Become a Patron!

Does the smell of stinkies appall or appeal?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just wondering if now that you are a confirmed vaper, does cigarette smoke smell good or vile to you?

speaking for myself, the first couple weeks i quit smoking, the smell was wonderful and made me want one. but now it smells disgusting. i can smell someone smoking a stinkie from a block away and it is repellent to me.

Damwow

Vapor's Dream
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can smell it a mile away now, and feel so bad about ever smelling that bad!! It has made me sick from the first day I vaped, even when I started cutting back. I found myself picking up my vape for the taste and smell while I would be smoking an analog! I would be in a store and could smell people an aisle away from me!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can smell it a mile away now, and feel so bad about ever smelling that bad!! It has made me sick from the first day I vaped, even when I started cutting back. I found myself picking up my vape for the taste and smell while I would be smoking an analog! I would be in a store and could smell people an aisle away from me!

i hear ya. i can smell it all over someone who's been smoking and i think omg i used to smell like that! also, i didn't realize that my house smelled like an ashtray either. but if i walk into someone's house who smokes now, it gags me.

bobby.q

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I like the smell.. like when someone first lites up..
Also I remember as a kid.. my grandpa would lite a cig with his zippo..
The first drag always smelled so good...
Now I can tell who's smoking or who smokes just by driving behind them..
And when a pretty girl walks by and smells like an ashtray, its such a turn off...

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm only 5 weeks in now, so this might change.
When someone is smoking near me, I love to smell it. But I tried to take a drag last week and it tasted like stir-fried hobo azz. So I guess I like the smell, but not in the "OMFG gimme one now!" kinda way.

Baseballmom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am much more sensitive to it, and the odor for me is quite bad and strong, quitting definitely gave me a different perspective on a lot of odors once my sense of smell returned, I have no desire to re-visit smoking, not even to try one, thought of it turns my stomach....but when I smoked, I did enjoy the smell, it was comforting and familiar ...now it just smells bad drifting from another car, on someone's clothing, on their breath

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this is weird, but when i was smoking with other people who were, the exhale smell was worse from some people. and it wasn't the brand, it was the person. anybody else ever notice that or was i imagining things?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
just wondering if now that you are a confirmed vaper, does cigarette smoke smell good or vile to you?

speaking for myself, the first couple weeks i quit smoking, the smell was wonderful and made me want one. but now it smells disgusting. i can smell someone smoking a stinkie from a block away and it is repellent to me.

Now I just gag and try not to barf!

Baseballmom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Other people's smoke didn't use to bother me much, it actually made me crave one myself, but their breath did and much worse now....I honestly don't know how my non-smoking husband kissing me when I smoked, male hormones overpowered the taste I guess?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The actual smoke itself doesn't bother me, I don't like it but not to the point where I freak out. I REALLY don't like the smell on a person tho. it's also kinda shocking how far away I can smell it. It reminds me of pig pen in charlie brown.

I will admit that I still love the smell of pipe tobacco. Reminds me of grandpa ace.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't mind the smell of analogs so much, but it's definitely not as appealing as it once was.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hate it. I hate walking into a store where employes are sitting out front smoking. Even though they aren't supposed to be that close to the door. When I am on my bike I can smell if someone in a vehicle in front of me is smoking. And I can always tell when I walk by a smoker now.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really enjoy the aroma of actual tobacco but not when it's burning.
Ya I get that. Like pipe tobacco. It's when it's being smoked it smells awful on people's clothes or when you're walking along the street and the person in front lights up and their smoke is wafting into you're face. When people are standing outside their offices in the street having their cigarettes I like to give them a condescending look. I'm not judging them really though. I just give them the look because I can : )

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always loved the smell of unburnt tobacco. I used to wear a cigarette like a fake moustachio just for the smell. Burning definitely lights up a certain addiction center in my brain, but other than that, i think it does smell horrible now.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These days, I find the smell vile. However, I understand what they are going through and have vowed to never become an ANTZ/Nazi. I will stand upwind or leave the area. I remember reveling in all aspects of smoking, including the stench, just 5+ years ago. How hypocritical would I be to belittle them for doing exactly what I did for 27-28 years? If they ask or show an interest in vaping, I will of course try to educate and possibly indoctrinate them into a better way to get the nic fix. Otherwise, I try to live and let live.

dmska

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still like the smell of good cigarettes, not the cheap ones. Yes, I can still tell. It's been almost four years since I've smoked one, though

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't like the smell of it on a person. It reeks. At work, in the summer I go out on my breaks with the smokers because it is just great to get outside. And often it is like a party out there. Actually I have influenced several co-workers to give vaping a try although right now they are dual users vaping at home and smoking at work. Some days being out with them makes me crave one but so far, so good. In winter I just shut my office door only because I do not want to brave the -40 temperature.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it tasted like stir-fried hobo azz.
Now I'm a little bit hungry
I hate the smell of cigarettes on the person but I love the smell of a freshly lit one. Sometimes still makes me wanna light one up. And once in a great while I will. But I always regret cause it leaves a bad taste and makes me smell funkier than usually do.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every now & then, I like the smell. Could be a certain brand or flavor, I donno. But for the most part I hate it. If I'm talking with someone who's smoking, I'll move upwind of it. I work on cars for a living & see some disgusting interiors. I've never liked the ash tray interiors, I never understood how people could do that. I used to smoke in my old truck, but never kept an ash tray in it to keep from getting that constant smell. The day I bought my new truck in 09 was the day I quit smoking while driving. $50000 vehicle with leather, that's a good incentive.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few months ago I would go out and vape with the smokers. I didn't like the smell, but I could tolerate it. Recently, I vape away from the smokers - I find the smell nasty! I'm horrified I smelled like that for 40 years....

D

Donald Bickers

just to catch a wiff doesn't bother me when its fresh,,,stale sucks...I take care of a few apartments doing maintenance,when I smoked I didn't notice the nicotine residue on everything ,but now its nasty,Really Nasty.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

At first I thought you were talking about Farts .. hehe Gosh after 1 year 6 weeks I cannot get anywhere near that smell. I as well feel bad for anyone that has to put up with my stinch ;)

M

maddvaper

900 days in.The good news is I've got my sense of smell back,the bad news is I've got my sense of smell back.Still let people smoke in my house and car though,not for me to judge.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hate to say it, but still every time I smell a cigarette, it is very nostalgic to me, and I still think it smells great.

Alan Woltemath

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now that i have been vaping for a little over a year, cigarettes smell horrible. I can smell them from so far away. Every time i smell cigarette smoke it gives me an awful headache. I can't believe i used to enjoy that nastiness. I can't imagine what they taste like now.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it really depends on the brand people smoke or it does to me. Some smell way worse than others. I can smell a marlboro smoker from 5 miles away and they fucking stink to high heaven where someone who smokes camels while still stinks its not near as bad as that marlboro smell.

Pipe smokers and people who roll their own from more quality pipe cut tobacco like I used to really do not bother me much. Those chemicals they put in commercial cigs really are nasty not only in how it effects you when you smoke it heath wise but in smell and taste. Even if I did go back to smoking(not a chance) it wouldnt be commercial cigs after using good tobacco.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like a poster said above, sometimes that first light up smells good and takes me back a bit but once it gets going, even after a year I still ask my wife "IS THAT WHAT I SMELLED LIKE?!?!" It's horrible. At work it's so bad when someone comes in from smoke break, when you're smoking you have no idea how much that smell stays on your clothes.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I was on a health and safety course, as an ice breaker we were asked to pair up and ask each other questions and to tell whether they answered true or false. This was well into an hour of being there. So I asked this lad if he smoked. Even though he hadn't had a cigarette for over an hour I still smelt it. So I asked him and after he hesitated he said yes, and I said true lol. He smelt not because he'd been in a smoking environment but because as a smoker you're saturated in that smoke smell. It takes a while for it to get out of the furniture, clothes, wtr. My friend said he'd never let anyone smoke in his car because when you come to sell it no valeting is going to get rid of the smell

