Become a Patron!

Does blueberry and banana work well together

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was eating this blueberry thing then ate some banana and it was good. Does blueberry banana e juice work? Anyone ever tried that? I have a good blueberry mix.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think a blueberry/banana cheesecake would be heavenly!

vodevil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can see adding a little bit of sweetener or em, but seems like both would be overkill, just my opinion.

vodevil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can see adding a little bit of sweetener or em, but seems like both would be overkill, just my opinion.

I hope it doesn't mute the BBwild! I have so much trouble getting that flavor to stand out in recipes it kills me. I've tried every % from 4-15% and all sorts of tricks that work well with boosting other fruits, but blueberry is the one that always seems weak and easily overpowered.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My all time favorite eliquid is from from Steam Factory, a juice called "Blue Ballz." It's Blueberry with a hint of Banana. A VU member posted a clone of it in these forums and I actually have it steeping right now. I hope it's close!

I made it with less EM because I seem to be hypersensitive to it.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/recipe-clones.1403/#post-16593

Don't leave it steep too long cause the EM will mute the flavors after a week IMO.

I'm with Teresa P, I'd try it without any sweetener and maybe 0.5% EM.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm with vodevil on finding Blueberry to be too subtle a flavor.
Love it, just wish I could find one that pops.

And I find banana to be quite overpowering.
So my first though on seeing the thread title was... hell no. :p

But then I remembered a link from either Teresa or Amanda (I think)...

http://bakeitright.com/flavor-charts

They say yes, they do pair up.

You can amplify it a bit by using 5% TFA Blueberry Wild + 5% FW or CAP Blueberry.
And/Or add 0.5-1% VZ-SC / FW / CAP / FE Blackberry.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have that tfa blueberry favor. I have FA bilberry, FW blueberry and diyfs blueberry. I find mixing FW and diyfs together to be nice. I like it better than fa alone and had a more rounded blueberry flavor. I used 0.75% of each FW and diyfs. It does need to steep and could be a little stronger. To strengthen I would probably leave diyfs the same and increase FW to 1%. FA is hit or miss due to is strength. Your tastes may differ. I also don't use sweetner. I use rda's only.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can amplify it a bit by using 5% TFA Blueberry Wild + 5% FW or CAP Blueberry.
10% blueberry. I must have bionic taste buds or there is some muting going on. Does banana mute blueberry?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Banana at the wrong percentage (depending on the vendor) can take over any mix. And some build momentum as they steep. Start low.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my Inawera banana and pineapple a few days ago, hoping they're better than FA. Last mix I used FA banana in tasted like burnt sweat socks....:confused:

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Throw some custard in there for a heavenly Vape.
I didn't care too much for FA banana but TFA banana cream is really nice. Going to have to try it with FW blueberry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'm about to make my first pineapple recipe. I would be interested in hearing your opinion on the Inawera brand when you use it.
Imo it's horrible. I couldn't do it. I've found TFA to be the juiciest sweetest one yet. I've tried 5 or 6 brands and most are harsh. Just my 2 cents and some others had success with the other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vodevil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Funny you should say this as I mixed those two combinations exactly like your post, 5% each in two different samples. I read somewhere around here that coconut can boost blueberry so I mixed a blueberry wild at 12% with FA coconut at 0.5% to see if it helps at all. I'll find out in a few days!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny you should say this as I mixed those two combinations exactly like your post, 5% each in two different samples. I read somewhere around here that coconut can boost blueberry so I mixed a blueberry wild at 12% with FA coconut at 0.5% to see if it helps at all. I'll find out in a few days!
I normally use the FA Coconut to add a creamy/buttery effect.
Might be better to use a bit of Lemon or Dragon Fruit IMO.

vodevil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have TFA's dragon fruit sitting in my stash completely untouched, maybe I'll give it a try this afternoon. Any recommendation on %'s?

VU Sponsors