Become a Patron!

Does this coil look okay?

frogzx

Member For 1 Year
Still relatively new to RDA's and these 28gx4/36g quad core fused claptons look a little different than the other kind of fused claptons i've bought from AVS after strumming out the hot spots, just curious if it's safe to use (though I imagine it's too late regardless since i've gone through half of them). This ones been used for a couple days, so it looks a little more used than it did when I installed it obviously. It takes way longer to strum out the hot spots than other coils i've used, so I thought that might be why it looks a little different.

http://imgur.com/xisqQOz

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Sure it is ..just means the resistance is a little lower unless you add more wraps than the higher gauges AVS probably use

You might find it will smash through a single battery quickly though, there’s quite a lot of mass to heat up

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
there’s quite a lot of mass to heat up

Agree with that observation. I'd not suggest using a single cell 18650 battery for prolonged use with a coil like this. Coils like this will as stated sap through batteries quickly.

Made a 26 awg * 2 SS & 32 awg A1 Kanthal fused Clapton at 7 wraps around 3 mm ID this morning for my Gorge RDA. It's running around 0.30 Ω and that's about as hard of a push I feel good using w/ a single cell 18650. YMMV, of course so I'm not going to be any authority.

VU Sponsors