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
they stink to high hell, but love the smell....reminds me why i quit. My wife thanks me everyday for not smoking any more. With good good lovin! So worth it.
Around three months ago now, I threw my carton of cigarettes in the trash, gave away 20 pounds of premium pipe tobacco and gave away 500 bux worth of high end cigars. Have not looked back once. Thank god for PVD's and the hard work of so many who create such wonderful Ejuices. Thank you to everyone involved in the Vape world, you helped save my life, and made my wife and kids very happy.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
when I bought the house I live in now, we got a great deal on it because the previous owner smoked inside for over 20 years lol, the house was coated in tar and smelt like an ashtray. There is a trick to removing tar however, so without telling the agent selling the house, I offered less than asking price and they were happy to take it, hehehehe. Four days of scrubbing with a vinegar and hot water solution, tar gone from the walls and other surfaces, ripped out the carpet and redid the hardwood floors, boom, new house smell and a steal of a price. Cigarettes not only stink up a person, they can wreak havoc on their homes, clothing, cars and anything they come in contact with. So happy to not be smoking anymore, so happy..

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they stink to high hell, but love the smell....reminds me why i quit. My wife thanks me everyday for not smoking any more. With good good lovin! So worth it.
Around three months ago now, I threw my carton of cigarettes in the trash, gave away 20 pounds of premium pipe tobacco and gave away 500 bux worth of high end cigars. Have not looked back once. Thank god for PVD's and the hard work of so many who create such wonderful Ejuices. Thank you to everyone involved in the Vape world, you helped save my life, and made my wife and kids very happy.
Right on!!

when I bought the house I live in now, we got a great deal on it because the previous owner smoked inside for over 20 years lol, the house was coated in tar and smelt like an ashtray. There is a trick to removing tar however, so without telling the agent selling the house, I offered less than asking price and they were happy to take it, hehehehe. Four days of scrubbing with a vinegar and hot water solution, tar gone from the walls and other surfaces, ripped out the carpet and redid the hardwood floors, boom, new house smell and a steal of a price. Cigarettes not only stink up a person, they can wreak havoc on their homes, clothing, cars and anything they come in contact with. So happy to not be smoking anymore, so happy..
It seems like all life's problems can be solved with vinegar and baking powder

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just went across the street and dumped some baking powder and vinegar on the tweaker pad that annoys the block...didnt work, its still there. lol, just kidding, I ran them all out the first week I moved in...hahahahahahaha.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Off topic yes, but easiest way to empty out a house full of tweakers, is to walk outside each morning for a few days after you move in, holding your ear and talking into your hoodie sleeve while looking at the house....then sell a crap load of cool shit on Craigslist for cheep and have all the people meet you at your house....all the cars coming and going and speaking into your sleeve seams to make them think your a narc or something...house value went up 20k in two years and the overall price of the homes in the neighborhood fallowed....lol, paranoia sucks, but I am familiar with the effects first hand and used it to my advantage. Such a dirty bird I am.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've definitely become hypersensitive to the smell of smoke since I quit - can smell if someone's lit up 2 cars away at a stoplight, things like that.

The smell of smoke doesn't really bother me, but the smell of someone after smoking is god-awful, I can't believe I smelled that bad for that long. I've never been able to tolerate indoor smokers, even when I did smoke, and I always took care to air my car out and not leave butts sitting around in the open (usually had a soda bottle with a lid that I'd toss whenever I drank a new soda), so I never had those problems - I guess I should have known how bad the stink was given that it bothered me in certain situations even as a smoker. Anything to delude ourselves...

vapin Grampa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My last flaming leaf was sometime in June. Maybe I haven't been a nonsmoker for long enough yet, but they have a nice aroma sometimes just not something I am willing to do again.

VU Sponsors