Dr. Pop by TFA (Botboy141 Review)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I promised I would review this here so here it is guys.

Don't waste your money

That's the simple version. This is one of two VG base flavors available from TFA as of this writing on 10/4/2014. It smells identical to Dr. Pepper, closer in smell than @wllmc recipe. Unfortunately, the taste is virtually non-existent.

After mixing @ 10%, and getting nearly no flavor at all from it, I tried it at 20%. A little bit of flavor started to come through, but the flavor was way off the smell and was pretty chemically @ 20%. Probably too much flavor. I tried it next splitting the difference @ 15% and back to no flavor. Figured well, maybe I overflavored the hell out of it, and whipped up another batch of 2.5% as well as 5% and diluted my 20% batch down to 7.5%.

None are even remotely flavorful. The 5% probably scores the highest and has the correct flavor to it, just very very very very very weak (and I like my flavors weak). Unfortunately TFA missed the ball on this one which really bugs me cause this thing smells dead on to Dr. Pepper.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! You just saved me a little money and a LOT of frustration! I wonder if using vg as the carrier would produce this effect...

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Saved me some effort, thanks! It's good to see the TFA flavors getting some more love here in DIY. I know a lot of people use them when they first start, but most of our advanced mixers have moved on to the extra-potent flavor companies, like FA. The difference between the two can yield confusion and unnecessary criticism. One example is some claiming that 'no good recipe' should go over 5 to 8 percent flavor, when *every* resource I can find online for TFA Wintergreen - including my own testing - suggests that my taste buds want twenty or more percent of that, plus some EM to help with sweetness.

Thanks for all the guides and advice, please keep up the great work!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
TFA Wintergreen - including my own testing - suggests that my taste buds want twenty or more percent of that, plus some EM to help with sweetness.

Have you tried Nature's Flavors' version? With your description of TFA's, I think you'd prefer NF's (I do).

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried Nature's Flavors' version? With your description of TFA's, I think you'd prefer NF's (I do).
I haven't yet, but I am definitely looking for a better wintergreen flavor because TFA is not doing it. My next choice was to try LorAnns, but I'll grab this one, too. Thanks HiC!

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

VU Sponsors