Become a Patron!

doge v2 RDA adjustable?

I have an ipv 2s and I just bought a doge v2 and when I screw it on to the box it leaves about 1/8" of space between the base of the RDA and the box, how do I fix this? Or do I just have to live with it? Any and all help appreciated.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you mean between the base and the mod or it is not making contact with the firing pin and atty?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
did you adjust the 510 pin on your ipv? you might have to lower it some to fit the doge.

@BigNasty its making contact it just looks ugly because of the gap between the base and the mod.

@Celtic Fog I haven't messed with the floating pin at all because the manual said not to turn the screw. do I just tighten the screw to lower it?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forum Fiend v1.3.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im not sure witch direction you turn the screw however. There might be a video on youtube showing how to re-position the screw.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Busardo shows a video with the screw working in regular clockwise fashion. Clockwise lowers it, counter clockwise raises it.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PS. I really can't stand BSlardo....he is such a tool. But hey, his video shows how to use the adjustable screw at least.

I also noticed that he is reviewing the ipv v2 not the ipv 2s and it looks like his pin isn't a floating pin like the one in the ipv2s so I'm kind of reluctant to twist the screw but I'll give it a try

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forum Fiend v1.3.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im sure you can find someone here in the forum that has one, they might be able to answer the question as to weather or not it is adjustable...I hope you get it figured out!

Yeah the doge does have an extra long stem just like the new tug boat series. They are doing this to lean more towards using hybrid mods to get a good contact to the battery. I wouldn't mess around with the pin on your ipv. I believe it voids the warranty.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Description says spring loaded 510 pin so turning it won't help.
If you press down on it does it move? Or is it stuck? Sometimes they need a little persuasion to move for the first time.

If it does move, then the 510 on your doge is just longer than normal (growing trend as pablo said) and there's not much you can change to get it to fit.
I guess you could take some material off the 510 insulator to let the positive pin recess higher up into the base. But then you can't use it on a hybrid connection or it will short.

If you don't have a mechanical mod with hybrid connection, tear into the doge and see if you can sand down the insulator to allow the positive pin to be run further into the base. Take the smallest amount off at a time and test it. Once you take too much off your screwed.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PS. I really can't stand BSlardo....he is such a tool. But hey, his video shows how to use the adjustable screw at least.
I think the man sucks, lol
Rip Trippers is even worse!..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors