Become a Patron!

Do you guys really believe vaping can take the place of smoking?

Ashley vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tell us your idea!:idea:

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO, no. Its just another form of getting nicotine into your system. Plenty of people are happy with cigarettes and already know the health risks. Just like plenty of people pack there own pipes still and smoke tobacco that way. I think it will become more popular but i dont think it will dethrone cigs. A lot of people dont like change, and are happy with what they are doing. If it wasnt for the midwest winters id still smoke cigarettes. The only reason i started vaping and got off them was because it was too cold to go smoke outside.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Are you serious! 8 years vaping, and have never touched a tobacco product in all that time.
unnamed (1).jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since this is an opinion based topic, I personally feel as long as the FDA doesn't totally screw it up, we will see a time where there are more vapers than smokers.
The younger crowd sure seems to be taking to it (even those too young to do it) and that is where it starts.
I think it is unfortunate that many of the younger ones are starting vaping but if they are going to do something they shouldn't I guess it'd be better to be vaping than smoking.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It already is.

Now if the puppets of Big Pharma in Government would stop trying to kill it millions upon millions of lives would be saved.

Former 36+ years pack and a half a day smoker here, been off the Stinkies a year and a 1/2 now.

Vaping saved my life and I'm certainly not alone.

Those corrupt fucks in the FDA and the Government can blow me.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As far as I can see ro55co is right.

Vaping has superceded smoking, at least where I've lived. uncle Sam has made every effort to stall innovation but have failed. All they did was send the profits overseas, just like they did with alot of other industries.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping will not suit or even work for all smokers.
However it can work for many. Worked for me for 2 years.
I cannot say that vaping saved my life however I feel lots better and my body works better.
Of course I could still die of cancer from the 40 yrs I did smoke.
Just quitting smoking does not immediately remove the cancer risk.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can however it takes a alot of effort many new Vapers get turned off quickly once they go to the local Vape shop with the Cloud Blowing hipster.
Around here it is overweight bearded 20 somethings.
2 years ago when I first started vaping I went to 3 different vape shops and no good experiences.
Not been back in one since.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I can see ro55co is right.

Vaping has superceded smoking, at least where I've lived. uncle Sam has made every effort to stall innovation but have failed. All they did was send the profits overseas, just like they did with alot of other industries.

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-610x426.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Since this is an opinion based topic, I personally feel as long as the FDA doesn't totally screw it up, we will see a time where there are more vapers than smokers.

This ^^^^^^^^

Those corrupt fucks in the FDA and the Government can blow me.

And this ^^^^^^^^^ (even though I don't have a weanie)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Who is "us"?
Was wondering that myself....
My guess is either antz or a China vendor fishing......

If it's a China vendor, maybe they'll come up with something cool, like a waterproof mod, that can charge my cell phone and poor a beer.

If it's an anti vape group, maybe theyll figure out that we are here to stay... Then poor us another beer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was wondering that myself....
My guess is either antz or a China vendor fishing......

If it's a China vendor, maybe they'll come up with something cool, like a waterproof mod, that can charge my cell phone and poor a beer.

If it's an anti vape group, maybe theyll figure out that we are here to stay... Then poor us another beer.

I believe she is the one trying to hawk the Hoolu juice continually, potentially a troll.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I believe she is the one trying to hawk the Hoolu juice continually, potentially a troll.
We need a troll hunter

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me yes.... for the rest of the world. . I seriously doubt. Especially if vaping stays on this stupid how many watts can I cram though a coil trend..... sub ohm IMO is going to be the End of vaping as anti smoking thing... e cigarette might still work. Besides the CIG Corp. Is taking over the Ecigarette part of vaping..... how long do you think it will be before they go after the mod vapers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I really believe it could, if governments started supporting it and started phasing out cigarettes it could work...

Raise the legal age to smoke every 1-2 years so the people that already smoke don't go without but it'll be harder for new smokers to get them, eventually phasing smoking out...

Obviously it's not a perfect plan but it's somewhere to start...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it has already put quite a dent in smoking, but No, tobacco smoking will always be around..personally if tobacco smoking was as safe as vaping, I'd throw all my vape gear in the trash and smoke...but for alot of us who have smoked for many decades, it is a way to avoid a horrible future. I think vaping will play a key role in pushing alot of young people away from ever smoking which is great.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It can however it takes a alot of effort many new Vapers get turned off quickly once they go to the local Vape shop with the Cloud Blowing hipster.
Today i was waiting at a train crossing and i noticed the car behind me was clearly trying to impress me with blowing clouds because they saw me vaping. I honestly dont get the whole cloud chasing thing, if i want my room to be smoky ill invest in a smoke machine. People also like to joke and call me a hipster. I originally started vaping to get away from the cold, now i simply enjoy it more than cigarettes. I havent smoked in almost a month. Does this mean i wont enjoy a cigar on a nice summer evening? absolutely not. But i dont see myself smoking cigarettes anymore.
I really believe it could, if governments started supporting it and started phasing out cigarettes it could work...

Raise the legal age to smoke every 1-2 years so the people that already smoke don't go without but it'll be harder for new smokers to get them, eventually phasing smoking out...

Obviously it's not a perfect plan but it's somewhere to start...
Doesn't that go against what the forum stands for when it comes to vaping? I prefer to think we as people have a right to do to our bodies what we want as long as it does not effect others. If you banned cigarettes youd have to ban all forms of tobacco.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'll vape for 20 more years. When I'm 70 I'm switching back to smoking pipe tobacco and hitting the booze again. I'll be too old to be 20 ft tall n' bullet proof :giggle:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today i was waiting at a train crossing and i noticed the car behind me was clearly trying to impress me with blowing clouds because they saw me vaping. I honestly dont get the whole cloud chasing thing, if i want my room to be smoky ill invest in a smoke machine. People also like to joke and call me a hipster. I originally started vaping to get away from the cold, now i simply enjoy it more than cigarettes. I havent smoked in almost a month. Does this mean i wont enjoy a cigar on a nice summer evening? absolutely not. But i dont see myself smoking cigarettes anymore.

Doesn't that go against what the forum stands for when it comes to vaping? I prefer to think we as people have a right to do to our bodies what we want as long as it does not effect others. If you banned cigarettes youd have to ban all forms of tobacco.
Its such a multi faceted issue as we start trying to improve our health with Vaping some really do not vape for this reason Vaping takes on this "Cult" like persona but not in any good way they waste time and space in a Vape shop with the "Me too" and kinda resemble some episode of Drug Inc. IMHO as long as huge clouds are coming out of us it will never ever be accepted I have many times thought about going back to a higher percentage of PG and have tried but I am sensitive in its current state Vaping has many issues some worse that what we all tried to get away from.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its such a multi faceted issue as we start trying to improve our health with Vaping some really do not vape for this reason Vaping takes on this "Cult" like persona but not in any good way they waste time and space in a Vape shop with the "Me too" and kinda resemble some episode of Drug Inc. IMHO as long as huge clouds are coming out of us it will never ever be accepted I have many times thought about going back to a higher percentage of PG and have tried but I am sensitive in its current state Vaping has many issues some worse that what we all tried to get away from.
I go to 2 vape shops that are owned by the same person in 2 different states ( live on the border and one location has stuff the other cant vice versa). One you could pretty much call a headshop. I mean its like a stoner atmosphere, dimly lit, glass pipes, bongs displayed everywhere, and people just hanging around blowing smoke. Kind of like a "spencers" of vape shop. i dont mind but i think it would really turn off a white collar person. The other is the complete opposite. All the employees are well educated in vaping, Its bright and welcoming.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I go to 2 vape shops that are owned by the same person in 2 different states ( live on the border and one location has stuff the other cant vice versa). One you could pretty much call a headshop. I mean its like a stoner atmosphere, dimly lit, glass pipes, bongs displayed everywhere, and people just hanging around blowing smoke. Kind of like a "spencers" of vape shop. i dont mind but i think it would really turn off a white collar person. The other is the complete opposite. All the employees are well educated in vaping, Its bright and welcoming.
Exactly

Ashley vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Actually I mean do you get the same feelling when vaping instead of smoking?
Yes, I do enjoy vaping, it is still a time for me to continue vaping in order to get rid of smoking.

Dbro84

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I do enjoy vaping, it is still a time for me to continue vaping in order to get rid of smoking.
;):)about 3 months now without smoking :kickbutt:not once did i think about it. For me its not the same feeling, but I don't care for it anymore, thanks to vaping.:D all i think about now is what flavors:ejuice: are out there lol

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's not the same. It can't be because cigarettes burn vegetation and a bunch of added chemicals and ecigs vaporize liquid. It was however close enough for me so that the desire and willpower I had was enough to switch from smoking to vaping.

It took me well over a year to get over the last pangs I had for cigarettes, but I'm over that now and happy about it. So is my doctor :)

Ashley vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's not the same. It can't be because cigarettes burn vegetation and a bunch of added chemicals and ecigs vaporize liquid. It was however close enough for me so that the desire and willpower I had was enough to switch from smoking to vaping.

It took me well over a year to get over the last pangs I had for cigarettes, but I'm over that now and happy about it. So is my doctor :)
Glat to hear that, vaping makes you feel more healthy, that's also why I start vaping.:)

Origin Vape

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Think about smoking for a second. It requires combustion. I mean, it even sounds 20th century. I like my cars with combustion engines, but that's about it. Lighting a fire should be reserved for campsites. We are in the 21st century, and vaping is the extension of nicotine delivery that is very in-tune with today's world. It has to supplant smoking, whether pharma and big tobacco like it or not. The floodgates have opened, it is impossible to stem the tide now, even with government-enforced monopolies.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoking is far easier than vaping. And the human species is pretty lazy...

I've been vaping for four months now, not a cigarette since the first vape. In my usual fashion, I dove headlong into the pool. I quickly realized that sourcing juice was going to be problematic due to living in the Arabian Gulf. I could pay $40 per 30ml from the pirates here or take my chances shipping it here and dealing with customs. I chose the latter, but knew if this were to be sustainable I would have to DIY.

I'm waiting on orders from UK (nic), US (pg-vg), Italy (flavors) and my last flavor order from the UK has gone missing. Honestly, this has all been a major pain in my ass. It has consumed so much time learning, sourcing, going to customs for every order, mixing, testing, organizing, etc. Sometimes I just want to have a cigarette, get my nic and get the fuck on with my life. I've been playing guitar for 30+ years, yet for some reason I haven't touched one since the day before I took my first vape. That's weird.

When I started I thought I'd do it until I could wean myself totally from nicotine. I don't really need another hobby, I need my time back. I started at 18mg, I'm down to 6mg and will move to 4 soon. When I get to 0, I'm selling everything. Just venting.

VU Sponsors