Become a Patron!

Don't freeze your flavors

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw this posted by Walt the owner of Real Flavors and thought it would be good to post here.

Walt_RealFlavors

9d
I just saw this on Facebook...

Should I freeze my flavors?

NO!

As the owner of a flavoring company. Please do not freeze flavors. I have no clue where this started. Refrigerate sure, but never freeze. You risk the flavor breaking down. Ask your supplier if you are worried but I personally have seen what happens when flavors are in the freezer too long.

Cool, dark place. No warmer than 65 Degrees Fahrenheit is the best. Refrigeration is ok but I tell my customers to never go below 35-40 Fahrenheit.

Anyone who bought from us last year during the deep freeze can agree with this. Cheesecake, and creams will break down faster than others but flavors "break" and items will start to fall out.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Been busy, Uncle.. too much to say atm.. and it's about to become slamming for me..
so popping in while I can :) Big hugs hugs and I hope you have been doing well!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Been busy, Uncle.. too much to say atm.. and it's about to become slamming for me..
so popping in while I can :) Big hugs hugs and I hope you have been doing well!

Drop me a PM when you have time:mooncat:

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never been in a vape shop and seen the vapes in fridges. Never seen flavours kept in them either. If warmth destroys them then vaping them and heating juices to quik steep them should annihilate them. Yes?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never been in a vape shop and seen the vapes in fridges. Never seen flavours kept in them either. If warmth destroys them then vaping them and heating juices to quik steep them should annihilate them. Yes?
Heat is generally bad for nicotine, will make it oxidize faster. Heat, light and air are the enemies of nicotine, too much of any will cause the nic to get that peppery taste and/or get harsh.

I don't heat steep anymore, only did it when trying out some VG flavors in max VG mixes. I would heat up the mix to thin it out some so I could give it a good shake, allow to cool down and add the nic later.

I am now in the habit of not adding nicotine until I am ready to vape a bottle. Some mixes take a month or more to steep and adding the nic after keeps it fresher.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors