Become a Patron!

do you still like your provari?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering if folks on this forum like their Provari's.. I still like my PV2 1 year later but on a few other forums people hate the provari.. Calling it useless and nobody in their right mind would want one..I disagree.was wondering what you guys thought...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep mine in the car for a safety hammer to break the window if I drive into a lake. I also have the 510 flashlight connector so it is becoming a nice, well rounded safety tool for the car. Trying to figure out how to use it as a can opener in case of wrecking out in the woods for an extended period of time as I keep a can of chef boyardee in the trunk for those situations.

In all seriousness, it is a nice piece, but my V1 is useless to me as it can't fire much more than a kayfun or kangar tank.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep mine in the car for a safety hammer to break the window if I drive into a lake. I also have the 510 flashlight connector so it is becoming a nice, well rounded safety tool for the car. Trying to figure out how to use it as a can opener in case of wrecking out in the woods for an extended period of time as I keep a can of chef boyardee in the trunk for those situations.

In all seriousness, it is a nice piece, but my V1 is useless to me as it can't fire much more than a kayfun or kangar tank.
Haha, yeah, I hear that a lot..I run a R91
on my V2 and it does hit pretty good with a good 26g micro coil/cotton build..got my mech for serious clouds though..thx for your reply

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has been a loaner to a couple other people with a protank topper to let them try out good equipment compared to their cigalikes and you don't worry about loaning it out because it's indestructible :D

It's actually getting staged for another mission to a co-worker that's currently 1/2 stinky, 1/2 cigalike.

My wife has a 2.5 (pink & white of course) with a KFL and loves it. Hates my dual coils.

jensy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two mini's I rarely use. I think it's because they are such a solid mod that they become heavy after a while.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have contemplated picking a used one up for the wife, it fits into her wheelhouse, and she loves her vtr so it can't be any heavier for her lol.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't used mine in a while. I would never part with it as it goes along on trips with me. It's as dependable as a fine clock.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have 2 and love them. I rotate between these and my REO's.
I don't care what anyone says or thinks, they work great for me. :p

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never at the point that i actually wanted to buy one, there was always something better, cheeper or both.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sold mine awhile back, but I loved it for the 6 mo's or so I had it.. the thing is a tank and will never break - Provape really does care about build quality and making a great product which is severely lacking with a lot of vendors

Now if we can only get an actual release date for the P3 I will be happy - I think they need to drop it soon otherwise everyone will have so many box mods there won't be any use for it in people's collections lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I absolutely loved mine for a few months - I had a red mini that was rock solid reliable. But once I discovered Reos I used it less and less, and I finally sold it to a friend who now loves it as much as I did!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Provari's never appealed to me , mostly because their shape and price but lets be honest here , most bashing the Provari's are probably bitter because they don't have one, period . Well that and the Provari fan club really over does it at times making people want to bash it but it's a solid as a rock device.

Anyone who calls it useless or a piece of shit clearly has no clue , you may not use it anymore and moved on to other things or you may have your own reasons for disliking it but don't buy into that bullshit about it being junk .

They have high resale value for a reason. I wish box mods were built as tough .

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my2 but never use them if that makes any sense. Gotten into box mods, something that can run watts,etc. HOWEVER, I will never get rid of them, they perform like champs, and are my defense against the fda Also I will definitely be getting a P3 Supposed to be an announcement today.

vaporelse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new here, so slap me upside the head this is not allowed, but...

I have a Provari 2.5 with a Z-Atty Pro 2.1 and some AW IMRs and ready to make a sweet deal. PM me if interested.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's too funny - P3 drops November 17th!!!!!! Just got the email from Provape.. no price listed though..

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I heard the retail price in stores was $259.00 US.

are you serious!?!?!? well - looks like I'll be passing on that then

EDIT: ok NM .. i forgot it comes with all tubes for batteries and the ego adapter.. so thats actually not too bad now that I think about it.. I think I spend 220$ for the zombie edition 2.5 with 2 batteries and the extension tube

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am new here, so slap me upside the head this is not allowed, but...

I have a Provari 2.5 with a Z-Atty Pro 2.1 and some AW IMRs and ready to make a sweet deal. PM me if interested.

Goto the HARDWARE section and post a thread with pics.. someone will scoop it up depending on the price..

vaporelse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Goto the HARDWARE section and post a thread with pics.. someone will scoop it up depending on the price..

Thanks for the help. I am waiting on an SX-350 box to arrive. As soon as that comes and checks out, I'll take your advice.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the 20 watt limit might be the deal breaker though.. not sure if I will use more than that - but if I can get the sig100 watt for half the price and double the wattage.. I don't see a reason for the P3.. other than its small form factor/ warranty.

vaporelse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Provari has its own limitations that won't suit everyone, but it had one glowing feature that made it a real work horse. The damn thing would never ever let you down.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm torn right now.. I was eyeing that new sub-ohm thindaddy ipv3 today that Joe pimped.. Too many god damn choices for such a small vape budget I have right now.. Have to choose wisely!

Xmas is right around the corner though :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think I'll be getting rid of my P2.5 anytime soon, if ever..its been a good dependable PVD and a backup when I need it..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The P3 does look nice. The P1 was ahead of its time, P2 & 2.5 falling behind. P3 is way behind.

The tech has surpassed provari by a long shot, not just power capabilities but also the info screen and now temp control. Granted, you cant fit much on a tube so they are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. None the less, they are way behind the curve now.

The vv/vw tubes just end up being too long, I got the mini a few years ago because I like a short mod, not a light saber looking thing. Even in 350 mode it's taller than a 650 mech.

Back when I got it, it was the shiz-nit. As I progressed from carto's and protanks and the like to rebuildables, the P1 just couldn't keep up. At it's limits with a 1.0 build on a kayfun. Dual coil rba/rta, forget it.

As far as holding value, I could probably get $50 (at best) out of my P1 so there's no point in selling. VH fan, if you feel it holds it's value well... maybe 50% of the purchase price, lets talk... I could be up for selling ;)
The P1 is what my friends use... neighborhood whore that gets passed around from friend to friend :)

No regrets, I used it for a couple of years and feel I got my money's worth out of it.

2014-11-10 14.33.29.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The P3 does look nice. The P1 was ahead of its time, P2 & 2.5 falling behind. P3 is way behind.

The tech has surpassed provari by a long shot, not just power capabilities but also the info screen and now temp control. Granted, you cant fit much on a tube so they are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs. None the less, they are way behind the curve now.

The vv/vw tubes just end up being too long, I got the mini a few years ago because I like a short mod, not a light saber looking thing. Even in 350 mode it's taller than a 650 mech.

Back when I got it, it was the shiz-nit. As I progressed from carto's and protanks and the like to rebuildables, the P1 just couldn't keep up. At it's limits with a 1.0 build on a kayfun. Dual coil rba/rta, forget it.

As far as holding value, I could probably get $50 (at best) out of my P1 so there's no point in selling. VH fan, if you feel it holds it's value well... maybe 50% of the purchase price, lets talk... I could be up for selling ;)
The P1 is what my friends use... neighborhood whore that gets passed around from friend to friend :)

No regrets, I used it for a couple of years and feel I got my money's worth out of it.

View attachment 8645
Its obvious you have the black carbon fiber wrap on it..is it that gun metal gray under it? I would put a wrap on it too if it is.. Lol

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VH fan, if you feel it holds it's value well... maybe 50% of the purchase price, lets talk... I could be up for selling ;)

Appreciate it but Provari's are not for me, just prefer not to be seen in public with something of that shape and my mouth attached to the tip .

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its obvious you have the black carbon fiber wrap on it..is it that gun metal gray under it? I would put a wrap on it too if it is.. Lol

Black body, not too scratched up either. Wraps been on forever, really surprised how well it has stayed on.

Appreciate it but Provari's are not for me, just prefer not to be seen in public with something of that shape and my mouth attached to the tip .

Ha ha! Yeah, it is a little too phallic :D

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Black body, not too scratched up either. Wraps been on forever, really surprised how well it has stayed on.

Ha ha! Yeah, it is a little too phallic :D

Yeah , thats the word i was looking for lol.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm torn right now.. I was eyeing that new sub-ohm thindaddy ipv3 today that Joe pimped.. Too many god damn choices for such a small vape budget I have right now.. Have to choose wisely!

Xmas is right around the corner though :)
No interest on Provari here, but I feel you on the Thindaddy, and also the 100W Sigelei deal. I can't decide which I want, also, my birthday is in a month, so these deals are hitting too early, lol.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still like mine but find it gets very little use compared to my Vaporshark rDNA.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still use all of mine and won't get rid of them. With that said I also have a couple Semovar's and vaporsharl DNA 30's and recently have been using the little eleaf istick and have been very happy with those.

So, not a Provari only user by any means, but....,, I do know that in a couple three years from Now, the only ones that will still be working will be the Provari's, Semovar's. and mechs.

I also feel confident that the Provari's will still be working in ten years from now if vaping that long.

But I have no interest in sub ohm nor vape much higher than 3.7 volts / 11 watts

I also think the new ones are very overpriced and for those of you that use a higher wattage and also sub ohm, Pro vape's new one was just too little too late.

I still think that for the 80% of Vapers out there that will Never sub ohm , the 2.5 is still a great value for Its accuracy and longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I rock my Zombie 2.5 with a Russian 91% at 1.5 Ohms. Does the trick for me.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sold my neighbor my polished stainless 2.5 with a Mini Nautilus with a set of BVC coils. He got tired of the ego t tank he had. Now he's happier than a pig in slop.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors