra? =)

Damn, I'll look carefully when mine gets here for sure!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Got mine today!

erY76TE

Really?? I'll get on coppervape Sunday night to send you one directly. That shouldn't have happened

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have a other 12 hour work day tomorrow so I'm going to bed. Goodnight everyone. Keep letting me know if you got your mods and if there is any problems. I'll answer back in the morning before work.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I was out of town on business but mine is waiting at the office for me. Woot!!

Thanks for setting this up dre!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just checked everyones tracking. All but 4or 5 of you have had the mods delivered:) I can finally rest easy after tomorrow. This was the most stressful one so far!

I believe mine arrived too according to USPS...but I'm too lazy to drive or walk down to the cluster of mailboxes at the end of the street, hotter than the hubs of hell here. Certainly will retrieve after dark or in the morning.

Thanks again dre....!!

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, wifey confirmed mine arrived today, I'll get to lose my squonking virginity in a couple hours. So for anyone that's already played with it here's my question. I got ahold of a Velocity v2 and a couple Velocity minis, how do those compare to the atty that comes with it?

You will be able to dial in more flavor with the Velocitys. That supplied atty is similar in size and function to the Goon that I converted. Major vapor production, but flavor only fair to middlin'.

This is something that continues to puzzle me. The taste one gets is from vaporized ejuice, and if you make more of it, ie; huge clouds...how can the flavor be muted? o_O

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You will be able to dial in more flavor with the Velocitys. That supplied atty is similar in size and function to the Goon that I converted. Major vapor production, but flavor only fair to middlin'.

This is something that continues to puzzle me. The taste one gets is from vaporized ejuice, and if you make more of it, ie; huge clouds...how can the flavor muted? o_O

That is weird.

I will say this though, while the Goon is not a flavor king, the vape from it is superior and I'm willing to sacrifice a little flavor for the outstanding vape quality. Just my 2 cents.

DarthRTFM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?? I'll get on coppervape Sunday night to send you one directly. That shouldn't have happened

Awesome! Thanks Dre!

I was really surprised about the battery cap thing, but stuff happens, no worries.

After a quick polish and a brass Tobh conversion she's performing like a beast!

Attachments

• 20160709_001301.jpg
    20160709_001301.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 28

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thr logo comes off easily if yo know how to polish metal.

MsLoud

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm just waiting for @MsLoud to confirm everything was correct then I can open a COLD one(Pepsi) and relax. I took the day off my new day job. My body is so sore. Started working for Amazon as my second job.

Oh damn
So sorry dre! Could have swore I thanked you last night. Everything is perfect - as always!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I got the brass squonkers. Put them in the ultrasonic cleaner with 1/4 cup lemon juice added to the water. Came out all super shiny and clean. I built a standard .18 Ohm dual micro coil 3mm ID with 24 gauge SS. The flavor is really good, the side air inlets near the top of the chamber are useless, just dilute the flavor, other than that the mod had a .03 voltage drop which is rather shocking, that is really quite good for a mech.

I am quite impressed. Good job in finding these @dre !

Ed: That anti-spit back thing on the included 510 drip tip is stupid. I trimmed it off with my snips and it works fine now. Am using my Cherry friction fit wide bore green ice tip on it. Like it so far

Last edited:

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So quick easy question, I hope. Got an aluminum one and a brass one. Have a Velocity Mini built, and it works on both. Built one of the attys that came with the mods, it won't fire on either one, it will fire on my 521 tab and on one of my regulated mods. My assumption is that I'm not making contact with the 510 pin, but I'm a bit of a newb at troubleshooting issues like this. Is there a way to fix this?

Note, I haven't built the second atty yet but will throw some coils in it later tonight and see what happens with it.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
So I got the brass squonkers. Put them in the ultrasonic cleaner with 1/4 cup lemon juice added to the water. Came out all super shiny and clean. I built a standard .18 Ohm dual micro coil 3mm ID with 24 gauge SS. The flavor is really good, the side air inlets near the top of the chamber are useless, just dilute the flavor, other than that the mod had a .03 voltage drop which is rather shocking, that is really quite good for a mech.

I am quite impressed. Good job in finding these @dre !
I love to serve :) glad your happy. You get the extras I put it thr box right

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep, got the extra's you sent

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So quick easy question, I hope. Got an aluminum one and a brass one. Have a Velocity Mini built, and it works on both. Built one of the attys that came with the mods, it won't fire on either one, it will fire on my 521 tab and on one of my regulated mods. My assumption is that I'm not making contact with the 510 pin, but I'm a bit of a newb at troubleshooting issues like this. Is there a way to fix this?

Note, I haven't built the second atty yet but will throw some coils in it later tonight and see what happens with it.
Take a look at the non functional RDA, is the center conductor flush or sticking out a bit (1mm or so)? Put it on the squonker tightly and try pushing up on the knurled bottle fitting while twisting clock wise, then give it a fire and see what happens. If the center squonk pin conductor is recessed, we'll need to figure out how to make it stick out past the 510 a mm or so.

SirKadly

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Take a look at the non functional RDA, is the center conductor flush or sticking out a bit (1mm or so)? Put it on the squonker tightly and try pushing up on the knurled bottle fitting while twisting clock wise, then give it a fire and see what happens. If the center squonk pin conductor is recessed, we'll need to figure out how to make it stick out past the 510 a mm or so.
Perfect, thanks! All good now.:)
I figured it was gonna be something easy.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Edit:: I see you fixed the problem
In the spare baggy there is a small clear oring
try unscrewing the mods 510 pin and put the o ring on to raise the pin. When tightening everything up dont over do it. Just snug it up.

Kevin_Brazell

Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine today, really like the mod so far. Haven't built in the RDA yet, just using another one I had. I'm supper happy with the quality. Thanks Dre.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

spdy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked mine up- They're beautiful. Thanks again Dre.
Wow-- the brass one nekkid is way heavier than the aluminum mod and atty fully loaded w/battery and juice.
A little creative carving makes it a deadly weapon. (for personal safety of course)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FYI ... the bottles that came on the mods have a clear o-ring around the bottom threads whereas the extra bottles do not. I think the extra bottles will probably still work just fine but it couldn't hurt to move the o-ring over if you do end up using one of them.

VU Sponsors