Become a Patron!

does higher wattage help lessen the power of the throat hit?

UsernameUnkown

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been mixing my own juices for a while. And I was at 0 nic but i do go back to nic from time to time and it seems to have a bite that 0nic does not have. This is also something i have noticed with store bought juices. I tend to vape 0nic at lower wattage. But with any nic at lower wattages seems to bite so much harder at lower watts(90 watts) i have to crank it up to 200 watts to enjoy the vape. Is this normal? Did the nic lose its freshness or something? Your thoughts?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have been mixing my own juices for a while. And I was at 0 nic but i do go back to nic from time to time and it seems to have a bite that 0nic does not have. This is also something i have noticed with store bought juices. I tend to vape 0nic at lower wattage. But with any nic at lower wattages seems to bite so much harder at lower watts(90 watts) i have to crank it up to 200 watts to enjoy the vape. Is this normal? Did the nic lose its freshness or something? Your thoughts?

Nicotine does get harsher over time - what amount of nicotine are you using? If you mean higher wattage so that you get more cloud more quickly as opposed to a longer draw, sounds like your nic is just too high. 3mg is about the highest I would stand at high wattages like that

HBVapeShop

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've never heard of anyone vaping at 200w. That's insane to me. What are you building that needs that much power?

UsernameUnkown

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have noticed the harshness at 6ml nic and same goes for bottles i buy from stores. Just a raspy bite at theback of the thoat that is unpleasent. And when i say vaping at 200 watts i mean quick toots. No longer then a few seconds(2-3) mostly 24g 6-8 wrap single wire or just twisted wire dual coil set up most days (spaced). In a dual coil kylinontop a v-boy. my currant ohm is .24 but thats with a fancy store bought coil from medusa. Thought it may be safer that way since i am running watts so high at the moment. Once i can get though this harsh juice i will settle down to a safer wattage a good 90 watts.

VU Sponsors