Become a Patron!

Done with ECF pro-tobacco zealots

Didn't we start vaping because we know how harmful cigs are? Over at the "other forum" I posted about taxing analogs, not allowing them to be smoked, etc. and got nothing but "people should be able to smoke anywhere for cheap!" And such. Anyone with me? Screw cigarettes, if more/enough people vape and regs don't get passed, we won't need those nasty death sticks in our society at all. I say tax the hell out of them! Think about it, someone could either pay 30 a pack/go to a shady back alley dealer or get a sweet vape setup. I think even more people would switch. Edit: by tobacco I mean as use in cigs, of course NETs and the like, as well as cigars/hookah aren't nearly the public health concern that cigs are.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont believe in "sin taxes" on anything....nor do I generally believe in myself or big gubbermint telling full grown adults what to do or not do...I'm all for helping people who want to quit smoking find a healthier alternative, but I don't care for government going for money grabs on anything, including cigarettes, or being involved in virtually every part of our daily life behavior whether that be smoking, vaping, or any number of things...in the same light that people like you want to tax the shit out of what they dont like (cigarettes), people that dont like vaping, for whatever reason, will use the exact same type of rationale, even if misguided and uninformed, to justify taxing the shit out of e-cigs....
....just my 2 cents and prolly worth exactly what you paid for it...

That's at least more informed than many on ecf, although I disagree politely. Some there try to say cigs aren't that bad, when numerous studies have shown the effects, not only studies done "by anti-tobacco" as many claim. Sorry if I offended anyone lol just pissed at the seeming one sidedness of ecf.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's at least more informed than many on ecf, although I disagree politely. Some there try to say cigs aren't that bad, when numerous studies have shown the effects, not only studies done "by anti-tobacco" as many claim. Sorry if I offended anyone lol just pissed at the seeming one sidedness of ecf.
I'm not offended....I'm not pro-ECF nor am I pro-tobacco at all....just the opposite...I'm more smaller, less intrusive government, with less excessive taxation across the board...its out of hand, even with tobacco...we all have our points of view...it's all good...

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd say that despite alcohol being destructive, moderation is possible with most people. With cigarettes it's a rarity to find an occasional user
Oddly enough my husband is. I must have an addictive personality lol I've never been able to smoke in moderation

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alcohol is bad too, yet legal..

a-war-on-money-and-jobs.jpg

Just tired of big daddy gubbermint and nannystatism...jeez

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would like to think that we could get people to switch over because it is better for them. Forcing 'proper' behavior out of the populace by taxing anything to the point of absurdity just seems to me to be a shameful way to do it. Like spike said, If we say it's o.k. to tax the hell out of stuff we don't like, then how do we prevent them from going after stuff we do like but others find distasteful? It's quite the slippery slope. I would hate to see taxes levied against soda, candy, snacks, fast food etc.....
Just my 2 cents though :)

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say that despite alcohol being destructive, moderation is possible with most people. With cigarettes it's a rarity to find an occasional user
I was a heavy drinker and stopped drinking about a year ago. I know plenty of people who drink past moderation, but most would never know it. I would prefer less tax and cigarettes and allow them in more open places. Never was a smoker in the first place and though the smell has always bugged me, why not let people do what they want with their bodies? Adding even more tax to cigarettes is similar to adding fast food taxes, soda taxes, candy taxes, premade food taxes, and just about anything you don't grow or kill in your backyard. On that note if you treat your body badly you should be responsible for the outcome, not the govt. and their free healthcare for the worst offenders.

People who continue to smoke over vaping baffle me, especially with how easy it is to find information these days. But there are plenty of things that people just put their heads in the sand over. I was able to get my fiance to switch pretty easily. And I got into it which helped me stop drinking.

I am a less taxes, less goverment intervention type of person.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey OP... Have a link?

VU Sponsors